TERA; Open-World, Free-to-Play MMO Coming to PS4

Open Beta 2 begins Friday, March 16 at 6 a.m. PDT, and will end Saturday, March 17 at 9 p.m. PDT. Open Beta 2 is available to participants from last weekend's test only. The game client is not available for new players to download at this time.

Level cap to 58! This means that not only will you have access to more areas and more dungeons, but if you achieve level 40 with any character, you will be able to access an additional class to play: the reaper!

Last weekend, you all unlocked three permanent masks by completing community challenges! These masks will be delivered to every player that logs in during the first two weeks of TERA's launch on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

All players that participate in Open Beta 2 will also receive an exclusive permanent Blue Angel Halo when the game launches. The Blue Angel Halo will also be delivered to all players who are logged in during the “Stress Test” events. We will distribute the Blue Angel Halo directly to the Item Claim of Open Beta 2 participants within the first two weeks following launch.

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/tera-s-second-open-beta-for-consoles?utm_campaign=tera-console-obt&utm_medium=email&utm_source=tera-console&utm_content=obt2

Thanks for the extra info! I, unfortunately, missed last weekend's beta because, you know, Monster Hunter. Hopefully, I can log on this time and play a few hours. Not sure if I'll play on this account first because of the time it will take to plat the game. Something I should consider if I play the beta today or tomorrow.

Would anyone be interested in forming a Discord group for this game?  I currently have a server channel ready but it'd be great to play this game with people instead of solo. 

Feel free to PM me if you want the link. 

Edited by DARKB1KE

5 hours ago, DARKB1KE said:

Would anyone be interested in forming a Discord group for this game?  I currently have a server channel ready but it'd be great to play this game with people instead of solo. 

Feel free to PM me if you want the link. 

That is a great idea, and everyone from PSNP should play on that server! Though have no idea what server would be named atm.

3 hours ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

even tho f2p it'll be filled with microtransaction short cuts I bet.

TERA is fine on PC. There are enchantment protections but most of the F2P stuff is either higher xp gain or cosmetics. This is nothing like the utter dog shit Neverwinter system.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Fing3rButt3r3 said:

And its not even the items but a discount towards the items...

It includes the items. They are at a discounted rate, but it's not like it's a coupon pack. The 150 pack includes $90(6 mos.) of membership and $100 worth of their in game currency. Along with a bunch of other stuff at questionable value. I think someone on reddit worked out a monetary value of about 400+ for the $150 pack, but that's if you care about things like cosmetics and such.

With the twitch prime early access out, every deal but the $30 no-elite pack is a bargain if you're going to play the game the full length of your stay. But I've put a couple thousand hours in PC version, so I might be biased.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, viech54 said:

Is the game still glitched?

I've seen the founder's packs on PSN, are they necessary for a smooth experience? Or can I farm everything in the game?

It is still glitched for some.

There will be a 2hr server maintenance. That may fix the issue as I just assume it may be some sync issue. Once everything reboots it may be ok if not they are aware of the issue.

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/week-one-known-issues

Players have reported crashing in a dungeon, logging back in dead in the open world and unable to resurrect. Worse yet, some have reported logging back into the dungeon dead, with no way to leave.

We’ve temporarily disabled Ghillieglade to address freezing and crashing issues.
It’s sometimes hard to access a basic resurrection in a dungeon (either in town, or from a healer or scroll), because the Neophyte Resurrection window covers up the UI. Closing the Neophyte window solves the problem, but we are working on a more permanent, and visible solution.
There are occasional echoing/audio feedback issues in dungeons and caves.
Some players are being auto-logged into servers on which they have no characters, causing more than a little confusion. (One of our writers has this happen almost every time, so you’re not alone!)
There are reports of PS4 trophies not unlocking, including:
Downed the Clown (Clear Labyrinth of Terror)
Ebon and Bone (Clear Ebon Tower)
Fear Is Not an Option (Clear Kelsaik's Nest)
Pain in the Temple (Clear Balder's Temple)
A Poke in the Eye (Clear Argon Corpus)
Plant One on Me (Clear Sabex Armory)
Brought to Justice (Clear Macellarius Catacombs)
Level 60 (Reach level 60)
Level 65 (Reach level 65)
High level enchants sometimes don’t display success/fail messages, and the UI sometimes does not complete enchanting the item.
The Velika crafting tables do not currently allow crafting. (Crafting can be performed elsewhere through the main UI.)
The Elite Consumables Box and the 1hr Elite Gold Hunter Boost are currently sharing a 10 minute cooldown, instead of having separate timers.
The minimap can freeze, and will not display motion or update quest progress until the console restarts.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY
Server Maintenance is April 17th 6AM PDT