PS4 reveal?

laker818

NOOOO I still have 60 games in my backlog!! oh well better start saving money.

http://www.egmnow.co...ation-4-reveal/

My thoughts exactly. I hoped it would release next year! I will not accomplish my trophy goals now. I guess I will just have to clean up as much of my games as possible. I as well am going to have to begins to seriously save for this baby. Fingers-crossed that it will be backwards compatible!!!

My thoughts exactly. I hoped it would release next year! I will not accomplish my trophy goals now. I guess I will just have to clean up as much of my games as possible. I as well am going to have to begins to seriously save for this baby. Fingers-crossed that it will be backwards compatible!!!

For sure im expecting a price to be around $700 to $800 for the best bundle available

For sure im expecting a price to be around $700 to $800 for the best bundle available

Nah.....the reported $400 dollar price tag sounds reasonable. I remember Sony once saying that having a 5-600 dollar price tag on the PS3 at launch was a mistake. They said in the future they would keep costs down. Also one of the big reasons the console was so expensive was because it had a blu-ray drive. At the time they cost 1,000 dollars retail.

• Like 1

Nah.....the reported $400 dollar price tag sounds reasonable. I remember Sony once saying that having a 5-600 dollar price tag on the PS3 at launch was a mistake. They said in the future they would keep costs down. Also one of the big reasons the console was so expensive was because it had a blu-ray drive. At the time they cost 1,000 dollars retail.

well im wiling to camp out and by the biggest hard drive bundle with extra accessories and games

Where to start. :coffee:

We've known this (the E3 reveal) for quite some time now.

The actual Street Release date is not ANY time soon. Conservative estimates have an early 4thQ, to late spring 2014. (edit: Possibly October, but has yet to be confirmed)

To top it all off - EVERYTHING you have or will do on your PS3 will transfer to the next generation.

The PSN and all our data is here to stay. You all can continue with your trophy quests unabated.

:stalker:

Edited by A12621A
  • Like 1

The actual Street Release date is not ANY time soon. Conservative estimates have an early 4thQ, to late spring 2014.

To top it all off - EVERYTHING you have or will do on your PS3 will transfer to the next generation.

The PSN and all our data is here to stay. You all can continue with your trophy quests unabated.

This is really good to know, the stuff on my Playstation is too much to give up

The actual Street Release date is not ANY time soon. Conservative estimates have an early 4thQ, to late spring 2014. (edit: Possibly October, but has yet to be confirmed)

Yes, I agree with everything you have said. Even October sounds early to me. I have said it before, but typically both Microsoft and Sony announce consoles around a year before they come out. Announcing a console and releasing it within a few months seems fishy. I mean this is somewhat unrelated, but Disney just recently announced Pirates 5 yet it comes out in 2015!!!! Entertainment companies tend to announce stuff way in advance to build hype and momentum.

I agree that an October release will be to early, personally I wont be ready till early next year.

If its not compatible with PS3 games I will NOT be buying on launch though, that will really fuck me off if they do that.

I'm pretty sure it won't be. As Sony is ditching the Cell Processor I doubt very highly it will be. Besides they wouldn't be able to sell us "remastered" collections of all our old ps3 games!

i think i will wait to get the ps4 till sony has ironed out some teething issues that might occur on release and maybe till price drops a bit.

im still loving the ps3 and still got loads of trophies to get on it so im not in any rush this time around.

• Like 2

Kazuo Hirai (SONY CEO) said they will reveal the PS4 after Microsoft reveals the new Xbox, so we are at Microsoft's mercy right now.

I find the reason behind this a little off, he said it was because they didn't want MS stealing their specs, I don't think MS is going to do this, for once, I believe both consoles are going to be equaly powerful, and if MS didn't change the CD technology for a bigger capacity disk (like blueray) they aren't very worried about SONY's tech.