Game of Thrones S7 Discussion *SPOILERS*

ahmedelebiary

24 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I liked the finale as much as any other episode this season, which isn't as good as past seasons. The story suffered at times but the ending was great for finally getting things moving.

I didn't see the episode until this morning, and I almost got spoiled... I saw a headline on Gamespot that said something like "Another Major Character is Killed in GOT" but thankfully I didn't see who it was.

It was nice to see Jaime finally make a stand, as well as Theon. The "kick in the balls, try again" part was great. It's about time Littlefinger bit the dust, what a little turd. He reaped what he sowed.

I didn't see anybody else mention it yet, but I spotted Thoros standing in the Night King's army at the wall. I wonder if any other known characters are there too.

I'm hoping for Summer and Hodor.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I was looking for Benjen but didn't see him lol. I thought for a second I did but it was a side view and could have been anyone.

13 minutes ago, BG_painter said:

WUUUUUTTT but they burned him... O.o... Damn i need to re watch it

11 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Oh crap, how did I forget that? Hmm, I THINK I saw him at least. Here I am at work and I can't easily confirm.

hahaha i thought i saw Thoros there as well but then i realized they burnt him so he wont be able to comeback as a wight .

1 minute ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Seriously though it was probably somebody who looked a bit like him, probably one of the random members of Beric's crew that weren't shown until they got killed off.

i believe you, i'll watch again when i get the episode available for demand. :)
Btw, the last season it's going to have only 6 episodes and we will have to wait 2 years, yep ?

1 hour ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Seriously though it was probably somebody who looked a bit like him, probably one of the random members of Beric's crew that weren't shown until they got killed off.

I was wondering about that all through that sequence.

Where are all these red shirts coming from?

I'm glad that Bran actually shared something he'd seen with someone and something came of it instead of just being a creep. Although I still think he's pretty crap

Bran - I'm the three eyed raven. I can see everything

Sam - ummm....okay?

Bran - Jon isn't a Snow he's a Sand

Sam - you sure? Coz I heard they got married first so he's a targaryen

Bran - Really? *does the white eyes* oh yeah...

Whenever Bran says anything I just think of Peter Griffin saying "shut up meg"

Most satisfying part of the episode was Jamie leaving Cersei. Then it snowing as he left kings landing. I really hope it somehow ends well for him

• Like 3

1 hour ago, turpinator1986 said:

I forget now, I read it ages ago on twitter. Same article that said the info you just posted though so I assume it's got some truth to it

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.harpersbazaar.com/culture/film-tv/amp10352619/game-of-thrones-season-8-news-date-spoilers/

there you go :) is rather six normal length episodes in 2018 tbh 

17 minutes ago, turpinator1986 said:

As much as I love Game Of Thrones that article disappointed me.  80+ minutes?  I could barely sit through the last episode during the final twenty minutes lol

I think that Cersei was right to stay put and not fight the undead.By the time they reach King's Landing,she would be over 100 :lol:.Seriously, what's with the marching speed.Also i'd like to know how they planned to pass through the Wall,other than what we've seen.Because it would be stupid if they waited all along for someone to bring a dragon to them

5 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

I think that Cersei was right to stay put and not fight the undead.By the time they reach King's Landing,she would be over 100 :lol:.Seriously, what's with the marching speed.Also i'd like to know how they planned to pass through the Wall,other than what we've seen.Because it would be stupid if they waited all along for someone to bring a dragon to them

I thought they were thinking the walkers would wait for the ocean near the wall to freeze and then just walk around?

I might have been dreaming too so...yeah...

3 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Remember, the season in GoT lasts years, not months. ^_^ By the change of her cloths in the end of the episode and the snow/glove scene with Jaime, i believe winter is already there. The walker's "fog" does move pretty fast tho.

6 hours ago, Cleggworth said:

I'm glad that Bran actually shared something he'd seen with someone and something came of it instead of just being a creep. Although I still think he's pretty crap

Bran - I'm the three eyed raven. I can see everything

Sam - ummm....okay?

Bran - Jon isn't a Snow he's a Sand

Sam - you sure? Coz I heard they got married first so he's a targaryen

Bran - Really? *does the white eyes* oh yeah...

Whenever Bran says anything I just think of Peter Griffin saying "shut up meg"

Most satisfying part of the episode was Jamie leaving Cersei. Then it snowing as he left kings landing. I really hope it somehow ends well for him

Maybe it will take a little while for Bran to realise all the content "downloaded" in his brain ?

17 hours ago, Macabro said:

I hope the final book comes out before the final season so I can finish the real story and not care anymore about what happens on the show.

Its looking like we may get "Winds of Winter" next year but there is no way A "Dream of Spring" will be out before the show ends.

I saw the episode yesterday and waited until now to comment. I think I needed time to process everything that happened...

I have no idea why people are grossed out by Jon and Dany doing it. They are both Targaryns - incest is their thing. The Lannisters doing each other is gross. Speaking of the Lannisters....

...the scene between Tyrion and Cersei cut rather early. As soon as Tyrion found out Cersei was pregnant the scene just ended. What happened between the two of them? Until then, Cersei was determined the Lannister forces would not march North to fight the Great War but then the next scene she just changed her mind. Ok, we know she only said she changed her mind to take advantage of the absence of Dany and Jon but still. Was there a secret agreement between Tyrion and Cersei regarding Cersei's baby. A few times this season, Tyrion has commented on the line of succession following Dany's death. And he did seem concerned when he was lurking outside the door when Jon and Dany were doing it. Is something going on there or am I reading too much into it?

Littlefinger's death was satisfying. I am sad to see such a great character leave the show but he had a brilliant exit. I was convinced Sansa was being manipulated by him and she was going to sentence Arya to death. When Sansa said the line "You are accused of treason.....Peter Baelish" I was like "Oh snap". The whole time Sansa and Arya were arguing I was thinking why the hell did Bran not step in and say something. He can see everything and is surely aware of Baelish's actions. He more or less hinted at it when Bran and Littlefinger had their meeting. It was nice to see the Stark children play the long con with Littlefinger and beat him at his own game. It was even nicer seeing Littlefinger beg for his life before Arya slit his throat. It was about time a major character was killed off this season. I could've sworn everybody was covered in plot armour.

Speaking of Bran...how the hell do his powers work? I thought that scene between Bran and Sam was poorly written. Can Bran only see things happening in the past if people tell him to look? That's a new development surely. I mean who told Bran to look at the conversation between Baelish and Varys when Littlefinger gave his "Chaos is a laddah" speech? Who told him to look at Jon's birth? Who told him to look at Arya murdering the Freys? According to Bran, he is aware of everything that has happened and is presently happening but that is clearly not the case. I'm just confused by that scene....Also, remember when Gilly revealed that Rhaegar had his marriage annulled and he married Lyanna Stark and Sam was clearly not paying attention to her. Well, it turns out he was paying attention after all. It seems Sam is more aware of events than Bran is.

It was nice to see Tyrion and Dany realise how thick in the skull Jon Snow really is. All he had to do was lie to Cersei but no...he couldn't even do that. And this guy is the rightful heir to the Iron Throne? It was so satisfying seeing Tyrion and Dany scold Jon for his stupidity. I still don't think Jon will sit the Iron Throne though. I have a feeling he will trip over his laces and fall down the stairs just before he reaches the Iron Throne.

Some final thoughts about the episode:

It was nice to see the Hound and Brienne talk about Arya. You could tell the Hound was proud of Arya when Brienne told him she is more than capable of taking care of herself.

Jaime leaving Cersei and (hopefully!) joing Tyrion in the North. Where does this leave Bronn though?

The Wall is gone. Holy shit! Did Tormund and Beric and all of the Night's Watch die off screen? Can't speak about the Night's Watch, but I have a sneaky suspicion Tormund and Beric managed to equip their plot armour just in time.

Cersei is buying the Golden Company? Will we be seeing elephants fighting dragons in the final season?

Theon is going after Euron to rescue Yara. A noble quest but I fear a futile one. Euron is on his way to bring the Golden Company across the Narrow Sea. I think that will happen and that Theon and Yara will meet their end. But the question is...will Euron meet his end too? Nobody says Euron has to make it across the sea with the army as well.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Miles_Warren said:

The Wall is gone. Holy shit! Did Tormund and Beric and all of the Night's Watch die off screen? Can't speak about the Night's Watch, but I have a sneaky suspicion Tormund and Beric managed to equip their plot armour just in time.

Doubtful, they attacked at eastwatch not Castle black so most of the nights watch should still be alive. You are probably right about the plot armor though. I for one hope tormund survives. Can't wait to see his reunion with brienne

• Like 1

Actually I forgot that they attacked Eastwatch and not Castle Black. I know Bran had a vision that the Night King was approaching Eastwatch so perhaps Jon requested that the Night's Watch move the majority of their forces to Eastwatch. Maybe that is why Pyp, the Lord Commander was at Eastwatch last episode.

Pyp's the guy who died from an arrow in the neck in Season 4, the Lord Commander is Edd. 

I'm thinking the Theon/Euron sub plot is going to reintroduce Daario into the fray, somehow. I also think that Bronn is going to switch sides now - after all Jaime owes him two castles and he can't give him what he's owed if he's dead :P

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Miles_Warren said:

It was nice to see Tyrion and Dany realise how thick in the skull Jon Snow really is. All he had to do was lie to Cersei but no...he couldn't even do that. And this guy is the rightful heir to the Iron Throne? It was so satisfying seeing Tyrion and Dany scold Jon for his stupidity. I still don't think Jon will sit the Iron Throne though. I have a feeling he will trip over his laces and fall down the stairs just before he reaches the Iron Throne.

So basically, Jon Snow is the actor's character from 7 Days in Hell (which if you haven't seen, it's hilarious). :awesome:

Also, one thing I forgot to mention earlier, but they only killed off one major character in this episode (unless you REALLY think Tormund and Beric died off-screen, which I don't). At this rate they're going to have to kill off quite a few characters each episode in S8. Unless everyone still has plot armor and the show ends with Cersei, Dany, and Jon ruling as a peaceful triad, while singing kumbayah.

Edited by MosesRockefeller

50 minutes ago, HaSoOoN-MHD said:

Pyp's the guy who died from an arrow in the neck in Season 4, the Lord Commander is Edd

For some reason I always get confused with Pyp and Edd. Even when I wrote my comment I was thinking "Is the Lord Commander called Pyp or Edd?". I could've done a quick google search but I decided to take a gamble and post the comment as is....never again ;)

20 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

So basically, Jon Snow is the actor's character from 7 Days in Hell (which if you haven't seen, it's hilarious).

I didn't see it but I just looked it up. Andy Samberg is in it and he is golden in everything he does. Brooklyn 911 y'all. And yes, Jon Snow is just as dim witted as his character in that film.

21 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Also, one thing I forgot to mention earlier, but they only killed off one major character in this episode (unless you REALLY think Tormund and Beric died off-screen, which I don't). At this rate they're going to have to kill off quite a few characters each episode in S8. Unless everyone still has plot armor and the show ends with Cersei, Dany, and Jon ruling as a peaceful triad, while singing kumbayah.

Actually, thinking about it, but they did also kill off Olynna Tyrell. Ok, maybe not a major character but certainly one of the more popular characters in the show. Other than her and Littlefinger, the season really didn't kill off any other major characters. Sadly, this is what happens when the show strays away from the source material. If George R.R. Martin hadn't written the books in the first place, I imagine Ned Stark would still be alive and the Red Wedding would certainly have never happened. I also think that the final two books, Winds of Winter and Dream of Spring, will be completely different to the final three seasons of GoT with a few exceptions (Shireen getting sacrificed, R+L=J and Hodor's death actually making it to the books for example).