R* explains why they haven't made story DLC

Stargazer2600

So some of you may wonder where that elusive story DLC for GTA V is. Well your not getting it. R* basically came out and said "nah, we don't feel like it". GTAO has received update after update with story mode getting nothing. There have been rumored DLC cities like liberty city that R* was supposidly working on but that was all just rumor. People have waited for R* to say something about story DLC and with RDR 2 around the corner, they finally decided to dash everyones dreams. They claim that story mode DLC was “possible or necessary,”. Well I (and thousands of others) disagree but, it is what it is. So if you were looking forward to story DLC, you can stop hoping, GTAO is making R* to much money.

link

20 minutes ago, Stargazer2600 said:

R* They claim that story mode DLC was “possible or necessary,”. Well I (and thousands of others) disagree but, it is what it is. So if you were looking forward to story DLC, you can stop hoping, GTAO is making R* to much money.

"neither possible or necessary"...key word..."GTAO is making r* too much money"...these are your words...they actually basically say it is taking up too many resources...yes, we can read between the lines but best to clarify opinion and fact in a post that attempts to be informative...yes, it's also a shame they developed online only and not single player...kind of old news...were 1000s of people really still expecting this to happen at this point in time? (is there a link for these numbers or are they made up?)...in any case, we now know it's time to move on...so, anyone else ready to cream their shorts when rdr 2 is released?...

Edited by ProfBambam55

This is why I'm not particularly excited for RDR2 since I feel like they will mostly just focus on the MP aspect of it than the SP since people seem to like shelling out money for Shark Cards or whatever, and I have no doubt that RDR2 Online will have an equivalent of that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Redgrave said:

This is why I'm not particularly excited for RDR2 since I feel like they will mostly just focus on the MP aspect of it than the SP since people seem to like shelling out money for Shark Cards or whatever, and I have no doubt that RDR2 Online will have an equivalent of that.

Well, it wouldn't be cards since credit/debit/ATM cards didn't exist in the Old West. Maybe Bronco Bucks/Mustang Money? ...OK, that was horrible, but you get my point.

2 minutes ago, Blissey said:

Well, it wouldn't be cards since credit/debit/ATM cards didn't exist in the Old West. Maybe Bronco Bucks/Mustang Money? ...OK, that was horrible, but you get my point.

Hence why I said they would have an equivalent of it ;) But yeah, I have no doubt they will find a way to make it work should they choose to.

that game is so old at this point who even cares tbh lol. im pretty sure they give 0 craps about their fanbase. when that game first came out i found a game breaking glitch that makes you stuck in story mode. tons of people had it, i figured out how it happened and made a video of it. i tried every single thing possible to contact them. tech support, every page online, i even printed out a map with instructions and mailed it through the post office to them. after 3 straight months trying to get the message passed to just 1 developer to fix it i gave up. even when they did answer me their responses made absolutely no sense. they were reading automated replies to me. at one point they said "dont worry about losing your online money youll be gifted some soon" and i said this has nothing to even do with the online lol. as far as i know the glitch is still their that makes the story impossible to progress last i played about a year ago

We've known this for a long time. GTA Online makes far too much money for them to focus on anything else. Something I do find interesting though is that they haven't ruled out singleplayer DLC for RDR2. I guess they're going to see how much of a money maker the online portion of that game will be first, because you can bet your ass it's gonna have microtransactions too... <_<

• Like 2

7 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

as far as i know the glitch is still their that makes the story impossible to progress last i played about a year ago

Sad if this true that they ignored all your messages ?

@ Topic

What me surprised with GTAO is that they mostly ignored the PS3/360 Version and made a ton of new content only to the PS4/One/PC Version but isn't the Old Gen Base bigger than the Current Gen?

33 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Sad if this true that they ignored all your messages 1f636.png

@ Topic

What me surprised with GTAO is that they mostly ignored the PS3/360 Version and made a ton of new content only to the PS4/One/PC Version but isn't the Old Gen Base bigger than the Current Gen?

Old gen hardware literally can't handle it, you can mostly blame that on the very low system memories. 

10 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Old gen hardware literally can't handle it, you can mostly blame that on the very low system memories. 

I didn't believe that story, honestly. Old-gen version could definitely handle the additional vehicles in singleplayer. Like when last week the guys behind 2064: Read Only Memories said the Vita couldn't handle it and it was cancelled. It's probably because it was released "too late".

Edited by Lance_87

1 hour ago, Lance_87 said:

I didn't believe that story, honestly. Old-gen version could definitely handle the additional vehicles in singleplayer. Like when last week the guys behind 2064: Read Only Memories said the Vita couldn't handle it and it was cancelled. It's probably because it was released "too late".

Even the ps4 version doesn't have the vehicles in single player, the last update that added them was the "I'm not a hipster"

2 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

I played GTA 5 on PS3 online a lot, and going to PS4 afterwards is a day and night difference, lol. The PS3 is definitely on its last legs with GTA 5.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Blissey said:

Credit cards have existed for over 100 years, the first mention of one being in 1887. A predecessor to the credit card was the charge coin. It worked the same way as the card does, but with a circlet of coins. The first “protocard” existed in the early 1900s through the 1930s. 

Edited by Freelancer Tex

2 minutes ago, Freelancer Tex said:

Credit cards have existed for over 100 years, the first mention of one being in 1887. A predecessor to the credit card was the charge coin. It worked the same way as the card does, but with a circlet of coins. The first “protocard” existed in the early 1900s through the 1930s. 

Yea, but unlikely they'd exist in that area and depends on how many years before RDR it takes place.

1 hour ago, SnowxSakura said:

Even the ps4 version doesn't have the vehicles in single player, the last update that added them was the "I'm not a hipster"

Huh? They always added SP content on ALL versions until Ill-Gotten Gains Part 2, skipping only the Heists update. I'm Not a Hipster was released a whole year before that lol. And the additional vehicles were integrated in singleplayer (i.e. NPCs use them and you can find them parked too) for the current-gen versions. I think you have to buy them with in-game currency instead of spawning them from your personal garage like you do on old-gen.

Edited by Lance_87