Help clearing backlog and get me back into gaming

Hocking_1988

Hello everyone, I apologise if there is a thread about clearing backlogs etc, but I need help. I have not really been able to get into gaming in recent months and with the winter months approaching I would like to get back into it. One of the reasons is because I have so many games incomplete and don’t really know where to begin. 

Can an you please look at my profile and offer some advice as to where to begin, I have stuff dating back from battlefield 4, and infamous second son. Also I have games like uncharted lost legacy unopened. 

I have lost of the ps plus games also that I haven’t played, it’s getting to the point the hardrive is full but I have no idea where to begin. Please offer me some opinions to help get back the fun of gaming

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

For sure all of this is my opinion and my way to play games. 
I would start with "Life is Strange" as it is a really easy platinum, with trophies popping left and right all the time. The story is amazing and in my eyes one of the best I've ever played. 
After that I'd go right on with ether one. I liked it and it only has one missable which is easily gotten. That'll be two fast plats in a row. 
Since you have the hardest trophy already done in Modern Warfare Remastered, and only need to replay a few missions, I would do that one next. It's a nice shooter which is different from the first two I just listed. You can also go for battlefield 4 or sleeping dogs (ps3) as they are far in your backlog, but nice games to come back to. 

Just now, starcrunch061 said:

I'm taking the other side: if you really need help getting back into gaming, maybe this isn't the hobby for you?

Well I've had it too for periods that I wouldn't be able to game or wasn't interested in it, then when I wanted to I had so many (new) games laying around that I just didn't know where to start anymore, and was just staring at my screen. Pretty much until a friend of mine suggested a game to play together and I haven't stopped since. It is still one of my biggest hobbies and it always was. But even a passion can sometimes just be too much and you then need a kickstart again. 

On your PSN Profile on this site here is a tab called "Trophy Advisor". You can even sort it for different types of trophies and else. Maybe this will help being an inspiration where to start?
Another possibility would be to look what of your games have trophy guides on here. Look at the top of the guides what's the average time to complete. Then sort in (in your head or on a self written list) by time needed. You could play the games with the lowest times for completion first to get those out of the way. And while doing that you could think about which of your other unfinished games would be most interesting for you right now.

• Like 1

Don't think of all the games you have. It'll probably make you even more anxious. Just start with 1 and go on from. I do agree that getting Life is Strange is good to start with. Trophy hunting isn't really a contest, so just set yourself some small short-term goals and do that. If you can only plat 1 or 2 games a month, then that's fine.

Also, if you're not into platting games, finishing the story of any game shouldn't be too difficult.

What I tend to do when I literally have no idea what to play (which is all the time) I use a randomiser. I put all my games into one, hit randomise and whatever comes up I play.

It's easier then just sitting there thinking, what to play spending ages to pick. You just start the game and crack on.

• Like 3

Thank you for everyone’s feedback so far. I think I will dig life is strange out and start that again. I understand what some people are saying about starting a new profile but that is not really an option as I have put quite some time into the trophies I have.

What I might do is pick a fairly “quick”game and then a more story driven game alongside it to play so I don’t get bored.

I do enjoy gaming but I guess I am more of a winter gamer if there is such a thing, and there are new games out I want to play but cannot justify it until I clear some of my older ones first 

Recently I haven't been in the mood to get back into Uncharted: The Lost Legacy so I've been playing a few games that are fairly quick to beat. 

I keep my own checklist of games I want to play and commit to. I fairly recently played through Metro 2033 Redux after having that game sit on my shelf for two whole years. So I may have games I might not touch for a good long while.

On 11/1/2017 at 8:31 AM, Meacham said:

What I tend to do when I literally have no idea what to play (which is all the time) I use a randomiser. I put all my games into one, hit randomise and whatever comes up I play.

It's easier then just sitting there thinking, what to play spending ages to pick. You just start the game and crack on.

^I do this as well. 

What I do is, if I'm in a slump, I randomize and that's my "game for the day". If it captures my interest, great! I'll play it until I finish it. If it doesn't, I just randomize the next day and play that game. If you don't feel like giving it a whole day, give it an hour and make each one "game for that hour". Sooner or later you'll find one that captures your interest. 

I tried the 'shortest game' or the 'easiest game' route and found that wasn't always what I was in the mood for. By randomizing you are trying lots of things until you find that thing that fits your mood perfectly.

Best of luck!

I always have at least one open-world timesink game that I can jump into for an hour or two, get a couple things done, and then exit before either moving on in my day or switching to another game. I find that it helps to break up the monotony of playing a plethora of games from the same genre in my collection or the more story driven ones that I currently own.