Best PS3 JRPGS?

AmmVid

I recommend

Final Fantasy XIII

Final Fantasy XIII-2

i own both of those games and they are great.

Others that i have heard of are

White Knight Chronicles

White Knight Chronicles 2

If you like anime well you migth like these games

Hyperdimension Neptunia

Hyperdimension Neptunia mk 2

Hyperdimension Victory

Edited by Melona
  • Like 1

Tales of Graces f

Tales of Xillia

Hyperdimension Neptunia

Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory

Mugen Souls

Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice

Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten

Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland

Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland

Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland

Ar Tonelico: Qoga Knell of Ar Ciel

Trinity Universe

Record of Agarest War

Record of Agarest War ZERO

Record of Agarest War 2

Star Ocean

Final Fantasy XIII

Final Fantasy XIII-2

• Like 3

Well a lot were mentioned...though not specifically PS3 exclusives. I highly recommend Resonance of Fate though. It's so different. There is not a dull moment in that game. Every minute is fantastic. Otherwise, a lot of the same on the fagbox are good on the pstripgay.(no offence)

What exactly are you looking for? What do you like?

If you're into anime I'd recommend Asura's Wrath. It's not an RPG but it's more like an anime than any of the JRPG's mentioned above. The gameplay is love it or hate it, no middle ground to be found, and most hate but the story is WELL WORTH dealing with it. One of my personal favorite PS3 games of any genre... and I hate anime :)

If you're into anime I'd recommend Asura's Wrath. It's not an RPG but it's more like an anime than any of the JRPG's mentioned above. The gameplay is love it or hate it, no middle ground to be found, and most hate but the story is WELL WORTH dealing with it. One of my personal favorite PS3 games of any genre... and I hate anime :)

Yo. That may be, but I think RoF got that beat as a an anime-ish title. Have you played it?

EDIT: due to copy/pasta fuckness.

Edited by daftprophet
  • Like 1

Most were mentioned but I would like to add Neir to the list. Each one on the above lists has its strengths and weaknesses depending on you are in the story, battle system etc. Valkyria Chronicles, Tales of Graces, Resonance of Fate and Disgaea 4 are my favorites.

Tales of Graces f

Tales of Xillia

Hyperdimension Neptunia

Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory

Mugen Souls

Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice

Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten

Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland

Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland

Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland

Ar Tonelico: Qoga Knell of Ar Ciel

Trinity Universe

Record of Agarest War

Record of Agarest War ZERO

Record of Agarest War 2

Star Ocean

Final Fantasy XIII

Final Fantasy XIII-2

With this, you have enough titles to blow your mind for a year or two.

Thanks for all the replies! I may get ki no kuni, or one of the cheaper games. I don't need to know a back story to these games right? As I said I haven't played one yet :/

You could but playing the second game would spoil the story for you is best to start by playing the first game so you can get into the story and enjoy the games better.

Only a select few should be played in a specific order so you don't miss any details and those would be.

Atelier Rorona - Atelier Totori - Atelier Meruru

Record of Agarest War - Record of Agarest War ZERO

*Hyperdimension Neptunia - Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory

Final Fantasy XIII - Final Fantasy XIII-2

If at all possible play the PS2 era Ar Tonelico games before Qoga Knell of Ar Ciel, the Tales of series are all for the most part independant of earlier games although Tales of Xillia and Tales of Xillia 2 are an example of the exception to such rules and besides Xillia 2 hasn't got an English release date yet and Xillia is released this year.

Trinity Universe and Cross Edge are crossover games that will require no previous knowledge of the games used to enjoy them although your enjoyment for them could go up or down if you've played the titles that crossover.

*Regarding Hyperdimension Neptunia playing the first is recommended in order to understand characters and a few other little things although mk2 does a retconning but Victory is a direct continuation of mk2.

Hope this helps a bit?

Edited by Kyouko_Sakura
  • Like 1

Well a lot were mentioned...though not specifically PS3 exclusives. I highly recommend Resonance of Fate though. It's so different. There is not a dull moment in that game. Every minute is fantastic. Otherwise, a lot of the same on the fagbox are good on the pstripgay.(no offence)

What exactly are you looking for? What do you like?

I agree completely with RoF being recommended. It's a very unique game. It takes a short while to get used to the combat, but it's a lot of fun once you figure out the 'rules.' If you're going for the platinum, the 2nd PT only takes a few hours if you did everything the first time around.

• Like 1

I've platinumed both RoF and Asura's Wrath and stand by my statement. Didn't see Asura's in your trophy lst, have you played it?

I agree. I've platinumed both, and I would certainly classify Asura's Wrath as more anime than RoF. Both are great games, however, and he was looking for a JRPG :)

I agree. I've platinumed both, and I would certainly classify Asura's Wrath as more anime than RoF. Both are great games, however, and he was looking for a JRPG :)

Yeah, I just wanted to throw Asura's out there because he brought up liking anime. Asura's didn't get a lot of attention so I take every chance I get to try and shine a light on it.

• Like 3

Yeah, I just wanted to throw Asura's out there because he brought up liking anime. Asura's didn't get a lot of attention so I take every chance I get to try and shine a light on it.

I see that you haven't completed the Lost Episodes --- certainly frustrating challenges, but very satisfying once you finish them. I recommend!

Personally, I'd stay far, FAR away from White Knight Chronicles. WKC is more a Massively Multiplayer Online game than it is an RPG. The single-player campaign is very short and unsatisfying, and the online is a repetitive grindfest with a rapidly dwindling US/EU player base due to Level 5's complete lack of support for their game.

Pretty much everything else that's been brought up in this thread is pretty good. Some are better than others, but they can help scratch that RPG itch.