Cassylvania's Miserable Little Pile of Platinums

Cassylvania

1 hour ago, Briste said:

You should apply to NFL.com or something as a writer/contributor. If you consistently do stuff like that, it's very interesting and I'm sure it would get a lot of clicks. People love reading/talking about playoff scenarios. Plus with your flair, it'd be entertaining as well.

Do you think there is a Super Smash Brothers site like that? I could make up a ton of crazy scenarios. :)

1 hour ago, Briste said:

Is Beyond Two Souls the second part of that series?

While I never intend to play Quantic Dreams stuff, I have seen enough to believe that Beyond: Two Souls is a separate story but it's the second game in the series.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Briste said:

Is Beyond Two Souls the second part of that series? I feel like I have one or both of those games in my backlog from PS+ sale. I've heard they are good...

It’s not a series, just made my the same company. Completely different stories, just gameplay remains the same. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

We're like night and day then. I mean I won't back down from completing a game, but recently I have been less interested in any game except two which don't give trophies(though they have their own achievement systems, Super Smash Brothers unlocks cool photos of characters in the game when you complete challenges. Wish I could hammer that stupid challenge to clear Classic Mode on the hardest difficulty, but nope, they locked that. :() so it will take some time.

There's nothing inherently wrong with preferring easy games. Those are often the most fun, which is what gaming should be about. You could probably even say I had more fun playing Skyrim on the easiest difficulty than Dark Souls on, well, its only difficult -- even though I consider Dark Souls a much better game. For me, I like to understand the rules of the game and then come up with ways to manipulate those rules to my advantage. I was doing this back in the days of Sim Theme Park, where I'd build concession stands near the entrance, load them with sodium so customers would have to buy an overpriced drink, and then place the bathrooms way in the back of the park so they'd pass by all of the rides on the way out. There's just something so enjoyable about making yourself feel more clever than you really are.

6 hours ago, Briste said:

You should apply to NFL.com or something as a writer/contributor. If you consistently do stuff like that, it's very interesting and I'm sure it would get a lot of clicks. People love reading/talking about playoff scenarios. Plus with your flair, it'd be entertaining as well.

Every once in a while I'll check out ESPN.com to see if they have any interesting positions available I could do since they are located in Bristol, which is about 45 minutes to an hour away from me. Usually, the jobs available involve some sort of web design or programming, which I have no ability with. What I'd love to do is be the person that updates the live-stream of games for the website. That'd be pretty sweet job. Of course, my dream job is to be the official score keeper for the Boston Red Sox...but for now I guess banker will have to do.

You could probably do a better job than whoever monitors the games on NFL.com. I use that website to follow games I'm not watching (which is just about all of them this year) and it's CONSTANTLY messing up. Sometimes I'll have to flip between that, the radio, and my phone just to know what's going on. Like, that OT game between the Vikings and Packers back in Week 2. Yeah, I was going crazy because the thing froze right when it appeared the Vikings had tied the game up and were going for the extra point (which, as you know, is never a sure thing for this team). That's also how I "watched" the Chargers game last night.

But nah, I could be wrong about the playoff scenarios. There are always some weird rules that I never fully understand, or some situation I didn't consider. I'll let their computers do the work for me. (Or maybe the Vikings can just win a game already so I can stop figuring out what all needs to work in their favor now.)

Are you an Aquatic Biologist like you were drunk the other night, or did you actually go to school for that :) ? I also wouldn't mind seeing them do to the Dolphins what the Japanese did to them in that South Park episode.

?

I mean, I took a lot of marine science classes in school. I guess that makes me an expert.

I call BS lol anyone that was organized enough to plan the 1886 Plat to be their 1886 trophy is a pretty savvy planner. Maybe the in advance is the important part of that sentence though...Do you have any other interesting planned trophies for specific numbers? I'm a little disappointed that I didn't pay much attention to the milestones or cool things like that until the last year or so. Fortunately, none of mine are terrible but if I had the choice I'd only have every 25th platinum show up and probably only every 1000th trophy. Awesomely, if they do let us modify and I can pick #25...my 25th Plat was XCom 2 :)

I actually think 1886 was a coincidence, really. I mean, I think I was planning on playing that game around the time I did, and then I saw the platinum would end up being #1886 if I didn't play anything else in between, so I went for it. I don't have any plans for future trophies like that, although I've come up with ones I thought might be cool. (Oh, and the Dark Souls plat is #666 for me. ?)

4 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Do you think there is a Super Smash Brothers site like that? I could make up a ton of crazy scenarios. :)

While I never intend to play Quantic Dreams stuff, I have seen enough to believe that Beyond: Two Souls is a separate story but it's the second game in the series.

I'm sure there are websites devoted to stories about Smash Brothers, but....um...you might be getting into the weird part of the internet, if you know what I mean.

ANYWAY, Darkest D is back to 100%. It was a mild challenge, but nothing a Jester couldn't handle. Better luck in the sequel, Darkester Dungeon.

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I was doing this back in the days of Sim Theme Park, where I'd build concession stands near the entrance, load them with sodium so customers would have to buy an overpriced drink, and then place the bathrooms way in the back of the park so they'd pass by all of the rides on the way out. There's just something so enjoyable about making yourself feel more clever than you really are.

From personal experience, I know that eating salty chips(I am eating some brisket-flavored chips right now) leads to sipping on soda and then I have to go to the bathroom afterwards. If I was in your park, I'd probably be trapped. That's shrewd business tactics. xD

Anyways, I just watched Star Wars: The Force Awakens... (sees reaction) J/K, I played through a LEGO version. It was really interesting and maybe I should have tried going to the movie. I might just see Rogue One as TT has already gone into LEGO Incredibles(which I just rented). Great story.

18 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

It’s not a series, just made my the same company. Completely different stories, just gameplay remains the same. 

Good to know. Thanks! I usually try to play games in order so it's nice to know I can do these at any time.

14 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I actually think 1886 was a coincidence, really. I mean, I think I was planning on playing that game around the time I did, and then I saw the platinum would end up being #1886 if I didn't play anything else in between, so I went for it. I don't have any plans for future trophies like that, although I've come up with ones I thought might be cool. (Oh, and the Dark Souls plat is #666 for me. 1f608.png)

Well however it worked out for you...I think it's pretty cool that it's like that. The Dark Souls one is nice too lol. I guess you're getting to the number of trophies where it will be harder to find that stuff to match. It would have been fun to make like trophy #1997 Terminator Salvation Plat to sync up with D-Day or my Civilization 2 platinum to be trophy number #1215 to match the Magna Carta signing.

Interestingly enough, my #666 trophy is the Batman Arkham Knight "Death of Innocents" Trophy which isn't terribly named for that spot.

14 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

ANYWAY, Darkest D is back to 100%. It was a mild challenge, but nothing a Jester couldn't handle. Better luck in the sequel, Darkester Dungeon.

I guess that didn't turn out to be too bad. I have three more missions to do and I'm done with Spider-Man (for a week). I think I'll bank out the FFXV 100% Comrades Multiplayer stand alone that everyone is bitching about and then start on VC4 for #75. 

This weekend is one of the best of the year since we get Saturday football and I'm actually interested in both games so cheers to that. 

• Like 2

Well, I had to get my cat vaccinated and that took all day because the clinic was on the other side of town, and now I have precious little time before I have to go back downtown to go to church because my parents are headed to see my sister tomorrow morning, so all I have managed to do was get two miscellaneous trophies in LEGO Star Wars TFW on my Vita. Those collectibles are so much of a b***h to find.

I am going to try to set up a 24-hour marathon of nothing but getting trophies. I just bought two very easy games(Raining Pennies and Linelight) and found that Waking Violet could be downloaded on my PS4 but it might have a stacking list so I won't get any extra trophies from the PS4 version. Should download Teslagrad from my other library and get that done. Maybe even try to work some Dark Cloud 2 in.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2018 at 2:26 AM, DragonQuest238 said:

Anyways, I just watched Star Wars: The Force Awakens... (sees reaction) J/K, I played through a LEGO version. It was really interesting and maybe I should have tried going to the movie. I might just see Rogue One as TT has already gone into LEGO Incredibles(which I just rented). Great story.

I loved TFA (the movie, but the LEGO game was good too). I just wish they had more modern Star Wars games that don't have "LEGO" or "Battlefront" in the title. Seemed like there were hundreds of those games for older consoles...

On 12/15/2018 at 11:29 AM, Briste said:

This weekend is one of the best of the year since we get Saturday football and I'm actually interested in both games so cheers to that. 

I FINALLY figured out how to watch games (using what is totally my own Sling account), so I was able to watch the Browns and the Keenums. I was confused on who to cheer for, but I'm always happy to see a Cleveland team win. Now, tell your boys to beat the Steelers to keep that AFC North divisional win alive!

In fact, let's break down everything that needs to happen today:

1. Vikings over Double Lateral Dolphins
  2. The cheese over Bears (where is the vomit emoji?)
  3. Whoever is QB for the Jags over whoever is QB for the Redskins
  4. 49ers over Seahawks (highly unlikely and probably wouldn't help anyway)
  5. Rams over Eagles
  6. Saints over Panthers (tomorrow)

Some other outcomes would be nice, but I'd be fine with those.

ANYWAY, started and finished Bard's Gold this weekend. What is Bard's Gold? Well, it's one of those games that's always on sale on the PSN store for like $0.99. It's actually a decent roguelike (?) platformer. Fairly hard in the beginning, but you get upgrades that carry on to your next playthrough. The only really difficult trophy is the one that requires beating an entire world without dying, which I failed at repeatedly. You wouldn't think it'd be that hard, but this is like I Wanna Be The Guy at times, with traps in some of the most annoying places. And one hit deaths, of course. (Yeah, you can get a shield, but I found it didn't work most of the time.)

• Like 2

Platinum #145 - God of War (2018)

1L13ff8b.png

Not much more to say about this one. The collectibles are a little annoying thanks to the so-called "fast" travel system, but the game showed mercy at one point and just handed me a trophy before I was even done collecting everything. Ivaldi's Workshop was...tedious, but the Queen Valkyrie was a good end game/secret (?) boss. I liked how her moveset forced you to master everything you used to kill the other Valkyries. I died at least a dozen times before I switched out my Runics and upgraded my armor. After that, I killed her on my next try.

As always with really good games, let's recognize some artwork out there.

Image result for dad of boy kratos
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Jens said:

So overall it was worth it as your pick for AAA game of the year? And what's next on the to-do-list?

Who knew that Flinthook's deceptively intimidating platinum rarity might come in handy for you next year :P

Yeah, I saw that. I jotted down a few ideas for some of the categories, but I'll probably wait until next year to finalize it. I like that it's almost three months long, AND that it doesn't overlap with any other events. It's been exhausting trying to do two complete lists at the same time.

As for GoW? Um... I guess I'd need a complete list of AAA games that came out this year, and also ones I actually played. It might be my only AAA game this year. But I'll probably get to Spider-Man and Shadow of the Tomb Raider soon, so I'll let you know.

Next on the list is SLIME RANCHER. I wanted a farming game for Maids that wasn't Stardew Valley or Harvest Moon (due to time constraints), and I remembered seeing a review for this before. I've played for a couple hours so far and it seems pretty fun. I have no clue what I'm doing, but it keeps giving me trophies, so I assume I'm on the right track. Just haven't found much of a use for my ranch yet, since I can just suck up plorts off the ground from the slimes outside my house. (That was the oddest sentence I've ever said.)

I'm going to need a replacement game for Swans too. I don't want to do Heavy Rain again, and The Unfinished Swan is out. I have a couple ideas, but I'm going to need somebody to vouch for them. Seasons After Fall? Subnautica? If only I had saved Burly Men at Sea, like everybody else...

Need to get back to work on KH:CoM too. I'm just about to level 99 with Riku. I might just work on it while watching House tonight. I'm almost to season 5. I like the show (only saw it sporadically before, so I decided to binge the whole thing), but I have several issues with it -- starting with how extremely formulaic the episodes are. I don't remember CSI ever being this bad, and that was a show that did the whole one-case-per-episode thing. But I blame the writers, not the actors. The actors are great.

Where did all the good writers go? (Certainly not to season 5+ of Dexter.)

• Like 2

Nice artwork you put up there, Cassy. Very funny but true to life about the new God of War. :)

Anyways, don't hate me: I created a new account, but I will keep posting under this moniker for the time being and I will probably still platinum games on this account but only Vita games since I can't bear to pawn off my Vita(since it is a good makeshift digital camera, better than my smartphone, I still have images of my sister's Halloween Party on it :P) and there are some nice games. One day I might platinum Sly Cooper! xD

I know you told me to not worry about a perfect profile, and I thought about it for a long time, but I decided to make a new resolution to try to be more diligent about the games I play and not play games that I totally utterly hate. I won't crap my pants if I can't complete all of the DLC on a game or get a perfect 100%, but at least this time I won't be tricked by games which say they are easy platinums but are harder than they look. (coughcoughAlteric) Also, it is 100% Phil-free, and we can agree that the mustachioed English bachelor needs to "Not go to heaven." ? In fact, I am going to avoid Lightwood Studios on this new account. There are some EZPZ games but they at least TRY to be decent. POWGI can screw the pooch, literally, since he's created ANOTHER series of word searches. :(

Christmas is a week away. You going to be having fun times with your family? One of my sisters has noped out because she's spending the holidays with her in-laws. Well, time to fire up the Christmas music and go out to buy some eggnog. ;)

9 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Anyways, don't hate me: I created a new account, but I will keep posting under this moniker for the time being and I will probably still platinum games on this account but only Vita games since I can't bear to pawn off my Vita(since it is a good makeshift digital camera, better than my smartphone, I still have images of my sister's Halloween Party on it :P) and there are some nice games. One day I might platinum Sly Cooper! xD

I know you told me to not worry about a perfect profile, and I thought about it for a long time, but I decided to make a new resolution to try to be more diligent about the games I play and not play games that I totally utterly hate. I won't crap my pants if I can't complete all of the DLC on a game or get a perfect 100%, but at least this time I won't be tricked by games which say they are easy platinums but are harder than they look. (coughcoughAlteric) Also, it is 100% Phil-free, and we can agree that the mustachioed English bachelor needs to "Not go to heaven." 1f602.png In fact, I am going to avoid Lightwood Studios on this new account. There are some EZPZ games but they at least TRY to be decent. POWGI can screw the pooch, literally, since he's created ANOTHER series of word searches. :(

You know, you can resolve to make changes WITHOUT making a new account all the time. Your obsession with having a clean slate and these bizarre, self-imposed rules is very destructive behavior. Far be it from me to tell someone how their gaming profile should look, but why not treat it more like a story, where any lessons you learn are reflected in future games you play? If you find you aren't liking Lightwood Studios, then just don't play any more of their games. Making a new account doesn't change the fact that you already played the ones you did. And if it's seeing the game on the profile that bothers you...you do know you can hide the game, right?

Anyway, I like to think of my account as a journey. It hasn't always been pretty, and I've played several games I regret, but I'd rather take a few chances than be stuck playing the same games over and over again, or never trying something outside of my comfort zone. It really is more fun this way.

Got a little further in Slime Rancher tonight. I now have a fairly self-sufficient farm. I have pink slimes, glowy blue slimes, cat slimes, spiny slimes, radioactive slimes, exploding slimes, and an unhealthy amount of chickens for them to eat. Yes, the slimes eat chickens. Well, some of them. The others eat fruits and vegetables, and I have plenty of gardens for those too. I'm trying to organize my ranch so that each corral is next to the preferred food source for that slime. That should cut down on my running time. But then you gotta consider other things too, like, "Should I place my radioactive slime next to my exploding slime?" and "Can trees grow in caves?" Also a topic for consideration: "Why am I playing a game where the primary objective is to sell slime poop?"

That's 2018 in a nutshell, really.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Your obsession with having a clean slate and these bizarre, self-imposed rules is very destructive behavior.

Yes, I do admit that acting like Ash Ketchum every time he enters a new region is a bit ridiculous. I mean, he owns 100 Pokemon he never uses because he has to train the new Pokemon. If the writers wanted a character who gets his first Pokemon all of the time, they should just drop Ash Ketchum and start a new story. They were doing pretty well with Alain's journey to defeat every type of Mega Evolution. Too bad it was only a mini-series. :(

I also agree that my opinion on the Pokemon anime(and why I have stopped watching it) shows how badly I failed to defend my actions because I was scolding the writers for not creating a new character instead of sticking with boring old Ash Ketchum. I mean, they even made him look like typical anime heroes with their ugly anger emotes. I liked the Kalos Ash Ketchum. Okay, stopping here.

4 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I'd rather take a few chances than be stuck playing the same games over and over again, or never trying something outside of my comfort zone. It really is more fun this way.

It's a bit too late for me. :( If I had your attitude when I got into high school, I would not be playing video games. I'd be married with kids and watching them play video games instead. xD It could have been much worse than dying as a 70-year old virgin, I could have done very nasty things with my life. I won't try to say any more but I will state that I am making a New Year's resolution to try to be more honest with myself about what I like to play.

9 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

You do this every few months. And it actually makes me sick inside to think how many times you've replayed the same old games, getting the same old platinums over and over, just to throw it all away and do it again. Like, I'm physically sick. There is vomit coming out of my mouth. Actual vomit is being ejected from my body at the thought of doing what you're doing, being stuck in an endless loop of gaming.

I'm sorry I made you nauseous. I did not realize how bad I made you feel. Sorry. I'll try to take your advice, I promise. :(

EDIT: I have a long blog post about why I am doing this, but the short and long of it is that I don't mind playing some games over again. I enjoyed going through Cat Quest again because it was well done. If I was doing games like My Name Is Mayo which is a tap-fest, I would be sick too, but I have banned all stupid games like Little Adventures and Phil from the box. You'll see games like Kingdom Hearts and Dragon Quest and other long RPGs, but I enjoyed the look and feel of Tetra's Escape and Midnight Deluxe and I don't want to spend two months between platinums because I am probably going to take forever to get those platinums the way things are going.

You wanna talk about self-destructive behavior? How about trying to get 1299 Spirits in Super Smash Brothers Ultimate. Some of the Spirit Battles made me a sinful potty mouth with how stupidly Bullsh they are. xD I would just go online and get a super high Global Smash score but I am waiting until I feel I can afford to pay $20 for a yearly online service.

Edited by SuperSmash5U

29 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

Ain't nothing "new" about that. You do this every few months. And it actually makes me sick inside to think how many times you've replayed the same old games, getting the same old platinums over and over, just to throw it all away and do it again. Like, I'm physically sick. There is vomit coming out of my mouth. Actual vomit is being ejected from my body at the thought of doing what you're doing, being stuck in an endless loop of gaming. Just move on. No more accounts, no more epiphanies. If it's meant to be, it'll be. Baby, just let it be.

lol Take some Pepto...it'll help. I will say I don't understand it either, but there is something very intriguing about living Ground Hog Day out. Maybe we can help break the cycle...CJQuestSmash5U...what is your goal with this profile? You referenced the "Perfect Profile" but I'm wondering what that is for you? I personally don't believe there is such a thing as the "Perfect Profile." I look at mine as a diary of my gaming career since I started playing the PS3 and beyond. Some games I like more than others, and with me playing events more frequently...I can look at a snippet of my profile and be like "oh yeah, that was for this event..." or "I remember that time when I discovered XCOM and played all the releases." At the end of the day, nobody really cares about anyone's profile outside of their own (other than for leader boards I guess). It's fun to commiserate and tell war stories, give recommendations and maybe play together...but nobody really cares (at least they shouldn't) what is on someone else's profile. Just play what you want and go from there. 

I think I'm feeling what you did when you first started VC4 Cassy. There is a lot of similarities between the characters. Welkin and Claude are pretty similar, Raz reminds me a lot of Rosie and Alicia is pretty similar to Riley...I know they won you over in the end so I'm interested to see their development. I'm nervous for my buddy Raz though...he keeps referring to himself as 'Invincible', which based on my recollection of foreshadowing from my high school English classes...usually spells trouble for the character. I am surprised so far about all the sexual undertones in this one. It's been humorous so far, but I don't remember it being so blatant in the last game.

So far, they kept everything I loved about the first one and even improved. I love that new SP option where you can group a few together to advance without using AP for the two followers. I'm going to break my protocol and start up Raymen Legends so I can start that online grind for the 10 things I hate about gaming contest. I'll chip away at the daily/weekly contests for the awesomeness trophy and spend the majority of my time on VC4.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Briste said:

Maybe we can help break the cycle...CJQuestSmash5U...what is your goal with this profile?

As I said in editing my last post, it's to complete games that I enjoy earning the trophies in and experiencing. I want to start cracking open Dragon Quest XI, but I am getting rid of Dragon Quest Heroes and Heroes II because, despite their whole Super Smash Brothers feel with characters from all the Dragon Quests, I don't really like musou games much. I do like Dragon Quest Builders and hope to play the sequel because those games have a casual creative feel with building stuff. I will keep that game on my file and upload fun creations to the server. I want to do games where Youtube has platinum trophy speed-runs because they have neat tricks to make the grind less painful.

That doesn't mean every platinum will take two months from start to finish(I am not a speed runner) but Midnight Deluxe was a beautiful yet easy experience and you don't have to finish every level. I like platinums of games which don't require a true 100% because those games have really tough end games that can make you rage-quit. I tried to beat the final boss of Teslagrad but it was too much for me. If I do redo Teslagrad, I know I will still have to defeat all of the other bosses but the puzzles are the real pain in the rear for me, but it's a lovely game. I wanted to try World to the West but the physical copy I got was damaged and defective and kept crashing when it started. :(

8 hours ago, Briste said:

Just play what you want and go from there. 

That's exactly what I want. You're right, the forum here is fun to chat with but do people really hire you for a job because you got 100 platinums? Nope, so from now on, I am going to look at every game I own on my libraries and which is on sale on the PSN store and ask this question:

"Did I enjoy the experience/will I enjoy the experience if I play this game, and will you be willing to spend time to get as many trophies as you can on this game?"

14 hours ago, Briste said:

I think I'm feeling what you did when you first started VC4 Cassy. There is a lot of similarities between the characters. Welkin and Claude are pretty similar, Raz reminds me a lot of Rosie and Alicia is pretty similar to Riley...I know they won you over in the end so I'm interested to see their development. I'm nervous for my buddy Raz though...he keeps referring to himself as 'Invincible', which based on my recollection of foreshadowing from my high school English classes...usually spells trouble for the character. I am surprised so far about all the sexual undertones in this one. It's been humorous so far, but I don't remember it being so blatant in the last game.

Every time I forget I'm playing a Japanese game, Japan reminds me. I don't think it ever gets too obnoxious, though. The hot springs scene is...ridiculous, but it's a bonus episode, and I'm just going to tell myself it was a dream Claude had and not canon, because they really made Riley look like an airhead. (Then again, if you got to the part where she stomps on Claude's face, you already know with what level of pandering we're dealing with here.)

14 hours ago, Briste said:

So far, they kept everything I loved about the first one and even improved. I love that new SP option where you can group a few together to advance without using AP for the two followers.

I actually rarely used that, except for grinding and S ranks. Just be sure you're rotating through characters because you need to get them ALL to max rank for one of the trophies. (Or just be like me and use Kai the entire game because she's so ridiculously good.)

2 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

Back on topic, as it is @Cassylvania's thread afterall, I'm really looking forward to hearing your thoughts when you have finished playing Slime Rancher.  It's the kind of game that looks right up my alley.  I hope CoM is going well for you too - looks like you're pretty close and the worst part is done (Riku level grind)  Glad to see that you, @Briste and @Jens have all signed up for the 10 Things I Hate About Gaming event!  Love the idea and it seems like it's going to be a lot of fun :D

I'm surprised how much the thread has exploded for that. I went to see what kinds of games people were picking, and it's already at six pages.

I'm glad you avoided "Long, Unnecessary Grinding," because that's the thing I hate the most. MP trophies gotta be up there too. I don't want to give any spoilers away, but I'll likely end up doing Resident Evil 4 for Platinum-less, Kingdom Hearts 2 for Difficulty, Hollow Knight for Ultra Rare, and oh look Minecraft has decided we need an eighth DLC pack. I got just the spot for you.

Going to do Arkham City too, but the platinum/100% will take me all of 2019.

1 hour ago, eigen-space said:

Curious about this... is it just the rationale behind his particular case, or do you think that games shouldn't be platinumed/played more than once? Like, is stacking OK?

I'm basically going to echo what @Kent10201 said. It's okay if you're replaying games because you enjoy them, but CJ has made it clear that he does not. Also -- and this is obviously just my own opinion -- most of the games he replays are not ones I feel really warrant a second or third playthrough. To me, if a game is designed well, the platinum should be reached around the time when you've done all there is to do in a game, before it starts to get dull. For the most part, developers seem to understand this. That's why I don't really understanding stacking, because you've already shown you can beat a game, and there shouldn't be much left for you to do.

That said, I have platinumed some games multiple times. Dark Souls, for example, I've platinumed across three accounts. On this account, I think the only game I have that could be considered a stack is Shantae: Half-Genie Hero, but the regular game and the Ultimate Edition have different trophies, AND I love that game. I also probably platinumed XCOM 2 about eighteen times across all my playthroughs, and I can't wait for that new PlayStation feature that shows how much time you've logged on your PS4 comes to NA, because I bet I have close to 1000 hours in that game.

But when you're stacking stuff that has no replay value... Eh, I dunno. Some people just like having bigger trophy counts, I guess.

27 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

@Cassylvania I’m curious to hear your final thoughts on Slime Rancher. It seems like a cute little game I might enjoy in the future. Congrats on all of your recent platinums and 100%s like God of War and Darkest Dungeon.

Thanks! I'm going to hold off on reviewing Slime Rancher until I'm finished, because I'm not exactly sure how much effort is needed to get the platinum, and I'm a little worried about Rush Mode. But I did find the Glass Desert last night, which I guess is the "final" area of the game. I'm also going to say that largos are way better than regular slimes.

Next on SLIMER: TEXAS RANCHER, I will attempt to repair the Glass Desert, using the vast amount of money I have made from slime poop.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

(Then again, if you got to the part where she stomps on Claude's face, you already know with what level of pandering we're dealing with here.)

I'm in the mission just after that scene. Like I said, it's humorous, but most definitely pandering lol. Between that and Raz grabbing Kai's ass, I was like "Well this is a different approach than before lol." I'm only in Chapter 4 and I'm figuring it'll only ramp up from here. Sadly, I wasn't feeling terribly well last night and went to bed at 6:30pm so I didn't get any further. I'm feeling better today, but I have a work Xmas party to go to so I'm not sure if I'll get any playing time in tonight either.

7 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I actually rarely used that, except for grinding and S ranks. Just be sure you're rotating through characters because you need to get them ALL to max rank for one of the trophies. (Or just be like me and use Kai the entire game because she's so ridiculously good.)

I've been trying to rotate through as I go and not use the same scout or shock trooper two missions in a row. However, I love the Snipers and I've been using Kai a ton so far. I've only killed about 5 soldiers that weren't by sniper. The first few missions don't have the enemy crouching behind sand bags...they're just standing upright so they are prime for the pick'ens. I think I'll use the S ability quite a bit just so I can get some range out of Kai, without losing the AP. Who knows though. It was helpful in my last mission since I was able to have a lancer piggy back off of my scout and then have enough AP to travel where I needed her to blast the tank.

14 hours ago, SuperSmash5U said:

That's exactly what I want. You're right, the forum here is fun to chat with but do people really hire you for a job because you got 100 platinums? Nope, so from now on, I am going to look at every game I own on my libraries and which is on sale on the PSN store and ask this question:

"Did I enjoy the experience/will I enjoy the experience if I play this game, and will you be willing to spend time to get as many trophies as you can on this game?"

I guess I just don't understand why you can't do that same thing going forward on your existing account. The future is before you whether it's on this account or you change to a new one. I mean, it really doesn't matter to me if you change your handle every 3-6 months for as long as you play, it won't change what I'm playing. It's just hard to be interested in talking about your profile if we know it will be scrapped in the near future to start over again only to have the same conversations again. I feel like a lot of the people I've seen on here are really invested in their profile and it would be really hard to start over. For you, it's almost like changing underwear how often you start over, so it's understandable how people are losing interest in your trophy journey since it's just recycled and rehashed...I hope this one works out for you though so good luck!

No Thursday night football tonight, but that doesn't stop today from being interesting in the football world. Josh Gordon steps away from the Patriots due to failing the provisions of his reinstatement...actually, I think there is a parallel to be seen here....

• Like 4