The Last TV Show You Saw?

DanielVT

infktc.jpg

The Leftovers

Great show. I'm late to the party but I usually wait and then binge watch (just finished Dexter). Found it browsing HBO Now, since GoT is done, trying to justify another month subscription.

I originally wasn't interested, I judged a book by it's cover. (shame)  But this time I let it play. Seeing how different people react and take on this experience was the first hook, of many. Characters and story are strong, and the way we follow them helps build the mystery and anticipation. I know I'm being vague, but you'll get no spoilers from me.

Press Your Luck- Very good summer game show on ABC with Elizabeth Banks. Players press a button to stop a light on the Big Board, trying to time it to land on cash or prizes. Some of the blocks have a Whammy (looks like a red Tasmanian Devil). Avoid the Whammy, or the little bastard takes everything you've won up to that point. The cartoons that play whenever someone lands on a Whammy are hilarious.

Card Sharks (ABC) - This premiered last Wednesday. Kind of a simple concept (is the next card higher or lower), but really fun. Players answer toss-up questions to get control of the board, where they have to clear a line of 10 cards to win. If you win the toss-up & get control, you can change the base card if it's something truly terrible like an 8. Aces & 2s are the best. As you advance along the board, you have the choice to freeze & set a checkpoint. Guessing wrong sends you back. The winner gets to play the Money Cards game, starting with $10,000. Here they play 7 cards, betting multiples of $1000 (it's allowed to bet everything you have... so if it all goes perfect you could finish with $640,000). Let's say you have a 2, so why not bet all of it higher? Well wait a sec. If the next card matches, that's counted wrong & you lose the bet. On the last money card you have to bet half or more of your bank. One guy didn't do too bad, getting $182,000. The winner from the 2nd game did terrible- three Aces in a row wiped him out. Another show I'm hooked on.

Criminal Minds- Episode 7.22 "Profiling 101"

Edited by RadiantFlamberge

Watched the ABC Wednesday Summer Fun & Games block tonight.

Press Your Luck

Spoiler

Mellanie got through all stages of the bonus game. She didn't come close to $500.000 (reaching that would end the game with a $1M win), but still did alright with a $114.135 grand total ($49.135 + $65.000)

Card Sharks

Spoiler

New record! There was a $200.000 winner tonight.

and...

Match Game: Tonight's guests were Joel McHale, Rachael Ray (Yes!), Jason Biggs, Caroline Rhea, Donald Faison, & Vanessa Williams.

• 2 weeks later...