This Trophy List Looks Highly Suspect

Gage

I'm not sure if anyone remembers Solbrain Knight of Darkness, a "game" that somehow managed to makes it's way onto the playstation store last year that turned out to be made almost entirely of stolen assets and was an utter pile of trash.

Now this list shows up, and seems to have a lot of similarities to the list for Solbrain. Stock image list and trophy icons (this time a stock image gold wreath photoshopped behind low res stock image trophy images), nonsense trophy names, list entirely comprised of "complete chapter x". I can't find a single shred of anything about this game on the internet, no matter what I search for. I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if this was the same "developer" managing to can another game past Sony. 

33633746230_20f156deba.jpg

This fantastic ancient world has been Invaded by powerful enemies who rule in the dark. Several centuries have passed since Light’s Lords defeated them with the spear of destiny.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/04/14/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-4182017/

I traced the title image to some Chinese site. The description there doesn't match the playstation site, but it matches this Android game: The Spear of Destiny (rated 1.9). So I guess it's this. Edit: Turns out this was not it.

Spoiler

2012919153316653650_600_566.jpg

2012919153319320420_600_566.jpg

2012919153320320420_600_566.jpg

2012919153322542640_600_566.jpg

England 1860…

James was a failed treasure hunter…

He only cared about drink - until he started running out of money. 

His family faced being thrown out on the street.

He knew he had to do something but what? Then he saw an advert in a newspaper. It offered a reward for finding The Spear of Destiny. There was a million dollars for the finder. This was the chance he had been waiting for! 

He packed some old clothes and set off for what was to be his last adventure.

Welcome to “Spear of Destiny".

Features:
- Based on the famous Point & Click adventure games
- Fantastic HD graphics that bring a fantastic adventure to life
- Original sound track and sound effects
- An original storyline
- Tons of puzzles and riddles to be solved
- A wide range of objects to look for
- Translated into: Spanish, French, English, German, Chinese, Japanese, Portuguese, Italian

Visit www.rupasappgames.com
Follow us on Twitter: @rupasappgames

Edited by Milktastrophe
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/04/14/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-4182017/

I traced the title image to some Chinese site. The description there doesn't match the playstation site, but it matches this Android game: The Spear of Destiny (rated 1.9). So I guess it's this.

Nice detective work. :D  Appears to be a legitamitely made game then I suppose. Ports of mediocre phone P&C games aren't exactly high on my list of things I'm looking to play though. :P

13 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Yup. Same makers as Solbrain. And of course PS+ users can buy this new trash at discount!

The trailer to this game is even worse than Solbrain's, hilariously.

Where do you see it? I just looked and it doesn't appear to be in the Playstation youtube channel, and nothing seems to come up searching it. 

16 minutes ago, rpg49ers said:

this link has the trailer, u need to "Please enter your date of birth to continue"

Right, it doesn't show videos on the mobile version of the store. 

Yeah that looks bad. Pretty sure I recognize the houses in the trailer from Solbrain. 

Assuming none of it is stolen this time most of it is probably stick Unity shite. 

Edited by Gage

58 minutes ago, cornshaq said:

Hey everyone yes this game is from the same people as Solbrain Knight of Darkness I am sure stuff was stolen to make it I just got done playing it and reviewing it. Its slightly better of a game then Solbrain but its still horrible that sony allows this on the psn. 

Exactly like solbrain.

Since when does sony wants to follow steam in case of quality control. Atleast they have a refund system :awesome:

13 hours ago, Gage said:

Where do you see it? I just looked and it doesn't appear to be in the Playstation youtube channel, and nothing seems to come up searching it. 

I watched it on the store itself, from my PS4. I found the game, and the trailer was on its page.

4 hours ago, cornshaq said:

Hey everyone yes this game is from the same people as Solbrain Knight of Darkness I am sure stuff was stolen to make it I just got done playing it and reviewing it. Its slightly better of a game then Solbrain but its still horrible that sony allows this on the psn. 

Were you able to finish this? I had heard that Solbrain was so broken that it was impossible to finish.

43 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

I had heard that Solbrain was so broken that it was impossible to finish.

Me and one other guy were able to finish it, but it was a horrendous fucking experience. Basically took 4 - 5 hours to do and had to be done in one sitting because there was no saving or pausing. 

16 minutes ago, Gage said:

Me and one other guy were able to finish it, but it was a horrendous fucking experience. Basically took 4 - 5 hours to do and had to be done in one sitting because there was no saving or pausing. 

Wait what, you actually finished it? I envy your patience LMAO. 

I didn't even think it was possible.

1 hour ago, Gage said:

You DID finish? Wow. I had heard that, ultimately, enemies would be spawned on a house or somesuch, and be unreachable.

So, uhhh, congrats? 

By the way, I can't help but think these guys are just trolls. I mean, it's one thing to release broken games with stolen assets. It's quite another to charge $16.99 for it. TBH, if the game was, say, $2, I might buy it, just because the trophies would be pretty unique (solbrain is no longer available, after all, and this one will probably get removed as well). But who in their right mind is paying seventeen dollars for this?

7 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

You DID finish? Wow. I had heard that, ultimately, enemies would be spawned on a house or somesuch, and be unreachable.

So, uhhh, congrats? 

By the way, I can't help but think these guys are just trolls. I mean, it's one thing to release broken games with stolen assets. It's quite another to charge $16.99 for it. TBH, if the game was, say, $2, I might buy it, just because the trophies would be pretty unique (solbrain is no longer available, after all, and this one will probably get removed as well). But who in their right mind is paying seventeen dollars for this?

Each level has 3 different enemy spawn groups, so to get past the one level you have to die until you get the one spawn group (which has the shitty cheating enemies in it) as that one none of the enemies spawn on rooftops. Last two levels alone take like 45 minutes each. 

I think the guy is just doing it to con people out of money. He's been releasing this shit all the way back to when PS Mobile was a thing, and has released a bunch of the games on android as well. You can look on amazon and see Solbrain is on there as a phone download, but isn't for sale anymore. Pretty sure this just shows that Sony has basically stopped giving a shit about quality control and will let anything on the store as long as you can make the game get past a start screen. 

• Like 1