Cassylvania's Miserable Little Pile of Platinums

Cassylvania

10 hours ago, Briste said:

That is the one I have...mine has more dust though. I generally buy discs for my PS3 so the HD space has never really been an issue. With the PS4 I have a lot more digital games. Am I the only person that doesn't stand these vertical?

Yeah I buy mostly physical on the PS3. Mostly because a lot of games aren't on PSN, like Splatterhouse and Lollipop Chainsaw.

So many games, so little time.

I never put any console at vertical. That's just the picture, I much prefer to have my consoles standing the way they were intended to be.

While I love Bruce and Chum, I wouldn't call Nemo a shark movie :) Shark Tale was god awful, but it is very colorful and my kids love it so I've seen it more times than I would like. I saw Open Water in the theater, and it was very uncomfortable but I didn't really like that either. I saw Deep Blue Sea in the theater also and I wouldn't exactly call that a cinematic masterpiece either. Jaws and Jaws II were both pretty awesome though. Never saw Devil Fish...sounds like that is a good thing.

Finding Nemo was a pretty alright movie before Pixar went to shit. Same with the Shrek movies. These days all Dreamworks makes is crap.

Toy Story 1 is still my favorite Pixar movie of all time because of how groundbreaking it was back in the day. Absolutely loved The Lion King, probably one of the last truly great 2-D animated films.

Family friendly animated movies these days just can't compare.

The original Jaws was a solid movie. It shows it's age because it was made back in the 1970s when movie production values were a lot lower. Jaws 2 wasn't as good but it was still fairly decent.

Some of them are really good. For Halloween, I was the Stay Puft Marshmellow Man and I bought a costume on Amazon that was from a third party seller. The Q&A said that it would fit a 6'2" and 250 lbs man so I bought it. I'm only 6' and the costume was too short for me so I returned it. I actually paid for expedited delivery since I waited until the last minute to get my costume. Not only did the company I buy from refund me for the costume, they refunded me the expedited shipping (which shocked me). I personally have never had a bad experience with a return from Amazon, but I do understand the piece of mind that comes with being able to take it to a store.

I didn't expect someone your age to dress up for Halloween. I stopped dressing up when I was 15.

Then again a lot of people go to various clubs for drinking and socializing and they dress up for Halloween as part of an event.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I don't even have the option to stand them vertically. I would think that'd make them more unstable anyway...

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

I never put any console at vertical. That's just the picture, I much prefer to have my consoles standing the way they were intended to be.

Every picture they advertise has it upright it seems. I just assumed that was how most people put it...not sure why that is even a thing but eh.

4 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Platinum #152 - Hidden Agenda

Congrats on 152. I actually am using that game too...not sure when or how I'm going to do it exactly. Was it clunky to play on the phone? I'm really curious about this game. I may have to steal my wife's phone for a bit and play with myself...I'm going to try and sell her on giving it a shot so I can at least get the co-op part done...but she hasn't really played a video game since A Link to the Past. I did get her to play Guitar Hero for a bit when we first were dating, but that was a while ago now.

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

Toy Story 1 is still my favorite Pixar movie of all time because of how groundbreaking it was back in the day. Absolutely loved The Lion King, probably one of the last truly great 2-D animated films.

I like most of them to be honest. My favorite is probably The Incredibles or Wall-E but Pixar >>>>> Dreamworks in my opinion. Dreamworks has some decent ones, but they also have way more shitty ones too.

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

I didn't expect someone your age to dress up for Halloween. I stopped dressing up when I was 15.

I guess you are just cooler than me ;) Don't forget I have small children and it is fun for them. My job also has a costume/decoration contest among the different departments. My department was the Ghost Busters. Honestly though, I like Halloween. It's one of the few times where you get to do/be something different without real worry of the consequence. I learned a long time ago not to take myself too seriously. Everything in life is fleeting, so it's important to just be goofy from time to time and Halloween is the perfect excuse to do that. I don't go all out with decorations in my yard or anything, but I'll usually wear a costume or something.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Briste said:

I like most of them to be honest. My favorite is probably The Incredibles or Wall-E but Pixar >>>>> Dreamworks in my opinion. Dreamworks has some decent ones, but they also have way more shitty ones too.

Those are the last Pixar movies I was able to enjoy. 

The thing is I’m not the target audience. Everything post 2010 that Pixar and Dreamworks has made is just crap to me. You have children, so you basically have to watch those movies with them. 

That’s like me back in the 1990s when I went to Blockbuster to rent VHS tapes of the cartoon The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. My parents thought it was stupid, but I enjoyed the show. 

Now I’m more intrigued with hour long HBO melodramas. Because I’m older I can understand them better. 

45 minutes ago, Briste said:

I learned a long time ago not to take myself too seriously. Everything in life is fleeting, so it's important to just be goofy from time to time and Halloween is the perfect excuse to do that. I don't go all out with decorations in my yard or anything, but I'll usually wear a costume or something.

Depends on the person. Sometimes I take myself too seriously, other times I don’t. 

I have no intention on having children. I’m just glad I’m not a kid today, what with all the fearmongering and shit going on. 

The part I want to focus on is what I highlighted bold in your post. We focus far too much on negativity now. If you look at my posts you may think I’m a ranting asshole who is here to piss others off. But in reality I’m a very calm, relaxed and laid back person. 

Part of this problem is the times we’re living in. Every day you hear something about Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin, and honestly that shit has gotten real old. I know that news is critically important but it’s shoved in our throats on a daily basis. 

Our smartphones catch up on this news and it’s thrown in our faces. Even non - political stations I used to love and religiously watch such as ESPN have become more politically minded. People I used to follow years ago on Twitter have Trump constantly in their minds and their tweets reflect that. 

It used to be where Facebook and Twitter were places you could hang out with your friends, but since both websites have devolved into nothing but political bullshit and spreading viral content I no longer go on them. 

It’s good to have laughter and fun on occasion. Laughter is of course the best medicine. 

The internet as it is today isn’t something I truly enjoy anymore. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Spaz said:

Yeah I buy mostly physical on the PS3. Mostly because a lot of games aren't on PSN, like Splatterhouse and Lollipop Chainsaw.

Oh, God. You reminded me. If I get a PS3, I'm going to have to play through Lollipop Chainsaw again. Between the music, the ridiculously long levels, and the endless button-mashing, I might just wanna kill myself...but it has to be done.

Lollipop, lollipop, lolliipop, oh lolli lolli lolli!

Congrats on 152. I actually am using that game too...not sure when or how I'm going to do it exactly. Was it clunky to play on the phone?

It's pretty clunky, and you use your phone (or tablet) exclusively. Fortunately, none of the QTEs or search-for-the-clues games are too difficult, but I screwed one scene up and had to reload an earlier save because I accidentally clicked on a menu tab when trying to run my finger across the screen. You obviously can't be looking at both screens at the same time, and by the time I thought to look down to see why my cursor wasn't moving, it was too late.

I'm not going to recommend this game or PlayLink to anybody, but I think it's decent enough for what it is.

If you want to play a really good peripheral-based game, I'd check out the Skylanders series -- or, rather, have your kids check out the Skylanders series. They're wonderfully made. Unfortunately, they're long (usually 15-20 hours, which I know isn't bad, but Hidden Agenda is only 4-6 hours), expensive (that's the gimmick with the figurines), and, surprisingly, kinda hard. Depends which game you play. I think Trap Team and Swap Force are the hard ones. Imaginators is easy. SuperChargers is somewhere in between. And if I knew I was getting a PS3, I would've just picked up Spyro's Adventure or Giants, which I have NOT played yet.

Plus, I'm pretty sure my favorite Skylander (Drobot) is an OG, so he'd work in those games.

9 hours ago, Spaz said:

The thing is I’m not the target audience. Everything post 2010 that Pixar and Dreamworks has made is just crap to me.

*GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASP*

Inside Out was great! Finding Dory was...okay...and the rest kinda sucked...BUT INSIDE OUT WAS GREAT. Arguably the best Pixar film without "Toy Story" in the title. It was fun and imaginative and everything The Emoji Movie was not.

Speaking of emojis, where's my barf emoji!? I can never find that thing, and I need it in times like these...

ANYWAY, enough games! It's time for games. It's cold and snowy and I got a few days off work. If I want to brave the elements, I suppose I could seek out the nearest GameStop, but then we're talking Chiptole and Target and maybe Best Buy because I could really use more things I don't need, and before you know it, there goes my paycheck I won't be getting this week.

Maybe I'll just watch a movie...

• Like 2

PS Now actually has way more PS4 games that I wanted than I thought. Found a bunch of indie games I'd wanted to buy during the Holiday Sale... and a few I already did. Big regret. Either way, it definitely seems worth at least a month or two's subscription for all the good indies it has. I know Dandara and Battle Chasers were both very highly praised, for starts.

In fact, the more I look at it, the more it seems like at least 1/5 of the indies on sale are on PS Now... I guess they're not major money makers so they can be discounted (or given away) freely?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Darling Baphomet said:

In fact, the more I look at it, the more it seems like at least 1/5 of the indies on sale are on PS Now... I guess they're not major money makers so they can be discounted (or given away) freely?

I'd be curious to know what their reasoning is when it comes to the library on PS Now. You would think it'd be games that aren't making them much money on PS3/PS4, but then you have titles like TLoU and RDR, which...I dunno, maybe aren't making them much money either because anybody who wants to play them has already done so? So then you start thinking, "Well, maybe they're just filling it with crappy/short games to make it look like they have more content than they actually do," but they don't have Mayo or Nubla. I would guess it all comes down to licensing, but I don't know much about that.

Either way, PS Now is probably a better deal than PS+, from what I've seen. Do you really even need PS+ if you only play single player games (and think their monthly "free" games are crap)?

Platinum #153 - Guns, Gore & Cannoli 2

1L865898.png

Like Mario would say, "It's-a game." It's not good (the original wasn't either), but it's senseless fun, and I'm not going to complain about that. Plus, it has four player co-op, and that's sorely missing in today's market. I still think Rocketbirds is a better series, but I've always liked the prohibition era in American history. More games need to embrace that.

Unfortunately, I don't feel the same about zombies...

• Like 3

Well, guys. There are several announcements I need to make! This calls for bullet points. (That's when you know I'm serious.)

• Shitties: Crylines really wants to test my patience. There are four -- count 'em, FOUR -- trophies that are meant to simply waste my time: 1001 Nights, The Plowmaster, Cables Galore, and What the...? Only the first is required for the platinum, but what an idiotic concept for a trophy. The requirement is basically what you would expect -- experience 1001 nights in the game. But what is a "night"? Is it an in-game night or a real world night? Ha, ha -- it's neither. It's some arbitrary time, like 133 in-game days, which translates to like 150+ real world hours in total. The Plowmaster requires having your snowplows collect TWO MILLION units of snow, which is about how much we're supposed to get this weekend, if the weather reports are accurate. Cables Galore requires transporting 20,000 people in cable cars, which are a pain to build, but that's something that will just occur naturally over time. In fact, all of these are, once you set up your town the right way. But I HAVE to tell you guys about What the...? This could be the dumbest trophy I've ever seen. In order to get it, you have to experience a "special" disaster. Disasters are pretty rare to begin with. Even if you max out their frequency, you only get one about every 10 minutes or so. The odds of getting that "special" disaster are about 1 in 700. I'll let you guys do the math. (From what I've read, though, it's taken some people 400+ hours.) Why? Why is a thing?
  • FORTUNATELY, I can play dirty too. I spent an hour today and set up a town that will get all of those trophies for me, as long as my PS4 is on. Does anybody want to place bets on what order the trophies will pop in, or how long they'll take? For reference, I have ONE snowplow, ONE cable station (going from a residential area to an office district), and a population of about 30k. I'm not sure how much time I've put into the game, but I'm going to guess about 100 hours, and I've seen about 100 disasters.
  • Speaking of disasters, I'm probably going to have to waste a GameFly rental on Crylines to get that glitched trophy.
  • Now, what you're probably thinking is, "But C-dawg, if you're letting that game beat itself, how will you play other games?" That, my child, is where the PS3 comes in. If ever there were a time where having a second console is a necessity, this is it.
  • So, yes, I will be picking up a PS3 tomorrow.
  • What you ALSO may have noticed is that I started a new game. And probably not one you saw coming. Yes, I know I said I'd get to RE4 eventually, but you probably didn't expect me to choose it for my platinum-less game in the TTIHAG event. The way I see it, the whole point of the event is to choose games that best REPRESENT each category -- not simply fulfill it. For example -- sure, I could've played some cheap indie game that is beatable in one sitting -- but that's not the kind of game that people complain about not having a platinum. RE4 is like a 25+ hour long slog, and is probably far more worthy of a platinum than many games out there. And that is why it is perfect for this event.
  • I got as far as rescuing Ashley tonight. She better not annoy me as much as I've heard -- or I know a little city in Crylines that would be perfect for her.
  • I'm trying to get into hockey. Yeah, I know, that's random. But I actually watched a game tonight, and I'm trying to think of what team I should cheer for. Like football, there's no way I can root for either Pennsylvania team, but I don't mind the ones in New York. You would think I'd be all over Minnesota, but I hate their colors. Their name is stupid too. Also, they looked bad tonight.

Alright. I'm ready for you, winter. Let it snow.

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 2

On 2019-01-15 at 11:54 PM, Spaz said:

Those are the last Pixar movies I was able to enjoy. 

The thing is I’m not the target audience. Everything post 2010 that Pixar and Dreamworks has made is just crap to me. You have children, so you basically have to watch those movies with them. 

That’s like me back in the 1990s when I went to Blockbuster to rent VHS tapes of the cartoon The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. My parents thought it was stupid, but I enjoyed the show. 

Now I’m more intrigued with hour long HBO melodramas. Because I’m older I can understand them better. 

Depends on the person. Sometimes I take myself too seriously, other times I don’t. 

I have no intention on having children. I’m just glad I’m not a kid today, what with all the fearmongering and shit going on. 

The part I want to focus on is what I highlighted bold in your post. We focus far too much on negativity now. If you look at my posts you may think I’m a ranting asshole who is here to piss others off. But in reality I’m a very calm, relaxed and laid back person. 

Part of this problem is the times we’re living in. Every day you hear something about Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin, and honestly that shit has gotten real old. I know that news is critically important but it’s shoved in our throats on a daily basis. 

Our smartphones catch up on this news and it’s thrown in our faces. Even non - political stations I used to love and religiously watch such as ESPN have become more politically minded. People I used to follow years ago on Twitter have Trump constantly in their minds and their tweets reflect that. 

It used to be where Facebook and Twitter were places you could hang out with your friends, but since both websites have devolved into nothing but political bullshit and spreading viral content I no longer go on them. 

It’s good to have laughter and fun on occasion. Laughter is of course the best medicine. 

The internet as it is today isn’t something I truly enjoy anymore. 

Well said. Even worst that its slowly creeping its way into the gaming industry too. 

Edited by NaseemJohn

32 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

• What you ALSO may have noticed is that I started a new game. And probably not one you saw coming. Yes, I know I said I'd get to RE4 eventually, but you probably didn't expect me to choose it for my platinum-less game in the TTIHAG event. The way I see it, the whole point of the event is to choose games that best REPRESENT each category -- not simply fulfill it. For example -- sure, I could've played some cheap indie game that is beatable in one sitting -- but that's not the kind of game that people complain about not having a platinum. RE4 is like a 25+ hour long slog, and is probably far more worthy of a platinum than many games out there. And that is why it is perfect for this event.

It still irks me that game does not have a platinum.

I know I complained to people about the Hitman 2 trophy list and how they weren't going to buy it because it doesn't have a platinum. But Resident Evil 4 was just PERFECT for a platinum and Capcom had to go and ruin it.

I understand it's an older game and all but older games can have platinum trophies as well.

Speaking of which, I still need to play the Resident Evil reboot. It's been sitting on my PS4 hard drive for over two years and I still haven't gotten around to it.

32 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

Alright. I'm ready for you, winter. Let it snow.

For the first time ever in my lifetime, it's probably not going to snow in my area.

I blame global warming. Bothers me that our winters haven't been as cold as they used to be.

7 minutes ago, NaseemJohn said:

Well said. The worst part is that its slowly creeping its way into the gaming industry too. 

I know. But what do you mean about the gaming industry?

Edited by Spaz

6 minutes ago, Spaz said:

It still irks me that game does not have a platinum.

I know I complained to people about the Hitman 2 trophy list and how they weren't going to buy it because it doesn't have a platinum. But Resident Evil 4 was just PERFECT for a platinum and Capcom had to go and ruin it.

I understand it's an older game and all but older games can have platinum trophies as well.

Speaking of which, I still need to play the Resident Evil reboot. It's been sitting on my PS4 hard drive for over two years and I still haven't gotten around to it.

For the first time ever in my lifetime, it's probably not going to snow in my area.

I blame global warming. Bothers me that our winters haven't been as cold as they used to be.

I know. But what do you mean about the gaming industry?

Politics and political agendas slowly crawling into the gaming industry. 

Edited by NaseemJohn

On 1/16/2019 at 9:41 AM, Cassylvania said:

I'm not going to recommend this game or PlayLink to anybody, but I think it's decent enough for what it is.

Boooo!!! I had already bought it around Christmas so come hell or high water, that will be my peripheral choice. I've been trying to sell my wife on playing it all week. We're supposed to have snow on Sunday and she just finished up her book. I think I have her up to like a 25% chance to actually try this game with me. I only need her to for a few hours I think to get the co-op stuff done...if not I'll be trying to dual phone it.

On 1/16/2019 at 9:41 AM, Cassylvania said:

BUT INSIDE OUT WAS GREAT. Arguably the best Pixar film without "Toy Story" in the title. It was fun and imaginative and everything The Emoji Movie was not.

I agree with this 100%. I got all choked up about Bing Bong and my wife was flat out sobbing. It was really clever and I thought the voice actors were perfect for their emotion. I actually saw this movie the first time as part of an in-flight movie when I had to fly to a wedding, but I quickly added it to my library when I got home.

10 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Shitties: Crylines really wants to test my patience. There are four -- count 'em, FOUR -- trophies that are meant to simply waste my time: 1001 Nights, The Plowmaster, Cables Galore, and What the...?

lol yuck...maybe I won't be starting that one up any time soon. If I did, it would have to be while I'm playing something on my PS3 backlog.

• Now, what you're probably thinking is, "But C-dawg, if you're letting that game beat itself, how will you play other games?" That, my child, is where the PS3 comes in. If ever there were a time where having a second console is a necessity, this is it.
  • So, yes, I will be picking up a PS3 tomorrow.

I actually have that as a bracelet. Most people have their WWJD bracelet's...but I have a WWC-DD bracelet. That's awesome that you are making the PS3 investment. I still use mine a ton and I know you've been Jonesing for some XCOM 1. I would still like to be a sniper for your team if you're taking requests. Which vendor did you end up going with and what games are you picking up with it?

I'm trying to get into hockey. Yeah, I know, that's random. But I actually watched a game tonight, and I'm trying to think of what team I should cheer for. Like football, there's no way I can root for either Pennsylvania team, but I don't mind the ones in New York. You would think I'd be all over Minnesota, but I hate their colors. Their name is stupid too. Also, they looked bad tonight.

I love hockey. I didn't start to watch it until college, so it is the game I know the least about, but HD TV did more for hockey than any of the other sports imo. It was tough to watch back in the day since it was easy to lose the puck. It is so fast and exciting, especially in person. Sadly, I only really get to watch playoff hockey. Since my wife doesn't really like sports, I had to make a deal with her. I wouldn't make her watch sports every night so long as I was able to watch football every Sunday during the season without complaint. Now I know what you're probably thinking "But B-dawg, why don't you watch the game on one TV while your wife watches what she wants on another" I would be open to this, however she likes to spend time with me for some reason and between our kids and our jobs, this would mean we never spend anytime with each other...so I have bitten the bullet. Baseball, Basketball and Hockey I only can watch with impunity during the playoffs. I myself am a Bruins fan...but I'm sure you could figure that out :) During the NHL '94 hockey days on the Genesis, Chicago was my favorite since Jeremy Roenick was the boss in that game...I also had a soft spot for Pittsburgh since I loved Lemieux...but now that I actually follow hockey, it's the Bruins.

On my gaming front. I have only one or two days left for VC4. I need to unlock a couple of missions and do one more Squad Story. I couldn't figure out why one of them wasn't appearing since I thought it had to do with bringing the soldiers to Corporal...I figured out it is based on usage and for the non-special characters it coincides with getting the Corporal rank, but for those with a unique rank, I need to use them. I really like the Squad Stories since it helps make me care about the peripheral characters. Very fun game and worthy of being #75.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

My favorite part about the gaming community is how they only care about politics once their little girl groping simulators get censored.

Censorship is pretty dumb when you consider the esrb rating is there for a reason, I also don't play little girl groping simulators so I have no clue what you're talking about. 

14 hours ago, Jens said:

I found the perfect candidate for my Bad Rep game in the 10TIHAG (beautiful)... I'll play Foul Play! :) 

Gotta look up the Cassygames strategy guide to prepare myself for it.

When I said, "Do the Foul Play!" I didn't actually mean DO the Foul Play. That's not a game I'd recommend to anyone.

Then again, I guess that's the point of playing a shitty game for the event... Just wait until you see what I have picked out for myself for that one. ?

ANYWAY, after much frustration and more additional money spent than I would've liked, I finally have an operational PS3. I forgot how much I love that *DING!* sound when a trophy pops. Why does the PS4 not have that? (Or did I stupidly disable it when I went into the options?) Either way, I made XCOM: Enemy Unknown my first PS3 game, and @Briste helped me earn my very first trophy. I worked so hard for that one.

In order to platinum this game, I'm going to have to play through it five times (six if I get XCOM:EW, which you know I will). Thassa lotta playthroughs. I spent the better part of the night thinking what I'd do for my first playthrough, and I've decided...to make it kinda boring. Yeah, I could try Classic/Ironman or a no death run or something crazy, but I honestly don't remember this game much. For my first playthrough, I'm just going to do Easy, grab whatever trophies come naturally, and basically relearn the game so that I'm better prepared for the epic challenges that lie ahead. Because of that, I'm going to hold off on making PSNP soldiers. (Plus, a female became my first sniper, and I'm pretty sure you only need one in the game.) Just think of this as a test run -- both for me, and for my new PS3.

I will try to make this a little exciting, though, so I'm going to do a forced Ironman run, where I just accept whatever screw-ups I make, AND I'm not going to hire any additional soldiers from the original 12. Among the Dirty Dozen, we have Ruben "Sandwich" Lopez (I'll be sticking to default names, but I like to create my own nicknames) the Heavy, William Clarke the Assault, Sarah Carpenter the Sniper, and Trace O'Reilly the Support (okay, her name was originally Tracy, but I tweaked it to make it cooler). We also have Hiroki Suzuki the Rookie joining us in this next mission. Dude better not go Sniper. That's a wasted spot at this point.

Still waiting on this "big" snowstorm.

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 3

Glad to see you got a PS3! :D I should really try XCOM 2 some day but I think I’m gonna go with Valkyria Chronicles for the strategy section of my bingo card. 

Pretty sure you accidentally disabled the trophy sound on the PS4 because it’s definitely there. :P

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Spaz said:

Let me know how Batman: Arkham City is.

I gave up on those Riddler combat and predator challenges a few years ago but managed to 100 percent Arkham Knight. So I definitely have the ability to 100 percent City.

I prefer Arkham City to Arkham Knight, which I think is the general consensus. The combat and predator challenges are annoying, though. I'll pick some weekend to try to knock them all out, I think...

On 1/19/2019 at 10:12 AM, Kent10201 said:

Glad to see you got a PS3! :D I should really try XCOM 2 some day but I think I’m gonna go with Valkyria Chronicles for the strategy section of my bingo card. 

Oh, definitely. If I was going to recommend one of those games to somebody, I'd pick VC any day. XCOM is a very niche game. I'm not even sure why I like it as much as I do.

Anyway, things were going great. I was completing missions, trophies were popping left and right, and I thought I had made good progress against the alien scum. Then I shot down the Overseer. I...probably should've been more prepared for this mission. I have only one soldier with an armor upgrade, three weapons that are upgraded (and only to laser), and my best Sniper sat this one out because she was having Psi-Op testing. Naturally, this means we nearly wiped. A stupid sectopod was waiting for us right at the landing site and he made short work of Ice. Wells and O'Reilly tried to make it to him in time, but they both died in an explosion because I forgot floaters could do that. Also, it didn't help that Sandwich missed a rocket and blew up their cover. And hurt them. Badly. But that's XCOM, baby...

Oh, and did I mention RNG completely screwed me over with Snipers?

PROGRESS ON XCOM: ENEMY UNKNOWN (PLAYTHROUGH 1/5: EASY MODE)

ALIVE

HEAVY/PSI OP: Ruben “Sandwich” Lopez (Kills: 31)

HEAVY/PSI OP: James Turner (Kills: 7)

HEAVY: Sharon Willis (Kills: 2)

ASSAULT/PSI OP: William “Slick Willie” Clarke (Kills: 29)

ASSAULT: Harry “Hooch” Hall (Kills: 22)

SNIPER: Sarah “The Fish” Carpenter (Kills: 36)

SNIPER/PSI OP: Hiroki “Wasted Spot” Suzuki (Kills: 9)

SNIPER: Sean O’Connor (Kills: 1)

SNIPER: Erin Kelly (Kills: 1)

KILLED IN ACTION

SUPPORT/PSI OP: Tracy “Trace” O’Reilly (Kills: 9) – died in an explosion, alongside Wells (Operation Flying Hawk)

SUPPORT/PSI OP: Rachel “Soccer Mom” Wells (Kills: 7) – died in an explosion, alongside O’Reilly (Operation Flying Hawk)

SUPPORT: Arne “Ice” Berg (Kills: 3) – died by sectopod; bled out because ALL MY SUPPORTS ARE DEAD (Operation Flying Hawk)

Medals will be rewarded to Sandwich, Slick Willie, and Wasted Spot -- hereby collectively referred to as the "Three Kings" -- for saving Operation Flying Hawk, after a complete annihilation of our medics. This is normally where I would be reloading my save. I...will be recruiting more soldiers, despite what I said before.

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 2

I'm going to guess you're going to pick up Spec Ops: The Line. Fairly easy overall apart from FUBAR difficulty.

If I were you I would pick up the Dead Space games. Dead Space 3 is iffy, mostly because the series turned into a third person cover shooter rather than a survival horror game. Still not a terrible game.

I'm feeling a little antsy for Hardcore difficulty in Dead Space 2 however. Only playing with three saves may be rather hectic.

• Like 2

So I just finished Dead Cells and all I have to say is...SCREW CHALLENGE RIFTS. I played this game for 50 hours and still had to search for 7 hours straight just to find one. How is this a common trophy?! 

Anyway, the game is fantastic besides that and I highly recommend you all play it. I definitely think it's something both @Cassylvania and @Jens will enjoy. The game can be "cheated" using a couple of different strategies so the plat isn't too difficult but getting through boss cells 3 and 4 wasn't easy. 

My Hero One's Justice is next and from what I've played it's gonna be...boring. Hopefully it gets better, but there's nothing special about it so far. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Jens said:

There's a high chance that you're right on the Jens part and it's already purchased. But with the 10 Things event going on it's on the bench at the moment :P But good to hear some recommendations because that game is still pretty obscure overall. I just hate seeing "beat X without being hit"...

You could always use it for your Ultra Rare category. :awesome: The beat X without getting hit trophies are actually really easy with the right builds. Each one only took me about 5-10 minutes and I got one or two without even going for it. xD Boss cells 3 and 4 are the only really challenging trophies but they're still doable with the right strategies and builds. Let me know when you start it and I'd be happy to give you some tips. :D

• Like 1