Games you only played as they showed up on plus and loved

Superbuu3

Hands down Guacamelee! and muramasa rebirth. Those games were awesome.

Other games I liked are that I probably wouldn't buy if it wasn't for PS+:

Luftrausers (If they fix those damn unachievable trophies :awesome: )

Race the sun

Soul Sacrifice

Ducktales Remastered

Counterspy

Sherlock Holmes crimes & punishment (this was a big suprise..)

Never Alone

Shutshimi

Dynasty warriors next (which atleast let me look into musou's more)

On the Vita:

Geometry Wars - frantic and fantastic shooter

Freedom Wars - good sci-fi FPS

CastleStorm Complete Edition - reasonably fun towers of defense game

PS3:

Chariot - great puzzle platformer, but tough as nails

Super Stardust HD - great shooter

Journey - more interesting than I expected, short but very well made

Blazerush - surprisingly fun racing game

For players who had PS PLus in 2014, 2013 and 2012 there's lots of interesting games. Unfortunately PS Plus in Europe from 2015 onward has taken a quality nosedive.

I just posted on a duplicate thread that got locked, so I'm just going to rehash my reply from there :P. I did get some more ideas, so I've added those.

One of the more memorable games I've played out of the IGC is Valiant Hearts: The Great War (PS4). Definitely worth the time for the story alone. It's a WW1 themed sidescroller. There's also a lot of information about WW1 in this game too (through the story and through collectibles) if you're interested in that sort of stuff.

Some more of my favourites include

• Dust: An Elysian Tail (PS4) - MetroidVania. Nice little story and fun gameplay.
  • Strider (PS4) - MetroidVania. Another nice MetroidVania title. Not much of a story, but fun to play.
  • Transistor (PS4) - ARPG. Fun game with a unique story.
  • Spec Ops: The Line (PS3) - 3rdPS. This game's story just blew my mind.
  • Ducktales Remastered (PS4). Platformer. The nostalgia was real.
  • Styx: Master of Shadows (PS4). Stealth. I like stealth games. Was an enjoyable experience, nothing amazing, but decent.
  • Never Alone. Nice little game that I could play with my daughter, who was 3 at the time.

These are games I would have never bought, but imo they're all master pieces and I'm happy that I got to play them.

Edited by Ric
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Most of them, at least before and some time after I joined PS+, by playing some of those games I realized that a what makes a game good is not its graphics, or if it's an AAA game, but what you experience by playing it, what makes you keep playing it, how entertaining it is, among other things.

If I had never joined PS+, I would've never been able to play Spelunky, one of my favorite games, that game I keep playing even after getting all the trophies. I just love that game. I wish it has a platinum trophy.

Other indie games that I really liked are Terraria, Lone Survivor, Stealth Inc 1 and 2, Thomas Was Alone, Unmechanical, Ultraton, Sutshimi, and of course Helldivers, which I also love, if it can be considered an indie game, among others. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2017 at 11:45 AM, Lava_Yuki said:

Psycho Pass, Stein's Gate, Atelier Sophie and Disgaea 4. I really enjoyed Psycho Pass the most, and Disgaea 4 was pretty good albeit challenging and very grindy. 

Damned lucky Japanese Plus subscribers xDDD

If I'm only talking about PS4+... Frankly, only Amnesia and Code;Realize. But I would eventually buy them anyway, Plus was just a reason why I played them earlier.

And iirc Beyond Eyes, Never Alone and Mousecraft were from Plus.

However, talking about true PS Plus... :awesome:

VIRTUE'S LAST REWARD! 

Gravity Rush

Okami HD

NFS Most Wanted

Street Fighter IV

Velocity Ultra

FIFA Street

Jak and Dexter: The Precursor Legacy

Rayman Origins

LOTR War in the North

Far Cry 3

(Even though I haven't personally started the last 2)

How... different :awesome: 

• Like 1

I am a plus member since May last year, so my catalogue isn't that big. There is one game though, that i played because it was on plus before. That is Rocket League, still my favourite game to play on the PS4. Didn't get it free on plus, but because a lot of people played it and so many people loved it i decided to buy it in June, still play it everyday

• 1 month later...

I realised that with this month I have three full years of PS+ games behind me (bought my PS4 in June 2014 and got the PS+ games of that month almost right away), I wanted to do a topic where I list all the games I played through from PS+ and enjoyed but it's probably not different enough from this thread so I'll just expand on my first post here.

On 23-2-2017 at 10:54 PM, BillyHorrible said:

Jeez, going to have to check the list...

Enjoyed a lot:

PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate, Strider, Road Not Taken, Pix The Cat, Titan Attacks!, Kick & Fennick, MonsterBag, Murasaki Baby, Grow Home, Kung Fu Rabbit, Chariot, TableTop Racing: World Tour, Furi, Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty!, Lara Croft And The Temple Of Osiris, Grim Fandango Remastered, Nova-111.

Loved:

Velocity 2X, Luftrausers, The Swapper, CounterSpy, The Deadly Tower Of Monsters, Broken Age, Flame Over, Tropico 5, Journey, Everybody's Gone To The Rapture.

And there's still so much left to play...

So right now I'm going through the whole list of PS+ games, and I'll list everything I've played through to the end of the story (if applicable) and enjoyed. Just enjoyed is enough, not 'loved' or anything.

June 2014: Trine 2. (enjoyed but not completely played through PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate)

July 2014: Strider, Doki-Doki Universe.

August 2014: Road Not Taken. (I will eventually enjoy Fez but I have played it on X360 already so it's not a priority game)

September 2014: Velocity 2X.

October 2014: Batman: Arkham Asylum. (had played it on X360 before as well), Pix The Cat. (Still want to get through Dust some day, didn't finish it on X360 either).

November 2014: SteamWorld Dig, Luftrausers. (Binding Of Isaac was dismissed by me at first but I've put it on my backlog list now)

December 2014: Injustice: Gods Among Us, Titan Attacks!.

January 2015: The Swapper, DuckTales Remastered (had played it on X360 before as well). (I had already bought and played through inFamous: First Light)

February 2015: Kick & Fennick. (Rogue Legacy was dismissed by me at first but I've put it on my backlog list now)

March 2015: CounterSpy. (I had already bought and played through both Oddworld and Valieant Hearts)

April 2015: MonsterBag. (I had already bought and played through Never Alone)

May 2015: Murasaki Baby. (I had already bought and played through The Unfinished Swan, Race The Sun and Hohokum)

June 2015: None for a first playthrough, but I was glad to get back Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (I had played it a year before and returned it, but wanted to play through it some more, I counted on it becoming a PS+ game before Phantom Pain would be released) and DriveClub (I had already played the disc version but was glad that I had gotten the PS+ version about a year ago when the PS+ expansion to full game & season pass was only €6 or so)

July 2015: MouseCraft. (I had already bought and played through Entwined, and I haven't finished Rain yet)

August 2015: Lara Croft And The Temple Of Osiris. (I had already bought and played LIMBO and Sound Shapes, I still need to get through God Of War: Ascension)

September 2015: Grow Home. (I had already bought and played through Teslagrad)

October 2015: Broken Age, Kung Fu Rabbit. (I played Super Meat Boy on X360 already so it's no priority game, I had already bought and played through Unmechanical Extended and I still need to finish Chariot)

November 2015: Mass Effect 2. (I had already bought and played through The Walking Dead: Season 2)

December 2015: King's Quest: Chapter 1 (but yes I am pissed that it became free afterwards anyway). (I enjoyed Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken but I never played through it before selling my Vita)

January 2016: None. (I had already bought and played through Grim Fandango, I enjoyed Nihilumbra but never played through it before selling my Vita)

February 2016: Nova-111. (I enjoyed Lemmings Touch but I never played through it before selling my Vita)

March 2016: Flame Over.

April 2016: None. (I enjoyed Shütshimi but technically I never finished it)

May 2016: Table Top Racing: World Tour. (I loved Tropico 5 but still have not finished it, I had already bought and played through Switch Galaxy Ultra)

June 2016: None. (I had already bought Echochrome)

July 2016: None. (I enjoyed Furi a lot but have not finished it yet)

August 2016: Ultratron.

September 2016: Journey. (I had already obtained Prince Of Persia: The Forgotten Sands from the same person that gave me my PS3)

October 2016: None. (I already played From Dust on X360 so it's not a priority game)

November 2016: Everybody's Gone To The Rapture, The Deadly Tower Of Monsters.

December 2016: Stories: The Path Of Destinies, Color Guardians.

January 2017: This War Of Mine: The Little Ones, Titan Souls. (I had already bought and played through The Day Of The Tentacle)

February 2017: None. (Anna: Extended and TorqueL were the only ones going on my backlog list - haven't had a chance to play the former, did not like the latter)

March 2017: None. (I have not played through Tearaway Unfolded yet and didn't get a chance to touch the other games)

April 2017: None. (I have not played through Lovers In A Dangerous Spacetime yet and didn't get a chance to touch the other games)

May 2017: None. (I already bought and played through Tales From The Borderlands and TYPE:RIDER and I didn't get a chance to touch the other games)

Total number of games played through and enjoyed in three years of PS+: 36, an average of exactly one per month.

Total number of PS+ games from those three years that are still on my backlog list: 49, so I really should stop buying games and just play more of the stuff that I have.

I have plus since july 2014. I think that I just play aroud 1/3 of all games that were on free list.

I'll list the randomly:

1 - olli-olli2 - very hard skate game but addictive;

2 - killzone mercenary - best first shooter for vita;

3 - rainbow moon - very good rpg;

4 - final horizon - I really enjoy this game. strategy/tower defense;

5 - entwined - I don't know what genre is this game, but what I can say is that it is beautiful;

6 - freedow wars - I have nothing to say about this game, only that is a very good game;

7 - super time force ultra - looks like a snes game but with a very good control;

8 - velocity 2x - I did play it after playing velocity ultra (I did buy VU).

9 - transistor - very enjoyable game;

10 - tales from the borderlands - I already had played it but it is a telltales game and I love it.

Edited by brunorossin

I've been a Plus member for 5 years now or so, and as such I can't remember which games I got from it or not. Here's a list in no particular order, and pretty sure some will be forgotten.

Borderlands

Spec Ops - The Line

Velocity 2x

Plants vs Zombies (Vita)

Sly Cooper and theThievious Raccoonus

Just Cause 2? <--Pretty sure this was PS+ once upon a time because I don't remember buying it, and its not in my download list anymore.

Sonic & Sonic 2, oddly I never did play these games when they first came out.