Is South Park: The Stick of Truth hard?

Hi peeps, I bought the south park the fractured but whole collectors edition and within this edition you'll get South Park: The Stick of Truth for free.

My question for the achiever: is this a hard platinum to get?? Please tell me about it, thanks!

Just now, HuntingFever said:

This is one of the easiest Platinums you'll ever earn, just keep an eye out for the missable trophies and the rest will come naturally :).

Okay nice! Is this game free roam at the end if you missed a missable tropy or is it only story related to play? If I finish the game wil it continue as a free roam game?

Make sure you follow a collectible guide because there are some collectibles in areas which you will not be able to return to near the end of the game.

There is no free-roam once you finish the main story, if I recall correctly - I'm not 100% on this, so you will want to make sure that you are cleaning up side-quests as soon as they are available before progressing the main quest. 

• Like 1

There is a variation on free roam once you finish the main story but it won't help with the missable trophies, since many of them are specific to certain missions and areas that get locked out once you've completed them. I had to do a second playthrough because I messed up and missed a few key items early on but if you follow a detailed missables Guide, then you won't have any problems :).

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

one thing that is helpful.... don't sell a single piece of equipment and weapon (spoiler in hidden content).

Spoiler
Spoiler

until you unlock "the weapons" and "gear trophy" endgame will allow you to purchase some of what you miss

the platinum isn't a hard journey at all.

Edited by kingdrake2

If you enjoy watching South Park, this will be at the top of your list of games you had the most fun playing while getting the platinum. It feels like your watching an episode during the course of the game, and you will find yourself laughing quite a bit. As for trophies, none of them are hard in any way. On that note though, there are quite of few missable trophies that require you to do certain things during a battle or with collectibles. It is a very unquie trophy list in my opinion though, and makes the game even better to play. Look over the guide for the missable trophies and make multiple saves. Otherwise just enjoy the rest of the game and the platinum will be yours. 

I won't spoil anything, but one thing I do remember that I messed up on was- 

Before starting the last mission make sure you have a extra saved game just incase and have "purchased" whatever it is you need for the final battle. Once you start the last mission and make it into a certain characters back yard, there is no going back into free mode until you finish the final battle. Which as a few missables attached to the battle. 

There are a ton of collectibles in this game. Some you can only get from certain parts where you will be unable to return. I played the game 3 times because I missed one collectible the first two times. I also missed one the third time but luckily it was in an area that I was able to return to. Keep your mind on the collectibles and also the missable trophies that can only be achieved in certain parts of the game. Good luck ? 

I plated the game recently.

Look, yes, the game is free roam, and in the free roam you don't miss anything, but in the Main Mission sections, there are some areas that you will only enter once, so in those section BE CAREFUL and explore every corner. Check the guide in this site for the Missable guide, you will have no problem.

Note. Do not sell anything and I MEAN ANYTHING until you finish the game (that's a missable).

31 minutes ago, wlkownz said:

Okay, thanks peeps!

One fast thing to go, you've to finish the game twice? Because you've two Princess Kenney trophy's: https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/2467-south-park-the-stick-of-truth/14-face-hoff and https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/2467-south-park-the-stick-of-truth/24-outpatient..?

You can do the two Kenny trophies together. I recommend playing it blind the first time then doing a second run with a collectables guide. You'll enjoy it more that way. It doesn't take long to do a second playtyrough.

Edited by wolverine123
  • Like 1