PS4 games are coming to PS Now in 2017

ratchetdude231

As many of you know, PlayStation Now lets you stream hundreds of PS3 games — currently 483 to be exact — to your PS4 and Windows PC.

We’re excited to announce that PS Now’s catalog is set to grow even further, as we’ll be expanding to include a new platform: PlayStation 4 games. All of the games in the service, including PS4 games, will be included with a single PS Now subscription. We’ll share more information as we get closer to launch, so stay tuned.

In the next few weeks we’ll kick off a private test with PS4 games on PS Now. If you’re an active PS Now subscriber, keep an eye on your email in case you get an invitation

Source

As someone who wasn't quite sure about renewing my PS Now subscription or not depending on what PS4 games are available on this service this might sway me to keep my subscription. This is really surprising considering this service is available on PC which pretty much means PC users will be able to play PS4 games through PS Now.

Edited by ratchetdude231

As someone who frequently plays pc and is a part of the community on reddit, PSnow is not very liked by pc players. The games are locked at 720p 30fps so even with this awesome news, it won't change anything for us. On the other side, it's great that more games are being added but the latency still makes it hard to play some/most games even with ethernet

(Sorry for the rant)

And that is the reason why you need competition between Sony and Microsoft. Without a doubt Microsoft forced Sony to take another look at their service. 

I'm not a fan of these kind of services (I have a thing for physical boxes). But it's good to see they are (now) willing to improve their services. Although I think the price is the main issue, €17,- is way too much (especially at the moment).

2 minutes ago, AshesToSnow said:

And that is the reason why you need competition between Sony and Microsoft. Without a doubt Microsoft forced Sony to take another look at their service. 

I'm not a fan of these kind of services (I have a thing for physical boxes). But it's good to see they are (now) willing to improve their services. Although I think the price is the main issue, €17,- is way too much (especially at the moment).

I imagine Xbox game pass having 360 and Xbox one games is what forced Sony's hand on this. I still think the service is expensive, but at least they still are adding PS4 games.

• Like 1

I can't wait to see which suckers are cutting their own throats by offering their PS4 titles on Now. Willing to bet money it's not the big budget bloat games, but is more likely the Steam ports. I live in a third world county (yes county) with an unreliable internet connection so I won't be buying into Now any time soon. As a Vue subscriber, my wife is already upset with the reliability of that service and she won't allow more money going to a Sony streaming service unless they really improve the stuff we are already paying for.

At least people are seeing Sony trying to make an effort with their service and hopefully someone finds some value in the new offering. 

To me, this seems like a response to the Xbox Games Pass, although it's a far less attractive offer. I mean why would people want to stream PS4 games to their PS4? That just doesn't add up to me. Sure, you don't have to outright buy the game or download it, but you're still getting an inferior experience. Input delay, lower resolution, connection drops, etc. This would have been more interesting to me if they gave you the option of whether you wanted to stream or download the game you're renting. I get how that wouldn't be possible on PC, but I don't see why they couldn't have done it on PS4.

But yeah, I don't see this making people who were uninterested in PS Now suddenly give a crap, but maybe I'm wrong.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

To me, this seems like a response to the Xbox Games Pass, although it's a far less attractive offer. I mean why would people want to stream PS4 games to their PS4? That just doesn't add up to me. Sure, you don't have to outright buy the game or download it, but you're still getting an inferior experience. Input delay, lower resolution, connection drops, etc. This would have been more interesting to me if they gave you the option of whether you wanted to stream or download the game you're renting. I get how that wouldn't be possible on PC, but I don't see why they couldn't have done it on PS4.

But yeah, I don't see this making people who were uninterested in PS Now suddenly give a crap, but maybe I'm wrong.

I think this is just Sony responding to Xbox game pass and I also think this is their way of future proofing PS Now. I imagine the addition of PS4 games to PS now is going to make a lot more sense once Sony releases the PS5 in 3 or 4 years time. I also imagine most of the PS4 games that will come to PS now will be games they released during the first half of the generation. Can't wait to play smash hits like Knack and the Order 1886 on PS now lol.

22 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

To me, this seems like a response to the Xbox Games Pass, although it's a far less attractive offer

I think I remember reading that they had plans of bringing PS4 games to it since its inception. When I had it during the beta phase I think they sent an email with something like that in it. I could be misremembering though.

On another note, we might be getting more quality games for PS4 in the IGC. A good number of the PS3 IGC games are part of the PS Now library.

Edited by kuuhaku

Xbox Games Pass is still the clear winner.

But, it depends entirely on the quality of the games offered. I'll be happy just with stuff like Mad Max. And the whole "bandwidth/buffer" shit means little to my internet connection. But, obviously other people still have shit speeds and/or even worse, capped bandwidth. Which I find absolutely bizarre in 2017, honestly.

Edited by Valyrious

• 3 months later...

Sony just announced the PS4-games which will be part of PS Now from today on.

The US-list:

Spoiler

Arcania Complete Tale
Broken Age
Castlestorm Definitive Edition
Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition
Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition
Evolve
Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky
F1 2015
God of War 3 Remastered
Grim Fandango Remastered
Guilty Gear Xrd Sign
Helldivers
Killzone Shadow Fall
MX vs ATV Supercross Encore
Nidhogg
Resogun
Saints Row IV: Re-Elected
Super Mega Baseball
Tropico 5
WWE 2K16

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/06/ps4-games-added-to-ps-now-library-hits-500/

The EU-list:

Spoiler

Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers
Alienation
Back To Bed
Battle Worlds Kronos
Blood Bowl 2
Broken Age
Castlestorm Definitive Edition
Counterspy
Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition
Day Of The Tentacle Remastered
Dead Nation Apocalypse
Dungeons II
Escape Plan
Everybody’s gone to the Rapture
Evolve
Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky
F1 2015
Farming Simulator 15
Fluster Cluck
God of War III: Remastered
Grand Ages: Medieval
Grim Fandango Remastered
Hardware: Rivals
Heavy Rain
Helldivers
Kickbeat Special Edition
Killzone Shadow Fall
Legend Of Kay Anniversary
MX vs ATV Supercross Encore
Nidhogg
Olliolli
Pure Chess
Pure Hold’em World Poker Championship
Pure Pool
Q*bert: Rebooted
Resogun
Saint’s Row IV Re-Elected
Shadow of the Beast
Sherlock Holmes: Crimes And Punishments
Stick It To The Man
Super Mega Baseball
Super Stardust Ultra
Tearaway Unfolded
The Last Tinker: City of Colors
This War Of Mine: The Little Ones
Tour De France 2016
Tropico 5
Ultra Street Fighter IV
Velocibox
Whispering Willows
WWE 2K16

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/07/06/51-ps4-games-join-the-playstation-now-line-up-today

On 3/14/2017 at 5:00 AM, Undead Wolf said:

LOL, why would you stream if you had the option to download? :D

9 minutes ago, Terra said:

What an odd mix of titles for NA. Nothing that really peaks my interest though since I own the titles that I am even interested in. 

The list for the US-region may be odd, but at least you can give the games a try. For EU it still looks like this:

*This service is currently available in the UK, the Netherlands and Belgium.

they're doing this to appeal to the PC players and also to rise the bar with MS's Xbox pass, sure you can't play these PS exclusives on your PC where you can mod them and run them on a higher framrate and resolution like how the play anywhere is doing with XBONE exclusives on PC, but that is pretty much the reason.... i think.

i still believe that the Xbox Pass is still winning at this, i mean who the hell need to stream their games live where some slow down or a lag will gonna do some delay on the controls and people with a bad connection are screwed by this where you can just download the games on your HDD and play them as much as you like as long as you're still subscribing to the service.

as for me i don't give a flying **** about these Pass, Now or GO or whatever BS! just leave me alone playing my games the way i wanted to, still mad that i need a freaking PS+ to plat some of the games i had due to the online trophies. 

I thought God of War 3 Remastered was already on PSNow? I have the service and swear I saw it.... 

Oh well I haven't started the first 1 yet so it works out anyway. 

12 minutes ago, yellowwindow7 said:

who the hell need to stream their games live where some slow down or a lag will gonna do some delay on the controls and people with a bad connection. 

Ya it's dependent on the connection. I don't have anything fancy(5mbps up, 30mbps down), and I am currently playing Dark Souls 2(which is awesome btw), and not getting any lag unless a game is downloading, or the like on a system or computer. 

I definitely recommend the service when it drops to $100 a year. (I guess they had that price during December, I never saw it though. They should have marketed more. That's less than $9 a month) I'm playing games I never would have dropped money on, and found a lot of gems, like dark souls 2 lol

Edit: Angel posted it's going to be $100 till September (take advantage people!) 

Edited by Dav9834
  • Like 1

I personally don't really mind it that much.. I mean there are some titles I don't own which is good. Any reason why the UK list is a lot bigger than the US one though? lol. Also I'm not sure if anyone else has had issues. You can't go online when playing PS Plus. Aren't there some features in like Guilty Gear for example that give you the option to play online. Same with Pure Chess/Pool. It's like you're getting half-assed.

I just noticed this. Great news! I see there are some good ps4 titles up already. I wanted to pick up exist archive in the big in Japan sale, guess I'll just resubscribe to ps now.