Progress update:

1. Resident Evil Revelations 2 (PS4) - 11%
  2. Oxenfree (PS4) - 100% 
  3. Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen (PS4) - October Release
  4. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3) - 21%
  5. Final Fantasy X-2 HD (PS3) - 16% 
  6. The Last of Us (PS3) - 26% - UP--> 46%
  7. Ni No Kuni (PS3) - 11% - UP--> 44%

Been a while since I last updated. Making progress slowly, hoping to get Ni No Kuni and The Last of Us (multiplayer is a bitch) done as quickly as possible. Once they're done I'll spend November working on Revelations 2 and Castlevania.

New Update:

1. The Bureau: XCOM Declassified (PS3) - 100% :platinum:

2. The Last Tinker (PS4) - 19% => 28%

3. Lollipop Chainsaw (PS3) - 51%

4. LA Noire (PS3) - 0%

5. Master Reboot (PS3) - 100% :platinum:

6. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (PS4) - 100% :platinum:

7. Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride (PS4) - 100% :platinum:

8.Root Letter (PS4) - 100% :platinum:

9. Siegecraft Commander (PS4) - 100% :platinum:

10. Ms. Pac-Man (PS4) 100% :platinum:

11. Duke Nukem 3D (PS4) - 100% :platinum:

12. Albedo Eyes from OuterSpace (PS4) - 100% :platinum:

13. Black and White Bushido (PS4) - 100%  :platinum:

14. Dead Synchronicity (PS4) - 100% :platinum:

15. Dying Reborn (PS4) - 100% :platinum:

Updated list to actually follow the rules. Removed games that I added before finishing my first 15. Come November 1st I will return to my unfinished games at the top of the list. For the rest of the week I will continue working on my mini platinum rain day to pop on my birthday. I think I might hit 5 on that day. Good luck to everyone for the last week of October.

• Like 3

1. inFamous: Second Son = 0%

2. Destiny 2 = 48%

3. Wolfenstein: The Old Blood = 0% --> 1%

4. Mirror's Edge Catalyst = 0%

5. DOOM = 19% --> 37%

All I've been playing whenever I get a chance has been WatchDogs 2, which is an awesome game that I've really been enjoying. I ended up beating DOOM, but to complete all of the multiplayer DLC I'm gonna have to renew PS+. Just started Wolfenstein: The Old Blood today, I'm on the prison escape still. I'm gonna have that game 100% by the end of the challenge because I'll be damned if I'm gonna leave this challenge having completed nothing to 100%.

1. Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair - :platinum:
  2. Danganronpa: Ultra Despair Girls (0%)
  3. Final Fantasy Type-0 - :platinum:
  4. Dragon Quest Builders (3%)
  5. Unravel - :platinum:
  6. The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 :platinum:
  7. The Awakened Fate Ultimatum (11%)
  8. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (0%)
  9. Tales of Zestiria (12%)
  10. Time and Eternity (5%) - I think

Platted Final Fantasy Type-0. The last dungeon gave me a bit of trouble. Had to restart a couple of areas because I didn't have the right spell equipped. I played mostly as Ace, Trey, Seven, and Sice.

• Like 3

On 27/10/2017 at 5:28 AM, Blissey said:

Winter signups will begin November 1 for those who are interested.

I'm game. I have clinical placement and a dissertation to start writing over Winter, so I'm going to try not to buy any new games so I can focus on that stuff. Backlog busting can be my R&R.

On Wednesday, August 09, 2017 at 11:58 PM, alte_muehle91 said:

PSVita

• A Rose in the Twilight (29/29 l 100%) :platinum:
  • CollarxMalice (37/37 l 100%) :platinum:
  • Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception (44/44 l 100%) :platinum:

PS4

• Kingdom Hearts (53/56 l 88%)
  • Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories (39/48 l 74% >>> 48/48 l 100%:platinum:

Aaaaaand CoM completed! That's 4/5 games done now!

It wasn't quite as tedious as the PS3 was (thanks to the fact that difficulty related trophies stack now), but there is still quite a lot of grinding involved. It took me ~ 63h to complete the game. I still like the game a lot, the GBA versions' sprites were much more charming though.

I finally continued my speedrun for the first game. Just finished Monstro and arrived in Halloween Town. It's always suprising how short the worlds are when you just follow the story. Monstro took like... 7 minutes without the cutscenes. Current time is 2:45h.

There's still one month left, but I haven't decided whether to add more games yet as I just started FF6 on the Vita and have another game on the 3DS that I started three months ago and really want to beat now. If I add one more I'll probably take a break from the KH series and play Gravity Rush Remastered. I bought the game around this time last year together with Valkyria Chronicles and my PS4 and I really don't want this game to be my second Catherine (which I bought together with my PS3 back in 2012 and still haven't played through that game... yet... but I will!!! Someday. But not anytime soon.).

I also ordered a copy of Bad Apple Wars for the Vita and I might also add that, depending on how addicted I get to FF6 and how fast the game gets here.

• Like 1

Tearaway Unfolded - 35%

Pyre - 17%

Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime - 34%

Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy - 100% :platinum:
Oceanhorn - 24%

LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens - 100% :platinum:

Child of Light - 100%

Hue - 100%

Sky Force Anniversary - 57%

Headlander - 22%

Ok, I'm ashamed that Headlander has sat in my backlog for so long - I'm bloody loving it! It'll be the next game I 100% (my 100th one of these).

Also a bit of Oceanhorn and Sky Force Anniversary progress.

I'm not sure how I'll get on with all other games because my wife surprised me with Fractured But Whole yesterday so hopefully get stuck into that and Stick of Truth again at some point soon.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Asvinia said:

Just gonna sit here and wait for winter signups.

Well done on your backlogs guys! Can't wait to join you in the next challenge

Brother?

1. inFamous: Second Son = 0%

2. Destiny 2 = 48%

3. Wolfenstein: The Old Blood = 1% --> 12%

4. Mirror's Edge Catalyst = 0%

5. DOOM = 37%

Played some more Wolfenstein: The Old Blood. I'm about halfway through the game, expecting to platinum sometime next week.

• Like 2

Update #8:

1. 1f532.png Abyss Odyssey (PS3)0% - [0/14]
  2. 2611.png ABZU (PS4): 100% - [12/12]
  3. 1f532.png Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry (PS4)0% - [0/12]
  4. 1f532.png Costume Quest 2 (PS3): 0% => 52% - [11/18]
  5. 1f532.png F1 2017 (PS4)94% => 95%% - [48/51]
  6. 2611.png Game of Thrones (PS4)100% - [49/49]
  7. 2611.png God of War: Ascension (PS3)100% - [36/36]
  8. 2611.png Marvel Ultimate Alliance (PS4): 98% => 100% - [59/59]
  9. 2611.png Stories: The Path of Destinies (PS4): 100% - [38/38]
  10. 1f532.png Tokyo Jungle (PS3)0% - [0/13]
  11. 2611.png Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark (PS4)100% - [51/51]

Alright, got 100% in MUA, made great progress in F1 and almost finished CQ2. In F1 I reduced the races to 5 laps instead of 25% which cut my race weekends in half. In honor of Halloween I played Costume Quest 2 all day today. I'm on the last quest then I have a little clean up to do.

Tomorrow I'm back to work and my gaming schedule will go back to normal.

Goal for this week: 100% CQ2 (tomorrow), play F1 before work (I can do this in very small doses), start on AC:FC.

• Like 2

Update:

PS4

- Costume Quest 2 (100%) 2705.png

- Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour (0%)

- Eventide: Slavic Fable (0% => 100%)

- forma.8 (0% => 11%)

- Hitman GO (0%)

- Lara Croft GO (0%)

- Life is Strange (0%)

- Limbo (0%)

- Murdered: Soul Suspect (100%) :platinum:

- Oxenfree (0% => 100%) :platinum:

- The Deadly Tower of Monsters (0%)

- The Swapper (0% => 20%)

- Thumper (21%)

- Until Dawn (0%)

- Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (0% => 100%)

Completed Wolfenstein: The Old Blood and Eventide: Slavic Fable. Also, started on forma.8 and The Swapper.

• Like 2

On Wednesday, August 09, 2017 at 11:58 PM, alte_muehle91 said:

PSVita

• A Rose in the Twilight (29/29 l 100%) :platinum:
  • CollarxMalice (37/37 l 100%) :platinum:
  • Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception (44/44 l 100%) :platinum:

PS4

• Kingdom Hearts (53/56 l 88% >>> 56/56 l 100%:platinum:
  • Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories (48/48 l 100%) :platinum:

Aaaaand challenge beaten!

The Unchanging Equipment trophy was a huge drag. The fight's weren't difficult at all but took foreeeeever. At first I wanted to level up some more before the final boss, but then I just went to collect all puppies to get Aeroga and did some additional damage through that to make the fights shorter (it's my favorite spell, so useful!!!). I also  got the Speedster trophy during this run. I reached the point of no return at ~6h, so there would have been plenty of time to spare. I spent around 3,5h for collecting puppies, so the total time was around 10h for the speed run.

So, that's five games finished and the end of the fall challenge for me. I had lots of fun playing through these games and reading about other peoples progress during the challenge. I'll keep following this topic, but I won't be adding any more games because I really want to focus on some other (non-trophy) games now. Best of luck to all of you though!

Edited by alte_muehle91
  • Like 2

1. Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana 0% 100% (51 out of 51 trophies)

2. htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary 19% 31% (9 of 25 trophies)

3. Time & Eternity 18% (7 of 30 trophies)

4. Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny 10% (7 of 30 trophies)

5. Ateilier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland 8% (6 of 38 trophies)

6. Kingdom Hearts 15% (11 of 56 trophies)

7. Kingdom Hearts II 2% 27% (19 of 51 trophies)

8. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch 2% (2 of 34 trophies)

9. Final Fantasy XIII 4% (3 of 36 trophies)

10. Resonance of Fate 4% (3 of 49 trophies)

11. 英雄伝説 閃の軌跡III 0%  20% (14 out of 53 trophies)

12. Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony 0% 94% (37 out of 41 trophies)

Trophies earned from this event: 1 :platinum:  7 :gold:  20 :silver:  94 :bronze:  (122 total trophies out of 446 total unearned trophies starting off)

So not a ton of progress as far as number of trophies this week, but I did get a few of the harder or more grindy trophies in DRV3.  Finally passed the final exam in the talent development plan (not hard if you got a decent number of U ranked cards, but it takes some time to get there), got through the 50th floor in the despair dungeon, finally did the talent development plan with every character, got all the ultimate cards and got a S rank on Mean difficulty in Treasure Hunter Monolith (which is supposed to be the hardest of the minigames).  In DRV3 all I have left is beating the boss on 100F and getting a S rank in the remaining two minigames, but I suck a lot more at the remaining two.  Oddly enough Treasure Hunter Monolith which most people have trouble with is the one I was better at.

Made some progress in Sen no Kiseki III as well.  I've finished chapter 3 and gotten most of the battle related trophies now, just have the one for winning 600 battles and 300 advantage encounters left of those.  Two more chapters to go in the game and I'll probably get a bunch of trophies once I finally make it to the final chapter since there are a ton of bonding trophies like the previous entries (though in this game, supposedly you can get them all in one run, but I'm doubting I will).

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 1

Something tells me I'm not going to achieve this in 3 weeks... but I wanted to at least try.

Final Fantasy X HD (Vita) - 8/34 trophies, got side-tracked playing Persona 4 Golden.
Remember Me (PS3) - 6/51 trophies, this one is a lot harder than I first thought.
Alice: Madness Returns (PS3) - 19/45 trophies, got distracted; need to go back to this.

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune Remastered (PS4) - 15/46 trophies. Just haven't found the time...
Oceanhorn: Monster Of Uncharted Seas (Vita) - Not even started this one.

So yeah. This didn't go at all as planned. I got side-tracked by other games. I started hunting trophies in Shovel Knight and The Last Of Us... I played Until Dawn over Halloween and got really into Persona 4 Golden and Rayman Origins as my portable games. Add in problems with health and it's genuinely hard to get this many platinums in such a short time... I'm going to still try and do what I can, I still hope to get at least the Alice: Madness Returns platinum, but all 5 is extremely unlikely.

Update #9:

1. 1f532.png Abyss Odyssey (PS3)0% - [0/14]
  2. 2611.png ABZU (PS4): 100% - [12/12]
  3. 2611.png Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry (PS4): 0% => 100% - [12/12]
  4. 2611.png Costume Quest 2 (PS3): 52% => 100% - [18/18]
  5. 2611.png F1 2017 (PS4): 95% => 100% - [51/51]
  6. 2611.png Game of Thrones (PS4)100% - [49/49]
  7. 2611.png God of War: Ascension (PS3)100% - [36/36]
  8. 2611.png Marvel Ultimate Alliance (PS4): 100% - [59/59]
  9. 2611.png Stories: The Path of Destinies (PS4): 100% - [38/38]
  10. 1f532.png Tokyo Jungle (PS3)0% - [0/13]
  11. 2611.png Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark (PS4)100% - [51/51]

Alright, 3 more games down. Costume Quest 2 was a great little game and played at the perfect time. Now I want to get the first game next time it's on sale. Freedom Cry was my first introduction to AC games. It was fun, especially being a pirate, but the game crashing on me every hour or so sucked! And finally done with F1 2017. Took a long time but I think it scratched that F1 game itch I had (the game is 95% same as every other year).

Goal for next week: Abyss Odyssey 100%

• Like 2

Tearaway Unfolded - 35%

Pyre - 17%

Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime - 34%

Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy - 100% :platinum:
Oceanhorn - 25%

LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens - 100% :platinum:

Child of Light - 100%

Hue - 100%

Sky Force Anniversary - 57%

Headlander - 100% :platinum:

My 100th fully completed game is Headlander! I absolutely loved this one - a definite 10/10 from me.

Now that priority is out the way I can maybe try and return to the other PS4 games on this list. Probably prioritise Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime now.

I'm at the grindy point of Sky Force Anniversary where I've got 25 medals left, 7 or 8 cards and, depending on which stats you believe, somewhere between 8,000 and 40,000 stars to earn.

Edited by booshy_89

After some abscence for about 2 weeks, here's another update from me:

1. Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (PS3) 0% [0/56]
  2. Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories (PS3) 3% [2/48]
  3. Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3) 8% [5/32]
  4. LEGO The Lord of the Rings (PS3) 27% → 52% [35/49]
  5. Diablo III (PS3) 30% [17/46]
  6. Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando (PS3) 70% [30/35]
  7. Final Fantasy X HD (PS3/Vita) 9% [5/34]
  8. MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death (Vita) 4% [3/37]
  9. LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens (PS3) 0% [0/70 including DLC]
  10. Day of the Tentacle Remastered (Vita) 0% [0/58]
  11. Color Guardians (Vita) 100% [all 46 trophies] :platinum:
  12. Type:Rider (Vita) 100% [all 12 trophies]
  13. Severed (Vita) 25% [8/25] (unchanged)
  14. LEGO Batman 2 (Vita) 100% [all 32 trophies] :platinum:

Got some collectables and the Story in LEGO The Lord of the Rings done and I do hope to get this plat done by the end of this challenge. Severed is starting to get tougher now and I barely make any progress in this game. Thus, I already have my sum-up for this challenge: I often overestimate me and want too much in a too short period of time. I mean, I started out with 9 games on my list and expanded that to 14 with one of my first updates. That way I had too many games to conquer since I'm also quite under problems getting onto my PS3 games (no own TV, have to be home alone...) - that alone is already a big problem, but then the games are coming into that mix. Too many grindy games in that backlog of mine! Anyway, I think I'm gonna get on in my own pace over Winter (brace yourselves, Game of Thrones quote incoming!) and start with a freshened spirit in the Spring 2018 Challenge again - with less games on my list.

But for this challenge, since there are a little over 3 weeks to go, I'm giving everything I've got and my time can afford me! :shakefist: Take that, monster of a backlog!

• Like 2

I’ve finished Lara Croft GO, decent mix of puzzles particularly the last couple of sections which were DLC on mobile.  I would suggest players who want to solve the puzzles on their own still follow a picture guide for the collectible vases as it’s annoying having to go back just for those.

1. Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (PS3)  0% >
  2. The Walking Dead: Michonne (PS4)  0% > 33% (E)
  3. Lego Ninjago: Nindroids (Vita)  0% >
  4. The Walking Dead: A New Frontier (PS4)  0% >
  5. Lara Croft GO (Vita)  0% > 100% (S)
  6. The Wolf Among Us (PS4)  0% >
  • Like 2

1. Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana 0% 100% (51 out of 51 trophies)

2. htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary 19% 37% (11 of 25 trophies)

3. Time & Eternity 18% (7 of 30 trophies)

4. Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny 10% (7 of 30 trophies)

5. Ateilier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland 8% (6 of 38 trophies)

6. Kingdom Hearts 15% (11 of 56 trophies)

7. Kingdom Hearts II 2% 27% (19 of 51 trophies)

8. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch 2% (2 of 34 trophies)

9. Final Fantasy XIII 4% (3 of 36 trophies)

10. Resonance of Fate 4% (3 of 49 trophies)

11. 英雄伝説 閃の軌跡III 0%  32% (18 of 53 trophies)

12. Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony 0% 97% (37 of 41 trophies)

Trophies earned from this event: 1 :platinum:  8 :gold:  23 :silver:  97 :bronze:  (129 total trophies out of 446 total unearned trophies starting off)

So more progress even if it's not a ton in trophy numbers.  Played a bit more of htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary and got a couple of trophies and am pretty happy with it being at an A trophy rank now so I'm going to shelve that one for now.

And I finally finished the Despair Dungeon in Danganronpa V3.  The hidden boss was a pain and I had to actually redo the talent development plan to get someone with the right set of skills to add to my party to make that work.  All I have left now are the minigame trophies.

Beat Sen no Kiseki over the weekend and oh wow, that ending was a trip.  I so look forward to the localization and the reactions from the English fanbase to that ending.

Spoiler

Pretty much, it was indeed the mother of all cliffhangers.  It made Sky FC and CS1's cliffhangers look like perfectly good ways to end a game because at least the world itself was still fine even if the characters were not.  Nope, after Sen III's ending you're just left feeling like what in the hell just happened and how in the hell are they going to fix this and wow, did we really just break Rean completely?  Can't wait to see how they conclude this, because damn that left a huge mess to clean up.

Anyway, started my nightmare NG+ run on that one and still have no idea how I accomplished missing every bonding trophy, but at least the game is nice and let me have max bond points for NG+ so I hopefully won't mess this up on the next run.  And really wish the average completion of the game would stop going up so I can get it out of being a D rank and keep it there.

• Like 1