Grand Trophy Hunting Olympics: Featuring the Elite of PSNP!

28 minutes ago, GarciaFever said:

Ok now I want to put my 2 cents in here:

According to the main rules, each team has to nominate who is going to participate in which events, correct? And if nobody is mentioned, then the person will be chosen at random, right?

I know that @AlphaTrash didn't have a choice seeing as each person on each team must participate in at least 3 rounds, but I didn't seen anywhere on the last 2-3 pages on which people on @Andrea's team were going to participate. so what gives?

27 minutes ago, Andrea said:

I have PMed jem with my selections for virtually every round so far.

Yeah, I wasn't really sure why Andrea was pming me instead of using the thread, but there was no reason to complain.

4 minutes ago, jem12345 said:

Yeah, I wasn't really sure why Andrea was pming me instead of using the thread, but there was no reason to complain.

Well the opposing teams had no way of gauging how many points they need to secure a win. Definitely gave them a competitive edge imo.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

Well the opposing teams had no way of gauging how many points they need to secure a win. Definitely gave them a competitive edge imo.

You have a point there, but nothing was stopping you or any other team from doing the same thing. I don't see why you're just pointing this out now when the Fourth Elite has been doing this all season.

38 minutes ago, jem12345 said:

You have a point there, but nothing was stopping you or any other team from doing the same thing. I don't see why you're just pointing this out now when the Fourth Elite has been doing this all season.

"If an Elite doesn't announce their lineup by the time a round starts, members will be chosen at random."

These were never announced to the public. This just feels like an abuse of being an admin for the event. Even more so changing team members mid way through the event were never announced to the public that one is the annoying part. In their defense the admins should have posted the PM's team members.. oh wait they are admin.... hmmmm.... talk about unfair play and using their admin power to their advantage,

Rules are there for a reason why you might have received the PM's how do we know that at the end of each round this team just picked the highest two members and went with it?

The reason why we did not bring it up earlier was as I enjoyed this event and there was already enough negative posts going around.

Edited by fisty123
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, fisty123 said:

"If an Elite doesn't announce their lineup by the time a round starts, members will be chosen at random."

These were never announced to the public. This just feels like an abuse of being an admin for the event. Even more so changing team members mid way through the event were never announced to the public that one is the annoying part. In their defense the admins should have posted the PM's team members.. oh wait they are admin.... hmmmm.... talk about unfair play and using their admin power to their advantage,

Rules are there for a reason why you might have received the PM's how do we know that at the end of each round this team just picked the highest two members and went with it?

The reason why we did not bring it up earlier was as I enjoyed this event and there was already enough negative posts going around.

The rule does say announce, but nowhere does it say the lineup had to be announced publicly. As long as I knew who was competing, it was fair game. I didn't even need to post the lineups for the First Elite, but I did out of good sportsmanship.

I can't believe you'd think I'd be lying about the pms, but here you go:

Spoiler

unknown.png

Check the time stamp. I'm telling the truth.

If you see a problem with any event, you need to resolve it with the owner immediately. Bringing this up now that you're likely to lose makes you look petty honestly.

I agree that what the Fourth Elite did was pretty shady, but shady and unfair are two different things. Technically, no rules were broken, so there's no reason to complain.

18 minutes ago, jem12345 said:

The rule does say announce, but nowhere does it say the lineup had to be announced publicly. As long as I knew who was competing, it was fair game. I didn't even need to post the lineups for the First Elite, but I did out of good sportsmanship.

I can't believe you'd think I'd be lying about the pms, but here you go:

Reveal hidden contents

unknown.png

Check the time stamp. I'm telling the truth.

If you see a problem with any event, you need to resolve it with the owner immediately. Bringing this up now that you're likely to lose makes you look petty honestly.

I agree that what the Fourth Elite did was pretty shady, but shady and unfair are two different things. Technically, no rules were broken, so there's no reason to complain.

What does announce mean:

announce

əˈnaʊns/

verb

past tense: announced; past participle: announced

make a formal public statement about a fact, occurrence, or intention.

See the word formal and public... the rules say announced not tell the admin. This was my first event on this site but allowing "shady" play and saying your ok with it I am not sure if I will partake in another one when clearly the rules can be twisted to suit others.

An Olympic event means you know who your up against and you try and beat their scores how can we plan to beat them if we never knew who we have to beat.

Edited by fisty123
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

announce

əˈnaʊns/

verb

past tense: announced; past participle: announced

make a formal public statement about a fact, occurrence, or intention.

See the word formal and public... the rules say announced not tell the admin. This was my first event on this site but allowing "shady" play and saying your ok with it I am not sure if I will partake in another one when clearly the rules can be twisted to suit others.

I've said this before, but anyone could've pm'd me their orders, not just admins. There was nothing stopping you from doing the same thing. What did you expect me to do? Accept pms the entire event and then disqualify the Fourth Elite? There's no way that's happening.

I'm sorry you're upset, but don't let this one event ruin your experience with events on PSNP. Most of my events are some of the best of the site. This particular one just happened to have some unavoidable rough patches.

12 minutes ago, jem12345 said:

I've said this before, but anyone could've pm'd me their orders, not just admins. There was nothing stopping you from doing the same thing. What did you expect me to do? Accept pms the entire event and then disqualify the Fourth Elite? There's no way that's happening.

I'm sorry you're upset, but don't let this one event ruin your experience with events on PSNP. Most of my events are some of the best of the site. This particular one just happened to have some unavoidable rough patches.

I enjoyed this concept for an event, even if I had very little sleep over the past month due to it. :) .
I was planning on sending a well done PM to admin(s) of this event at the end to say well done on it even with all the issues that came up it.

Just think its a tad unfair to be changing members on a second / third day in an event without letting everyone else know about it, but this is your event and these are your rules so i will let it go.

Also lets not take anything away from @MrUnknown625's team (which we knew were going to win from day one) and @Andrea's teams.
Both planned and gamed well in this comp.

Edited by fisty123
  • Like 1

Everything has been updated.

I'd like to apologize. I won't say who, but one of the admins must've forgotten how to count last night and got a good number of the scores wrong. I recounted everything just now, and the only major change is that the Fifth Elite is not in last place for the first round in this entire event. Congrats to them.

The correct scores are in the opening post, as well as the statistics page.

EDIT: So I'd like to apologize again. When recounting scores, I forgot to count @TristanBrown17's ultra rares, so the Fifth Elite is still in last place. Sorry to get your hopes up.

Edited by jem12345
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, jem12345 said:

The Final Round has begun! I give it 67 minutes for the first person to finish.

18 minutes ago, MrUnknown625 said:

i bet greater

You two were way off

4 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

I am done already. Garcia team.

Nice going!!!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

I am done already. Garcia team.

20 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

I'm done! It's times like this where you wonder if tapping a Mayo jar and then romancing said Mayo jar for the past forty minutes of your life was worth it :awesome:.

Both of these scores are above 100 and the next player for each team is eligible to begin.

Unless someone is late posting about a time faster than 21 minutes, that means BeautifulTorment has won the personal point for this round.

The 2nd player for us will be @gary_danial

Edited by Andrea
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Andrea said:

Both of these scores are above 100 and the next player for each team is eligible to begin.

Unless someone is late posting about a time faster than 21 minutes, that means BeautifulTorment has won the personal point for this round.

The 2nd player for us will be @gary_danial

Aye aye, captain!