Marvel vs DC The Ultimate Crossover

marvelboy10

This is a thread to see who is a Marvel fan on this website and who is a DC fan. You can already tell which side I prefer over the other. (look at my name). I've been a Marvel fan ever since I saw the original Spider-man starring Tobey Maguire when I was younger. From there I learned about more characters such as Hulk,Captain America,Hawkeye,Black Panther, X-men,Wolverine,Cyclops etc. But then I learned about (takes deep breath) DC. I learned about Batman,Superman,Green Arrow,Joker,Solomon Grundy,Deathstroke, Deadshot, etc. From that point on I new I had to pick a side and I did. I like DC but Marvel is better in my opinion. This video,which is over a year old,was made by Youtuber Mightyracoon! It shows a battle between the two universes and a winner is decided. Now I have a question for you guys. Whose side are you on? Remember respect each others opinions. We all are entitled to one.

Edited by marvelboy10
  • Like 3

Honestly I have always been a Captain America fan. My man cave has just about every type of Captain America item that's out there. So yeah, I choose Marvel.

BUT Batman is a very close second and the only reason it can be considered a competition. The rest of the DC stable of heroes are pretty corny imo. Especially Aquaman. Talking to fish. Who the hell thought that up?

• Like 2

Just now, Bullstomp said:

Honestly I have always been a Captain America fan. My man cave has just about every type of Captain America item that's out there. So yeah, I choose Marvel.

BUT Batman is a very close second and the only reason it can be considered a competition. The rest of the DC stable of heroes are pretty corny imo. Especially Aquaman. Talking to fish. Who the hell thought that up?

Great choice my friend. Batman is a very close second but that's it. I voted Team Captain America in Civil War by the way.

I used to like Marvel a lot mainly for the X-Men, Spider-Man, and The Punisher. But nowadays I'm more into DC since I like their characters better. Plus

Spoiler

with Wolverine dead, Spider-Man's story being really weird, and The Punisher also being dead (I think)

I don't really have much reason to go back to it. Say what you will about Batman or Superman, but I still find them a lot more sympathetic and interesting.

15 minutes ago, Bullstomp said:

Especially Aquaman. Talking to fish. Who the hell thought that up?

I always think of this when someone brings up Aquaman:

Marvel for me. Batman is the only DC character I really care about.

• Like 2

I got into Superman when he was killed by Doomsday, but reading about Green Lantern <spoiler> Hal Jordan returning to Earth from being sent on a mission by the Guardians finds his home city and everyone he knows as well as Coast City a smoldering hole in the ground, leading to him going insane, killing every Green Lantern and taking their rings on the path back to the Guardians, smoking all of them then entering the power battery to take all the power for himself </spoiler> was an amazing storyline.

I mean Green Lantern is so powerful, <spoiler> Hal erased time from the end to the beginning to write it how he thought it should have gone. (Zero Hour) </spoiler>

On top of that, DC and Marvel *had* a crossover series (Amalgam Comics) where they established Green Lantern wields the most powerful weapon in the universe and a short while later, removed Green Lanterns two weaknesses (24 hour artificial limit and weakness to the color yellow - stemming from Paralax tainting the power battery).

Storylines in keep me firmly rooted in the DC universe. And the cool thing is every time (since the 70's) DC has reinvented the DC Universe to try to bring in new readers, Green Lanterns plot has never been affected. It's never had a reboot with a new origin story/whatever. 

Now I'm going to need to catch up on the last couple years when I took a break. Damn it. 

Edited by DaivRules

I prefer Marvel as a whole, there were so many good Marvel shows on the 90's (the animations went downhill afterwards), while DC only had one major show (they redeemed themselves with Justice League and JL Unlimited last decade). However my favorite character is from DC.

I've always preferred DC characters, but I really only know the big ones. I don't read comics but I've read a few of the important stories (mostly Batman stuff). 

That being said, Marvel wins hands-down in the movie arena. Nothing can touch the Bruce Timm DC animated shows though: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_animated_universe

As far as gaming goes, the Arkham series is some of the best gaming (comic adaptation or not), but Marvel gets a LOT of points from me for LEGO Marvel Super Heroes. That game had so many cool things going on in terms of Marvel characters, I didn't understand all of it but it was a very cool way to bring together all these different characters from multiple decades of comics. 

So... tie? If I had to choose one, it would be DC. But I like them both. 

Also, Stan Lee is just an awesome human being and I don't think there's anybody like him on the DC side. 

1 minute ago, Deceptrox said:

I prefer Marvel as a whole, there were so many good Marvel shows on the 90's (the animations went downhill afterwards), while DC only had one major show (they redeemed themselves with Justice League and JL Unlimited last decade). However my favorite character is from DC.

What? They had Batman and Superman in the 90's, as my link above shows. That's 2 right there, and it's DC's 2 most iconic characters. 

Also, John Stewart will always be my MY Green Lantern (no, I don't know anything about him outside of the JL shows). 

16 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

What? They had Batman and Superman in the 90's, as my link above shows. That's 2 right there, and it's DC's 2 most iconic characters.  

That's right, I don't know if Superman had as many episodes as Batman T.A.S. had. I'm not too much of a Superman fan as you can see. Also I only watched a few episodes of that show. 

Edited by Deceptrox

I have to choose Marvel. Both are great, but I think Marvel has better characters. However, some recent Marvel comics have been crap, especially that Marvel Champions garbage. The movies, on the other hand, are incredible and way better than any recent DC movie. They're both awesome universes, they both have their ups and downs, but ultimately I like Marvel better.

• Like 1

Can I say how weird I think it is that very few people seem be basing their views on the original medium, comics. Me and my cronies grew up hitting the comic stores every Tuesday to clear our baskets and pay our tabs. Our conversations were always how far other mediums deviated from the comic story lines. Now, there are serious investments in movies and they're viable for actual entertainment value. I grew up with only Batman (Tim Burtons) worth a 2nd watch and everything (which was very, very little) Marvel was complete garbage. How times have changed. 

Both universe have their high points and low points, but I like DC better. Mainly because I love all of DC's B and C-tier characters and the sheer absurdity of how powerful the Flash family is. (They are the most broken characters in DC)

The main problem both universe have is the companies that run them. There has been too many stories in both universe that ended terribly because of executive meddling.

1 hour ago, Bullstomp said:

Especially Aquaman. Talking to fish. Who the hell thought that up?

I don't want to be that guy, but Aquaman is like the 3rd strongest character in the Justice League (behind Superman and Wonder Woman) and can casually defeat most DC characters by himself.  

Just now, soultaker655 said:

I don't want to be that guy, but Aquaman is like the 3rd strongest character in the Justice League (behind Superman and Wonder Woman) and can casually defeat most DC characters by himself.  

Who would have thought Aquaman would be the Star in this forum. :D For a Great movie about Aquaman see Justice League Throne of Atlantis. It is a good movie/origin story. 

Image result for justice league throne of atlantis

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bullstomp said:

Aquaman doesn't just have the ability to talk to fish. He has superhuman strength, the ability to swim at speeds of 3000 meters per second, call forth tidal waves and control immense bodies of water, and is impervious to most physical attacks, including gunfire. Not to mention he possesses Poseidon's indestructible trident, which transforms into a gladius. Aquaman also possesses inate sonar and increased hearing, can see in total darkness, and is capable of withstanding pressure levels strong enough to crush a submarine. He can transform himself into a sentient body of water capable of destroying entire civilizations. He also has a magical hand made out of water, given to him by the Lady of the Lake, which grants Aquaman numerous abilities, which includes the ability to dehydrate anyone he touches and kill them instantly, the ability to shoot jets of water from his hand, healing abilities, the ability to create portals into mystical dimensions, and the ability to communicate with the Lady of the Lake.

That said, I love both but I prefer Marvel.

Edited by Nishikino Maki

36 minutes ago, Nishikino Maki said:

Aquaman doesn't just have the ability to talk to fish. He has superhuman strength, the ability to swim at speeds of 3000 meters per second, call forth tidal waves and control immense bodies of water, and is impervious to most physical attacks, including gunfire. Not to mention he possesses Poseidon's indestructible trident, which transforms into a gladius. Aquaman also possesses inate sonar and increased hearing, can see in total darkness, and is capable of withstanding pressure levels strong enough to crush a submarine. He can transform himself into a sentient body of water capable of destroying entire civilizations. He also has a magical hand made out of water, given to him by the Lady of the Lake, which grants Aquaman numerous abilities, which includes the ability to dehydrate anyone he touches and kill them instantly, the ability to shoot jets of water from his hand, healing abilities, the ability to create portals into mystical dimensions, and the ability to communicate with the Lady of the Lake.

That said, I love both but I prefer Marvel.

Wait, doesn't the male Wonder twin have that power too? " Form of: A bucket of water!" Wtf lol

If Aquaman is the third strongest of the Justice League then it just proves how lame the team is . . .

Edited by Bullstomp

3 minutes ago, Bullstomp said:

Wait, doesn't the male Wonder twin have that power too? " Form of: A bucket of water!" Wtf lol

Yes he does :D As long as the Wonder twins touch(fist bump) they can transform/take form of anything. Like this for example 

Why they would transform into an octopus and a unicycle is beyond me. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bullstomp said:

If Aquaman is the third strongest of the Justice League then it just proves how lame the team is . . .

That's like saying because Captain America is one of the main Avengers that makes that team lame.

To say such a thing you would have to ignore just about everything about the character and downplay their whole universe.

In the grand scheme of things in the Marvel universe, the only reason Captain America is important is because almost every character respects him so much. Outside of that he is just a street level hero with a shield. Batman is the same way in the DC universe, if characters didn't respect him, batman would be near worthless.

• Like 1