DesmaBR

Stormy Ascent (Crash 1 DLC) is now available on PSN

73 posts in this topic

I grabbed the DLC the other day, figured, might as well grab it while it's free.  But no download for it... I guess it just shows up in the game then right? Just asking as I've not gotten around to playing more Crash 1 yet, been playing a bit of FF12 is all, which is why I'm curious about the whole grabbing this DLC sort of thing.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

I grabbed the DLC the other day, figured, might as well grab it while it's free.  But no download for it... I guess it just shows up in the game then right? Just asking as I've not gotten around to playing more Crash 1 yet, been playing a bit of FF12 is all, which is why I'm curious about the whole grabbing this DLC sort of thing.

You can go to the Expansions section of your game. If it says "Installed" it's installed

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DesmaBR said:

You can go to the Expansions section of your game. If it says "Installed" it's installed

Well, I know it says "Purchased" in the store itself, but I can always check later on anyway.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DrakeHellsing said:

Well, I know it says "Purchased" in the store itself, but I can always check later on anyway.

On your PS4, press down when highlighting the game and go to the last section. It should say "Expansions: 1"; check there and it will say if it's installed or not

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DesmaBR said:

On your PS4, press down when highlighting the game and go to the last section. It should say "Expansions: 1"; check there and it will say if it's installed or not

Yeah, I know about that, I check that feature every so often.  My PS4 isn't on at the moment is all, so I shall check it when I jump back on again :D

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DrakeHellsing said:

Yeah, I know about that, I check that feature every so often.  My PS4 isn't on at the moment is all, so I shall check it when I jump back on again :D

Fair enough

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2017 at 11:57 AM, DennisWilles said:

No, I stated my opinion because I didn't know. Seemed reasonable that they would cut out content.. which is what they did. Same difference really.

 

"Free" if it was truly free, which it isn't. For a limited time. If you bought the game, you should have the right to access its full content indefinitely. Stop trying to justify this bullshit, because of people like you they get away with it.

I'll explain to you why they're "getting away with it".

 

DLC is, factually, one of the best things that has happened to this industry as of late. Videogames are becoming more and more expensive to create because of thousands of factors; weakening US Dollar, increase in cost of living, larger teams required who all need large salaries to sustain their lives, license fees, distribution fees, etc. However, compare the price of videogames today to the price of videogames back in the 90's. You'll notice that they have become cheaper, even if inflation has caused the currencies to weaken over the last decade. $60-$70 in 1994 would be about $100 today, but games are still $60. Chrono Trigger on the SNES in 1995 was $79.99, before taxes. So roughly $86. That's a few dollars shy of $140 in 2017. 

DLC has enabled games to generate more revenue out of existing IPs, causing the industry to generate money on something that would otherwise have no sustainable revenue growth. Without ways to make more money, we don't get more games. DLC is something that allows EA, Activision, Sony, TakeTwo, Square, etc to generate enough income to stay afloat, innovate, and continue to publish titles such as this trilogy (something that has no immediate guaranteed revenue stream like, say, Battlefield or Uncharted).

 

I've said this before; become a shareholder. Not a complainer. Microtransactions and DLC allow companies to continue to generate revenue, employ people, publish content, and exist to begin with. Purchase shares of Activision-Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), EA (NASDAQ: EA), or TakeTwo (NASDAQ: TTWO). Maybe even consider powerhouse NVIDIA once it comes down a bit. Support the business and profit from it. Right now they're slightly overvalued, but wait for the next market correction and jump in. Gaming and e-sports are just now taking off, and these companies are positioned to grow strong with it.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2017 at 1:02 AM, Kapika96 said:

Got the gem, went from 99 lives down to 71 for it :D

 

The relic is going to brutal. Why can't they allow checkpoints for them? Having to do it without dying? :( Anybody done it yet? How forgiving are the time requirements, would absolutely hate to actually beat the level without dying only to find I wasn't fast enough.

 

Not sure why you complain... In the original game you had to get all the crates without dying, the checkpoints would not save the crates you had smashed so far in the level. xD I think the 2D sections have been fixed too, so you can't fall off on the sides (going against and away from the screen too much). Then there was the saving... (had to get a clear gem, or beat one of the limited bonus rounds to save)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the heads up, i'm loving this game but damn it's difficult in some parts! 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Paige-ID said:

I'll explain to you why they're "getting away with it".

 

DLC is, factually, one of the best things that has happened to this industry as of late. Videogames are becoming more and more expensive to create because of thousands of factors; weakening US Dollar, increase in cost of living, larger teams required who all need large salaries to sustain their lives, license fees, distribution fees, etc. However, compare the price of videogames today to the price of videogames back in the 90's. You'll notice that they have become cheaper, even if inflation has caused the currencies to weaken over the last decade. $60-$70 in 1994 would be about $100 today, but games are still $60. Chrono Trigger on the SNES in 1995 was $79.99, before taxes. So roughly $86. That's a few dollars shy of $140 in 2017. 

DLC has enabled games to generate more revenue out of existing IPs, causing the industry to generate money on something that would otherwise have no sustainable revenue growth. Without ways to make more money, we don't get more games. DLC is something that allows EA, Activision, Sony, TakeTwo, Square, etc to generate enough income to stay afloat, innovate, and continue to publish titles such as this trilogy (something that has no immediate guaranteed revenue stream like, say, Battlefield or Uncharted).

 

I've said this before; become a shareholder. Not a complainer. Microtransactions and DLC allow companies to continue to generate revenue, employ people, publish content, and exist to begin with. Purchase shares of Activision-Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), EA (NASDAQ: EA), or TakeTwo (NASDAQ: TTWO). Maybe even consider powerhouse NVIDIA once it comes down a bit. Support the business and profit from it. Right now they're slightly overvalued, but wait for the next market correction and jump in. Gaming and e-sports are just now taking off, and these companies are positioned to grow strong with it.

Man don't remind me LOL.  I was old enough to but the 1st PlayStation when it first came out, which is equivalent to just under $500 now :facepalm:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MMDE said:

 

Not sure why you complain... In the original game you had to get all the crates without dying, the checkpoints would not save the crates you had smashed so far in the level. xD I think the 2D sections have been fixed too, so you can't fall off on the sides (going against and away from the screen too much). Then there was the saving... (had to get a clear gem, or beat one of the limited bonus rounds to save)

I never got past Papu Papu in the original game. Played much more of Crash 2/3. So yeah, I'm very glad it was made more like them in many aspects :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kapika96 said:

I never got past Papu Papu in the original game. Played much more of Crash 2/3. So yeah, I'm very glad it was made more like them in many aspects :)

 

Crash 2 was by far the easiest. :P Yeah, I wanted them to fix the saving, the 2D shit, and the checkpoints saving crates smashed. That is really the only changes I wanted in this remake. :) Glad they did that. I have yet to get the games though. :( Haven't had the time to play them anyways, and now I might as well wait for a price drop. Gonna be lovely to 100% them though. Love my platformers, and the CB games were great. :) Still want a remake of the first Rayman game too. And Tombi 1 and 2. :D Or Spyro 1-3 :D Or even Crash Team Racing with online functionality :D  fuck Jak X, that game was the worst Naughty Dog ever did by far.

Edited by MMDE
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MMDE said:

 

I think the 2D sections have been fixed too, so you can't fall off on the sides (going against and away from the screen too much).

 

How is that an improvement? I don't see how using the analogue stick in this situations could benefit you and otherwise there is no problem. On the other hand, with 3D movement possible, you could often jump around obstacles in the original games.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys so my goal was reached :D so proud.

 

My main tip is indeed the same as high road, learn the segment by heart and use the d pad, the close calls are indeed Midway through the level, if you somehow best the second climb you're good to go, 

 

 

 

Here's my time :D

 

Forgot to tag my fellow @Razza the moment when you reach the finish line and still have time to best high road waiting for it to arrive :P

Edited by Mah2c
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only got the gem for Stormy Ascent. I began with 97 lives and ended the level with 1 life. I was so sure I wasted 90+ lives trying to clear the level that I began to concede defeat. Thankfully I made it (somehow!) on my last life. I was doing so well until that very last checkpoint. Firstly, I couldn't time it right jumping on the platforms that are moving in and out. Secondly those damn birds always got the best of me. Must've wasted 60+ lives trying to get from the last checkpoint to the finish.

 

I will try my hand at the relic at a later stage. My focus for now is the platinum. Clearly I am not as good at Crash as some of you guys 😂

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mah2c said:

Hey guys so my goal was reached :D so proud.

 

My main tip is indeed the same as high road, learn the segment by heart and use the d pad, the close calls are indeed Midway through the level, if you somehow best the second climb you're good to go, 

 

 

 

Here's my time :D

 

Forgot to tag my fellow @Razza the moment when you reach the finish line and still have time to best high road waiting for it to arrive :P

 

Damn it.... I have no idea how you managed to even ace it this well :P every time I had a run like this I would die at the second point of stairs climbing :( 

 

here's my less impressive run although it is still good enough for the trophy :D 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Razza said:

 

Damn it.... I have no idea how you managed to even ace it this well :P every time I had a run like this I would die at the second point of stairs climbing :( 

 

here's my less impressive run although it is still good enough for the trophy :D 

 

 

Awesome video, mine was indeed learning the stage, most if not all the platforms can be synched.

Although I wouldn't recommend this path as a learning experience, most of then will be clear if you're bold enough to go for it. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The video above proves that rush is not the key.

Just relax, take some time and gold is there

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/07/2017 at 1:48 PM, Mah2c said:

Hey guys so my goal was reached :D so proud.

 

My main tip is indeed the same as high road, learn the segment by heart and use the d pad, the close calls are indeed Midway through the level, if you somehow best the second climb you're good to go, 

 

 

 

Here's my time :D

 

Forgot to tag my fellow @Razza the moment when you reach the finish line and still have time to best high road waiting for it to arrive :P

 

Fantastic run. I've gotten to the end in roughly the same time (~3 minutes) but those 3 birds at the very end always seem to have gone 'out-of-sync' with each other and don't quite line up right, and the last bird to jump on ends up just a bit too far away from the platform. Will give it another few tries later.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, BOT-Brad said:

 

Fantastic run. I've gotten to the end in roughly the same time (~3 minutes) but those 3 birds at the very end always seem to have gone 'out-of-sync' with each other and don't quite line up right, and the last bird to jump on ends up just a bit too far away from the platform. Will give it another few tries later.

 

Thanks mate, don't forget to check the guide here on PSNP :D

 

I wrote down the strategy while using the videos as source. Keep X always pressed for a extra thrust in jump. 

 

Crash Bandicoot Lost Treasures

Edited by Mah2c
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Mah2c That shortcut you take halfway through is awesome. It looks quite easy to execute and I might be able to get the gold relic thanks to that.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GTRP_Lancerlover said:

@Mah2c That shortcut you take halfway through is awesome. It looks quite easy to execute and I might be able to get the gold relic thanks to that.

 

Glad was helpful, it's indeed a 3-4 seconds of free time with the shortcut. :D

Not to mention a scientist and stairs short with it. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only attempted the gem trophy. Started with 98 lives and finally finished it about 3 hours later with just 11 left. Given that I probably earned 10+ lives during the level that means I lost about 100 lives just completing this level. Yep I pretty much suck. 

 

Not even going to try for the relic trophy. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.