What is your favorite Final Fantasy game?

Mr_MovieMan29

Favorite Final Fantasy?.  

348 members have voted

1. 1. Pick it!

• Final Fantasy
    • Final Fantasy II
    • Final Fantasy III
    • Final Fantasy IV
    • Final Fantasy V
    • Final Fantasy VI
    • Final Fantasy VII
    • Final Fantasy VIII
    • Final Fantasy IX
    • Final Fantasy X
    • Final Fantasy XI
    • Final Fantasy XII
    • Final Fantasy XIII
    • Final Fantasy XIII-2
    • Final Fantasy XIV
    • One of the Final Fantasy Legends
    • Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
    • Final Fantasy Tactics

Final Fantasy II since that is the only one I've played that I didn't hate. I despised FFX, which is the only one I played that wasn't released on NES, SNES, or PS1.

Why do you despised FFX? >_<

Hard to chose.... but decided to go with FFIX since it's the first FF game I have played and finished... it will always have a spot in my heart... runner ups are:

FFX

FFVI

FFV

Why do you despised FFX? >_<

Hard to chose.... but decided to go with FFIX since it's the first FF game I have played and finished... it will always have a spot in my heart... runner ups are:

FFX

FFVI

FFV

Was incredibly boring, and I didn't give a shit about the plot or the characters.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

For me, I'd have to say VII is my favorite. I actually knew nothing about Final Fantasy prior to this one. I picked it up at a local pawn shop without doing any research or even knowing what it was.

I've since played many of the other Final Fantasy titles, but none have been able to give me that same feeling that VII always has. I also really like VIII and am also really looking forward to the release of X and X-2 HD.

• Like 1

My top three are:

1. FF VI (The best)
  2. FF IV (Really like the story)
  3. FF VIII (The first i played)

FF XII was cool (that Yiazmat fight took ages). Didn't like FF X, too much grind (Auron is the coolest though). The FF XIII and FF XIII-2 aren't as bad as people say, hope the third one will be good.  

Hadpto go with VI, as along with Secret of Mana, Illusion of Gaia and Earthbound it was part of the few games that made my love gaming in general.

Id played a bunch of stuff before, but the summer I played all 4 of those was when I fell in love with games!

Surprised at how low IV is - I always thought that was the one commonly considered the best?

• 4 months later...

Definitely 6, Squares' writing capability was at its' best with this ensemble of individualistic characters, none of them taking the center stage and all receiving proper attention. Plus the twist with Kefka destroying the world, that was unexpected and a nice change of pace. Each character brought something unique and different from the other in the combat system, creating a interesting system requiring strategy.  I also enjoyed 8 and 4 quite a bit, but 6 takes the cake.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Final Fantasy 1 was the first RPG I'd ever played in my life, and maybe the 2nd or 3rd console game in general.. of course I did not finish it for years. Really hard game! Years later, there is definitely one that has stuck with me, for it's story and characters.

Final Fantasy VI  :)

Though to say VI is my favorite FF story is one thing, to say it's my favorite FF game is another.. IX is a strong runner up, providing both a great story and visuals, but also charming gameplay. Still, VI just won't budge.