Star Ocean: Till the End of Time Director's Cut coming to PS4 on May 23rd

I went & dug through my closet & underneath a crap ton of Game Informer magazines I found this:

Spoiler

IfJluWk.jpg

My old SO3 strategy guide, item creation/bonus dungeon fold-out, & a BT/endings checklist I copied so I could mark stuff off. xD I'm kinda surprised I still have it, hopefully they won't change too much stuff so I can still use it. I must've gave-up on the BTs pretty early though, apparently I only had about 100 (out of 300). :|

Wow... I have had dreams of this game getting a HD remaster for PS4 but I never actually thought they would do it... All they need to do is bring this to PAL/NA now!

While I do fear what kind of trophies will come with the title I won't let that stop me from playing this amazing game, I tried several times to fire up my PS2 and do a full playthrough but I always get sucked into the PS3/4/Vita trophy grind xD Perhaps with the implementation of trophies I can finally beat this sucker once more!

Now SE... Do Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria, and my Tri-Ace needs will be complete! 

PS: Why didn't you bring over SO2 to PAL/NA, that's like the best Star Ocean title ): Oh well, hoping for TTEOT gets here!

16 minutes ago, Masamune said:

I went & dug through my closet & underneath a crap ton of Game Informer magazines I found this:

Hide contents

IfJluWk.jpg

My old SO3 strategy guide, item creation/bonus dungeon fold-out, & a BT/endings checklist I copied so I could mark stuff off. xD I'm kinda surprised I still have it, hopefully they won't change too much stuff so I can still use it. I must've gave-up on the BTs pretty early though, apparently I only had about 100 (out of 300). :|

I've got that bad boy myself. Ah - the good ole days...

• Like 1

Please Square Enix, localize this game.  It was one of my all time favorites on the Ps2 and I would love to get trophies on this.

I do agree with others on this thread, please don't make 100% battle trophies a requirement for a trophy. Attempting Freya on 4D difficulty was a nightmare.

On 2/23/2017 at 2:44 AM, starcrunch061 said:

So, you want the plat to cover absolutely everything in the game, but not absolutely everything? xD

Lol, I was half way through typing that and then remembered the battle trophies! :lol:

Well I hope it covers almost everything.

50 minutes ago, locutus442 said:

Attempting Freya on 4D difficulty was a nightmare.

At least that had some manner of skill involved. I enjoyed (most of) the "Beat Boss X without taking damage" or "Beat Boss Y in under Z minutes". I loved the fact that for 4-D Freya, they actually give you a 60(!) minute time limit.

9 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

This is great news! Let's just hope those trophies aren't ridiculous. :P

You're just whistling in the wind here. They'll be ridiculous - be assured.

But this is good news. TTEOT was a favorite of mine (arguably my favorite in the series). I don't know if I'll dig in again (I put hundreds of hours into it on PS2), but anything that gets more exposure for Tri-Ace classics is good by me.

Just now, starcrunch061 said:

You're just whistling in the wind here. They'll be ridiculous - be assured.

But this is good news. TTEOT was a favorite of mine (arguably my favorite in the series). I don't know if I'll dig in again (I put hundreds of hours into it on PS2), but anything that gets more exposure for Tri-Ace classics is good by me.

Well, the trophy list for Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness wasn't too bad. Maybe they learnt their lesson?

1 hour ago, SnowxSakura said:

Star Ocean 2 had the easiest list, shame they didn't release it in the west. If anything they should consider bringing blue sphere over since that was never localized. I wouldn't be surprised if they did 100% BT for 3 though

In the SO2 remake, could you still game the system by wearing the cursed armor and spamming Opera's awesome heal skill?

• 2 months later...