Yakuza Kiwami. Release date announced!

Godwulf_MTL

1 minute ago, Willstown said:

Supposed to be a ground up remake of the first, rather than a remaster / reskin.

Wow and for $30? Sounds like an amazing deal. I've never played a Yakuza game before but with Zero coming out earlier this year I was really tempted to get into it. I guess I'll wait for this and play them both back to back

Edited by TVDex252
  • Like 1

Just now, TVDex252 said:

Wow and for $30? Sounds like an amazing deal. I've never played a Yakuza game before but with Zero coming out earlier this year I was really tempted to get into it. I guess I'll wait for this.

You should really buy and play Yakuza Zero before Kiwami, the game is totally worth it. While its not necessary since most games starts with a recap of the previous events, but the story is far from shallow with its non-stop plot twists and deep story background that its almost criminal not to!! Zero was the perfect opportunity to get invested in this series.

Just now, Godwulf_MTL said:

You should really buy and play Yakuza Zero before Kiwami, the game is totally worth it. While its not necessary since most games starts with a recap of the previous events, but the story is far from shallow with its non-stop plot twists and deep story background that its almost criminal not to!! Zero was the perfect opportunity to get invested in this series.

Yeah I actually made a mistake in my previous post which I went back to edit. I meant to say I wanted to wait for this so I can play them back to back :D

• Like 1

Just now, TVDex252 said:

Yeah I actually made a mistake in my previous post which I went back to edit. I meant to say I wanted to wait for this so I can play them back to back :D

?

This will be a lot of Yakuza game time! sounds like a good plan to me!

• Like 1

Just now, Godwulf_MTL said:

1f44c.png

This will be a lot of Yakuza game time! sounds like a good plan to me!

I recently played Tales of Xillia 1 & 2 back to back xD 

I usually prefer going through a story all together if possible so the events of the previous game stays fresh in my mind. It's one of those obsessive behaviors I can't control lol

• Like 1

That steelbook looks amazing. Hopefully local retailers end up selling it, I'd love to get a copy of this. If they do it'll probably end up costing twice as much, but oh well. I still haven't played Yakuza 5 or Zero yet. I sure have a lot of catching up to do in this series.

6 minutes ago, TVDex252 said:

I usually prefer going through a story all together if possible so the events of the previous game stays fresh in my mind.

Same here. I've played the Mass Effect and BioShock games back-to-back and loved doing that. :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ratchet said:

Them only charging 30 bucks for this is awesome. Definitely getting this alongside Zero at some point. Always wanted to play these games.

Yeah it's a little surprising. Sega has really put a good effort recently into getting their reputation back with these Yakuza games, the upcoming Sonic games (which actually look decent). Hopefully they keep this up!

• Like 1

I can't wait for this! Yakuza 0 is fucking awesome. I haven't even got the plat in it yet, and there's already something else to look forward to. Considering how it's a full blown remake, not a remaster, it comes with a steelbook, and they're only charging £30 for it, that's a steal! 

Sega, just take my damn money! :P

JfinaiC.gif

• Like 2