Fall 2017 Backlog Challenge

On Wednesday, August 09, 2017 at 11:58 PM, alte_muehle91 said:

PSVita

• A Rose in the Twilight (0/29 l 0%)
  • CollarxMalice (0/37 l 0% >>> 20/37 l 32%)
  • Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception (37/44 l 66% >>> 44/44 l 100%:platinum:

PS4

• Kingdom Hearts (21/56 l 30% >>> 29/56 l 52%)
  • Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories (0/48 l 0%)

Third Update.

I completed Utawarerumono. It took a little longer than expected, because I had to grind some BP. Overall the game was still pretty easy. I don't think I'll buy Mask of Truth though.

After that I started Collar x Malice. I finished two routes and I'm currently in the middle of Takerus route. Really liking this game, definetly one of the better Otome games. I even prefer this over Code:Realize, because I like the setting more.

As for Kingdom Hearts I beat the games story and did the majority of synthesis material farming. Not much left in that regard. I have still lots of other stuff to do like the bonus bosses, some cups and the bonus worlds. I think I might be done with this game by the end of september.

I also just bought Ys VIII. Not starting this before I platinum'd Kingdom Hearts though.

• Like 1

Weekend update

Dragon Quest Builders - 100%

Tokyo Xanadu - 7%

Uncharted Lost Legacy 100%

Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth - 35%

Ys VIII 0 - 18% 

Ys is fun, though starting to feel worn out having spent maybe 12-15 hours on it over the weekend. Going slow to not miss anything then I'll blitz (bearing in mind I need to still be quite completionist in order to get the true ending) on nightmare. 

• Like 1

1. Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana 0% 17% (11 out of 51 trophies)

2. htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary 19% (7 of 25 trophies)

3. Time & Eternity 18% (7 of 30 trophies)

4. Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny 10% (7 of 30 trophies)

5. Ateilier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland 8% (6 of 38 trophies)

6. Kingdom Hearts 15% (11 of 56 trophies)

7. Kingdom Hearts II 2% (2 of 51 trophies)

8. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch 2% (2 of 34 trophies)

9. Final Fantasy XIII 4% (3 of 36 trophies)

10. Resonance of Fate 4% (3 of 49 trophies)

11. Eiyuu Densetsu: Sen no Kiseki III 0% (unreleased)

Made some good progress in Ys 8, though I still can't sync trophies for it.  Just finished chapter 3 and I got the trophy for beating 2000 enemies as well along the way.  That last boss battle in chapter 3 was really amazing and probably one of the best designed battles I've seen in the series.  I also loved the leadup where you saw that thing in the beginning of the chapter and knew you had no way to defeat it and then as you progress you find a way and then can kick its butt.

Also went ahead and added Sen no Kiseki III to my list since I've now preordered it and have a PS4 on the way as well.  Hopefully I can finish Ys 8 before it arrives.  And I'm probably nuts for having my first game on the PS4 be something in Japanese, but I only could afford one game and that's what I wanted the most.

• Like 3

Update #3:

1. 1f532.png Abyss Odyssey (PS3)0% - [0/14]
  2. 1f532.png ABZU (PS4): 0% - [0/12]
  3. 1f532.png Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry (PS4)0% - [0/12]
  4. 1f532.png Costume Quest 2 (PS3): 0% - [0/18]
  5. 1f532.png F1 2017 (PS4)70% => 85% - [46/51]
  6. 1f532.png Game of Thrones (PS4)0% - [0/49]
  7. 1f532.png God of War: Ascension (PS3)1% - [1/36]
  8. 1f532.png Marvel Ultimate Alliance (PS4)22% - [16/59]
  9. 1f532.png Stories: The Path of Destinies (PS4): 0% => 82% - [35/38]
  10. 1f532.png Tokyo Jungle (PS3)0% - [0/13]
  11. 2611.png Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark (PS4)100% - [51/51]

Seems like I made a lot of progress but not really. I had a shitty week, people pissing me off, hit with a ton of work, my GS acc hacked (thankfully resolved). Got through 8 plays of Stories: TPoD (great game) and a few races in F1. That's not a lot considering I did most of it on Sunday. I think most of the bad juju is behind me so it should be good going forward.

Goal for next week: Stories plat and a bit of F1 (3+ seasons to go).

Edited by DizzyDavidson
  • Like 3

The third week is over - that means, there's an update incoming!

1. Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (PS3) 0% [0/56]
  2. Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories (PS3) 3% [2/48]
  3. Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3) 8% [5/32]
  4. LEGO The Lord of the Rings (PS3) 16% [11/49]
  5. Diablo III (PS3) 26% → 30% [17/46]
  6. Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando (PS3) 16% → 25% [16/35]
  7. Final Fantasy X HD (PS3/Vita) 9% [5/34]
  8. MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death (Vita) 4% [3/37]
  9. LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens (PS3) 0% [0/70 including DLC]
  10. Day of the Tentacle Remastered (Vita) 0% [0/58]
  11. Color Guardians (Vita) 0% [0/46]
  12. Type:Rider (Vita) 100% [all 12 trophies]
  13. Severed (Vita) 0% [0/25]
  14. LEGO Batman 2 (Vita) 60% → 100% [all 32 trophies] :platinum:

Side note: completed games are written in blue.

So... LEGO Batman 2 finally finished! The Justice League missions are frustrating when you're really eager to get them done, but when you think you won't get gold, you can surprise yourself. Really a fun game (much like all the other LEGO games in general) and definitely a plat which is worth the time. In Diablo III, however, I got to start the 4th and final act but I'm stuck right at the start. It isn't fun to get killed in this game and then HAVE to start from the town again -.- In that case, I switched to Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando - the second of the three classical Ratchet & Clank games. Did some of the skill points in the days there to work my way towards the gold trophy for getting all of them. Story-wise, I think I'm gonna get close to the end of the game, thus beating it for the first sime since I played it on PS2. Then, in the upcoming challenge Mode, I can work my way to the plat!

The games I plan to start in October are already downloaded on my Vita and are Severed (#13 on my list) and Color Guardians (#11). In the days to come, I can work on MeiQ and FFX HD on Vita, as well as some of the high-percentage titles I have on my profile, but not in this challenge list.

• Like 3

New Update:

1. The Bureau: XCOM Declassified (PS3) - 0%

2. The Last Tinker (PS4) - 19%

3. Lollipop Chainsaw (PS3) - 0%

4. LA Noire (PS3) - 0%

5. Master Reboot (PS3) - 0%

6. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (PS4) - 100% :platinum:

7. Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride (PS4) - 100% :platinum:

8.Root Letter (PS4) - 6% => 22%

9. Siegecraft Commander (PS4) - 100% :platinum:

10. Ms. Pac-Man (PS4) 14%=> 48%

Making a bit of progress on a couple games. I should finish up the first storyline in Root Letter today or tomorrow. I think the trophies will come pretty quickly after that. Ms. Pac-Man would be done if I would focus on the hard trophies but I'd rather focus on Root Letter right now.

• Like 2

Update time:

Finished the story + platinum from Grim Fandango - great game :D

Im also making slow progress in Resident Evil 5 with my coop partner and hopefully we will get the veteran-trophy so we can start the professional run^^

Next game to plat will probably be inFamous. I`ve already done the story and "only" need to do the challenges and arena fights ;)

1. Resident Evil 5 (38% ---> 47%) - 33/71 Trophies ---> 38/71 Trophies)

2. Resident Evil 6 (0%) - (0/71 Trophies)

3. Uncharted 2 Remastered (0%) - (0/53 Trophies)

4. Uncharted 3 Remastered (0%) - (0/59 Trophies)

5. N.E.R.O. (0%) - (0/24 Trophies)

6. Grim Fandango Remastered (26% ---> 100%) - (15/48 Trophies ---> 48/48 Trophies)

7. Tearaway Unfolded (0%) - (0/35 Trophies)

8. CoD Infinite Warfare (0%) - (0/51 Trophies, just the basegame)

9. Tales of Berseria (0%) - (0/51 Trophies)

10. Gravity Rush Remastered (100%) - (64/64 Trophies)

11. inFamous First Light (0% ---> 37%) - (0/25 Trophies ---> 12/25 Trophies)

• Like 3

New Update

PS4

1. Uncharted, Lost Legacy:  21% (14/50)

2. Crash Bandicoot: Warped: 73% --> 100% (25/25)

3. Persona 5: 17% (12/49)

4. Journey: 4% --> 9% (2/14)

5. Hellblade: 0%

VITA

6. Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc: 0% --> 2% (2/38)

7. Resogun: 5% --> 7% (5/34)

I am happy to have finished Crash Bandicoot: Warped this week. I didn't have much time to play any other games but for the coming week I will try to finish Uncharted the Lost Legacy. On Vita i'll be continuing Danganronpa, which i am making slow progress on. 

• Like 1

Here's my first little update, unfortunately I didn't get that much done yet

1. PixelGear (PS4) - 17% -> 52%

2. Oceanhorn (PS4) - 11% -> 17%

3. Xeodrifter (Vita) - 4%

4. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (PS4) - 0% -> 37%

5. God of War 2 - (PS3) - 0%

I had some fun with PixelGear yesterday and will probably play it a little everytime I get the Chance. Hellblade is a really great game and I look forward to play some more tonight and on thursday (should be able to get the Plat by then)

• Like 1

FF Type 0 HD is complete, though it feels like it is better suited as a portable game, rather than a home console release.

Fate/Hollow Axteria (Vita)

Superdimension Neptune vs. Sega Hard Girls (Vita) 100% :platinum:

AIR (Vita) 100% :platinum:

Final Fantasy: Type 0 HD Remaster (PS4) 0 -> 100% :platinum:

The Nonary Games (Vita)

• Like 3

On 9/18/2017 at 6:20 AM, ladynadiad said:

Also went ahead and added Sen no Kiseki III to my list since I've now preordered it and have a PS4 on the way as well.  Hopefully I can finish Ys 8 before it arrives.  And I'm probably nuts for having my first game on the PS4 be something in Japanese, but I only could afford one game and that's what I wanted the most.

Awesome!!! I'm really jealous, especially since I might have to wait a year or two for the localization. I hope we get a date during TGS.

Midweek update

Tokyo Xanadu - 7%

Ys VIII 0 - 18% > 32%

About 40 hours in Ys, think I've done a good job of clearing a lot of the content whilst enjoying the game but I'll have loads to do post game and 2nd playthrough,

Edited by StilRh
  • Like 1

Progress update:

1. Resident Evil Revelations 2 (PS4) - 11%
  2. Oxenfree (PS4) -  51% - UP --> 100%  
  3. Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen (PS4) - October Release 
  4. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3) - 21%
  5. Final Fantasy X-2 HD (PS3) - 16%
  6. The Last of Us (PS3) - 3% - UP--> 4%
  7. Ni No Kuni (PS3) - 7%  NEWLY ADDED 

So I got the 100% on the first and probably the easiest game on my list Oxenfree. I also dipped my toe in the water on the Last of Us multiplayer and inadvertently popped a trophy, so a slight increase on that one. I found a physical copy of Ni No Kuni today so I added that to my list, might be biting off more than I can chew there but nothing ventured, nothing gained, right? 

You'll notice a trend over the next few months with me and distractions (I'm basically like a dog chasing cars). Last time it was Tales of Xillia 2 this time Final Fantasy XIII and its brutal late game grind. I've never had less fun grinding but those last 7 trophies are so close I can almost touch them.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MysticjMax said:

How did you enjoy Dragon Quest Builders? I just got the platinum for that game. ^_^

Really enjoyable, 'comfy' game - I'd love there to be more to do. The timed challenges where quite stressful though.

Tokyo Xanadu - 7%

Ys VIII 0 - 32% > 71%

Completed Ys, amazing but I didn't like the last chapter as much as the previous ones. Going to reload save before last boss, get as many collectables as possible, try to get max approval and then NG+ on nightmare - you can carry a lot over, I still think I'm going to get wrecked unless I can dodge and guard perfectly.

9 minutes ago, olliebear66t said:

Never paid much attention to these backlog communinty challenges. Is there ever one that accepts games over 25% completion? A lot of games on my list I need to get back to and finish off. Would prefer to do that before starting all new games.

Yeah, there is. It's called a casual attack on your backlog.

New Update:

1. The Bureau: XCOM Declassified (PS3) - 0%

2. The Last Tinker (PS4) - 19%

3. Lollipop Chainsaw (PS3) - 0%

4. LA Noire (PS3) - 0%

5. Master Reboot (PS3) - 0%

6. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (PS4) - 100% :platinum:

7. Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride (PS4) - 100% :platinum:

8.Root Letter (PS4) - 22% => 100% :platinum:

9. Siegecraft Commander (PS4) - 100% :platinum:

10. Ms. Pac-Man (PS4) 48%=> 100% :platinum:

Last night I popped two platinums. I finished off the last story in Root Letter. Then I finished up Ms. Pac-Man. That takes me up to five of my games finished so far. Instead of being smart and starting one of my PS3 games I am going to add two more for PS4 (two out so two more in):

11. Duke Nukem 3D (PS4) - 0%

12. Albedo Eyes from OuterSpace (PS4) - 0%

• Like 2

9 hours ago, olliebear66t said:

Never paid much attention to these backlog communinty challenges. Is there ever one that accepts games over 25% completion? A lot of games on my list I need to get back to and finish off. Would prefer to do that before starting all new games.

There you go, "Batgirl" :lol: - click me!

Anyway, just a quick heads-up from me: Got to beat Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando for the first time yesterday and there's a 15th game coming to my list. But I don't know which one I should add... :hmm: