What is your favorite Final Fantasy game?

Mr_MovieMan29

Favorite Final Fantasy?.  

348 members have voted

1. 1. Pick it!

• Final Fantasy
    • Final Fantasy II
    • Final Fantasy III
    • Final Fantasy IV
    • Final Fantasy V
    • Final Fantasy VI
    • Final Fantasy VII
    • Final Fantasy VIII
    • Final Fantasy IX
    • Final Fantasy X
    • Final Fantasy XI
    • Final Fantasy XII
    • Final Fantasy XIII
    • Final Fantasy XIII-2
    • Final Fantasy XIV
    • One of the Final Fantasy Legends
    • Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
    • Final Fantasy Tactics

Final Fantasy VI is, in my eyes, a flawless game.  It has some of the most unique characters in an RPG, the OST is the best in the franchise imo and above all, it has the best villain in any video game for me - Kefka Palazzo.  He just throws any villain cliche out the window and does what he does because he's just one messed up motherfucker. :P  The game is just oozing with Square's creativity and is the perfect answer to what makes the franchise so important.  It's my favourite RPG of all time without a doubt and I'd easily say it's my favourite game ever.

Close second would be Final Fantasy X (ohhh the childhood memories) and then Final Fantasy VIII.

I think the results so far is as expected, except for FF13 getting a lot of votes, which is rather surprising seeing as it's almost the same except for being worse and less in all departments but the graphics than many of the other games in the series. :S

I'd very much like to hear a couple of good reasons why so many people has FF13 as their favorite FF game other than it being the only one they've played or it has pretty graphics or something like that. To me it makes absolutely no sense.

I think the results so far is as expected, except for FF13 getting a lot of votes, which is rather surprising seeing as it's almost the same except for being worse and less in all departments but the graphics than many of the other games in the series. :S

I'd very much like to hear a couple of good reasons why so many people has FF13 as their favorite FF game other than it being the only one they've played or it has pretty graphics or something like that. To me it makes absolutely no sense.

Final Fantasy XIII was a lot of people's first Final Fantasy, despite the franchise always being popular long before its debut to the PS3.  The only way you could get a solid answer to this poll is if everyone who voted played every Final Fantasy from I-XIV, but we can't expect that. :P

I totally forgot to mention that the Final Fantasy Legends games aren't Final Fantasy games... Yeah, kinda confusing, but they're not... They're part of the SaGa series of games.

Final Fantasy XIII was a lot of people's first Final Fantasy, despite the franchise always being popular long before its debut to the PS3.  The only way you could get a solid answer to this poll is if everyone who voted played every Final Fantasy from I-XIV, but we can't expect that. :P

I just want to hear some reasoning for why anyone would vote FFXIII for other reasons than it being their first or the graphics etc. Preferably by someone who has played most of FFIV-FFX. :o

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

(Sorry for my english... I'll try to make some progress...)

I can't choose only one FF... I love FFX and FFXIII (even if they are very different), but FFV is also a very good game (i adore job system - one reason that make me love FFX-2). And FFIX is sooooo... perfect too...

No really, i can't choose.

I just want to hear some reasoning for why anyone would vote FFXIII for other reasons than it being their first or the graphics etc. Preferably by someone who has played most of FFIV-FFX. :o

I really appreciate FFXIII and XIII-2 (and i'm doing Lightning Returns). Ok, FFXIII is the fist "real" Final Fantasy I played. But, I think is really undervalued.

Yes, he is quite linear, and one of the best things in the game is graphics. And the effect of "fist final fantasy i really play" makes me thinks thats it's a good game ans a good FF.

But, more than that, I think the battle system is really really great ! Even if i prefere real job, paradigm is a very good system. Battle are very stimulating (if we don't use Auto-Battle...) and some fight are very difficult if we don't have the good technique (if we don't use cheated Vanille's ability...).

I also like a lot some characters : Sazh, Hope, Vanille (Snow and Lightning in some cutscene....).

I can undersand why a lot of people don't like FFXIII, but everyone is different, and every final fantasy have good and bad.

Final Fantasy VIII was my first game on the PS1 and therefore it is also the most precious one in my (gamer) life. I played through the game at least 15 times and I still love it! : D
My second most fav FF game is definitely FF IV.
And the third one is Crisis Core.

Also, I played the FF XV demo a couple of weeks ago...it looks promising as well. I hope this time we'll get an interesting story, too. 

Final Fantasy VIII as a whole is a joy to behold for me - from beginning to end.  It missteps with the Drawing magic system, but everything must bear flaws.

Final Fantasy X has the best battle system by far, when playing the demo of Besaid Island that came free with OPSM2, I was blown away by its simplicity slashed with ingenuity - and was only further drawn in upon its full release a month later.

Final Fantasy XI consumed me for six whole months when I took the plunge - offering things I'd never seen before in a game.

Final Fantasy XIV recaptures some of XI's allure for me - but owing to progression being fast tracked, one runs out of things to do most quicker.  Not a criticism, but I have jumped out of XIV because there was nothing left, as opposed to XI always having something and my having to quit because I recognised an unhealthy obsession developing. 

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance gets a mention, the game that brought me to SRPGs by name.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Final Fantasy VII has always been my favorite. It was the second in the series I played -- X was my first -- and I fell in love with it immediately. My second favorite is actually VIII and my third is a split between VI and X.

• Like 1

(Sorry for my english... I'll try to make some progress...)

I can't choose only one FF... I love FFX and FFXIII (even if they are very different), but FFV is also a very good game (i adore job system - one reason that make me love FFX-2). And FFIX is sooooo... perfect too...

No really, i can't choose.

I really appreciate FFXIII and XIII-2 (and i'm doing Lightning Returns). Ok, FFXIII is the fist "real" Final Fantasy I played. But, I think is really undervalued.

Yes, he is quite linear, and one of the best things in the game is graphics. And the effect of "fist final fantasy i really play" makes me thinks thats it's a good game ans a good FF.

But, more than that, I think the battle system is really really great ! Even if i prefere real job, paradigm is a very good system. Battle are very stimulating (if we don't use Auto-Battle...) and some fight are very difficult if we don't have the good technique (if we don't use cheated Vanille's ability...).

I also like a lot some characters : Sazh, Hope, Vanille (Snow and Lightning in some cutscene....).

I can undersand why a lot of people don't like FFXIII, but everyone is different, and every final fantasy have good and bad.

I'd recommend you play some of the older games than, preferably PS1 and SNES games. It's not that FFXIII is terrible, it's just when you compare it to the other games it's less and worse in every way. In other words, it's a big step down. If you liked FFXIII, it's very likely you'd like the older games, at least if you can get past the graphical limitations the games had. The art styles are usually great, even if the graphics are a bit pixelated compared to games nowadays.