LBP Marvel Edition

dmsleight

I bought the Marvel Edition used on Amazon and it came in the right case.  When I beat Marionetta and opened 'more stories' it told me I haven't purchased any dlc.  The ME has that dlc on the cartridge right?  I should be able to open more stories and jump right in, right?  Did I get hosed?

Please let me know so I can contact amazon.  Thanks!

14 hours ago, cris3f said:

Check cartridge code it should be PCSA-00549. Also the icon of the installed game is different, the one for Marvel Edition has sackboys Captain America and Iron Man.

Good info!  And there are no heroes on the cartridge!

That sucks.  It might have been too long ago for Amazon to honor it too.

This, sadly, happens all the time. I recently bought THREE L.A. Noire Complete Edition but got the standard edition disc in the complete edition cover.

Also just recieved the german Full Package edition of Saints Row 3 with the standard british disc inside the case...

I would advice to buy from real outlets instead of random people on Amazon, but the same thing happens at GameStop and other places as well.

I have started to request pictures of the actual item I am going to buy so I don't get any random korean editions... again...

15 minutes ago, dmsleight said:

Now I got to figure out how to get a real copy..

Well, your best bet is eBay and ask for a photo of the cartridge before buying if the listing doesn't display one.

I got my copy sealed from the last available stock in GAME.es but the game is out of print now and retailers don't have stock anymore, so maybe you can go to shops like GameStop or similar to get it pre-owned.

I recommend Gameflip to you my dude, that website has amazing used games deals from people selling their disks and cartridges and its 99.99% of the time safe and you get exactly what you asked for and what is shown is what you get! However, not everything is on there but its still worth a look man. Try checking there first for all your used games (especially games that have gone out of print and stock)

• 1 month later...

Are there separate trophy lists for each region? I have a US account, and the only way for me to get the Marvel content would be to import the physical marvel version. If I play the import on my US account will the trophies pop for the same list as my US physical cart? Sorry if this has already been answered. I have never used other region games before.

26 minutes ago, kagealchemist said:

Are there separate trophy lists for each region? I have a US account, and the only way for me to get the Marvel content would be to import the physical marvel version. If I play the import on my US account will the trophies pop for the same list as my US physical cart? Sorry if this has already been answered. I have never used other region games before.

This was kind of my question. There is only one list, so it should work exactly this way based on my experiences with other games. But only if the DLC is on the cartridge, since the Vita limits you to a single account. You wouldn't be able to, for example, redeem a voucher from another region and use it on your main account.

I think we'll just have to try it to know for sure, but I have pretty high confidence.

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Azelais said:

The Marvel Edition comes with 3 DLC on the cart, but it does not include the [DC Comics Premium Level Pack] DLC. I have not looked into it much, but this DLC shows up on the store (NA) and some curiosities regarding how to get it have been discussed waaay back (may have been solved by now?)

Thank you so much this is the answer I was looking for. And yes the link you gave is the only DLC the cartridge is missing. 

@Abysm_NucleusBe careful though as there are two items on the PS store that have kind of confusing descriptions. Make sure you purchase the right one if you want the level kits.

On the EU store (Finland) there are:

DC Comics™ Premium Level Kit (5,95) (PS3/PSV)

DC Comics™ Premium Level Pack (6,95) (PS4/PS3/PSV)

Although the latter one says it's for all consoles, it actually only contains skins and other garbage for Vita. The upper one that is PS3/PSV only actually contains the levels for Vita.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IDiivil said:

@Abysm_NucleusBe careful though as there are two items on the PS store that have kind of confusing descriptions. Make sure you purchase the right one if you want the level kits.

On the EU store (Finland) there are:

DC Comics2122.png Premium Level Kit (5,95) (PS3/PSV)

DC Comics2122.png Premium Level Pack (6,95) (PS4/PS3/PSV)

Although the latter one says it's for all consoles, it actually only contains skins and other garbage for Vita. The upper one that is PS3/PSV only actually contains the levels for Vita.

So The DLC name is Pack but you have to buy the 'Kit' to get the actual DLC. This is messed up man.

Edited by Abysm_Nucleus