ESRB rates Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories, Max Payne 2, and Midnight Club 3 for PS4

Venocide

This is absolutely awesome news! I've been hoping that Rockstar would decide to release GTA Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories on PS4 for a while, being a big fan of these games and the series as a whole. Will definitely be picking them all up, including Max Payne and Midnight Club. :)

This reminds me that I need to buy the 3D era GTA games. I never got to finish VCS stories because my PS2 wouldn't read the disk beyond a certain point in the game but I was having a great time up to that point. LCS was great too, all the GTAs on PS2 were. Might go for the lot of them once I've finished Fallout and No Mans Sky. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DESSIE___ said:

Any news when these games will be released or when you think they will be? My money is there and ready to purchase these games can not wait to platinum GTA Vice City Stories & Liberty City Stories on PS4!

No news yet but I imagine they'll just shadow drop them at some point, I don't think we'll have to wait much longer. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
37 minutes ago, StephenSan184 said:

Any update on when these will be releasing. A quick Wikipedia search still says "TBA." :huh:

Nothing as of yet.

I feel foolish for saying that they'd release probably a week or two after this leak. And here we are nearly 7 months later and no news whatsoever since I posted this thread.  

Edited by Venocide
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Venocide said:

Nothing as of yet.

I feel foolish for saying that they'd release probably a week or two after this leak. And here we are nearly 7 months later and no news whatsoever since I posted this thread.  

No reason to feel foolish :) It's not your fault, the developers (R* at least) are too busy milking GTA V Online for the fifth year. :eyebrow: 

Don't forget to buy them shark-cards :blah:

Edited by StephenSan184
  • Like 1

Being rated by the ESRB doesn't necessarily mean an immediate announcement/release. Hell, in some cases it doesn't even necessarily mean a release at all. I'm still waiting for the EU release of Dariusburst for the PSP, it was rated in 2010 (just kidding, i'm fine with Chronicle Saviours lol), or SOTN for PC.

Edited by Lance_87

Yeah I've been waiting for so long for these... really a bummer. Might have been a false alarm or a mistake. I remember Demon's Souls was recertified on PS3 the week after the servers shut down and that got some attention. Just had to do with the online component being removed for some reason. 

My gut feeling is these are coming just judging my R* track record with the PS2 on PS4 program but the delay is intriguing. Were the plans scrapped at some point? Also, why are the listings no longer on the ESRB? Too many questions and we may never know. 

6 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Being rated by the ESRB doesn't necessarily mean an immediate announcement/release. Hell, in some cases it doesn't even necessarily mean a release at all. I'm still waiting for the EU release of Dariusburst for the PSP, it was rated in 2010 (just kidding, i'm fine with Chronicle Saviours lol), or SOTN for PC.

I'm sure ESRB stuff is also done just in case, too.

• 2 weeks later...

We’ve discussed this so many times on PSNP but everyone has been begging for GTA Vice City and Liberty City Stories to be ported to PS4 with trophy support! If this proves to be true and Rockstar releases these games i’ll be forever grateful! Now one last wish for Chinatown Wars and GTA 1 and 2 and Advance to be ported to PS4 with trophy support x)) 

Edited by Soufwar

20 minutes ago, Soufwar said:

We’ve discussed this so many times on PSNP but everyone has been begging for GTA Vice City and Liberty City to be ported to PS4 with trophy support! If this proves to be true and Rockstar releases these games i’ll be forever grateful! Now one last wish for Chinatown Wars and GTA 1 and 2 and Advance to be ported to PS4 with trophy support x)) 

No love for London? :P