Two Truths and a Lie

Zanreo

11 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

I'll guess 3 then.

You're right, that's the lie. The last anime I've watched dubbed was surprisingly Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann which I rewatched subbed last year.

The others both are true, my favorite anime are both TTGL and Shinsekai Yori, and I'm following the manga of both One Piece and Attack on Titan.

15 hours ago, Zanreo said:

Sure, I don't think I'm gonna make another thread myself, but if you or someone else wants to start one go ahead, it's not like the idea is owned by me haha x3

oh ok, because you were the first i'll asked you, because even while it isn't owned by you. you are the one deserving the credit for it. but i'll give it a go then.

@BillyHorrible it's your turn

1 hour ago, xFalionx said:

You're right, that's the lie. The last anime I've watched dubbed was surprisingly Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann which I rewatched subbed last year.

Yeah it felt a bit sketchy to me ;)

4 minutes ago, yiazmat50112254 said:

@BillyHorrible it's your turn

I know, making it as we speak :) I saw xFalionx quoting me, but I have things like work and lunch as well ;)

9 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I know, making it as we speak :) I saw xFalionx quoting me, but I have things like work and lunch as well ;)

np. take your time :)

On 30-3-2017 at 10:56 AM, BillyHorrible said:

Nice idea, drop a link here if you make it so we can easily find that one.

15 hours ago, Zanreo said:

Sure, I don't think I'm gonna make another thread myself, but if you or someone else wants to start one go ahead, it's not like the idea is owned by me haha x3

15 minutes ago, yiazmat50112254 said:

oh ok, because you were the first i'll asked you, because even while it isn't owned by you. you are the one deserving the credit for it. but i'll give it a go then.

i have made it. also put a link to it. if you like you can also add a link to your topic

Edited by yiazmat50112254

Okay, so my new travel stories, this time themed "Islands In The Mediterranian Sea"... Spot the lie!

East to west...

1. I've been to Lesbos as a child, it was the first airplane vacation I went on with my parents. The only thing I still clearly remember is the weird rocks we saw while on a hike, which my parents explained were actually petrified trees (https://goo.gl/maps/HWNvKNjbzru). Fun fact: I also remember it being very hot, and if I am to believe my parents I fainted because of dehydration on our first hike because they forgot to bring enough water with them.
  2. I've been to Malta, it was the first vacation I had all by myself. I went to the nearby island Gozo and I walked to the Azure Window (https://goo.gl/maps/q71hE9raow62). Fun fact: The wedding of Daenerys Targaryen from the first season of Game Of Thrones had been filmed there and S1 had been released the year I went to Malta, though I wouldn't hear of GoT until years later.
  3. I've been to Mallorca, it was the first vacation I went on with my wife. It was the first time we ever sat on a quad - we rented two of them, rode from El Arenal to the top of the nearest mountain (https://goo.gl/maps/hBTMuL8FY7s). Fun fact: thanks to a bump in the road on the way down, I lost control of my quad and me and my quad went over the edge. Luckily, a tree stopped me in my tracks right away or I would have been off much worse. We still rented a quad another time that holiday, and we drove along the coastline (avoiding roads right next to cliffs).

17 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

Now this one is difficult. I'm personally gonna go with 2 because that one's the least descriptive, other than that I can really only guess.

Nope, I went there :)

Proof:

Spoiler

ANirUtp.jpg

I've already thought of a nice one for my next turn about the Canarian Islands, by the way :D (yeah, I went to two of them B))

Edited by BillyHorrible

20 minutes ago, yiazmat50112254 said:

nice stories.

i'll gonna guess number 3.

Thanks!

... Nope, it's truth as well, all of it!

Proof:

Spoiler

9ZH3Ige.jpg

f7xlz9m.jpg

This picture was taken on top of the mountain I talked about

So then, the lie...

1 hour ago, BillyHorrible said:

I've been to Lesbos as a child, it was the first airplane vacation I went on with my parents. The only thing I still clearly remember is the weird rocks we saw while on a hike, which my parents explained were actually petrified trees (https://goo.gl/maps/HWNvKNjbzru). Fun fact: I also remember it being very hot, and if I am to believe my parents I fainted because of dehydration on our first hike because they forgot to bring enough water with them.

I've never been to Lesbos, though after doing the research for this topic I would definitely go to the petrified forest. I've been in Greece only twice - once in Athens on my own (the year after Malta), once on Kos - though my parents were there as well, I didn't go with them but with my wife and we were on separate ends of the island. Protection against the sun and heat was one of the first things I've learned from my parents during summer holidays, they always made sure we drank enough water and we kept out of the sun during midday. I still managed to get lightheaded thanks to the heat a bunch of times because I wouldn't listen and keep swimming or playing or staying active while the sun was burning, but it was never because I didn't drink enough water.

Okay, who wants to go next? :)

So maybe I once again :)

1. Once almost I was kicked out of school.

2. I have Acrophobia

3.This year I beat my personal 1km run record with time less than 3 minutes.

And sorry for my bad english  :/

Edited by Kasyana

1 hour ago, yiazmat50112254 said:

i guess number 2 is the lie

1 hour ago, xFalionx said:

I'm gonna go for 3.

1 hour ago, - Cammy - said:

That leaves with me going with #1.

Well, 2 and 3 is true - l have extreme fear of heights and this year for the first time I got time under three minutes (2:59). I run 4-5 times a week, I was in several competitions but I was never in the first place.

So 1 is a lie. Only once I have trouble when on school break my friends convinced me to smoke 'weed' with them and later I went to school classes. But nobody wanted kick me off for this xD

Here's my three;

1. I have had a total of three surgeries done on me so far.

2. I have never been to a school where uniforms were mandatory.

3. I am near sighted.

Pretty straight-forward 3. Maybe I'll add more description next time around.

Edited by - Cammy -

I'm going with 3, uniform schools are super rare where I come from so I have no problem believing that one even if it's more common in many other countries.

Nope, 3 is true. I've been wearing glasses since I was in Grade 7. Still sucks to wear glasses ?

9 hours ago, xFalionx said:

I'm pretty sure being near sighted is more common than visiting a school with uniforms, so I'm gonna go with 2. ^_^ 

Yep, #2 is the lie. I was wearing a uniform all through middle school (so 2 years). It's not that bad. I didn't have to figure out what to wear every week day during that time and didn't need to worry about people making fun of what I wore (not like I would care, but still). Glad I haven't wore a school uniform since then though, the uniforms weren't that comfortable in my opinion.

So it's your turn @xFalionx!   

Edited by - Cammy -

Yay, one more turn for me. :D 

1. My favorite Vita game is Danganronpa TriggerHappyHavoc, which is one of the few games I actually have a physical copy of.
  2. I have a habit of buying more HD remakes and sequels of games I've already known and/or played instead of trying out new franchises.
  3. I have read all 8,124 pages of the web comic Homestuck, and watched the 4 hours and 5 minutes of act ending animations.

Please tell me #2 is a lie...

That's another sad truth. Out of the 39 games I've bought since I first got my Vita about 2 and a half years ago, 21 were games I've already played on a different system before or which I've at least seen a full playthrough of on Youtube before, and I'm also counting sequels to franchises I already knew I liked be playing their prequel. I guess it's mostly because they're usually sold in bundles of multiple games, and they're often on sale for prices around the 3€ per game range. Then there's also the fact that I already know they're good. Why fork out 12€ for a game I'm not sure I'll enjoy if I could get 4 games that I already know I like for the same price. I guess I used to try more games when I didn't have as much trouble with money as I do now.

Anyways, I'm trying to shake off that habit as I've informed myself about a few good games that can be acquired pretty cheap themselves.