Games you only played as they showed up on plus and loved

Superbuu3

I have way too many to list right now i'll post more later.

Giving how many downer topics there are and how I am now currently trying to beat/try out a lot of the past instant game collection games I thought it would be interesting to see what games people played and loved and it would give the other people here a chance to try them out. Note these are games I knew little to nothing about before they showed up on plus in many case not heard of them.

PS4:

Hotline miami - Old retro looks like crap, but has amazing gameplay and soundtrack.

Valiant Hearts - A world War I game (this war is rarely a scene for everything we always see WW II) this is about burly men and their awesome dogs.

Rocket League - Everyone probably has tried this I don't need to describe how fun this is with friends.

Stories: Path of Destinies - This game is hilarious, dialogue and gameplay is definitely fun. Unfortunately the game is too easy by the time you are trying to get the remaining endings. Still love it though.

Not a Hero - this is essentially a side scrolling hotline miami, surprisingly addictive

Rebel Galaxy - A game about trading and flying a ship around space. The games music and badass feeling of taking out giant starships with your little cargo ship is extremely fun (backup your save I didn't plat this as my save corrupted)

PS3:

Sleeping Dogs - What I thought was a GTA clone was surprisingly a helluva lot more fun and had a story that got a genuine emotional reaction out of me.

Spec Ops: The line - A modern TPS where you play a typical set of american soldiers couldn't possibly have a good story and yet this game did.

Sherlock Holmes Crimes and Punishments - I love this game and solving murders we need more games like this in general.

Mad Riders - this is an ATV racing game haven't played one since Motorstorm Pacific Drift, but this was surprisingly fun, fast and hectic

Vita:

Velocity Ultra and 2X - both games were fast addictive fun and right at the top of my favourite vita games barring Soul Sacrifice Delta and VLR.

History Legends of War - A strategy game made by the History channel is something I'd never consider to be as fun as this was.

• Like 1

Right now I'm gonna go with CounterSpy and Chariot. I think both are cross-play.

CounterSpy is a side-scroll shooter with amazing graphics. It's so 60's! :lol: I kind of loved the way in which you can stealth your way through the levels, which are randomly generated by the way.

Chariot is a platformer where you basically need to transport a chariot across the levels with the goal of finding the perfect resting place for the ghost of your father, the King :huh: It's really entertaining and it can be played in offline coop by 2 players. Levels are sometimes tricky, so it isn't always easy finding the exit.

That's it for now :wave:

• Like 1

I've enjoyed quite a few PS+ games.  Here's my top 5.

#1 Rogue Legacy -- Very fun game that also provides a good challenge.  I got this my first month of getting PS+ (Feb 2015) and shortly after getting my PS4 and getting into trophy hunting.  Very happy to have it as my first ever platinum.  B)

#2 Entwined -- I still play this from time to time even though I 100%'d the game about a year and a half ago.  It's easy to pick up the elemental challanges and play for 5-15 minutes and then move on to other games.  The challenges were hard to figure out at first and get the timing right, but it's sort of like learning to ride a bike.  Once you've got things coordinated correctly, it's not bad.  I find the water and wood challenges in particular kind of relaxing now.

#3 OlliOlli2 -- This game was very difficult to master, but also very rewarding.

#4 Super Meat Boy -- Ditto, except I haven't mastered/plat'd it yet.  Maybe some day.  :P

#5 Transistor -- The easiest of this bunch, by far.  I really enjoyed the setting and the story even if the combat and trophies were pretty easy (once you get Void() and figure out how overpowered it is).

I think all of these were from 2015...  but I haven't gotten around to playing a lot of PS+ games from 2016/2017 yet, so I should probably make more time for them.

• Like 2

PS4

Furi - This game just oozes style. It's very fast paced and addictive. I got my ass handed back to me on more than one occasion, but I couldn't help coming back for more.

Transistor - As the successor to Bastion, I knew it was going to be good. It manages to blend real-time combat with a strategic planning mode incredibly well. The story is great too.

PS3

XCOM: Enemy Unknown - I adore both turn-based combat and base management, so I quickly fell in love with this game. It's definitely at its best when playing ironman mode.

Resogun - Of course this was a PS4 launch game, but there's no DLC trophies to worry about on PS3. Very simple gameplay, but it manages to perfect it. Incredibly addictive.

Vita

Gravity Rush - I love everything about this game. It was one of the earliest Vita games I tried out and it really showed me what the system could do. Kat is one of my favourite protagonists.

Uncharted: Golden Abyss - It's Uncharted, what more is there to say? Bend really brought their A game with this one. If you told me it was a Naughty Dog game, I'd believe you.

The Binding of Isaac Rebirth - One of my favourite games on Vita and I still play it all the time. It never gets old thanks to it being procedurally generated. So many possibilities.

Amnesia: Memories - Okay, "loved" might be a bit of an exaggeration, but I did really enjoy this one. It was the first otome VN I've played and I'm sure it won't be the last.

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 1

Guacamalee was a great game but beyond that it introduced me to the whole metroidvania genre, which is now among my favourites.

Assassin's Creed III got me to try the Assassin's Creed series. Love may be a bit of a strong word for that, but I've since played and completed every game in the series (besides the first, because ew, no trophies) so they're pretty cool, I guess. The same goes for Need for Speed Most Wanted, although I kind of feel like that was the best of the bunch. But still, I look forward to new releases from both series, all thanks to PS+.

Honourable mentions go to Rogue Legacy, Mercenary Kings, Dragon's Dogma in particular, Gravity Rush, SSX, and the dozens of other games I played which were alright but not necessarily fantastic.

This list isn't very long if i consider only ps+ games of which i didn't know much or anything at all and loved them after a few hours:

In order of appearence

1. Okami HD... playing as a wolf was a surprise but fun too (people wandered why they talk to a wolf sometimes), but the scenery was fantastic and drawing all magic on screen was a nice gimmick <3...

2. ICO... leaving the castle wasn't easy at first try... that includes both the riddles and moving Yorda at the same amount of effort :facepalm::lol:

3. Rain.... a very melancolic yet awesome escape through a long raining night...

4. Spec Ops - The Line... what a fine way to show the player what an evil man he/she is :unsure:

5. Darksiders... even though the mechanic is hilarious from real-world view, an astonishing Zelda-like Action-Adventure... fighting Demons and Angels like? You're very welcome :devil:

6. Metro Last Light... if i survive the 3rd World War i wanna live in the Metro of Moscow and be a Ranger just like Artyom :D

7. Demon's Souls... Difficult as Hell.... I died by the 2nd enemy i saw... it was a nightmare to see the only killed enemy rise again... and yet somehow i went through the hassle of millions of Demons... with every step i became stronger... my character in physical strength and i in psychological :) ... (i wish to discover all of Dark Souls (1) one day but i am not smart enough yet :facepalm::D)

• Like 1

Journey. I always figured it would be over hyped and mediocre. Was I ever wrong. It was beautiful and fluid with a great atmosphere. 

Thomas Was Alone. When I first saw that game I thought "wow a game about squares, I bet that sucks" but omg lol. They managed to tell such an amazing story with something so simple. Even the Lost Vikings style puzzles were really well crafted, I really had a blast.

Jeez, going to have to check the list...

Enjoyed a lot:

PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate, Strider, Road Not Taken, Pix The Cat, Titan Attacks!, Kick & Fennick, MonsterBag, Murasaki Baby, Grow Home, Kung Fu Rabbit, Chariot, TableTop Racing: World Tour, Furi, Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty!, Lara Croft And The Temple Of Osiris, Grim Fandango Remastered, Nova-111.

Loved:

Velocity 2X, Luftrausers, The Swapper, CounterSpy, The Deadly Tower Of Monsters, Broken Age, Flame Over, Tropico 5, Journey, Everybody's Gone To The Rapture.

And there's still so much left to play...

I guess there's a lot of games that I liked, but I don't remember most of them, since I don't use plus on this account anymore. Anyway, heres few of them: Super Meat Boy, Furi, Transistor, Infamous: First Light, Injustice, Valiant Hearts, MGSV: Ground Zeroes, Yakuza 5, Broforce, SSX, Hitman HD Trilogy, Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, Twisted Metal.

Oh man, there's quite a few games that I really enjoyed that I got from PS+, but I'll list some of the most notable ones.

PS4- Dust: An Elysian Tail. (I really loved this game a lot, definitely my favorite PS4 Plus game to date. Really amazing experience. Platinum was a lot of fun to work for as well.)

The Unfinished Swan. (This game really surprised me at how good it was, I'd always wanted to pick up this game since launch, but my PS3 stopped working around the time it did, so I forgot about it. But I'm glad it came to PS+ as it's really a good game. And I even stacked it 3 times.)

Rocket League. (Really addictive game. Played it with my good friend, @TigressLion, and I had a blast with it. I definitely am glad it came to PS+, it's a game that I can play and just relax with at times.)

Resogun. (The first game I've played on PS4 ever, it's simply a great game. Really addicting and a lot of fun. Housemarque's work is top quality, I definitely have enjoyed the games they made so far.)

PS3: Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game. (It's simply a great game. I thought it's really fun and a great throwback to 90's games and stuff like that, it's what got me into the series for real. Also, the OST is amazing.)

Remember Me. (Really underrated game, was always intrigued by it. Was really glad when it came to PS+, but I unfortunately backlogged it for over a year. But when I finally played it, I had a great time with it, was a nice change of pace from what I was playing at the time. Definitely hope a remaster and or a sequel does definitely come out, I'd buy both of them instantly.)

PS Vita: Can't really think of much since I buy most of my games, but Murasaki Baby, Xeodrifter and The Unfinished Swan were all good games.

• Like 1

Well let us see :)

1. Bioshock Infinite-OK I knew I was going to love this one before playing it on Plus but since I technically didn't play it before Plus then I will count it still :)

2. X-Com-I used to watch my brother play the original all the time so I wanted to try the new one. I ended up loving this game and I know i will probably have @Dragon-Archon be like "you should plat it now" but I will have to wait until I renew my Plus

3. Lone Survivor-The other 2 games I figured I would like but this one I went in cold. This game was amazing and I had an absolute blast playing it.

4. Okami-Never got to play this game when it first came out but had a great time playing it. It also holds fond memories for me as this was the first game this site did a We Play of and it kind of sparked the whole Events forum board on this site :)

5. Puppeteer-Excellent platformer and underrated gem

6. Velocity 2x-sequel to one of my favourite games of all time. This is an absolute must for everyone to play :) I also got the original on Sale using my Plus so I am counting that as well

7. Thomas was Alone-good Indy Platformer. Would never have bought this game if it wasn't for Plus

8. Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon-Spinoff of one of my favourite PS3 games with lasers and dinosaurs...yes please :D

There were more but those are the ones that really stand out as Awesome games for me

• Like 2

Here are mine:

1. Borderlands 2: Almost everything that I hated from the first game was improved.
  2. Bulletstorm: I was in the mood for a shooter and downloaded the first one I found in the game library. This game is a hidden gem: the humour, the banter, the crazy weapons, weird enemies, beautiful environment. Just about everything is great in this game. Even 3 out of 5 mp trophies could be done solo ^_^ .
  3. Catherine: The game mechanics are very unique in this game. It seems simple, but after playing a few stages it becomes clear how many techniques are possible. 
  4. Demon's Souls: This game sparked my interest in the Souls games. 
  5. Gravity Rush: I love the ability to change the gravity on the fly. The art style is great and the story is interesting, though it would've been better if the game didn't end with so many unanswered questions.
  6. Metal Gear Rising Revengeance: I really enjoyed hacking and slashing up pretty much anything as a cyborg ninja.
  7. Resident Evil 5: This was the first PS+ game I played and didn't expect much of it. The AI partner is worthless, but playing co-op is really fun. 
  8. Super Time Force Ultra: the humour in this game is great. 
  9. XCOM Enemy Unknown: I was interested in the strategic and tactical aspects and really liked it. Though doing 5 playthroughs is a bit too much. I do still harbor a lot of hatred towards Thin Men on Impossible :spank: .

16 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

2. X-Com-I used to watch my brother play the original all the time so I wanted to try the new one. I ended up loving this game and I know i will probably have @Dragon-Archon be like "you should plat it now" but I will have to wait until I renew my Plus

Mandatory comment: you should plat it now :awesome: . But seriously, I can understand why you haven't renewed PS+ yet. Let mine run out too because of all the crappy lineups.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Mandatory comment: you should plat it now :awesome: . But seriously, I can understand why you haven't renewed PS+ yet. Let mine run out too because of all the crappy lineups.

They also raised the price by 10$ :( If I owned a PS4 it would different but they simply aren't going to make it worth the price if you own a PS3/Vita. Those are just old systems now.

2 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

Journey. I always figured it would be over hyped and mediocre. Was I ever wrong. It was beautiful and fluid with a great atmosphere. 

Thomas Was Alone. When I first saw that game I thought "wow a game about squares, I bet that sucks" but omg lol. They managed to tell such an amazing story with something so simple. Even the Lost Vikings style puzzles were really well crafted, I really had a blast.

Funny, I still jump into a level of Journey once a month just because it is such an awesome game...

Guacamelee (PS4): One of the best indie games I've ever played. Amazing music, story and game play.

InFamous: First Light (PS4): Amazing game, just like Second Sons.

Teslegrad (PSs4): Good graphics and puzzles mechanics.

King Quest (PS4): I've only played the first episode and I enjoyed the game like crazy, love the story so far.

Never Alone (PS4): The first game I played with my girlfriend on the console. We both enjoyed it and it holds a sentimental value on me. 

The Walking Dead Season 2 (PS4): What motivated me to buy the first season on a flash sale and what motivated me to watch the entire series after playing both seasons. Truly amazing. 

• Like 1

Interesting thread, in my case:

Gravity Rush

Uncharted golden abyss

Gauntlet :)

Zombi

Nihilumbra

JAK AND DAXTER: THE PRECURSOR LEGACY

Rocketbirds

DMC

The walking dead season 2

I expect that next month we have very good games to update the list .

Edited by Yavieh

First of all, the best PS+ game (imo) I've gotten: Call of Juarez: Gunslinger.

Then we have, Rogue Legacy, The Swapper, Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments, The Unfinished Swan, Papo & Yo, Yakuza 4.

I'm probably missing some, but those are the ones I can recall atm.

Lots of Indies tbh, still thankful to PS+ for introducing me to lots of great Indie games. In my list, I will not include games that I've bought that eventually became part to PS+ IGC :|

1. Uncharted: Golden Abyss
  2. Dokuro - one of the first PS+ games I've played and will always be one of my fave game I've played on Vita.
  3. Hotline Miami - very skeptical at first before I played it. Enjoyed and had a blast playing it.
  4. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
  5. Rain
  6. Lone Survivor - even I am not a huge fan of Horror games, haven't stopped playing it 'til I finished it. I didn't played it with audio though xD
  7. Soul Sacrifice - I played Monster Hunter on PSP before for few hours years ago and it made me realize that it's genre is one of the genre that I know that I will never love. This game made me like the genre... just a bit. Also, loved the story esp. the ending.
  8. Velocity Ultra
  9. Doki-Doki Universe
  10. Dragon's Crown - after playing this and Muramasa Rebirth, I told myself that I will make sure to check out future games from Vanillaware.
  11. Rainbow Moon - Became one of my personal fave Strategy game... and yes, I am still patiently waiting for Rainbow Skies xD
  12. Velocity 2X
  13. Rogue Legacy
  14. Puppeteer - became one of my fave PS3 game.
  15. The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth - one of the games that I find creepy and weird. Ended up aiming for the plat after starting and getting used to it.
  16. Bastion
  17. Strider