Game of Thrones S7 Discussion *SPOILERS*

ahmedelebiary

26 minutes ago, HaSoOoN-MHD said:

Link i got it from is gone soz m80

Oh well, patience is a virtue. Looks like I got to wait few more days for my GoT fix. 

Edit: nope, found another torrent that's full of seeder. 

Edited by MSIA_pokwee

19 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I mentioned this about 2 weeks ago. :P 

At this point, for the show's sake, I think the dragon's wouldn't be stopped by it. 

Oops!  I obviously missed it, sorry.

Edited by MooseSketts
double post

On 8/14/2017 at 5:08 PM, HaSoOoN-MHD said:

But why make it seven episodes if that wasn't enough for them? 3 more episodes giving those journeys an actual sense of place would have been more than welcome.

Viserys was far worse than the Tarlys ever could be yet Dany still named a dragon after him [the most polite one, actually] family are family in the end. I have a strong suspicion Jorah was reintroduced to the show as an introspective tool for Dany as a character - he will be disillusioned by her I think and that will be a turning point for her.

I have a feeling this have been overshadowed by the leak (personally I'm waiting until Monday morning like I always do), but I think the shortened season is down to budget, and spoiled actors and creators.

I have read multiple times that producers and actors complain about availability and so forth, and this is with a 10-episode season. Back in the day, Star Trek and the like had 26 episodes per season, and that's just how it worked. People need to suck it up IMO. Also, the argument was always that with short seasons you wouldn't have any filler, which has proven false with a lot of these shows. Less excuses, more action.

Okay, now that I'm off that side note, yeah Viserys was almost as evil as Ramsay. And that is interesting that his name lives on as a dragon.

You may be right about Jorah... I think he will always be loyal to Dany (while I think Tyrion could leave her if she got too crazy), but he could possibly influence her into being a better leader and person.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I have a feeling this have been overshadowed by the leak (personally I'm waiting until Monday morning like I always do), but I think the shortened season is down to budget, and spoiled actors and creators.

I have read multiple times that producers and actors complain about availability and so forth, and this is with a 10-episode season. Back in the day, Star Trek and the like had 26 episodes per season, and that's just how it worked. People need to suck it up IMO. Also, the argument was always that with short seasons you wouldn't have any filler, which has proven false with a lot of these shows. Less excuses, more action.

Okay, now that I'm off that side note, yeah Viserys was almost as evil as Ramsay. And that is interesting that his name lives on as a dragon.

You may be right about Jorah... I think he will always be loyal to Dany (while I think Tyrion could leave her if she got too crazy), but he could possibly influence her into being a better leader and person.

But Star Trek didn't have it's stars travelling all over the world nor was it an hour an episode [was it?]

I get availability and all but none of those actors would turn away their roles. Not a single one, even if it was still 10 episodes.

1 hour ago, HaSoOoN-MHD said:

But Star Trek didn't have it's stars travelling all over the world nor was it an hour an episode [was it?]

I get availability and all but none of those actors would turn away their roles. Not a single one, even if it was still 10 episodes.

Nah, it was the old standard of 45ish minutes (except the original which was 50 because ad time is now longer). But they record more than that anyway for any length of show, so I don't think that's really different. And it's not like any one actor is in an episode for most of its running time. 

You have a point about the location shooting, I don't usually think about that stuff. But even with shows without extensive location shooting, they are typically fewer episodes per season now. 

I dunno, I just feel like these things are mostly excuses. TV used to be a slog for the actors, and now it seems like it's gotten more glamorous and people are acting more entitled. Does anybody think these actors are flying Economy out to exotic filming locations? I doubt it. 

I won't say anything as it will spoil it for the majority. But Episode 6 is one amazing episode, biggest heart attack of the series so far and some truly amazing acting from three ones in particular. This isn't a spoiler what so ever but I'll put it in a spoiler tag for everyone super sensitive!

I could tell you in advance that its not only amazing in terms of action, setpieces etc. The dialogue is amazing and there is some dialogue that you didn't know you want until now.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bubblyfishes said:

That new episode... Well then. Not sure how I'm gonna last a week and a half without being able to see what happens next. 

Are we allowed to talk about the leaked one yet?

I don't know. There are a few people who still haven't seen it and are waiting until Monday to talk about it. We should probably respect that and keep the open discussion about Sunday's episode. I suppose we could discuss the leaked episode in spoilers until Sunday night if everybody is cool with that.

• Like 1

On 17-8-2017 at 10:02 AM, Miles_Warren said:

I don't know. There are a few people who still haven't seen it and are waiting until Monday to talk about it. We should probably respect that and keep the open discussion about Sunday's episode. I suppose we could discuss the leaked episode in spoilers until Sunday night if everybody is cool with that.

That seems fair to me, yeah. Good call.

13 hours ago, ahmedelebiary said:

Episode 7 script was leaked on reddit for some time now, but the episode isn`t. i hope it gets soon though because some idiots are already spoiling it all over Facebook, i barely managed to avoid any so far

Yeah, so I've heard... If people spoil things from the episode after it aired, that's one thing. That's on you for going on social media first (not talking about leaked episodes). But posting things from the script? That's foul. Stay safe brother. :D

Image result for the night is dark and full of spoilers

• Like 2

Just watched episode 5 and i thought that i cant be spoiled, lets get online again i said to myself and first motherfucking thing i see is spoiler for an episode that hasnt even come out yet, seriously fuck all the assholes that are spoiling leaked episodes, i recommend go under a rock or something and wait till you watch full season and then return.

• Like 1

Just now, ahmedelebiary said:

holy shit, are you serious man ? did they even write it ? 1f631.png

Yes they mentioned it.Well i still clicked it anyway,screw waiting.And i think they are legit,because they leaked this season's script last year and they are right so far.You might want to stay away from the internet for a year ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HaSoOoN-MHD said:

No that would be terrible IMO. The anticipation and theorizing is half the fun with this show

Nobody says you have to watch it all at once. They should just make it available for those who do want to, mostly to save themselves the embarassment of leaks (unless they're behind it themselves but that's another story, ha)

7 hours ago, Bubblyfishes said:

Nobody says you have to watch it all at once. They should just make it available for those who do want to, mostly to save themselves the embarassment of leaks (unless they're behind it themselves but that's another story, ha)

It has nothing to do with watching it at once theorizing has no meaning when the outcome is available. The reason GOT is such a cultural phenomenon isn't just because of the material itself but because of how much of a collective group experience it is. Everyone is one equal footing and that helps immensely. 

• Like 1

Just now, HaSoOoN-MHD said:

It has nothing to do with watching it at once theorizing has no meaning when the outcome is available. The reason GOT is such a cultural phenomenon isn't just because of the material itself but because of how much of a collective group experience it is. Everyone is one equal footing and that helps immensely. 

there can still be plenty of theorizing in between season breaks, and the other things you mentioned. not just in between episodes. the time between season breaks allows for a huge window of time for coming up with theories. it allows the user to carefully rewatch material, notice irregularities, etc. every weekly episode there's another chance of voiding a theory.

besides, the script leaked as well so you can be spoiled that way too if you aren't wary. with a netflix type model this wouldn't be an issue. also the amount of people who'd binge it would surprise you. i think after a week tops almost everyone would be caught up.

A scrip leak is something the large majority will avoid but all the episodes being legally and easily available is not. There is huge excitement around weekly episodes and that's shared by many, many people and you simply won't have that when it's all released at once.

I actually think that GOT is a very good binge show but something huge will be lost if they follow the digital distributor model of putting it all out at once.