Exorcist trophy

golfgt170

I did some time ago, so I don't know how the leaderboards are today, but I did it picking a Stock Car (Monterey Stock car if I remember correctly) and racing in one of the small layouts of Cadwell Park. I was off the pace by 18 seconds in my first clean lap but still got the 21th spot at the time on the leaderboard of 30 people. I think that Stock Car with those small and twisty tracks should work best for you. 

• 1 year later...

Guys, I solved it:

If you are trying the beat your own ghost method and can't get the ghost to actually show on track, here's what you do: simply backup your save data, delete it, and start a new game. The time-trial section is open no matter what, so you can jump straight in.

From here, everything should work: just set up a lap in a track where you didn't yet, wait a few minutes, and you can select the "My personal best" option and your ghost should be on track. I did it with openwheel cars (Formula A) at the Zolder circuit.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

After countless attempts of getting this trophy via different methods suggested on both PSNP and PSTrophies, here's what happened to me:

• I was first trying to beat my own ghost using a Formula A car, which didn't work. Now the ghost data wasn't showing on the leaderboard even after 30m
  • I backed up all my save files and ghost data and then, without deleting anything, reopened the game (backup step might have nothing to do with it, prob just had to restart the game)
  • Now, when I tried to find my own ghost record under the Openwheel type for the previously set Formula A record - it wasn't there
  • However, after I switched the type to a Stockcar, I finally saw my name on the leaderboard...but with a Formula A car
  • Thankfully, the time lap I set with a Formula A car had some wiggle room and I managed to beat it with a Stockcar

It's bizarre how inconsistent this trophy is, but then again, IT'S a workaround an intended way of getting it. Hope it helps!

• 4 weeks later...

I struggled to get this to unlock as most tracks etc are too good a time for me to get. I tried to do my own ghost like a lot of guides state and for me that didn’t work.

i went on the California coast tracks and did the stock car. It took a few attempts as my back end was very twitchy but managed to beat a top 30 ghost legit that way. 

On a lot of guides it states just beat a ghost and they’d show 300+ ghosts, whereas mine only shown top 30. My copy is the one from ps plus I think ?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm just going to post here as I did in the other thread in case some still get a bit confused with the best way to get this trophy. I started the game earlier today & read stuff where some said that you need to beat a top 30 leaderboard time. It seems that most of the top 30 times have a ghost that you can select, whilst the rest don't seem to have one. It has been mentioned before but you can just set a slow lap time & beat it after it updates your time on the leaderboard. Just make sure to select the "personal ghost" option before you start. Hopefully this clears it up for anyone still trying to do this trophy.

On 12.10.2019 at 9:11 PM, Sydoki said:

After countless attempts of getting this trophy via different methods suggested on both PSNP and PSTrophies, here's what happened to me:

• I was first trying to beat my own ghost using a Formula A car, which didn't work. Now the ghost data wasn't showing on the leaderboard even after 30m
  • I backed up all my save files and ghost data and then, without deleting anything, reopened the game (backup step might have nothing to do with it, prob just had to restart the game)
  • Now, when I tried to find my own ghost record under the Openwheel type for the previously set Formula A record - it wasn't there
  • However, after I switched the type to a Stockcar, I finally saw my name on the leaderboard...but with a Formula A car
  • Thankfully, the time lap I set with a Formula A car had some wiggle room and I managed to beat it with a Stockcar

It's bizarre how inconsistent this trophy is, but then again, IT'S a workaround an intended way of getting it. Hope it helps!

This method worked for me, because the Formula A Ghost didnt show up. I started the Stockcar and the Formula A Ghost was there.Did the trophy yesterday.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 19/09/2019 at 3:20 PM, wowbagger_84 said:

Guys, I solved it:

If you are trying the beat your own ghost method and can't get the ghost to actually show on track, here's what you do: simply backup your save data, delete it, and start a new game. The time-trial section is open no matter what, so you can jump straight in.

From here, everything should work: just set up a lap in a track where you didn't yet, wait a few minutes, and you can select the "My personal best" option and your ghost should be on track. I did it with openwheel cars (Formula A) at the Zolder circuit.

Worked for me too, thanks! What I think happened at one point down the line is that they decided to delete all the ghost data from entry 31 down and not to keep any further entries past 30 to save server capacity and without a workaround like this it would have made this plat about 9/10 difficulty. Tried without deleting my old save file at first but the time did not register on the leaderboards at all.

• Like 1

Guys, I solved it:

Thank you @wowbagger_84 This worked first time.

• Like 1