Two Truths and a Lie

Zanreo

3 minutes ago, - Cammy - said:

I'll say #1 is the lie. #3 seems more likely to be the lie but maybe that is the trick.

You got me there. :D 

Yep, #1's the lie. While I do love Danganronpa and have the actual physical game, my favorite Vita game is Gravity Rush which I've only got as a digital download. Didn't even get the DLC because those DLC packs were more expansive than the game itself when I bought it. :P 

I did read the entirety of Homestuck with more words than the average bible. I don't regret a thing though, that webcomic is incredible. ^_^ 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

You got me there. :D 

Yep, #1's the lie. While I do love Danganronpa and have the actual physical game, my favorite Vita game is Gravity Rush which I've only got as a digital download. Didn't even get the DLC because those DLC packs were more expansive than the game itself when I bought it. :P 

I did read the entirety of Homestuck with more words than the average bible. I don't regret a thing though, that webcomic is incredible. ^_^ 

I flipping knew it lol!

Here are my three:

1. Despite having hundreds of games, I currently own only roughly 15 of them physically, the rest are digitally.

2. I have a small machine in my room that dispenses candy without me even needing to touch it.

3. If I can have any superpower, it would be the ability to turn invisible.  

1 is something true for many people these days. Even I prefer physical but I have much more digital, it's because you have digital for as long as you have the console/account but you can get rid of physical once you've played it unless you're a collector (on PS4, I've only kept on to the Assassin's Creed games,and LEGO Dimensions for now).

2 seems weird, does it have wifi connection? I think the not needing to touch it is too weird to make up, unless you saw it somewhere else.

So I guess I'm going with 3 being the lie, I'd say you'd probably go with flight.

2 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

1 is something true for many people these days. Even I prefer physical but I have much more digital, it's because you have digital for as long as you have the console/account but you can get rid of physical once you've played it unless you're a collector (on PS4, I've only kept on to the Assassin's Creed games,and LEGO Dimensions for now).

2 seems weird, does it have wifi connection? I think the not needing to touch it is too weird to make up, unless you saw it somewhere else.

So I guess I'm going with 3 being the lie, I'd say you'd probably go with flight.

Yep, #3 was the lie. I actually would want to have super speed.

Both #1 and #2 are true. #1 is true for the reason you pointed out and as for #2; I actually have a machine that dispenses candy. It doesn't have a wifi connection, instead it has a sensor in the area where you place your hands or something else to tell it when to dispense the candy so the candy just falls in your hands. Besides having to fill up the machine once and a while and occasionally change the batteries it's pretty cool. You would only need to touch the machine when you want to change the portion of candy you want it to give you (a handful, 2 handfuls ETC.).

You're up @BillyHorrible! Nice job on finding the lie!

• Like 1

Cool stuff! Okay, I'm on my phone now so I won't do a holiday one. I'll do a comic book one, and I know fully well that I've said elsewhere on this site that I read both Marvel and DC so I won't try to fool you with that one.

1. From DC, I mostly have Batman stuff. The only non-Batman DC books I have are Green Arrow: Year One, All-Star Superman and Watchmen.
  2. From Marvel, I only have X-Men and Avengers stuff. My biggest shame is that I don't have the Joss Whedon run of Astonishing X-Men. Having Mark Millar's Ultimate Avengers makes up for it a bit.
  3. From Dark Horse, I only have Star Wars stuff from when they ran it. I know it's not canon any more but I don't care. I'll buy Star Wars stuff from the new Marvel run once the dust settles and I know what is acrually good and keeps on going.
Edited by BillyHorrible

On 2/4/2017 at 4:04 PM, BillyHorrible said:

Cool stuff! Okay, I'm on my phone now so I won't do a holiday one. I'll do a comic book one, and I know fully well that I've said elsewhere on this site that I read both Marvel and DC so I won't try to fool you with that one.

1. From DC, I mostly have Batman stuff. The only non-Batman DC books I have are Green Arrow: Year One, All-Star Superman and Watchmen.
  2. From Marvel, I only have X-Men and Avengers stuff. My biggest shame is that I don't have the Joss Whedon run of Astonishing X-Men. Having Mark Millar's Ultimate Avengers makes up for it a bit.
  3. From Dark Horse, I only have Star Wars stuff from when they ran it. I know it's not canon any more but I don't care. I'll buy Star Wars stuff from the new Marvel run once the dust settles and I know what is acrually good and keeps on going.

Let's see... Scanning through your profile I've found 8 star wars-related games, 6 batman-related games, but only 2 marvelsuperheroes-related games... Now my knowledge of this is so little that I will just go and say that #2 is a lie, simply because your stock on marvel-related games is lower than the rest...

So? :giggle:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gray-Fox-44 said:

Let's see... Scanning through your profile I've found 8 star wars-related games, 6 batman-related games, but only 2 marvelsuperheroes-related games... Now my knowledge of this is so little that I will just go and say that #2 is a lie, simply because your stock on marvel-related games is lower than the rest...

So? :giggle:

Oh yeah, I forgot about this thread... Wanted to post a reminder yesterday but I was distracted by a different thread.

Shoot, I did two lies! Woops... Anyway you found one of them! You're right for the wrong reasons though...

2 was a lie - I have nothing from Avengers (I ordered Ultimate Avengers but it ended up being cancelled by the delivery service), I do have Astonishing X-Men and I have a shitload of Deadpool albums.

I also have a lot of the new Marvel run of Star Wars, making 3 a lie as well. I got rid of the Dark Horse books a while before it became non-canon, I embraced the new canon and the only non-canon stuff I've kept are the Jedi Academy trilogy, the Timothy Zahn Thrawn trilogy and a bunch of collected works (Tales From The Empire, Tales From Jabba's Palace, Tales From The Mos Eisley Cantina).

Anyways sorry for the double lie, but yeah @Gray-Fox-44 you found one of them so you're up!

11 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Anyways sorry for the double lie, but yeah @Gray-Fox-44 you found one of them so you're up!

Nice B)

So here's something about me...

1. I love FF games and I've spent some time crafting a couple of Final Fantasy sculptures as they are rare to find and I'm not whealthy as a collectionist usually is ?

2. I'm a completionist so even though I've played more than 150 ps3/ps4 games I only keep in my profile the ones that I like :giggle: 

3. I've learnt English through games and dictionaries and nowadays I work as a teacher of English for a living ?

Place your bets!

3 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Beat you to it? I waited half a week to give others a chance to reply first!

I completely forgot about this and I probably overlooked the notification before because of all of the notification spam that was going on. ^_^ 

13 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

No clue... Going to say #1 is the lie because I believe that one the least.

13 hours ago, xFalionx said:

Oh right, this place existed.

I'd have gone with #1 but since Billy beat me to it I'll take #3.

Hello there! Let's see how you did it... :hmm: Not that well, actually :giggle: Both #1 and #3 are true, while the lie is in #2.
If I'm not getting it wrong, the idea of the thread is to explain our statements so here I go...

1. I love FF games and I've spent some time crafting a couple of Final Fantasy sculptures as they are rare to find and I'm not whealthy as a collectionist usually is 1f605.png
This is true. I have a few legit FF sculptures from FFVII and FFVIII, and every now and then I check online whether a figure I don't have is out there. So once I saw the one that is in my profile picture and its price was ridiculous... Something about U$S 10.000 :jaymon: So I thought, well, I'll never be able to buy that one. Thus, I decided to give crafting a chance and bought cold porcelain and did it myself! My first sculpture was FFVII Cloud vs Sephiroth, my second was a FFVII Diablos' bust (copied from Zell & Irvine & Diablos sculpture) and my third one was not about FF but Pokemon, a mew & mewtwo diorama that I designed myself :P

I'll leave the links to my step-by-step sculptures making in case you want to check them out ;) 

http://www.taringa.net/posts/arte/18287553/Hice-una-escultura-de-Final-Fantasy-VII-y-te-la-muestro.html

http://www.taringa.net/posts/arte/18290695/Hice-una-escultura-de-Diablos---Final-Fantasy-VIII.html

http://www.taringa.net/posts/arte/18303911/Hice-una-escultura-de-Pokemon-y-te-lo-muestro.html

This posts are in Spanish, my mother tonge, which leads us to my 2nd truth... :)

3. I've learnt English through games and dictionaries and nowadays I work as a teacher of English for a living 1f393.png

I spent a fairly big amount of hours playing videogames when I was a child, and I cared not only about gameplays but also about the games' stories. In my country most games arrived in English, so I needed to do something about that. My one tool was an English-Spanish dictionary, which provided me a huge list of vocabulary. Though, my grammar skills sucked :awesome: As time went by, I started watching movies and listening to song and little by little I improved my language. I've never taken private English lessons, but I did a lot of research back at that time. Finally, a couple years ago, I started attending a Teacher Training Course to learn how to teach English language, and nowadays I teach in primary and secondary schools B) While I'm not the best, I've improved a lot since my childhood self-teaching ;)

Now the lie...

2. I'm a completionist so even though I've played more than 150 ps3/ps4 games I only keep in my profile the ones that I like :giggle: 

I've played 58 games with this profile so far, and about 10 or 15 more games on another account. The thing is that if I don't like the game, I don't play it. So actually I didn't even play those extra 10 or 15 games, I've just tested them and didn't like 'em ;) In the end, I DO consider myself to be a completionist but I HAVEN'T played more than 150 ps3/ps4 games, only the ones on my profile. Fun fact: Most of my profile's games aren't even mine xD

That's it folks! I'm sorry that none of you won :P Now... Who's next?? :)

Edited by Gray-Fox-44

9 hours ago, Gray-Fox-44 said:

This is true. I have a few legit FF sculptures from FFVII and FFVIII, and every now and then I check online whether a figure I don't have is out there. So once I saw the one that is in my profile picture and its price was ridiculous... Something about U$S 10.000 :jaymon: So I thought, well, I'll never be able to buy that one. Thus, I decided to give crafting a chance and bought cold porcelain and did it myself! My first sculpture was FFVII Cloud vs Sephiroth, my second was a FFVII Diablos' bust (copied from Zell & Irvine & Diablos sculpture) and my third one was not about FF but Pokemon, a mew & mewtwo diorama that I designed myself :P

I'll leave the links to my step-by-step sculptures making in case you want to check them out ;) 

http://www.taringa.net/posts/arte/18287553/Hice-una-escultura-de-Final-Fantasy-VII-y-te-la-muestro.html

http://www.taringa.net/posts/arte/18290695/Hice-una-escultura-de-Diablos---Final-Fantasy-VIII.html

http://www.taringa.net/posts/arte/18303911/Hice-una-escultura-de-Pokemon-y-te-lo-muestro.html

Very nice! I do a bit of drawing/painting myself but I can't really build stuff unless it's with LEGO bricks.

@Zanreo it's been a while since you went, wanna have the next go?

12 hours ago, Gray-Fox-44 said:

This posts are in Spanish, my mother tonge, which leads us to my 2nd truth... :)

Man, that's really impressive. If I were to try that Sephiroth would probably end up looking like a one winged duck instead of an angel. :D 

The only thing I've built recently was a cardboard house thing for my cats.

12 hours ago, Gray-Fox-44 said:

3. I've learnt English through games and dictionaries and nowadays I work as a teacher of English for a living 1f393.png

I spent a fairly big amount of hours playing videogames when I was a child, and I cared not only about gameplays but also about the games' stories. In my country most games arrived in English, so I needed to do something about that. My one tool was an English-Spanish dictionary, which provided me a huge list of vocabulary. Though, my grammar skills sucked :awesome: As time went by, I started watching movies and listening to song and little by little I improved my language. I've never taken private English lessons, but I did a lot of research back at that time. Finally, a couple years ago, I started attending a Teacher Training Course to learn how to teach English language, and nowadays I teach in primary and secondary schools B) While I'm not the best, I've improved a lot since my childhood self-teaching ;)

Yeah, I was referring to the latter part being a lie, it's rare to see someone actually being a teacher. Pretty much 90% of my knowledge of the English language came from just generally using the language. I was always playing games that were only available in English, and I liked watching shows and playing other games before they were out in Germany. I was always bored in English classes because they were behind in terms of grammar and vocabulary. We only just started actually speaking English in class in a specialized course in the last few years of school. It's pretty stupid actually. The funny thing is, despite possessing a great deal of knowledge about the English language, I still never received stellar grades. I always failed vocabulary tests because I usually knew 4-5 ways to translate each word on the list given different contexts, and I was bad at memorizing which one exactly they wanted to see. I also never cared about most of the themes that were the focus of the curriculum.

Later I started consuming all media in English which is now several years ago. Now I feel pretty confident that my English skills are actually better than my German skills, by quite a large margin at that. By now I'm mostly avoiding anything German because I just generally dislike the language. Turns out that the copy of Deus Ex: Human Revolution only features the languages French, Italian, Spanish, and German but not English. I might end up playing the game in Spanish as I already know they've managed to fuck up the German dub like they always do, and I'm learning that language right now anyways. :D 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, xFalionx said:

it's rare to see someone actually being a teacher

And just last week I told you I've been a mathematics teacher...

Anyways to prevent the thread from being quiet for another week, here's a new one from me. New travel theme: Canarian Islands, East to West.

1. I've been to Gran Canaria with an ex (who was obviously not my ex when we went on the holiday). It was the second holiday with her and we broke up soon afterwards because this holiday showed us how incompatible we were... I wanted to go to the avian park, to the water park, to rent a car and drive across the island, to walk to the Roque Nublo... She wanted to sit at the beach for a whole week. We went in May, 2007... And two months later, the island would be devastated after a bunch of huge forest fires because of the hot and dry summer that year.
  2. I've been to Tenerife with my wife. It was the first time we went on a holiday for more than a week since our very first holiday. We went last year, September 2016, which wasn't our original plan but my wife couldn't get off of work during the high season, they wouldn't allow her to go away because she didn't have kids (even though she studies part-time and this meant that now, we couldn't get out of the country for too long). We enjoyed the trip a lot and other than getting a car with almost broken breaklines (twice), nothing bad happened... Though thanks to my other two experiences with the Canary Islands as specified in the other stories, I keep expecting to hear about something happening there.
  3. I've been to La Palma with an ex (not the same as from #1). It was our first holiday together, which we booked only two weeks in advance after having dated for about a month. Both of us had skipped summer holiday because of other commitments and we both felt like going abroad. We figured even in November, two weeks of the Canary Islands should still have enough sun so we went to La Palma, late November 2005... And towards the end of our trip, we got stuck in one of the worst tropical storms the island had seen in recent memory. It's still some of the most beautiful as well as frightening stuff I've ever seen.

Yeah, 3 is the lie, I only have a younger brother

Got 2 free games out of the game review job too :3 (Pokepark 2 and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity) Otherwise it was mostly reviewing games I had bought myself (and would have bought anyway)

Edited by Zanreo

I get a legitimate turn this time, tricky tricky tricky

1. As a child I used to buy used demo games from stores for a fraction of the retail price.

2. I recently found out at a funeral that there has been a slight case of inbreeding in my family gene.

3. I once won a Jet ski in a contest and it was stolen before I received it,

3 Is actually true, it was a contest promoted by and Australian snack called twisties. The Jetski was stolen and the Rayban glasses that went with it. I was never honored a new Jetski or glasses and I didn't argue the case after. All I got was a twisties towel and a cd player.