Two Truths and a Lie

Zanreo

7 minutes ago, RabbiAndy said:

For me:

1. I have no middle name.

2. I'm claustrophobic.

3. Guinness is my favorite beer.

I'm going to say 2, mainly because I really want 1 to be true so you can tell us why you don't have a middle name lol

2 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

I got one wrong but according to the rules can still have a turn

Actually that's only if the two other guesses are wrong, so it would technically be my turn, but I took such a long time to post so I'll let you have this one x3 (If the right guesser takes too long to reply - let's say over a day - someone else can take over)

Anyway... 3? jeez, this got dark quickly :/

Edited by Zanreo

Yes you're %100 correct on that, Never witnessed a murder apart from documentaries and I'm thankful for it. Earthquake in Australia and Japan, Coma = yes, Doesn't have to stay dark, just trying to make it difficult but you got it in one go!

2 hours ago, Zanreo said:

Ok, for me:

1. I've been to GDC

2. I've tried the PC-FX

3. I've cosplayed as 2 of my own comic characters

42 minutes ago, Zanreo said:

Nope, I tried it at a game exhibition (game: Chip Chan Kick) with lots of different games and consoles

Going with #3 since you went through the trouble of making a Lakitu costume, you're probably more into doing well-known stuff than things you've created from scratch yourself and won't get recognised.

Fun game by the way.

Edited by BillyHorrible

3 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Going with #3 since you went through the trouble of making a Lakitu costume, you're probably more into doing well-known stuff than things you've created from scratch yourself and won't get recognised.

It's 3, yeah, though I have actually done just ONE costume of my own character (Nintendo). Considering Namco later though, but so far I've only gotten around to one original character.

(Also, how "well-known" the series/character and if I get recognized doesn't matter to me - I've cosplayed both obscure and popular stuff, only thing that matters is I love the character and/or design x3)

3 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Fun game by the way.

Yeah, thanks x3

Edited by Zanreo
  • Like 1

Going to make mine costume related as well... Going to make them filled with details, so good luck, hope it's not too easy!

1. I had my first official LARP event several years ago, I was asked by a family member who was part of the organisation. I decided to go all-out, creating a character named "Brik" who was a half-orc barbarian. Probably his most famous quote from that event is "Brik only pawn in game of life".
  2. At a previous job which had a yearly ski/snowboard trip, I heavily lobbied to get a "superheroes" theme for the trip's themed party. I then came dressed as Dr. Horrible. On the last day, I went off the slopes in costume as well.
  3. While studying mathematics at the university, the student association would organise an introduction camp for new members, where the mentor groups would play against each other divided into different colours. I was chosen to lead one of the colors the year that they had a Scottish theme, and I made sure to get blue so I could go as William Wallace. And yes, I wore the face paint.

20 minutes ago, Zanreo said:

Maybe... 2? Some great stories, by the way!

... Nope, that one is completely true. And thanks :)

Spoiler

I did get actual white boots and beige pants for the party, by the way, though ski boots were required for the snowbike. Can't be seen on this picture but that coat is an actual hospital coat that opens up the right way, only unfortunate thing was that nobody in the whole country had one available with long sleeves.

zOrhlGp.jpg

1 hour ago, BillyHorrible said:

Going to make mine costume related as well... Going to make them filled with details, so good luck, hope it's not too easy!

1. I had my first official LARP event several years ago, I was asked by a family member who was part of the organisation. I decided to go all-out, creating a character named "Brik" who was a half-orc barbarian. Probably his most famous quote from that event is "Brik only pawn in game of life".
  2. At a previous job which had a yearly ski/snowboard trip, I heavily lobbied to get a "superheroes" theme for the trip's themed party. I then came dressed as Dr. Horrible. On the last day, I went off the slopes in costume as well.
  3. While studying mathematics at the university, the student association would organise an introduction camp for new members, where the mentor groups would play against each other divided into different colours. I was chosen to lead one of the colors the year that they had a Scottish theme, and I made sure to get blue so I could go as William Wallace. And yes, I wore the face paint.

I'm just going to take a guess and say #3 is the lie.

Edited by - Cammy -

2 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

1 hour ago, Zanreo said:

Maybe... 2? Some great stories, by the way!

42 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

... Nope, that one is completely true. And thanks :)

Reveal hidden contents

I did get actual white boots and beige pants for the party, by the way, though ski boots were required for the snowbike. Can't be seen on this picture but that coat is an actual hospital coat that opens up the right way, only unfortunate thing was that nobody in the whole country had one available with long sleeves.

zOrhlGp.jpg

18 minutes ago, - Cammy - said:

I'm just going to take a guess and say #3 is the lie.

Nope, #3 is true! I have a picture for that one as well though it'll have to wait until at least tonight before I can find it.

So that means #1 is the lie... My first LARP was less than a year ago (to this day my only offical LARP), it was not a family member but a colleague and he didn't ask me but I volunteered (having a LARP experience was on my bucket list). I was an NPC, I played a jester who was part of a travelling circus (a bad jester and a bad circus, it was mainly a front for... less than legal activities):

Spoiler

RbZFD8I.jpg

Brik is my second D&D character (after the first one was retired because part of the real life group fell apart), by now moved into a Pathfinder campaign where he is still going strong (but yeah, "Brik only pawn in game of life" is actually one of his quotes, I've made him a dumdum with the occasional philosophical outburst - bonus points for whoever gets that reference).

So both true answers chosen and not the lie, that means I win, right @Zanreo? xD

I've seen people who've not had the lie chosen just wait and see whoever posts next, but I could also nominate someone to get more people into the game... Like @xFalionx who lurks the forums often enough!

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

So both true answers chosen and not the lie, that means I win, right @Zanreo? xD

I've seen people who've not had the lie chosen just wait and see whoever posts next, but I could also nominate someone to get more people into the game... Like @xFalionx who lurks the forums often enough!

Who dares to summon me to a thread I've never visited before? Oh, it's you again Billy. :D 

I guess I can go next but my life is pretty boring, so my choices will be as well. Let's see if someone finds the lie.

1. I have never left the country I was born in, not even on vacation.
  2. My gaming mouse is my most expensive PC peripheral (screens and PC itself not included), costing me 80€.
  3. I have three physical copies of games lying around which I don't intend on playing at any point in the future.
Edited by xFalionx
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

Who dares to summon me to a thread I've never visited before? Oh, it's you again Billy. :D 

I guess I can go next but my life is pretty boring, so my choices will be as well. Let's see if someone finds the lie.

1. I have never left the country I was born in, not even on vacation.
  2. My gaming mouse is my most expensive PC peripheral (screens and PC itself not included), costing me 80€.
  3. I have three physical copies of games lying around which I don't intend on playing at any point in the future.

I'm going to say #1 because I desperately want it to be a lie, I love going abroad and was planning on making my next list of three holiday destination themed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I'm going to say #1 because I desperately want it to be a lie, I love going abroad and was planning on making my next list of three holiday destination themed.

Sadly, that one's true. I was never able to leave Germany despite hating the country. It's mostly because my family was never able to afford a vacation and I don't have a job yet because I want to focus on my education first. Anyways, now there's a 50/50 chance on getting the last one but I'll be unable to answer for an hour or so.

3 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

Sadly, that one's true. I was never able to leave Germany despite hating the country. It's mostly because my family was never able to afford a vacation and I don't have a job yet because I want to focus on my education first. Anyways, now there's a 50/50 chance on getting the last one but I'll be unable to answer for an hour or so.

Well my first guess was wrong so I won't make a second guess.

Also: :(

Even when times are rough on my wallet, I need to go abroad at least two or three times a year or I get depressed. I've gone to very cheap hotels on midnight flights a few times to save some money and be able to go for a day longer.

Then again, you're young and still living with your parents. It will be better once you have a job and can find a place of your own.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Even when times are rough on my wallet, I need to go abroad at least two or three times a year or I get depressed. I've gone to very cheap hotels on midnight flights a few times to save some money and be able to go for a day longer.

Then again, you're young and still living with your parents. It will be better once you have a job and can find a place of your own.

Honestly, I think the main reason why I'm fine in that regard is that I have my games. The Assassins Creed games for example let me explore old representations of other countries, and many other games have their own worlds to explore. In that regard, playing a game with a large open world to explore is like taking a vacation for me. It's probably one of the reasons I love playing RPGs so much, they often have large worlds to get lost in. :) 

Yeah, I'll manage until then.

Anyways, if someone else wants to take a guess, I'll be gone for another hour or two, after that I figure that I'll have time to confirm or deny any possible answers. Also, I've taken a liking to this game, I may check back on this every now and again. ^_^