Official confimation: The games have been made harder

RachelCharlotte

45 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Nope.

You can save whenever and retry bonus levels unlimited times. It's a box of piss comparatively.

1. That's a cool reaction to "Statement" + "Proof", 'Nope.' ?

2. This was about the whole trilogy, not just the one game in which a few levels have been made a little easier but which remains pretty brutal at some of the most difficult parts.

• Like 1

I figured they would address this with a patch, but it looks like they have no intention of doing that. They didn't mention fixing it anyway. Oh well, it may be slightly harder to make jumps than it was in the originals, but it's not like they were anything crazy to begin with. The new save system and what not balances it out I'm sure.

Neither of those sources say it's harder, just different. Different doesn't equal harder.

I haven't noticed any real difference, I'm not finding it overly hard, and I honestly think it's just that people aren't as good at these games as they maybe think they should be.

I only got the game yesterday and haven't had a whole lot of time to play, but I think it's fine so far.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fisty123 said:

Really need to start playing these to see just how much "harder" these games are.
I kept waiting for the DLC but no idea when that will be coming.

The link posted in OP teases some Crash news for today, which is probably the DLC finally unless they already have Crash Team Racing hidden up their sleeve.

3 hours ago, madbuk said:

The link posted in OP teases some Crash news for today, which is probably the DLC finally unless they already have Crash Team Racing hidden up their sleeve.

There has been a lot of support for Crash Team Racing, They might do it but that would be a quick turn around. Then again ride the popular wave while it is high I guess.

But it's not. It's easier.

The only reason some things are "harder" is due to technical problems, like the hit detection in the first game in particular. That's not them "making it harder" that's just them not polishing the first game well enough so it's artificially more difficult than it would be otherwise if it was functioning as it should. If it functioned as it should, then it'd be universally easier in every aspect. But even with the technical issues it's still easier.

Hell if you're shit enough the game will add checkpoint boxes for you.

The game is harder when it comes to poor hit detection and collision boxes. Whether that affects you as much as the next person is irrelevant; the building blocks have caused the game to be potentially a lot less forgiving than it used to be. This usually doesn't become noticeable until you attempt the relics. If you just want to finish the game like any other game, then it would be easier considering the saving, check points, etc. If you go for 100%? Now it gets harder.

In Crash Bandicoot 1, the game was never meant to have speed runs, and it shows. Some of the times are just silly and require too much precision to be considered enjoyable, and some are too easy and allow you to mess up constantly. It's incredibly inconsistent. The gameplay/level design in Crash 1 do not compliment a time trial system very well at all, and it shows.  Add the goofy hitboxes and collision detection to this newly added requirement of perfection and you have yourself a potentially more difficult game.

• Like 1

these statement was claimed only to have some excuse why they won't fix it. Original physics were perfect (cause levels was designed to it). And now levels are recreated with 100% accuracy but physics isn't. So let's say that it was our plan.

I fear that if they remake CTR they can lose original physics too...

Edited by PlayAsGod