Cassylvania's Miserable Little Pile of Platinums

Cassylvania

It's been a quiet few days in here so I figured I would pop in and say hi! I hope everyone had a wonderful Tuesday and got everything they wanted :) I didn't spend quite as much time at home as I would have liked, but overall had a very nice day.

On the gaming front, I'm doing something I've never done before and I don't like it lol. I have five 'active' games that I'm playing at once. I'm slowly slogging away at Space Hulk, I want to be playing VC4 exclusively, but since I signed up for the year long bingo event, I wanted to get started on Arkham City so I can try to do the Calendar Man legit. I didn't remember how early into the game you can get to calendar man, otherwise I probably wouldn't have started it until next week. What it made me realize though, is that playing Spider-Man has screwed up my Batman skills so I want to get the Spider-Man DLC out of the way and 100% that one so I don't have to worry about trying to re-remember those controls down the road. I can probably finish that up in the next day or so. I've also been playing Rayman Legends to get a jump start on the Awesomeness trophy.

Thankfully for the 10 Things I Hate About Games event, you don't need the platinum just the specific trophy, so I'm not going to stress myself out about getting Gold Trophy's every run so I have the Platinum by March 1st. The trophy that I will need for that event is The Competitor for beating a friends score 30 times. With @Jens and I playing that game right now, if you have it in your backlog from when it was free on PS+, now is not a bad time to play! I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit too. I wasn't sure I would because of the Awesomeness trophy...but it's been a fun platformer to this point.

I think my order of games right now will be 100% Spider-Man -> 100% VC4 -> Rayman Legends Main Game and continue daily challenges until 100% with Space Hulk in the background the whole time. I'll probably wait a bit on Arkham City outside of Calendar Man for a bit. I want to start tackling my 10 Things list pretty soon. 

How are you feeling about the Vikes this weekend? I feel like week 17 is always a crapshoot since some teams are resting players etc. This game means way more to the Vikings than the Bears and the Vikings are at home, but Cousins worries me. I would love to see Cleveland play spoiler and upset the Ravens. I think the Ravens are in regardless of the outcome? The Colts-Titans game is also a big one. Depending on how the weekend goes, I think the Patriots could be any of the top 4 seeds. If KC loses miraculously to Oakland and at the same time the Chargers lose to Denver...NE has the tie-breaker and could be 1. If they lose to the Jets and the Ravens and Texans win...they'd be the 4. Should be an exciting weekend of football though!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Briste said:

On the gaming front, I'm doing something I've never done before and I don't like it lol. I have five 'active' games that I'm playing at once. I'm slowly slogging away at Space Hulk, I want to be playing VC4 exclusively, but since I signed up for the year long bingo event, I wanted to get started on Arkham City so I can try to do the Calendar Man legit. I didn't remember how early into the game you can get to calendar man, otherwise I probably wouldn't have started it until next week.

I think it's pretty early. He's behind the courthouse, and that's one of the first buildings you can enter in the game. But maybe you need an upgrade to reach him... Hm. I'll need to look into that, because I want to do the same thing.

10 hours ago, Briste said:

How are you feeling about the Vikes this weekend? I feel like week 17 is always a crapshoot since some teams are resting players etc. This game means way more to the Vikings than the Bears and the Vikings are at home, but Cousins worries me. I would love to see Cleveland play spoiler and upset the Ravens. I think the Ravens are in regardless of the outcome? The Colts-Titans game is also a big one. Depending on how the weekend goes, I think the Patriots could be any of the top 4 seeds. If KC loses miraculously to Oakland and at the same time the Chargers lose to Denver...NE has the tie-breaker and could be 1. If they lose to the Jets and the Ravens and Texans win...they'd be the 4. Should be an exciting weekend of football though!

This whole year, the Vikings have been an average team. They beat the teams they should beat (Jets, Cardinals, 49ers, Lions, Dolphins), and lost to teams that belong in the playoffs (Saints, Rams, Bears, Seahawks, Patriots). As far as I'm concerned, this is the only game that matters. If Kirk Cousins can't deliver now, then getting him was a mistake. Unfortunately, even if the Vikings win, I won't be convinced that the Bears didn't let them win. Even if the Bears keep their starters in the whole game, on the off-chance that the 49ers beat the Rams so that the Bears can get the #2 seed, I wouldn't blame them for wanting to keep the Eagles out of the playoffs. We saw what happened with Nick Foles last year.

I'm still reminded of Christian Ponder's one good game. There was a Week 17 game not too long ago where the Vikings HAD to beat the Packers to get into the playoffs (for a chance to play them again, in GB). That was the ONE week where Ponder -- a guy who I had made excuses for all year -- finally stepped up and had a good game. I've been like that with Vikings' QBs ever since. Even with Case last year, I don't think I was ever critical of him. He wasn't a franchise QB, and he wasn't getting paid $84 million. That's why I was always be more critical of Cousins, and why he HAS to come up big in this game. If the Vikings back into the playoffs -- by having the Redskins beat the Eagles, but losing to the Bears -- they don't belong there.

Anyway, we'll see. The Vikings' season will likely end against the Bears -- either this weekend or next. I'd like to delay it for as long as possible, but that's up to Captain Bonehead to protect the ball.

• Like 2

Platinum #148 - The Sexy Brutale

1L53c5ab.png

This was a really good game. I mean, REALLY good. Like, if I hadn't already made my top 5 games list for 2018, this would probably be on there. The story is great, the gameplay is fun, and the jazz soundtrack is SO DAMN JUICY. They took one of my favorite mechanics -- time control -- and centered an entire game around it. Think of Majora's Mask meets Groundhog's Day meets Clue. You're basically stuck in this mansion and forced to relive the same day over and over, trying to save the guests from the staff members that want to kill them. There were MANY ways the developers could have screwed this up, but they opted to make your character "invisible", which means being seen or caught trespassing doesn't translate to a game over. In fact, there is no way to die. (Which is kinda ironic, really, since the whole game is about brutal murders.) That said, the masks all the guests and staff members are wearing come to life when you're in the same room as them, and I imagine something bad happens if you let them touch you for too long. I don't know -- that never happened to me. It doesn't really matter because this isn't a true stealth game, and the focus is more on basic puzzle-solving and trying to stop the murders from taking place. If you save a guest, you gain the power of their mask, which helps you to save more guests. Unfortunately, the game is a bit linear (there's a predetermined order in which you save the guests), and most of the "solutions" are extremely simple, usually only requiring you to do one or two things. I would complain about this, but it's clear the developers wanted to focus more on a fun, interesting game than one that makes you want to pull your hair out. I can respect that.

It's a short game too. Took me two days to beat, playing just a few hours each day. There's no need for a guide, except for some of the collectibles, maybe. Some of the cards are easy to miss (because you don't have the mask powers you need at the time you come across them), and I didn't even know about the invitations until I was nearly at the end. But you get to free roam around the mansion when you're done, and it doesn't take very long to collect everything, so don't even sweat it. You got all the time in the world, Boone.

Very highly recommended. One of the best sub-10 hour platinums out there.

Image result for sexy brutale artwork

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Jens said:

I'm afraid to break bad news to you, but...

"4) Your game can be counted toward the category once you have 100% of the base game completed. If you have already completed the base game before the event, you can choose to fully complete the game entry by getting 100% of all DLCs. The only category this doesn't apply to is #5 - Games with DLC, in which you only need to complete 1 DLC pack."

I was pretty confused reading that, so I checked and I think you would need the platinum. You just need one specific online trophy on top in the event's time frame.

Gah...guess that's what I get for not reading the directions closely enough. I guess I need to invest a little more energy into making sure I get gold. I really don't like the Dojo trials...everything else I've liked so far though. I missed the last two days of challenges...Thursday night we had friends over to watch Top Chef for restaurant wars (it's one of the few shows my wife and I both like together) and they stayed over longer than I thought. I ended up going to bed pretty late with no gaming and then last night I randomly got a Facebook message from someone I went to high school with. Apparently several of my out-of-state friends were home for Christmas and we all met up at a bar...needless to say I went to bad when I got home lol. I guess it's go time now! I'd love to get a diamond trophy one of these days...but I won't hold my breath. I actually beat your time for the first time the other day :) You smoke me on those Dojo trials though. I have no idea how the hell you can complete them so fast.

11 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I think it's pretty early. He's behind the courthouse, and that's one of the first buildings you can enter in the game. But maybe you need an upgrade to reach him... Hm. I'll need to look into that, because I want to do the same thing.

It's really early...like 15 minutes in. After you become Batman, he's in the very first building/mission you do. I first played this game so long ago that I couldn't remember exactly how long it took to get to him so I wanted to give myself enough time to get there just in case it took a few hours. I'm just going to let my save sit right outside his cell until I get around to playing it for real.

Anyway, we'll see. The Vikings' season will likely end against the Bears -- either this weekend or next. I'd like to delay it for as long as possible, but that's up to Captain Bonehead to protect the ball.

I know Cousins hasn't instilled much confidence this year (or ever in Prime time games) but I really don't trust Trubisky to get the job done. The Bears D is legit, but they're not the '85 Bears either. It wouldn't shock me to see the Vikings pull out both. They have looked better since they fired the Offensive Coordinator.

8 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

This was a really good game. I mean, REALLY good.

Well...depending on how far I get into my bingo card, maybe I'll change my recommended game from Yakuza Kiwami to this if I need a shorter game. The trophies look pretty nice too. I need to start figuring out my trophy for 3500, I have 158 to go...so about 4 or 5 more games. It may end up being a Kingdom Hearts trophy since those all look nice enough...just not sure which one. I kind of like the 'One-Winged Angel' Sephiroth trophy so I'll just have to see if I can time it as such...unless I see something better along the way.

Also, congrats on the KH Re:CoM plat! You're on a roll! Looks like you're ready for the Castlevania Platinum now :)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Briste said:

I know Cousins hasn't instilled much confidence this year (or ever in Prime time games) but I really don't trust Trubisky to get the job done. The Bears D is legit, but they're not the '85 Bears either. It wouldn't shock me to see the Vikings pull out both. They have looked better since they fired the Offensive Coordinator.

That's true. But their true litmus test is against playoff teams, which is all they'll be playing from here on out. Either way, I got my Keenum jersey (hey, I got it last Christmas) ready to go! Let's see another Minnesota Miracle -- not a Minnesota Meltdown. Then we'll talk about a Cousins jersey.

4 hours ago, Jens said:

Gotcha, it will happen at some point now. Was it on PS+ at some point? I don't know if I remember it correctly or not.

I think I bought it specifically for this event. It might be a little too short to pay full price for, but if you can get it on sale for under $10, it's worth it.

Also, congrats on the KH Re:CoM plat! You're on a roll! Looks like you're ready for the Castlevania Platinum now :)

Oh, yeah.

Platinum #149 - Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories

1L776c31.png

This was...exhausting. The card mechanic went from being weird to tolerable to annoying to frustrating as hell. I've been trying for a while to explain why it's such a bad combat system, but I think I have the answer. Most action games have a combat system that is either slow and strategic (e.g. Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Arkham) or a button-mashing frenzy (e.g. Dust, Stories: The Path of Destinies, God of War). I think either can work fine. The problem here is that you WANT to be strategic, but you don't have the time. The real "battle" is how you build your deck. If you get into battle and you're fumbling around for the right cards, you're going to lose. On the other hand, if you build your deck the right way, it's just a matter of spamming the triangle button until you win, which kinda defeats the whole purpose of having combat in the first place. Yeah, there are a few boss fights where you're forced to play the right cards at the right time, but it's awkward and uncomfortable. I'm not usually one to toot this horn, but this is one instance where turn-based combat may have been preferable.

As usual, though, the story is good, the voice acting is great, and you eventually reach a point where combat becomes a joke. There's no justifiable reason for having to level Sora and Riku up to 99 (since they're likely around level 50 when you beat the game), and collecting enemy cards is a huge waste of time, so I'm just going to go ahead and say this is a game that's worth playing but NOT platinuming. Your sanity will thank you.

I can't believe some people had to play through this game six times.

• Like 3

Platinum #150 - Castlevania Requiem: Sympathy of the Night & Rondo of Blood

1L0b1f58.png

Well, it took three years, but I finally got around to playing a Castlevania game. I'm glad it was this one, because I know SotN is considered one of the best games ever made. Rondo of Blood...eh, not so much. (I think I've played Simon's Quest before too, but it was on an emulator.) Either way, I had fun. I knew a little bit about the game before going in, but I did NOT know about the inverted castle, which is pretty crazy because it practically doubles the game's length (and in a much better way than Ghosts 'n Goblins). I had some difficulty with a few of the bosses, but I never felt like I was playing a Nintendo Hard game, which I'm perfectly fine with. Trying to master Richter's stupid air moves for Shafted was hard enough.

Looks like my interest in football season is over, but we still have one more game to play for the Christmas event. I tried VERY hard to find a rhythm game that I wouldn't hate. I even tried to come up with a loophole to get me out of playing a rhythm game. I debated "drums of war" and allowing myself to play a shooter, but I finally settled on Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight because (1) it looks easy, (2) it looks short, and (3) it should be (?) a good introduction to the Persona series, since P5 has been on my list for a while. I...have no clue who any of these characters are, and I suck at rhythm games, but I guess I'm having fun. This should be a good way to celebrate the end of the year, and to bring in 2019.

Time to see if the Browns will end the season above 0.500 or prevent the Steelers from getting into the playoffs. I'd be fine with either outcome.

• Like 3

@Cassylvania First off, congrats on the plat and milestone! I still need to play a Castlevania game myself.

Second, I hope you enjoy P3D. P4D was great and was my last plat of last year on New Years Eve. I was trying to do the same again this year with P3/5D but GameFly refuses to send me either one. Seriously, I've had them at numbers 1 and 2 in my queue since they came out and they still haven't shipped either one. In that time I got Detroit, God of War, Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions and most recently Dead Cells (which was #10, someone please explain to me how that works). I just want to play Persona :(

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kent10201 said:

Second, I hope you enjoy P3D. P4D was great and was my last plat of last year on New Years Eve. I was trying to do the same again this year with P3/5D but GameFly refuses to send me either one. Seriously, I've had them at numbers 1 and 2 in my queue since they came out and they still haven't shipped either one.

Really? I got mine through GameFly. I think they shipped it the day after I added it to my queue too. Didn't really expect that, so I had a couple other games planned as backups... Oh, well. Maybe they'll ship it to you after I return it!

It's definitely a fitting game to platinum on New Year's Eve.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

Really? I got mine through GameFly. I think they shipped it the day after I added it to my queue too. Didn't really expect that, so I had a couple other games planned as backups... Oh, well. Maybe they'll ship it to you after I return it!

It's definitely a fitting game to platinum on New Year's Eve.

Yep, I've been waiting patiently but I really want to play it. Probably won't get a chance to until March though cause I'm gonna cancel the subscription for the month of February cause I'm sure KH3 will take up all my time. I'm really liking the service so far though besides that one gripe. 

My current plan for January is Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions (a little less than halfway through), Dead Cells and Far Cry 5 before KH3 comes out. Will definitely be a fun month. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

My current plan for January is Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions (a little less than halfway through), Dead Cells and Far Cry 5 before KH3 comes out. Will definitely be a fun month. 

Sounds good! I'm a little burned out on Kingdom Hearts, or else I'd at least try to beat KH2 before KH3 comes out. Spider-Man is another possibility, since I got it for Christmas. And I know I've been teasing The Witcher 3 for a while...

At any rate, I suppose we need to come up with a plan of where we're going in 2019. The two events I'm in right now are longer and more relaxed than the ones we've been doing since June, so there's a little more leeway in what we can allow. For now, let's take a look at my 2019 bingo card. I know it looks intimidating, but we got an entire year to finish all of these games. And with 25 slots, that means we'll need to finish about two games per month... I think that's doable.

zaxPYad.png

Some of the categories look annoying. Fortunately, I already have several games planned that will fit multiple categories. Arkham City, for example, fits about 19 of these. I don't think we'll make any of these a high priority until the second half of the year.

My hope was to finish the year at 100% trophy completion, but Minecraft had other plans. I know the DLC trophies should only take a couple of hours, but I REALLY don't feel like doing them. Minecraft just isn't fun when you have actual stuff to do. That's work. Nobody likes work.

And I'm not sure I'll be able to platinum P3D anyway. My reflexes are too slow for games like this, and some of the trophies want me to play a stage near perfectly, or on the highest difficulty. Are they insane? I remember one time, back in high school, I was at the arcade and I tried to play DDR. I sucked, of course, but the worst part was that some people I knew from school were there, and they came to watch me. That was one of the most embarrassing days of my life.

Good thing I'm playing with the blinds drawn.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Jens said:

Did you get the collection with all three of them or did you just get this one? I thought about it, but I've heard that all games are pretty short and if you don't really have to or feel like replaying those songs... made me skeptical.

I just got the one, but it was through GameFly. Looks like it usually goes for $49.99, which is ridiculously overpriced, if you ask me. It's a 10 hour platinum with about 10 hours worth of content, so there's no way I can advise paying what you would for a AAA title. But if it's a rental or heavily discounted, maybe...

You do have to replay some of the songs, but only because there are some grindy trophies (mostly related to combos and perfect notes). There are no trophies for doing perfect on a stage, which is nice, but there is one for doing almost perfect. There are also a few trophies that just require attempting something...even if you fail. And then there's an actual trophy for failing. That blows my mind. In fact, not only is there a trophy for it, but you NEED to fail a stage to unlock a support to unlock more trophies. To me, the only good trophy I've ever seen for failure comes from dying the first time in Dark Souls 2, and that's only because the game is so notorious for it. I guess if you were extremely skilled at the game, you could try to make that your last trophy, so there's an added challenge there. Not really an option in P3D, since you have to fail before you can earn some trophies...

53 minutes ago, Jens said:

Congrats for the big step out of your comfort zone though! Now you are ready for the (horrendous) Hatsune Miku games :P 

NO, JENS.

54 minutes ago, Jens said:

I'm playing Prey at the moment. The start was dog poop and I thought about ditching the game completely, I didn't hit anything and died 203192 times because everything killed me with 2 bodychecks. But now.... it's actually really good, pretty mesmerizing stuff in there. It's like Fallout meets Dead Space and the sheer amount of options, background information and so on is nothing short of impressive. I have my next two playthroughs mapped out in my head, so that's probably a hint at how much I enjoy this game :P Platinum is targeted, but there might be some mishaps along the way.

Interesting pick-up. I know nothing about the game, but it looks like Alien with guns (my analogy, since I've never played either of the games you mentioned), so I can't complain. Keep us updated, and maybe I'll get to it this year!

No major updates from me. Obviously. It's only been a few hours. I have no idea why I feel the need to make at least one post here every day, since I don't think I play video games every day, but whatever. I played Arkham City for a good 20 minutes and got three trophies out of the way, before saying hi to my good buddy Calendar Man. I'm not sure how much further I'll get in the game this month, but I want to at least work on getting all the upgrades and bundle packs unlocked (assuming I have to do something for those, I dunno). That way, I can just chip away at Riddler's bullshit and the combat/predator medals throughout the year.

Not sure what game is next. Might just focus on the new Minecraft trophies until I can come up with something...

• Like 2

On 12/24/2018 at 10:25 PM, Cassylvania said:

stop worrying about getting trophies. They're just virtual nothings anyway.

Thanks for the advice. While the trophies are virtual badges with no real meaning, I'm sure you enjoyed getting platinum trophies.

I had to take a break and enter 2019 with a clear head and calm mind because the last thing I know everyone here wants is a toxic poster who treats everyone like dirt because they called him out on starting a new account. I apologize and, when I do post, I know what I type will be scrutinized and therefore I wanted to avoid getting spiteful over these 'virtual nothings.'

I cannot keep your advice about sticking with my old account, but I do intend to make this account I have worth something if only just a sense of pride. I also wanted to platinum games which are counterparts to Smash Ultimate's roster, which is why I platinumed InkSplosion - it's a ink shooting game so it resonates with the Inklings. :D Expect a Sonic game, Arcade Pac-Man and Castlevania Requiem to hit.

Also glad you played Smash Ultimate with your younger relatives during Christmas. I managed to clear every route of Classic Mode even if it was on easy. Tried to do Ken at 5.0... and managed to get to the final battle but got butt-stomped. Not like it matters, I couldn't get 9.9 anyways since I died to Luigi on the third battle because of those stupid crabs. :(

My next plans are long-term projects to platinum Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD as well as the DDD - Disgaea 5, Dark Cloud 2, and Dragon Quest XI. ;)

10 hours ago, SuperSmash5U said:

Thanks for the advice. While the trophies are virtual badges with no real meaning, I'm sure you enjoyed getting platinum trophies.

Well, it's always been my belief that getting platinum trophies and having platinum trophies are different things, much in the way that exercising regularly and taking steroids are different methods of achieving similar results. If you're enjoying what you're doing and you're not hurting anybody -- including yourself -- then more power to you. I just think you need to understand, from my perspective and many others' here, that what you're doing is not healthy. And I know because I've suffered from the same kind of OCD for a good part of my life. Remember the blue pen.

10 hours ago, SuperSmash5U said:

I had to take a break and enter 2019 with a clear head and calm mind because the last thing I know everyone here wants is a toxic poster who treats everyone like dirt because they called him out on starting a new account. I apologize and, when I do post, I know what I type will be scrutinized and therefore I wanted to avoid getting spiteful over these 'virtual nothings.'

S'all good, man. We're not here to criticize anything but games. Just don't be offended when I refer to you as CJ, because I can't keep all your other accounts straight (and that's the first one I knew you as).

Anyway, I got all the new Minecraft trophies. Three of them were easy. The scaffolding one SHOULD have been easy, but I made it much harder on myself by trying to remember how to play while I was working on it. I forgot how scary the game is at night. The cat trophy wasn't too bad, except that the cats wandered out of the village, the first one rejected my fish like eight times, and a creeper nearly blew my house up. You can save before going to bed and then reset if the cat doesn't bring you some nasty present in the morning. As for the panda trophy... Screw that. Just wait until they patch bamboo jungles into the game. I basically had to create my own bamboo jungle and murder an entire ecosystem to get a second panda to spawn. But then the pandas made sweet love and all was good with the world.

Yes, I realize nobody plays Minecraft on console, except me.

Okay, good start to the year! Now I just need to figure out where we're going next. I feel kinda lost without a community event to guide my gaming decisions...

• Like 2

On 12/29/2018 at 2:39 PM, Cassylvania said:

The card mechanic went from being weird to tolerable to annoying to frustrating as hell.

This right here is why I put KH Re: CoM on my bingo card as the game I'm not expecting to like. I'm also not looking forward to the level 99 grind for Sora and Rikku...overall I'm looking forward to the series, but this game stands out to me as being more of a chore than the others.

On 12/30/2018 at 7:26 PM, Cassylvania said:

Trying to master Richter's stupid air moves for Shafted was hard enough.

Which route did you take to get him? I sucked at the Ha-Do-Ken air moves and only needed to use that one once. I was much better with his Sho-Ryu-Ken air move. I ended up going through Medusa, up the tower and through Olrox' quarters. I only needed to use the Ha-Do-Ken once or twice to get over the spikes. The Holy Water makes that fight very easy. I'm glad you enjoyed it though...it is easily one of my most favorite games.

On 12/30/2018 at 7:26 PM, Cassylvania said:

Looks like my interest in football season is over,

I felt bad for you Sunday...that effort was very disappointing. I know you're a veteran of these Vikings collapses and I used to know how that felt with the Red Sox pre-2004...but damn that was just a brutal game. At least the playoffs will be stress-free now and you can have fun rooting against everyone :) Small consolation...but sadly you're used to it by now.

On 12/30/2018 at 8:30 PM, Cassylvania said:

Some of the categories look annoying. Fortunately, I already have several games planned that will fit multiple categories. Arkham City, for example, fits about 19 of these. I don't think we'll make any of these a high priority until the second half of the year.

I thought the same with my card. I had to Google a few of the things since I wasn't sure what I needed to do. Wasn't sure what the Isometric View game was, fortunately I play tons of games like that so it wasn't an issue. The IP Game was another, but it also turned out to be easy. I'm happy I didn't get the "Finish in one Sitting" Category since I like my Day of the Tentacle being my fastest platinum for now. I guess I could have played a non-plat game for that category though...At least with the Peripheral based game, you can piggyback that off of the 10 Things I Hate About games event. Which category are you most dreading?

On 12/31/2018 at 10:36 PM, Cassylvania said:

Hey, if you're all good, maybe I'll name my XCOM 1 characters after you, and give you periodic updates on how they're faring against the alien scum. That could make that repeat platinum more interesting...

Works for me! If I could request to be a Sniper, that'd be great...they are my favorite class for most games!

21 hours ago, Jens said:

Happy New Near from me to all of you as well.

Happy New Year from me as well. This is probably my least favorite holiday, but I get the day off from work so there's that :) 

/edit I forgot to mention, VC4 is starting to get really good...big plot twist in chapter 8. I was actually pretty annoyed I had to stop playing last night to go to bed.

Edited by Briste
  • Like 2

Which route did you take to get him? I sucked at the Ha-Do-Ken air moves and only needed to use that one once. I was much better with his Sho-Ryu-Ken air move. I ended up going through Medusa, up the tower and through Olrox' quarters. I only needed to use the Ha-Do-Ken once or twice to get over the spikes. The Holy Water makes that fight very easy. I'm glad you enjoyed it though...it is easily one of my most favorite games.

I followed the YouTube video in the guide, which I think is the same route. The boss fights were easy, but those spikes were a pain. I'm glad there was a save point right before them.

I felt bad for you Sunday...that effort was very disappointing. I know you're a veteran of these Vikings collapses and I used to know how that felt with the Red Sox pre-2004...but damn that was just a brutal game. At least the playoffs will be stress-free now and you can have fun rooting against everyone :) Small consolation...but sadly you're used to it by now.

Every season, I have a "I'm calling it!" moment, when I've given up hope in the Vikings. Last season, it was when they let Drew Brees score back-to-back touchdowns after being up 20-0 at halftime. Yeah, the Vikings ended up winning that game, but everything after that was bonus coverage, as far as I'm concerned. This season, it was in Week 3, when they were down 27-0 against the Bills at home. I never had any faith in them winning another game after that.

In a way, I'm glad they didn't make playoffs. They clearly weren't going to win any games, even if they did. Which is why I think the Bears are EXTREMELY STUPID. They could have had their precious bye if they had just let the Vikings win. Instead, they let Nick Foles back into the playoffs. If the Bears lose to the Eagles, this entire season was worth it, knowing the Bears blew their chance at a Super Bowl run by winning a meaningless Week 17 game. And if the Eagles lose -- who cares? It's the Eagles. By far, this will be the most enjoyable game for me to watch this season.

I thought the same with my card. I had to Google a few of the things since I wasn't sure what I needed to do. Wasn't sure what the Isometric View game was, fortunately I play tons of games like that so it wasn't an issue. The IP Game was another, but it also turned out to be easy. I'm happy I didn't get the "Finish in one Sitting" Category since I like my Day of the Tentacle being my fastest platinum for now. I guess I could have played a non-plat game for that category though...At least with the Peripheral based game, you can piggyback that off of the 10 Things I Hate About games event. Which category are you most dreading?

Probably the one you named. I can't afford VR, I'm not talented enough to do a musical instrument game, and I don't really know what PlayLink is -- nor do I want to try it out. I don't think you have to platinum or get 100% in the Bingo games, though. You just need to complete the "main story." So, for Finish in One Sitting, you could just do the campaign in some game, and get the rest of the trophies later.

I'm like you. I want to keep TWAU as my fastest plat.

Well, I suppose I can start planning out my games for these events. The trick is going to be figuring out which categories to put certain games under, as some of them could fit in multiple places...

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

Well, I suppose I can start planning out my games for these events. The trick is going to be figuring out which categories to put certain games under, as some of them could fit in multiple places...

What I did was list every game I definitely wanted to play this year. Then I made a spreadsheet and put every game that fit a category next to it and started to break it down from there. Hopefully in the end (if you decided to do the same of course) you won’t have too many categories empty and you’ll have some form of a plan. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

What I did was list every game I definitely wanted to play this year. Then I made a spreadsheet and put every game that fit a category next to it and started to break it down from there. Hopefully in the end (if you decided to do the same of course) you won’t have too many categories empty and you’ll have some form of a plan. 

Probably a good idea. Spreadsheets solve everything!

4 hours ago, regularegg said:

How was Persona 3: Dancing In Moonlight? I've been considering getting the P3-P5 bundle for 100$ but not sure if it's worth it at the price.

Oh, wow. I can't advise that. Unless it comes with a built-in jacuzzi, that's way too much to pay for what I imagine is 25-30 hours worth of content (assuming P4D and P5D are similar to P3D).

On the other hand, if the bundle includes the original games, I'll defer to somebody who has actually played Persona 3, 4, and 5. From what I hear, that's a TON of content, and might be worth it.

I'm just always leery about paying the price of a console for a game, even if you're getting a lot of bang for your buck...

Anyway, I mostly goofed around in Arkham City last night. Got eight trophies (and, more importantly, a good chunk of Riddler's trophies and other related nonsense), so we only have 60 more to go. I might just make the goal to beat the game once in January. I'll probably do Harley Quinn's DLC either around Valentine's Day or April's Fools, but I'm not sure which. They both seem fitting.

I'm moving closer to figuring out my next game. I forgot that I'm in the Metroidvania Project Platinum. I'm one platinum away from ranking up, so it might be time to resort to my backlog folder. Or I could chip away at the 100% games, as I don't think anybody has completed everything in the PP. (I don't think I can either, as at least one of those games is only on the PS3, and I doubt it's on PS Now.)

For games I own, there's Sundered, Teslagrad, and Guacamelee SCTE to choose from. I might have Momodora 4 too.

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 2

Oh, wow. I can't advise that. Unless it comes with a built-in jacuzzi, that's way too much to pay for what I imagine is 25-30 hours worth of content (assuming P4D and P5D are similar to P3D).

On the other hand, if the bundle includes the original games, I'll defer to somebody who has actually played Persona 3, 4, and 5. From what I hear, that's a TON of content, and might be worth it.

It's just the three dancing games. Oddly enough, it doesn't seem like P4D is available for purchase outside of the bundle...? 

Is it 30 hours overall or per game? I've been looking for a new rhythm game for a while so I'm willing to overspend a little to get one, since the only on-sale option is a Hatsune Miki game, and I don't generally go for those J Idol types of things. 

Maybe I'll just wait and hope it's not one of those games that never goes on sale.