Your personal philosophy?

PLEXTOR08

As a kid in secondary school I considered my life to be extremely boring as I couldn't really bring myself to care much about what happened around me. As a result I started thinking about things like life , the world and the people in it. Now that I'm older and again going through a bit of a hardship I realise how important it is to follow a certain philosophy if you want to lead a satisfying life.

The title says it all. I'm not sure if it's too heavy of a subject but I'm sincerely interested in what you guys think about the meaning(l/n)ess of life or just philosophy as a whole. 

Life is meaningless, there's nothing after death and I get why that is so depressing that many people need religion.

All we can do is make the most of our short stay here, and I'm not opposed to helping other people make their life a bit more worth living unless their beliefs are opposed to mine.

• Like 1

Though I'm no Satanist, my life philosophy is remarkably close: do what you want, but hurt no one else, and take responsibility for your actions. 

Also, to the OP, I've been playing a lot of Berserk lately, so I love your avatar.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 3

I believe to live life to the fullest and take as many chances as you can. I don't believe in an afterlife, and that the experience when we die is the same experience we feel before we're born. No sense of existence or consciousness. If we only get to live once, might as well enjoy it.

For me it's an epic quote from the master Steve Jobs, it's a life lesson that i always keep inside of me

"
Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma–which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become "

My personal philosophy is to use my life to try to evolve as a person as much as I can and also to try to leave a positive impact on other people's lives. People never really understand how some experiences hurt unless they have gone through the same things, so I try to use my negative experiences to help others that may be now in the same situation. When you help others, you are helping yourself and that's good. :)

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

im not thelemite but meaning of life is probably finding your true will: 

"True Will is a term found within the mystical system of Thelema, a religion founded in 1904 with Aleister Crowley's writing of The Book of the Law.[1][2] It is defined at times as a person's grand destiny in life, and at other times as a moment to moment path of action that operates in perfect harmony with Nature. This Will does not spring from conscious intent, but from the interplay between the deepest Self and the entire Universe. Thelemites in touch with their True Will are said to have eliminated or bypassed their false desires, conflicts, and habits, and accessed their connection with the divine. Theoretically, at this point, the Thelemite acts in alignment with Nature, just as a stream flows downhill, with neither resistance nor "lust of result". Crowley's ideas on the subject partly originated with the teachings of Eliphas Levi, whose magical books emphasize the magician finding their magical identity - his or her 'true self', which Levi referred to as the "True Will"."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/True_Will