Battle Royal Thoughts

Dwightsarmy14

• 5 months later...

I don't think we're playing the same game... Tried during the beta and thought it was kinda weak. Tried it recently and it hasn't gotten any better. You spawn with a pick. Land. Get shot. End of round? No different maps or modes? I have no idea why people think this is popular.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DPsx7 said:

I don't think we're playing the same game... Tried during the beta and thought it was kinda weak. Tried it recently and it hasn't gotten any better. You spawn with a pick. Land. Get shot. End of round? No different maps or modes? I have no idea why people think this is popular.

Clearly you need to figure out how to play if you're getting shot and dying straight away.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/13/2018 at 4:54 AM, DPsx7 said:

I have no idea why people think this is popular

Probably because it is popular.

On 3/13/2018 at 5:03 AM, DPsx7 said:

I have no weapons

Go and find some then, instead of just sitting the whole game and maybe you might understand how to play it. 

On 3/13/2018 at 5:03 AM, DPsx7 said:

But still as far as shooters go the hype is undeserved

What are you talking about? The hype is deserved, the game is unique, and really fun, and is probably why it's so popular. You probably had like 2 games to yourself. Go and grab some mates, play some squads, and I'm sure you will experience some fun then.

Edited by Kyle_Katarn_X
  • Like 2

I Gotta say it's alright... It's fun when "everything is going right" Like you land on a gold mine and RNG is on your side, or you manage to get a jump on a few people and get 10 kills. But sometimes things go wrong and fast
-land with no guns
-land with no guns and 20 people
-LAAAAGGGGG I was in top 10 and this laggy little S*** killed me 

It's a good game little boring, 1 map that they just add stuff on, It's better than PUBG I played a full match on that seeing 2 people the one I domed with a sniper then the guy who domed me (wooo...) I suggest people download Fortnite and give it a go. But honestly I'm sticking with duos or squads with my friends  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I had high hopes for the game before release, then with the "popularity" of it that came with CoD youtubers jumping over to it I had second thoughts. I finally gave in and decided to give it a go..

all I can say is "underwhelming AF" 

I love pretty much all games, with the exception of guitar hero (I play guitar in real life, so the game seems somewhat redundant to me lol) but yeah, Fortnite just doesn't do it for me, personally. If you enjoy it though, by all means blitz that S*%# and have fun! :)

It's still crap. Had a few games with a squad but it's funny because they were trying to 'teach me' how to play only to end up getting lit first, leaving me to limp along until the end. I seriously don't see what attracts people to this game other than the fact it costs nothing to play. Really it's more like Rocket League where it wasn't going too far until it was free. The difference being Rocket doesn't require tons of luck and in Fartnite you can go whole games without seeing another player. (I've gotten top 10 once or twice with nothing but ammo and potions).

A few people on my list seem to play often, so occasionally I'll tease them saying things like "you know God of War just released in case you're ready to play an adult game for a change"... Like someone said earlier this is more for those goofy ass streamers than anyone looking for a decent shooter. Hell I don't understand that either. Meaning streaming, like why would you sit and watch someone else play a game when you can enjoy it yourself? Whatever.

On 4/23/2018 at 9:54 PM, entonces55 said:

People think it’s popular because a lot of people are playing it.....face palm

That's...ummmm...isn't that a definition of a "popular game"?

On topic: Personally, I love Battle Royale games and cannot wait until more options will be available on PS4 ? I kind of missed the first wave of hype with PUBG just because my laptop can't handle any games. That being said, played for many hours on mobile.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2018 at 9:56 PM, DPsx7 said:

It's still crap. Had a few games with a squad but it's funny because they were trying to 'teach me' how to play only to end up getting lit first, leaving me to limp along until the end. I seriously don't see what attracts people to this game other than the fact it costs nothing to play. Really it's more like Rocket League where it wasn't going too far until it was free. The difference being Rocket doesn't require tons of luck and in Fartnite you can go whole games without seeing another player. (I've gotten top 10 once or twice with nothing but ammo and potions).

A few people on my list seem to play often, so occasionally I'll tease them saying things like "you know God of War just released in case you're ready to play an adult game for a change"... Like someone said earlier this is more for those goofy ass streamers than anyone looking for a decent shooter. Hell I don't understand that either. Meaning streaming, like why would you sit and watch someone else play a game when you can enjoy it yourself? Whatever.

since you didn't reply to me directly I didn't see the repsonse, but ok.

just because it's free doesn't mean that's why it's popular... wtf? that's like saying paladins is more popular over overwatch because it's free. no. fortnite requires skill, not luck, unless you're really awful. and how did you get top 10 with nothing? did you run around or camp the whole game? no wonder you would get bored if you don't actually properly play it. do you think god of war is an adult game just because it's story or an old game series?

at the end of the day you probably don't like it just because you haven't played much and therefore aren't that good.. streams are fun to watch because they have personalities and do funny shit, be good at the game etc etc. maybe you might not wanna play it yourself because you don't have it?

that's like saying why watch a football game when you can play it yourself. it's entertaining; ridiculous. you obviously have the very unpopular opinion of if it's a good game or not, but oh well. enjoy your games and i'll enjoy mine.

Edited by Kyle_Katarn_X

On 5/7/2018 at 9:22 AM, Kyle_Katarn_X said:

since you didn't reply to me directly I didn't see the repsonse, but ok.

just because it's free doesn't mean that's why it's popular... wtf? that's like saying paladins is more popular over overwatch because it's free. no. fortnite requires skill, not luck, unless you're really awful. and how did you get top 10 with nothing? did you run around or camp the whole game? no wonder you would get bored if you don't actually properly play it. do you think god of war is an adult game just because it's story or an old game series?

at the end of the day you probably don't like it just because you haven't played much and therefore aren't that good.. streams are fun to watch because they have personalities and do funny shit, be good at the game etc etc. maybe you might not wanna play it yourself because you don't have it?

that's like saying why watch a football game when you can play it yourself. it's entertaining; ridiculous. you obviously have the very unpopular opinion of if it's a good game or not, but oh well. enjoy your games and i'll enjoy mine.

Of course it is. Anything this poorly made wouldn't gain traction if it cost anything. Hell, isn't that why the physical version came and went with barely any notice? Overwatch was garbage too because much like this game they spend all their time convincing you to buy loot instead of developing actual content like maps and modes. I gave that game a few months and got tired of waiting. FN didn't even last that long.

Skill? Nah. I know plenty of games that take skill and this isn't one. It's Minecraft with a few kiddie guns. Listen for all the squeakers playing it. I'm not even lying about top 10. Most times guns are rare and I ran around without seeing anyone. More than once too. Camping doesn't work here.

Haven't played much of what? This game, well yeah because there's nothing to it. If you mean games in general then you're way off. I have over 400 games on my profile and probably another 100 on my backlog.

Entertaining to watch someone else play? You're nuts. These people have the personality of a pine cone. In the end it's kinda disappointing that great games go unappreciated while trash like this gets most of the attention. Happens every year though. So many great titles launch but all the posers go and buy the next recycled CoD or Madden.

*Another thing that bugs me a little is I saw an easter egg, a poster for UT in some tower. Why don't we get THAT game instead? I'd be all over a remake of UT99 since I played that for years online. Then we could forget this crap ever existed.

Edited by DPsx7
  • Like 1

search and destroy with 100 people, but with out the search part.

build towers and walls to block fire and camp to win.

Well it is Free so that's a huge seller, plus there's micro-transaction to milk it.

Drake played it so that makes gaming cool again, if he plays it everyone will play it, H3H3 productions said that and ninja did to

Tried it on Pc wasn't my cup of tea and moved on to on my backlog of many different games.

Those are my thoughts.

Drake-Fortnite.jpg

Edited by Galactic Nordic Nuts

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2018 at 0:03 AM, DPsx7 said:

Of course it is. Anything this poorly made wouldn't gain traction if it cost anything. Hell, isn't that why the physical version came and went with barely any notice? Overwatch was garbage too because much like this game they spend all their time convincing you to buy loot instead of developing actual content like maps and modes. I gave that game a few months and got tired of waiting. FN didn't even last that long.

Skill? Nah. I know plenty of games that take skill and this isn't one. It's Minecraft with a few kiddie guns. Listen for all the squeakers playing it. I'm not even lying about top 10. Most times guns are rare and I ran around without seeing anyone. More than once too. Camping doesn't work here.

Haven't played much of what? This game, well yeah because there's nothing to it. If you mean games in general then you're way off. I have over 400 games on my profile and probably another 100 on my backlog.

Entertaining to watch someone else play? You're nuts. These people have the personality of a pine cone. In the end it's kinda disappointing that great games go unappreciated while trash like this gets most of the attention. Happens every year though. So many great titles launch but all the posers go and buy the next recycled CoD or Madden.

*Another thing that bugs me a little is I saw an easter egg, a poster for UT in some tower. Why don't we get THAT game instead? I'd be all over a remake of UT99 since I played that for years online. Then we could forget this crap ever existed.

Constructive criticism usually comes with examples or a argumentative point to back it up. You seem to have a lot of pent up energy and negative time on your hands to be hating on a game that gives millions of players, mostly the younger generation of kids today great enjoyment. I can understand hating a game but there are a lot of kids, parents, and normal everyday people who log in to share quality time and de-stress after work. Sometimes to move forward you need to take a step back, my point is that whether or not something brings you enjoyment the overall enjoyment of this game in other people's lives in far far greater and is actually a very positive and thrilling thing to see if you look for it in the right places. I hated this game when it first came out but gave it a fair chance and my relationship with my brother increased because we connected over winning together and I was able to hear stories from random kids and adults that I played with on how this game let them connect with people and including them becoming friends with me. Maybe if you look at the positives of the game such as social aspects you can see the enjoyment everyone else is seeing in the game as well :)

As someone who has never played a single round of any Battle Royal game, but is a huge fan of the movie, I'm a little disappointed with how childish and silly fortnite makes the battle royal genre look. Being forced to fight to live is a nightmare situation and I feel like neither game captures the essence of what Battle Royal means

7 hours ago, AydenBonnette said:

Constructive criticism usually comes with examples or a argumentative point to back it up. You seem to have a lot of pent up energy and negative time on your hands to be hating on a game that gives millions of players, mostly the younger generation of kids today great enjoyment. I can understand hating a game but there are a lot of kids, parents, and normal everyday people who log in to share quality time and de-stress after work. Sometimes to move forward you need to take a step back, my point is that whether or not something brings you enjoyment the overall enjoyment of this game in other people's lives in far far greater and is actually a very positive and thrilling thing to see if you look for it in the right places. I hated this game when it first came out but gave it a fair chance and my relationship with my brother increased because we connected over winning together and I was able to hear stories from random kids and adults that I played with on how this game let them connect with people and including them becoming friends with me. Maybe if you look at the positives of the game such as social aspects you can see the enjoyment everyone else is seeing in the game as well :)

Being constructive would fall on the wrong ears since nobody here made the game. But for what it's worth it's kinda sloppy compared to other games in the genre. There's a clear focus on encouraging loot purchases (which I'm mostly against and a reason why I thought Overwatch was sorta crappy too).

This isn't my first forum and I get what you're saying about why should it matter what others enjoy. I guess it just bugs me that as a long time gamer with a sizeable collection, seeing people flock to trash means that games that actually deserve support go ignored. I'll admit that for years I've bashed the kinds of people who buy the annual recycle of Madden, CoD, or latest MMO. That's all they buy. When 'games' like those see too much support it sends the wrong message to other developers, leading to single player modes getting cut, excess DLC, loot, and all the other flaws which have been trickling into games lately. Or developers stop trying new ideas when they don't see enough sales.

Basically by staying quiet I'm just going to lose variety in my games. I dunno if that helps anyone understand my view. Yeah my friend tried to get me into it but it didn't help. Tried twice, there's too much luck involved finding weapons and the lack of maps and modes is disappointing. He and his group thought they were better than they are. It's not my fault if you get lit up for running around smashing everything.

47 minutes ago, Avalynch said:

Really didn't like the controls, switching weapons, switching between building and combat is very awkward.

My little brother and I tried using a keyboard and mouse rather than the controller yesterday and it's fairly evident when you see the difference in control this game was designed for pc users, the controller feels like a joke after being able to switch between different keybinds on a keyboard. The controller has multiple play styles like combat pro and builder pro that try to fix this but the best option is keyboard and mouse. The controller is okay if you dedicate enough time to get good at weapon switching and building but it fails miserably in comparison.