Fall 2017 Backlog Challenge

4 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Already have.  Neither has been very helpful and the Sony rep nearly made the problem worse by suggesting a database rebuild for this issue.  Good thing I've done that before and knew it wipes trophies or I would have been downright infuriated.

Yea, that'd be bad. Don't do that until they fix it! xD

• Like 1

Tearaway Unfolded - 21%

Pyre - 10%

Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime - 8%

Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy - 71%
Oceanhorn - 0%

LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens - 21%

Child of Light - 19%

Boss beaten in Jak and Daxter so just got a collectible hunt left on that now. I'll probably take a break from it for the rest of the week before returning though.

Child of Light is a new addition to my list based on it being on Plus; I know it wasn't the Vita version but I think it suits the Vita better. I've enjoyed it so far but think I need a bit more time in it to love it.

New Update:

1. The Bureau: XCOM Declassified (PS3) - 0%

2. The Last Tinker (PS4) - 19%

3. Lollipop Chainsaw (PS3) - 8% =>14%

4. LA Noire (PS3) - 0%

5. Master Reboot (PS3) - 17% => 100% :platinum:

6. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (PS4) - 100% :platinum:

7. Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride (PS4) - 100% :platinum:

8.Root Letter (PS4) - 100% :platinum:

9. Siegecraft Commander (PS4) - 100% :platinum:

10. Ms. Pac-Man (PS4) 100% :platinum:

11. Duke Nukem 3D (PS4) - 42% => 100% :platinum:

12. Albedo Eyes from OuterSpace (PS4) - 0% => 15%

13. Black and White Bushido (PS4) - 0% => 100%  :platinum:

Beat Master Reboot last night. Made a little progress in Lollipop Chainsaw, should have it beat on hard tonight. I'll try to platinum Albedo before the end of the month and see how far I get in Lollopop Chainsaw.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yomako01 said:

May I add Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair, as I wait for my Nonary games to arrive?

Fate/Hollow Axteria (Vita) 0 --> 100% :platinum:

Superdimension Neptune vs. Sega Hard Girls (Vita) 100% :platinum:

AIR (Vita) 100% :platinum:

Final Fantasy: Type 0 HD Remaster (PS4) 100% :platinum:

The Nonary Games (Vita)

Yep. You can add games at any time. Just can't take any away anymore.

• Like 1

1. Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana 0% 91% (46 out of 51 trophies)

2. htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary 19% (7 of 25 trophies)

3. Time & Eternity 18% (7 of 30 trophies)

4. Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny 10% (7 of 30 trophies)

5. Ateilier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland 8% (6 of 38 trophies)

6. Kingdom Hearts 15% (11 of 56 trophies)

7. Kingdom Hearts II 2% (2 of 51 trophies)

8. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch 2% (2 of 34 trophies)

9. Final Fantasy XIII 4% (3 of 36 trophies)

10. Resonance of Fate 4% (3 of 49 trophies)

11. Eiyuu Densetsu: Sen no Kiseki III 0% (0 out of 53 trophies)

12. Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony 0% (0 out of 41 trophies)

I was seriously mostly joking about the whole let's take bets on whether I'd plat the game before the syncing issue is resolved, but now I'm actually getting pretty close.  Only trophies that remain are the ones for 100 flash guards and flash movies, maxing all the skills, beating the game on nightmare and one trophy for playing as a character now.  Started a nightmare NG+ run since I finished getting all the gear and can grind skill levels and flash guards/moves while playing at least  So glad though to see that DR3 and Sen 3 have trophy lists on here already so hopefully no issues there.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

I was seriously mostly joking about the whole let's take bets on whether I'd plat the game before the syncing issue is resolved, but now I'm actually getting pretty close.  Only trophies that remain are the ones for 100 flash guards and flash movies, maxing all the skills, beating the game on nightmare and one trophy for playing as a character now.  Started a nightmare NG+ run since I finished getting all the gear and can grind skill levels and flash guards/moves while playing at least  So glad though to see that DR3 and Sen 3 have trophy lists on here already so hopefully no issues there.

Just saw that the NA Ys8 list is up. You must feel relieved!

Time for my inconsistent updating

Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry 15% (3/12)

Ultra Despair Girls (Vita) 21% -> 34% (22/36)

Lego Batman 3 (Vita) 18%

Nightmare from the Deep 100% (16/16)

Steins;Gate (Vita) 41% -> 100% (42/42)

Jak and Daxter 100% (39/39)

Steins;Gate.  Wow.  It may have jumped to my second favorite VN I have ever played (Virtue's Last Reward still has yet to be topped for me).  Even though they weren't the true endings, the character endings were fantastic.  The true ending was so well written, and I will be thinking about it for quite some time.  I have a complete one 180 on my views of all the characters, especially Okabe.  He turned into a great protag and a very honorable character. I'll have to give Steins;Gate 0 a look now.

Just finished Chapter 4 of Ultra Despair Girls.  Pretty good game.  The controls feel a bit sluggish at times, but all around pretty fun.  The story doesn't compare to the first 2 games in my opinion, but I am expecting a twist in the final chapter.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

1. Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana 0% 91% (46 out of 51 trophies)

12. Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony 0% (0 out of 41 trophies)

Looks like the list is finally up on PSN's servers, so should start showing up. :)

1. Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana 0% 95% (48 out of 51 trophies)

12. Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony 0% 1% (1 out of 41 trophies)

And now you guys can see I wasn't totally kidding about my Ys VIII trophies.  I was only 2 away from getting the plat before the list finally was put up on PSN.  Also looks like right now at least I have the most of the NA version owners and it kept my timestamps intact.  Only trophies left are for beating on nightmare and maxing out all the skills now.

Also started Danganronpa V3 last night, but just did the prologue before going back to Ys 8 some more.  Also looks like I'm getting close to my 2,000th trophy milestone and chances are high that it will be a trophy in Japanese since it's likely to end up being a Sen 3 trophy.  Kind of amusing to me because 1500 was from CS2 and my 20th plat was SC Evo's and first plat and trophy was Ys MoC.  Lots of Falcom in there among my milestones which is fine by me!

• Like 3

Finished Metro 2033 Redux today.

Going to start Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered tonight. Should be fairly quick, although Veteran difficulty will probably be a little challenging.

Let's just saying I'm not looking forward to Mile High Club. ?

Wednesday, September 27th, 2017

1. Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered - 0/51 trophies

2. Crash Bandicoot - 0/23 trophies base game, 0/2 trophies DLC

3. Assassins Creed Syndicate - 4/50 trophies base game, 0/7 trophies DLC

4. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - 0/50 trophies

5. Velocity Ultra - 0/31 trophies

Edited by Spaz

2 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

1. Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana 0% 95% (48 out of 51 trophies) 

How is the game, do you recommend it?

2 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Your list is easily both the most impressive and ambitious?. I've only just achieved the 100% on FF13 after buying it back at launch. My advice (whatever it's worth): set aside some time for it, mainly the brutal post-game grind which broke my resolve to push through it on many occasions until recently. Best of luck with it.

40 minutes ago, paranoia_agent85 said:

Your list is easily both the most impressive and ambitious1f44d.png. I've only just achieved the 100% on FF13 after buying it back at launch. My advice (whatever it's worth): set aside some time for it, mainly the brutal post-game grind which broke my resolve to push through it on many occasions until recently. Best of luck with it.

Oh, it's pretty much all my stuff that qualifies for the event and the new releases I got this time around.  Plats would be nice and I plan to get there eventually, but I'm mostly aiming for just progress overall.  I'll probably plat maybe 5 games at most, but I'm not sure which so I just added them all.  I know JRPGs tend to have a lot of grinding towards the end, either in filling out some book or log or obtained all the stuff or whatever.  I actually dread Resonance of Fate far more because the battle system in the game just makes no sense to me

Ys 8 is pretty dang fun though.  I'm a huge fan of Falcom games in general with Ys and Legend of Heroes being my two favorite series and Ys 8 is definitely one of the better Ys entries and Ys is just in my eyes the best action RPG series there is.  It's a pretty reasonable platinum and just a fun game in general.  I'd definitely recommend to give it a shot.

• Like 1

Dragon Quest Builders - 100%

Tokyo Xanadu - 7%

Uncharted Lost Legacy 100%

Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth - 35%

Ys VIII 0 - 88% > 100%

Platted Ys VIII - took 64 hours but some of that was idling to get the 5 hours play for character trophies. Nightmare run on NG+ was about right in difficulty, fights really trivial to begin with but some hard encounters towards the end (with right equipment and elixirs these were simple though). Stressful bits as a plat hunter: ensuring I was going to get the true ending on my NG+ speed run and 100% everything on my blind run. Would recommend the game to anyone. 

Spoiler

Griselda a best!!!

Going to chill with unlisted danganronpa for now and pick up Utaware again soon.

• Like 2

On 9/26/2017 at 1:31 PM, booshy_89 said:

Boss beaten in Jak and Daxter so just got a collectible hunt left on that now. I'll probably take a break from it for the rest of the week before returning though.

This has not been the case at all - currently powering through them as best as I can, just got Volcanic Crater, Spider Cave, Lava Tube and Gol & Maia's Citadel to finish off. Following a few guides for the locations of some items if I've been round the area a few times and can't see what I'm missing. Hoping to have this done by the weekend really.

Then Oceanhorn can start - I'm just trying to clear some of my Vita titles so I can buy Vostok Inc (which will probably get added to my list).

1. Resident Evil 5 (63% ---> 71%) - (48/71 Trophies ---> 50/71 Trophies)

2. Resident Evil 6 (0%) - (0/71 Trophies)

3. Uncharted 2 Remastered (0% ---> 53%) - (0/53 Trophies ---> 29/53 Trophies)

4. Uncharted 3 Remastered (0%) - (0/59 Trophies)

5. N.E.R.O. (0% ---> 100%) - (0/24 Trophies ---> 24/24 Trophies)

6. Grim Fandango Remastered (100%) - (48/48 Trophies)

7. Tearaway Unfolded (0%) - (0/35 Trophies)

8. CoD Infinite Warfare (0%) - (0/51 Trophies, just the basegame)

9. Tales of Berseria (0%) - (0/51 Trophies)

10. Gravity Rush Remastered (100%) - (64/64 Trophies)

11. inFamous First Light (100%) - (25/25 Trophies)

12. Lara Croft GO (0%) - (0/18 Trophies)

Ok, finished the "Crushing" run in Uncharted 2 and also started the "Brutal" run yesterday, will hopefully get the 100% this weekend^^

Also finished my "Professional" run in Resi 5, only need to upgrade the last two weapons.

N.E.R.O. platinum only took me 1,5h (23th place for fastest achiever :D).

I added Lara Croft GO to my list, since i grabbed it from the last sale and I want to have it done the next few weeks.

Edited by MuzzleTea
  • Like 2

Tearaway Unfolded - 31%

Pyre - 10%

Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime - 8%

Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy - 100% :platinum:
Oceanhorn - 0%

LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens - 28%

Child of Light - 19%

(At time of writing not synced to PSN)

My first completion of the event is Jak and Daxter - I actually didn't find this as bad as everyone seems to say on forums. The collectibles certainly weren't too troublesome and it's not that tricky to adapt to the slightly odd camera/controls. A good experience and I may look at Jak 2 at a later date.

LEGO Star Wars is my next priority where I've just completed Chapter 8.

Just trying to keep my unearned under 3,200 at the moment so will wait a short while to start Oceanhorn - only four trophies until that.

• Like 2

Friday update! All in all, this was a pretty epic week for me. I finished Crash 1 (couldn't add it to this list since I began it on August 30 ☹️), finished Crash 2, nearly finished Crash 3, played probably the world's most depressing game in Dead Synchronicity, and somehow completed five playthroughs in Resident Evil. That was a lot of fun. Just as a reminder: I've left a single trophy in each game so I can platinum them all on Halloween. I'm still considering them done for the purposes of this event.

1. The Escapists: The Walking Dead (23/25 l 97%)
  2. Metro: Last Light Redux (48/50 l 98%)
  3. South Park: The Stick of Truth (49/51 l 98%)
  4. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (25/25 l 80% --> 100%)
  5. The Deadly Tower of Monsters (22/24 l 98%)
  6. Crash Bandicoot: Warped (14/250% --> 62%)
  7. Dead Synchronicity (23/25 0% --> 91%)
  8. Resident Evil (43/45 0% --> 96%)

I'm just adding any game I begin during the event to my list. I hope that's okay. The only games left on my original list are Claire and The Evil Within. I own them both, but I'm not sure I'll have time to get to The Evil Within. If I do, it might have to be in November. We'll see if I'm sick of spooky games by then.

As for this coming week... My goals are to finish Crash 3 (14 gems and 10 time trials to go), begin Resident Evil Revelations, and begin/finish Claire.

• Like 4

Haven't updated in a couple of weeks... Haven't made too much progress, been working on some PRD games. Just started up Life Is Strange tonight though. I did spontaneously buy Day of the Tentacle on the last sale, so I'll add that to my list.

1. God of War (Vita) - 14% (9/36)
  2. 101 Ways to Die - 0% (0/31)
  3. Batman: A Telltale Games Series - 0% (0/31)
  4. God of War II (Vita) - 0% (0/35)
  5. Life Is Strange - 0% (0/61) 4% (3/61)
  6. Arcade Game Series: Ms. Pac-Man 100% (21/21)
  7. Day of the Tentacle 100% - (58/58)
Edited by hotdog_president
  • Like 1

New Update:

1. The Bureau: XCOM Declassified (PS3) - 0%

2. The Last Tinker (PS4) - 19%

3. Lollipop Chainsaw (PS3) - 14% =>42%

4. LA Noire (PS3) - 0%

5. Master Reboot (PS3) - 17% => 100% :platinum:

6. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (PS4) - 100% :platinum:

7. Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride (PS4) - 100% :platinum:

8.Root Letter (PS4) - 100% :platinum:

9. Siegecraft Commander (PS4) - 100% :platinum:

10. Ms. Pac-Man (PS4) 100% :platinum:

11. Duke Nukem 3D (PS4) - 42% => 100% :platinum:

12. Albedo Eyes from OuterSpace (PS4) - 15% => 100% :platinum:

13. Black and White Bushido (PS4) - 0% => 100%  :platinum:

Finished Albedo. Strange little game, but I liked the premise. Also made a bunch of progress in Lollipop Chainsaw. Albedo looks to be my last platinum for the month unless I pull out something spectacular tomorrow, but all in all a good month for me. 9 total platinums. At this pace I should be able to max out at 20 again in this challenge.

• Like 4

Progress update:

1. Resident Evil Revelations 2 (PS4) - 11% 
  2. Oxenfree (PS4) - 100% 
  3. Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen (PS4) - October Release  
  4. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3) - 21% 
  5. Final Fantasy X-2 HD (PS3) - 16% 
  6. The Last of Us (PS3) - 4% - UP--> 26%
  7. Ni No Kuni (PS3) - 7% - UP--> 11%

Pretty slow progress this time. I've been dividing my time between The Last of Us and Ni No Kuni. I'm glad to have all of the collectible related trophies out of the way on The Last of Us and as for Ni No Kuni, I'm just taking my time with it and finding myself really enjoying the game a lot more than when I first tried it years ago. Kind of getting me hyped for the sequel to be honest.

• Like 1

1. Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair - :platinum:
  2. Danganronpa: Ultra Despair Girls (0%)
  3. Final Fantasy Type-0 (0%)
  4. Dragon Quest Builders (3%)
  5. Unravel (0%)
  6. The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 :platinum:
  7. The Awakened Fate Ultimatum (11%)
  8. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (0%)
  9. Tales of Zestiria (12%)
  10. Time and Eternity (5%) - I think

Platted Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair. I think I'll do Unravel next but am not sure. 

• Like 3

On Wednesday, August 09, 2017 at 11:58 PM, alte_muehle91 said:

PSVita

• A Rose in the Twilight (6/29 l 10% >>> 26/29 l 87%)
  • CollarxMalice (37/37 l 100%) :platinum:
  • Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception (44/44 l 100%) :platinum:

PS4

• Kingdom Hearts (40/56 l 68% >>> 53/56 l 88%)
  • Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories (0/48 l 0% >>> 3/48 l 4%)

Almost done with A Rose in the Twilight. I'm currently working on the Time Attack trophies. My time is 2:22 now, the target time is 1:20. There are still some stages left that haven't touched yet.

This game was quite lovely. The story is simple but touching and I like the artwork. There are better puzzle games than this game, but it was nice for what it was.

As for Kingdom Hearts I completed my proud mode run and I did everything there is to do. I even did all the Gummi missions just for completions sake. The only trophies left are the speedrun one and the trophy for never changing equipment. I started a second playthrough for these two trophies and will continue playing this whenever I get tired of Chain of Memories.

I started CoM and completed the first two worlds. I completely forgot that there are two boss fights in the Colliseum, went in unprepared without saving and lost. I hadn't saved in quite a while so I chose to continue. Will have to do the Undefeated trophy with Riku. orz

First month of the challenge is over and I'm confident I can complete my list!

Edited by alte_muehle91