If you could create your own game, what would it be like?

MidnightCJ

A back-to-basic shooter with some proper thought through MP maps!

If not that, I'd love to see a game like Dead Island: Epidemic again, except not cancelled.. I played quite a bit of that when it was in early access on Steam! Shame they cancelled it though.. There's not a single game that I have found that is the same (so far)..

I have two concepts, one I will never share because I have a little undying hope I could make it one day, or this idea should die with me within the heart.

The second could be a nice Silent Hill game. In general there could be a story of 2 people, a man and a woman, where both have to left their own children in a bad meaning of it without care etc. Not really sure about who will be a woman, but in general for her game play would be like classic corridor horror closed for buildings and apartments, generally guns and may be magic. If talk about a man, I guess this could be a mob of any big city mafia came to lay down at nice and quiet town somewhere far away in country side. His gameplay should be close to not deep action RPG with an open world, with guns from modern era and some fancy swords, crossbows from a past.

More likely it could be European half medieval half modern town with a lake, forests, fortress and castles and simple modern town streets.

The story could possibly be about what those strayed children have been through, also with cruel people involved, cults and black magic, thirst and hunger etc. And their spirits and suffered minds now enveloped town with a great horror and darkness with a one goal to revenge those people include their bad parents. Also could be nice if story separate both main characters from each other where you can decide progress and destiny for the each man and woman leaded by their own children. At the end player can choose who is guilty and who is not, who will go on, and who will be dead in a face to face situation. Also to be edgy in drama side, this revenge for others could be made by player, when one follows through leads, with cutsceense of the past of every one around, playable and non playable characters.

If talk about some foes it could be surrealistic monsters, mixed with wild nature and rare unfriendly survivals.

If talk about soundtrack it should be dark ambient and instrumental trip-hop, no doubt, if it suppose ideal game for me.

• 6 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A jRPG that doesn't end well and everyone doesn't live happily ever after. I actually had that idea back when Final Fantasy X was released, during the opening and the "listen to my story, this may be our last chance" moment. 

Something a bit dark and depressing, with the usual jRPG kids trying to save the usual jRPG world but just failing to do so for once. 

I think I would want to create a Warhammer 40K title which is based on a small group of a loyalist space marine chapter. They will be stranded on a desolate death world being the last few remaining survivors, completely cut-off from the rest of the Imperium, sacrificing themselves one by one fighting a hopeless battle against an overwhelming foe to the bitter end.

There would be no hope of victory, other than standing firm in the eye of defeat and taking as many heretics and xenos with you in death as possible - as well as proving your unyielding faith to your chapter and the God-Emperor.

It could be an epic trilogy where you start out as a normal human on a recruitment world and as you undergo gene therapy and basic training, you'll face ever increasing dangers as you go.

By the cataclysmic end-battle, even grown men will weep as children as the heroes lay down their lives for humankind and the Imperium's survival.

I'm already salivating by the mere thought of such a game and hope I'll experience one like it before I die.

Edited by Mellenthin

I'd make a fighting game, just with some changes.

Projectile/fireball attacks would be downplayed. One thing I dislike in some 2D fighters is that CPU challengers tend to abuse fireballs and traps like Hadoken-Shoryuken. I'm not saying reduce the range to something like SF Alpha Dan's Gadoken... just make them go maybe only half the screen, and have a cooldown time. This would keep the battles more close-range, just not so much as Tekken.

There would be a "last chance" feature. A hit that would typically KO you would take all but your last hit point.  You'd get up with 1 HP left but with an immunity to chip damage, so you'd still have a chance however slim it may be. Senko no Ronde does something similar with its Vanish mode.

When your health is low, you would not get the ability to use unlimited supers, but the super gauge fill rate would increase. In the "last chance" mode it would charge up even quicker.

All throws would require 2 buttons (like LP+LK) and have an animation before they connect. If you try a throw and don't connect with it, the attempt animation would be followed by some miss frames which would leave you open.

CPU AI would be challenging without resorting to cheating bastard tricks. What you cannot do, it cannot do. If you have to charge a certain move to use it, the CPU would also. Different levels of CPU AI would use more advanced combos and more varied tactics.

I would create Monster collecting RPG Like Pokemon or Digimon.

With an adaptive difficulty for the Main Games Story, so ist Not too easy for people who are used to the mechanics.

And for the people who still get bored of it there will be a Post game with scaling difficulty.

For the achievements I d make a difficult list, so getting the Plat actually feels worth Something with only the dedicated Players who want to learn my Game Fan get thru IT.

The AI will be adaptive and learn from your Play Style to give U nice Challenge 

No lootboxes, No online paywall, No Always online.

A good matchmaking System, which prevents "noob stomps".