Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

I was after the disc version also, but the PSN store throws in a PS4 copy of Jak and Daxter if you order it there, so that's probably gonna be the version that gets my money, unless the disc version is a fair bit cheaper, I'm expecting the disc will be available here for around 50 or so at Target and the sort at max, and the digital one is 55, but for 5 bucks more throwing in Jak is tempting.

I did read somewhere though that they said "selected retailers" would also include Jak, so as much as I hate EB, if I get another game chucked in by ordering there, I know where I'm going.

1 minute ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I was after the disc version also, but the PSN store throws in a PS4 copy of Jak and Daxter if you order it there, so that's probably gonna be the version that gets my money, unless the disc version is a fair bit cheaper, I'm expecting the disc will be available here for around 50 or so at Target and the sort at max, and the digital one is 55, but for 5 bucks more throwing in Jak is tempting.

I did read somewhere though that they said "selected retailers" would also include Jak, so as much as I hate EB, if I get another game chucked in by ordering there, I know where I'm going.

Or you can just wait and get both for cheaper.

12 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Or you can just wait and get both for cheaper.

Wait a couple of years and I might get Uncharted for 20 odd and then Jak for 10 or so based on current PS2 on PS4 sale prices. So 30 bucks a year or two later versus 55 right at launch, 25 isn't enough to make me miss out on probably the last ND Uncharted game for ages and be ruined by spoilers.

Just now, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Wait a couple of years and I might get Uncharted for 20 odd and then Jak for 10 or so based on current PS2 on PS4 sale prices. So 30 bucks a year or two later versus 55 right at launch, 25 isn't enough to make me miss out on probably the last ND Uncharted game for ages and be ruined by spoilers.

I bet you'll get the Jak 1 game for like 5 bucks. I've yet to play UC4, and I got no idea what it's even about. :) I know there's some romance bs, or something... idk

I look at this the same way as I did inFamous First Light.

Good exclusive title definitely worth playing through. But if it weren't for Second Son, I probably would of rated First Light lower because it's very short. I liked Fetch, but again, the story was short. Most of the time you're going to do the challenges if you're going for the platinum. Playing both Second Son and First Light I would argue enhance the inFamous franchise a bit, rather than just playing one of the two. First Light was a prequel, whereas Lost Legacy takes place after Uncharted 4.

As long as The Lost Legacy doesn't receive a "Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes" treatment I'm good. It's good to see Chloe, her screen time was greatly reduced in Uncharted 3, and was nowhere to be found in Uncharted 4. I hope it has Charlie Cutter, his role was diminished around a third of the way into Uncharted 4. Underrated character in my opinion.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MMDE said:

I bet you'll get the Jak 1 game for like 5 bucks. I've yet to play UC4, and I got no idea what it's even about. :) I know there's some romance bs, or something... idk

Maybe where you are. So far here's what we've got with PS2 games, non plats are 15, and plats are 23. The odd one like Max Payne without a plat sneaks in for the full 23 though. The cheapest any have gone on sale for so far is 9/10 bucks. I paid 27 I think for the GTA trilogy on sale, which is already discounted compared to buying them together, so at the cheapest PS2 PS4 deal yet here, I got some games for 9 bucks a piece. To be honest though, I really should just finish up Jak 1-3 on Vita, pretty well done with PS3 at the moment but I barely played the remasters as it was. Got them through Plus years back and never got into them too much as I'd already played the PS2 versions anyways.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Maybe where you are. So far here's what we've got with PS2 games, non plats are 15, and plats are 23. The odd one like Max Payne without a plat sneaks in for the full 23 though. The cheapest any have gone on sale for so far is 9/10 bucks. I paid 27 I think for the GTA trilogy on sale, which is already discounted compared to buying them together, so at the cheapest PS2 PS4 deal yet here, I got some games for 9 bucks a piece. To be honest though, I really should just finish up Jak 1-3 on Vita, pretty well done with PS3 at the moment but I barely played the remasters as it was. Got them through Plus years back and never got into them too much as I'd already played the PS2 versions anyways.

Most PS2 ports have been 50% or more off. I think the GTA Trilogy has been on sale for like 15USD. Games costs about the same in Australia as in Norway and we get most of the same sales... This is what I'm talking about when I say you can wait. I get a lot more games for the same price.

In the end, I will likely pay like 20-25USD for both Jak 1 and this expansion. Or maybe even less, chances are I will get some "goty" edition of UC4.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

Well, shit. I was right after all, EB Games (in Australia at least) will be including a code for Jak and Daxter. I'll be grabbing the disc after all then, fuck yeah for good preorder incentives and not bullshit like Battelfront 2 locking off characters to only preorder people. 

https://www.ebgames.com.au/ps4-224319-Uncharted-The-Lost-Legacy-PlayStation-4

229211_packshot_l.png

Edited by Super-Fly Spider-Guy
  • Like 2

I am gonna get this ordered on the PSN store. £29.99 for Lost Legacy and Jak:TPL thrown in with it is a good deal to me. Also get a theme as well :) 

2 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Well, shit. I was right after all, EB Games (in Australia at least) will be including a code for Jak and Daxter. I'll be grabbing the disc after all then, fuck yeah for good preorder incentives and not bullshit like Battelfront 2 locking off characters to only preorder people. 

https://www.ebgames.com.au/ps4-224319-Uncharted-The-Lost-Legacy-PlayStation-4

Fucking EA

4 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Or you can just get Jak and Daxter without Uncharted. 

9 hours ago, Cielle said:

I bought the triple pack so I'll be getting it as a digital download. Worried me there for a sec.

Wait I second, I bought the Triple Pack too last year for $25. It said I'd be getting the SP DLC (which is this) along with two MP packs. This makes no sense as they're saying TLL will cost $40 up front. I paid $15 and only ended up getting more? Whaaaa?

14 hours ago, Spaz said:

I look at this the same way as I did inFamous First Light.

Good exclusive title definitely worth playing through. But if it weren't for Second Son, I probably would of rated First Light lower because it's very short. I liked Fetch, but again, the story was short. Most of the time you're going to do the challenges if you're going for the platinum. Playing both Second Son and First Light I would argue enhance the inFamous franchise a bit, rather than just playing one of the two. First Light was a prequel, whereas Lost Legacy takes place after Uncharted 4.

As long as The Lost Legacy doesn't receive a "Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes" treatment I'm good. It's good to see Chloe, her screen time was greatly reduced in Uncharted 3, and was nowhere to be found in Uncharted 4. I hope it has Charlie Cutter, his role was diminished around a third of the way into Uncharted 4. Underrated character in my opinion.

The thing is, UTTL is going to be a more expansive standalone than First Light is.. perhaps longer than First Light and Left Behind combined. So I dont find just the general comparisons with First Light as sufficient. UTTL is going to be more in-line to Dying Light's The Following, linear adventure wise. So on another level in other words. (Im partially excited for LL because ND shouldn't be repeating the flawed story direction mistake they did with Left Behind where half the game was a prequel and the other half was an mid-game prequel-expansion(?), corrupting the whole concept of standalone and even ruining part of the experience.

He wasn't in U4, he was only briefly mentioned. (I should have stopped here.) Still cant believe so much attention was given to the retcon brother, where he managed to overshadow Sully, Elena, return of characters like Chloe and especially Cutter, and even the random new wild cards like Tenzin (U2) and Salim (U3, though Charlie to), who there's no U4 counterpart of. It's just Sam. U2 balanced everyone else much better, and it's the shorter game. U4 is the longest in the series, yet we still got a smaller lineup of villains (was 3 in every other game [1/2/3] but U4) AND a smaller introduction AND reintroduction of heroes (good guys). Everything is literally centered around the retcon brother (U4). Perhaps ND knew they couldn't maintain/re-achieve a good balanced cast - mistake learned from U3? - so U4 turned out like this? However, even with the nerf to both good and bad cast, Rafe was written poorly, and Elena and Sully still got overshadowed.

?

14 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

You really shouldn't.... You didn't get far in them either, so you're good. Remasters are the far better experience, and may remain so if the PS2 on PS4 Ports don't have as consistent frame-rate... and even allow full-screen (J1). The PS2 on PS4 Ports definitely won't outmatch the graphical quality of the remasters, but there is a chance the frame rate consistency could be slightly inferior. J1 may be in trouble as the original didn't support full screen.

Edited by Mar

9 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

Wait I second, I bought the Triple Pack too last year for $25. It said I'd be getting the SP DLC (which is this) along with two MP packs. This makes no sense as they're saying TLL will cost $40 up front. I paid $15 and only ended up getting more? Whaaaa?

Yeah look it up, you should have got the mp stuff already. We're getting lost legacy but no preorder bonuses. 

1 hour ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

Yeah I saw, looks like I got a damn good deal basically pre-ordering it a year and a half early.

If I knew how cool The Lost Legacy looks to me now a few months ago, I would have bought the U4 digital deluxe edition for €45 so I could automatically get The Lost Legacy. Unfortunately, both season pass and deluxe edition have since disappeared from PSN. Ah, well.

I'm in doubt about when to get this. I thought U4 was a big improvement on the previous games and I always liked Chloe so I kind of really want to play it. I might just get the disc version right away, play it and then trade it on again, or I may wait a few weeks for a day one buyer trying to get rid of his copy.