Trophy guide

• 3 months later...
8 minutes ago, rdhight said:

@NathanielJohn How is it just as a game? Is the platforming good? I was thinking of getting it for my fox-loving niece, but she also has access to Rayman Legends, so if it has poor gameplay, it'll soon get booted from the rotation!

It's a decent game, but don't expect anything "exciting" out of it. It's impossible to die. There's some platforming, but just of the "get from here to there" variety, not the "oh I better be careful about these jumps" variety. Think of it more like a Metroidvania-lite than a platformer.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Great, are you going to port it here? 

I've been waiting for the guide so I don't need to use Steam ones =D

I might get around to it. If anyone gets impatient, you are very welcome to copy the guide here (or anywhere else) if you want -- everything on the wiki licensed under Creative Commons Atrtribution 4.

• 4 months later...

Can anyone tell me how the hell you make the trees float to get to the lofty altar? I know you need to trigger a cut scene that shows the tree coming out of the ground, no idea where that is either. 

I have done all the other altars it's just this one I need. Have been wandering round aimlessly for hours and still have no idea. It's just become an annoying boring game now.... 

14 hours ago, MIKEY-L-666 said:

Can anyone tell me how the hell you make the trees float to get to the lofty altar? I know you need to trigger a cut scene that shows the tree coming out of the ground, no idea where that is either. 

I have done all the other altars it's just this one I need. Have been wandering round aimlessly for hours and still have no idea. It's just become an annoying boring game now.... 

When you get to the trees theyll have a season symbol on them and you just change the season and theyll start moving. If you still need help check out the Xbox guide. It seemed to have more info than the one posted in this thread...

Also, Id like to point out that the flowers trophy IS missable. The guide posted in this thread and on the Xbox site both say nothing is missable. But, if you dont have all the flowers before doing the "true ending" and getting the Reunion trophy, it starts you back at a new game, with no save. Luckily, my cloud save was at 84% and it only took about 20 min to run through and get all the flowers I had got earlier and the few I was missing to get the trophy and plat...

1 hour ago, MIKEY-L-666 said:

Thanks for the heads up on the flowers! 

I've checked the trees at the summit and there are no symbols on them. Do you need to do something with the 6 flies that are joined together by the big fly guardian? 

Yeah. You gotta do this bs. This was the worst part of the game imo lol:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jdizzle0420 said:

Yeah. You gotta do this bs. This was the worst part of the game imo lol:

I just checked out the xbox guide you ain't wrong it's way more informative! 

Thanks again man much appreciated I now know what I'm missing. I seriously can't wait to be done with this stupid unclear game now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MIKEY-L-666 said:

I just checked out the xbox guide you ain't wrong it's way more informative! 

Thanks again man much appreciated I now know what I'm missing. I seriously can't wait to be done with this stupid unclear game now. 

Yeah I enjoyed it, but there were a few times where I was 100% clueless on what to do next lol. Overall, for $6 I'm not mad at it...

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I found a video walkthrough that was done for pc.

It will get you all of the trophies except for about 5 of the flowers, and the bird trophy. Took me 15-20 minutes after the walkthrough to mop up the forgotten flowers and bird trophy (I forget exact locations but none of the remaining flowers were in the summer area for me, so that should help arrow it down if you follow this guide), oh and don't jump through the portal at the very end after it absorbs the dead foxes body. When you get to that part it's time to clean up the remaining flowers and bird trophy.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

The game is good. Not awesome but nice. Some good ideas and some decent puzzles. The pastel graphics are nice. The story isn't bad, and unusually isn't badly laid out. The seasons mechanics are interesting and there's some original ideas.

The puzzles are all solvable without help, just looked a video to get an idea of the summer stone as this one is confusing at first. The trophies are very easy to get, even Bird is easy and can be acquired pretty early. The Pretty Bouquet for all flowers is not difficult to have before the game ends, no need for final round mopping up if you take minimal care. The maps on steam mentioned in the guide are very useful.

Good relaxing fun, but not for everyone. Recommended specially if you get it on sale.

Edited by cris3f

• 3 months later...

Jesus, what a chore! I really wanted to love this game and enjoy the beautiful graphics and music. Having read that it was easy (and me not being much of a puzzler) I decided to follow the advice of the trophy guide here and just enjoy myself without guidance. I got all 4 seasons that way, but then it got confusing for me what to do next. The story rambles on (still not sure what it is about, having just finished it). It doesn’t help that the guides available don’t particularly offer a real walkthrough IMO, so I ended up getting confused with what the first guide said to do, looking up in the second guide what the heck the first one meant and then look at a third to try and work out what either meant... I muddled through, not helped by the tedious backtracking the game forces you on. Finally got the platinum. 

I was happy to be done with it. Like I said I wanted to love this game but I ended up really disliking it. I played it for the story, not the supposedly easy platinum, and perhaps I am dumb as a rock but this is certainly not the easy platinum everyone claims it is. I’d say if you aren’t drawn to the concept of the game but mostly for the easy platinum... turn back now and play something else!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/20/2020 at 11:25 AM, Sifferino said:

I was happy to be done with it. Like I said I wanted to love this game but I ended up really disliking it. I played it for the story, not the supposedly easy platinum, and perhaps I am dumb as a rock but this is certainly not the easy platinum everyone claims it is. I’d say if you aren’t drawn to the concept of the game but mostly for the easy platinum... turn back now and play something else!

I really just picked it up for the easy platinum and I played some of it in June and I really loathe it. It's just boring as hell and the pacing doesn't help. It feels so much slower than it should for its lack of decent story and I found the art style got stale pretty quickly. I'm also a guy who can really enjoy a good walking sim or similar but this felt like it had less depth even with its puzzle mechanics which I found more tedious than anything. Going back to do all the flowers sounds like hell. Fair warning to anyone looking to pick it up, check out a video or something of it first and see if it's your deal. Not looking forward to going back and completing it but hey gotta get that plat, right?

• Like 1