Kill Your Completion v3. 0

7 hours ago, Mendant909 said:

On the PS4 I'll assume that you can see the perks menu by pressing/touching whatever the large thing in the middle of a PS4 controller is(sorry I don't own a PS4 so I don't know what that button would be called).

It's called the touch pad.

3 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

What do those big blue elvish hippies have to do with anything?

:awesome:

Not THOSE Avatars. My god, how do people mistake that disgusting live-action movie with the anime The Last Airbender?

25 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

I read there's a sequel coming, so I'm gonna have to get that.

Are you talking the Rhombus of Ruin? That sequel is a VR title. :(

43 minutes ago, NebbyLunala said:

Not THOSE Avatars. My god, how do people mistake that disgusting live-action movie with the anime The Last Airbender?

I'll stop doing that when you all stop calling Link "Zelda"!

... And Avatar is not a live action movie, it's a computer animated movie. The Last Airbender, on the other hand, IS a live-action movie, not an anime.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Airbender

:awesome:

47 minutes ago, NebbyLunala said:

Are you talking the Rhombus of Ruin? That sequel is a VR title. :(

30 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

No, there's an actual Psychonauts 2, supposedly coming next year.

Correct, Rhombus Of Ruin is a small title created to bridge the gap between Psychonauts and Psychonauts 2.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

... And Avatar is not a live action movie, it's a computer animated movie. The Last Airbender, on the other hand, IS a live-action movie, not an anime.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Airbender

To be fair, he could have just as easily been referring to that, with the disgusting live-action movie comment...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

To be fair, he could have just as easily been referring to that, with the disgusting live-action movie comment...

I thought about that too but then again we were talking about James Cameron's Avatar movie versus the Airbender series, adding M Night Shamalamalan's whatever thingie (seriously, I never watched the series but I didn't bother with the movie either even though I watch most high profile epic movies) would be kind of... OUT OF THE BLUE! HAH! GET IT?

34 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I thought about that too but then again we were talking about James Cameron's Avatar movie versus the Airbender series, adding M Night Shamalamalan's whatever thingie (seriously, I never watched the series but I didn't bother with the movie either even though I watch most high profile epic movies) would be kind of... OUT OF THE BLUE! HAH! GET IT?

tumblr_inline_norm2iPvWk1sn4ayh_500.gif

You should watch it, though. The series, not the terrible movie. 

• Like 1

Well, I guess I'm off to Dirt 3 now, this should be refreshing. I played some more Batman by the way, but I'm still not done with the story of that game.

3 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

But the game has no English voices.. 

That's a good thing. :lol:

Next you're gonna tell me that you watched Dragon Ball dubbed in English. :P 

6 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Yeah but I should watch Steins;Gate as well, and Code Geass, and and and... There's just not enough time for me to watch all this stuff in!

Just make sure you know that Avatar: The Last Airbender is gonna be a bit different from the ones you listed because that's actually a western cartoon. :D 

10 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

*Reaches for a flyswatter* Anywho,

L727275.png

Day 2

Day two, and I am falling in love with this game. :wub: It is fucking hilarious.

The only thing I don't like about this game, is the figments.. There are so many every level, and they're kind of transparent. And some move around. You need to find all of them every level, if you want to reach max rank(and achieve the Plat). So, I have had to go through some of these levels multiple times looking for these things. A few times, getting to the point where I just needed one, and it becoming a "find the needle in the haystack" scenario...

But yeah, highly enjoying this one. Other than it being a PS2 platformer with a fairly easy Plat, I don't think I knew much else going in. I read there's a sequel coming, so I'm gonna have to get that. 

Psychonauts is hands down one of my favourite games of all time. I've owned it on PS2, 3 and 4.  Which makes Rhombus of Ruin all the more frustrating that it is a VR only title. Sorry, I don't have $600+ lying around for a peripheral.  I'll just have to wait for Psychonauts 2 next year and hope they include some form of the storyline into that.

The figments can be a bit of a pain but they are all reasonably findable as long as you explore everywhere. Note that to actually get to max rank, you have to complete the target minigame near the start of the war zone as well.  You need to replay it after the initial run through to distort advancement. 

So continue to enjoy. I do every time I buy it again.

Edited by Kevvik

41 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

What's about dubbed in German?

I hate watching things with subtitles. That's the only reason I haven't watched DB Super yet.

Huh, I wouldn't have guessed that going by your profile pick.

Honestly, I used to be like that too. Once you get accommodated to reading subs, it's a lot more enjoyable to have the original voice actors in my opinion. The last thing I watched in German was (the original) Full Metal Alchemist, which I kinda feel bad about in retrospect. I just feel like the original voice actors fit their roles the best, especially when there's a huge difference in culture between the original language and the dubbed one. For example Muten Roshi from DB feels like a completely different character in the dubbed versions.

But to each their own, I wouldn't skip DBS just because of that though. It might be hard to get accustomed to the different set of voices but the last arc and the current arc in DBS are pretty great. Can't wait to see what they're going to do with the current one. ^_^  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, xFalionx said:

That's a good thing. :lol:

Next you're gonna tell me that you watched Dragon Ball dubbed in English. :P 

Damn straight. Wouldn't watch it any other way. We didn't have internet back then, so TV was the only option. Maybe that has something to do with it; it's how I started. I'd still like to play the game, because I'm sure there's content that isn't in the anime. But I feel like I'll enjoy watching the series dubbed, more than I will a subtitled-only game.  

3 hours ago, Kevvik said:

Psychonauts is hands down one of my favourite games of all time. I've owned it on PS2, 3 and 4.  Which makes Rhombus of Ruin all the more frustrating that it is a VR only title. Sorry, I don't have $600+ lying around for a peripheral.  I'll just have to wait for Psychonauts 2 next year and hope they include some form of the storyline into that.

The figments can be a bit of a pain but they are all reasonably findable as long as you explore everywhere. Note that to actually get to max rank, you have to complete the target minigame near the start of the war zone as well.  You need to replay it after the initial run through to distort advancement. 

Yeah, it's unfortunate.. Hope they do a good job of filling us in, or I may resort to watching a playthrough of it on YouTube. 

They would have been an astronomical pain, if I hadn't found a guide that makes it easy to find out where the ones you missed are. And ugh, don't remind me of that minigame.. That was just the worst. They don't give you enough time to react, in my opinion. I'd press :square: as soon as those targets popped up, and I'd miss. 

3 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

What's about dubbed in German?

I hate watching things with subtitles. That's the only reason I haven't watched DB Super yet.

:highfive: Glad I'm not the only one. Really find it weird, how so many prefer watching something they can't even understand, and say it's "better."

7 hours ago, xFalionx said:

Just make sure you know that Avatar: The Last Airbender is gonna be a bit different from the ones you listed because that's actually a western cartoon. :D 

Say what now?

Anyway, all of those series are less important than the first one on my list, which I watched a bunch of as a kid and want to rewatch entirely now:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, dmland12 said:

Game #5: Fallout 4

L50d97e.png

Progress: 12/85 Trophies (11%)

Completion: 88.45% (-2.05%, -7.22% from start)

Wonderful game, at least what I got to play of it over 3 days.  It's the best I've played so far in this, and I doubt any of the remaining 5 will top it in my opinion. 

(...)

Overall, exploring this world has been a joy.  This is certainly one of those games I could get lost in for a month or more.

I like all these big open world games but I never seem to be able to finish them, I get distracted in-game by side quests and exploration, and I get distracted out of game by other titles. Really determined to finish Zelda and Witcher III now, Fallout 4 might be the next big title I'll try to tackle since I still have it lying around, played about an hour or five.

• Like 2