Mein Leben Runs.

challenges are nice, but you've lost touch with reality if you think mein leben isn't unreasonable, and any minor adjustment would "hand it on a platter"  :lol: 

when you fuck up, you own it & try to improve. it's not healthy for PSNP to egg on developers like this, attempting to justify poor game design

enemy spawns are inconsistent, and so are their bullet paths; it's therefore based on luck, to at least some degree, which categorizes it as a quintessentially poor achievement/trophy. Getting lucky enough to not be hit by enemies' bullets for 8–10 hours is just as stupid a trophy as tapping a mayo jar 10,000 times tbh

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Thropy_Hore said:

challenges are nice, but you've lost touch with reality if you think mein leben isn't unreasonable, and any minor adjustment would "hand it on a platter"  :lol: 

when you fuck up, you own it & try to improve. it's not healthy for PSNP to egg on developers like this, attempting to justify poor game design

enemy spawns are inconsistent, and so are their bullet paths; it's therefore based on luck, to at least some degree, which categorizes it as a quintessentially poor achievement/trophy. Getting lucky enough to not be hit by enemies' bullets for 8–10 hours is just as stupid a trophy as tapping a mayo jar 10,000 times tbh

The enemies spawn in the same place, I am sure of that  but it's super frustating to lose so much progress (Though I never made it past the first section cause I am an idiot) and have to watch the cutscene

Edited by PixelatedPortal

Obviously for ones that have lives other than video games have no chance at getting this trophy because we don't have the time to sit there and practice over and over while trying to dedicate 10 hours at a time to beat a stupidly hard game mode especially if there are a million other games we want to play on top of it. That's why this trophy shouldn't have been included because 99% of people don't have the time to do something like this. If they had at least a couple of saves then it would work for us. They never should cater to a very very small minority of players that some how enjoy near impossible modes that take perfection to complete without dying.

• Like 4

People who use time as an excuse for this don't understand that their PS4 has a "rest mode" option which can suspend the application, so if they need a break but also don't want the fan to make a noise if they sleep in the same room as their PS4 then they can put it in rest mode and continue later. I didn't see many people complaining about 24 hour races on Gran Turismo 5 when that game also has the suspend option. If you can't play a game for more than a few hours in one session then I think you shouldn't really care about trophies in the first place. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dark said:

Best of luck. Little progress is still progress.

No one said it’s not unreasonable, I just don’t think it needs to be changed as majorly as the pro petition people want it to be. Why does a game mode that was in both previous games now need to be changed because it has a trophy tied to it? The only things that’s pretty clearly been overlooked is the fact this is somehow a bronze trophy, and that cutscenes are unskippable. 

What FPS game do you know where the enemies shoot in the exact same location on the highest difficulty? Of course bullet paths will be different. As for spawns, they’re always the same. They take different paths sometimes but that’s about it. It’s a lot more strategic/skill based than luck.

Then that just takes the whole definition away from an “achievement”. If 99% of players could get it then what is exactly being achieved here? 

You don't read very good do you? I said 99% of people don't have the time to do it that doesn't mean they would get it but they don't have the time to even try to earn it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rolltideroll157 said:

You don't read very good do you? I said 99% of people don't have the time to do it that doesn't mean they would get it but they don't have the time to even try to earn it.

I could say the same about you considering you overlooked the post I made directly above you. It's a single player trophy so it's always going to be possible, I could see why people might be concerned about it if it was a server-based online trophy, considering some day the server would shut down but in this case this trophy will always be possible as long as PSN for PS4 is still up. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sergen said:

People who use time as an excuse for this don't understand that their PS4 has a "rest mode" option which can suspend the application, so if they need a break but also don't want the fan to make a noise if they sleep in the same room as their PS4 then they can put it in rest mode and continue later. I didn't see many people complaining about 24 hour races on Gran Turismo 5 when that game also has the suspend option. If you can't play a game for more than a few hours in one session then I think you shouldn't really care about trophies in the first place. 

Yes rest mode can work but I don't like to have to leave my system on period I believe that's one of the reasons my old ps4 decided to die about a month ago and I had to purchase a new one. But your point is irrelevant people with lives don't have a full day or even a half a day to just sit there and play straight in no way does that mean we shouldn't be trophy hunting lol I can usually get a few hours in a day sometimes more but never 10-15 hours straight as most normal people don't....

Edited by rolltideroll157
  • Like 1

Just now, rolltideroll157 said:

Yes rest mode can work but I don't like to have to leave my system on period I believe that's one of the reasons my old ps4 decided to die about a month ago and I had to purchase a new one. But your point is irrelevant people with lives don't have a full day or even a half a day to just sit there and play straight in no way does that mean we shouldn't be trophy hunting lol I can usually get a few hours in a day sometimes more but never 10-15 hours straight as do most normal people

Rest mode, just take several days. Adding saves would lead to save scumming

Edited by PixelatedPortal

7 minutes ago, Sergen said:

I could say the same about you considering you overlooked the post I made directly above you. It's a single player trophy so it's always going to be possible, I could see why people might be concerned about it if it was a server-based online trophy, considering some day the server would shut down but in this case this trophy will always be possible as long as PSN for PS4 is still up. 

Your point? i said near impossible which it is because a very select few will earn this trophy and I'm sure the ones do will dedicate hours upon hours trying to get it. 

Edited by rolltideroll157

4 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

You point? i said near impossible which it is because a very select few will earn this trophy and I'm sure the ones do will dedicate hours upon hours trying to get it. 

You also don't need to get the trophy if you don't have time for it. It's not a matter of life or death if you can finish a trophy or not. They made that mode to separate the best from the rest and just because you can't do it doesn't mean you should be entitled to take away from the people who are going for the trophy in its current state. You're not the only trophy hunter around and it's selfish if you want a trophy to be changed to fit your personal needs. I would think it's fair if a game got a patch for the online trophies to add an equally lengthy or difficult single player requirement if the servers were closed but in this case you have options if you want to take a break. I never had issues with rest mode personally, as long as you don't keep your console running for over a month without turning it off in rest mode, I'm sure you'll be fine. I doubt there's much difference between turning off the console and using rest mode, your console is still switched on to some degree regardless of the option unless you unplug the console altogether. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 3

Idc either way I'm not even going to attempt I just play the game to enjoy it. My issue just lies with the fact that it is a cheap game mode that just makes enemy's Bullet sponges and you much much easier to kill. Now if stealth and cover consistently worked this would be a more enjoyable experience but that's not the case

23 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Obviously for ones that have lives other than video games have no chance at getting this trophy because we don't have the time to sit there and practice over and over while trying to dedicate 10 hours at a time to beat a stupidly hard game mode especially if there are a million other games we want to play on top of it. That's why this trophy shouldn't have been included because 99% of people don't have the time to do something like this. If they had at least a couple of saves then it would work for us. They never should cater to a very very small minority of players that some how enjoy near impossible modes that take perfection to complete without dying.

This is exactly why there should be trophies like this. People feel way too entitled these days if they can't get 100%, 99% simply isn't enough and they can't be bothered if it's too much trouble getting that 1%.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sergen said:

You also don't need to get the trophy if you don't have time for it. It's not a matter of life or death if you can finish a trophy or not. They made that mode to separate the best from the rest and just because you can't do it doesn't mean you should be entitled to take away from the people who are going for the trophy in its current state. You're not the only trophy hunter around and it's selfish if you want a trophy to be changed to fit your personal needs. I would think it's fair if a game got a patch for the online trophies to add an equally lengthy or difficult single player requirement if the servers were closed but in this case you have options if you want to take a break. I never had issues with rest mode personally, as long as you don't keep your console running for over a month without turning it off in rest mode, I'm sure you'll be fine. I doubt there's much difference between turning off the console and using rest mode, they're both on to some degree, rest mode just lets you keep the applications suspended or keep downloading games when you want to go to sleep. 

Once again I never said they need to patch it just that it should have had saves or even a one time use of self revive from the start and I'm not even going to try for it because frankly Idc if I have this plat I rather not give myself a brain aneurysm 

2 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Once again I never said they need to patch it just that it should have had saves or even a one time use of self revive from the start and I'm not even going to try for it because frankly Idc if I have this plat I rather not give myself a brain aneurysm 

But would you be saying that on the previous two games, that don’t have this trophy tied to it? Nobody complained when it wasn’t rewarded.

15 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Yes rest mode can work but I don't like to have to leave my system on period I believe that's one of the reasons my old ps4 decided to die about a month ago and I had to purchase a new one. But your point is irrelevant people with lives don't have a full day or even a half a day to just sit there and play straight in no way does that mean we shouldn't be trophy hunting lol I can usually get a few hours in a day sometimes more but never 10-15 hours straight as most normal people don't....

Would also like to ask where you get 10-15 hours from. It’s about 5-7 hours for me now I’ve had practice. I’m not saying everyone is the same as me, but I stealth a lot of sections too. 10-15 is just way overboard, don’t make up numbers pls.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dark said:

But would you be saying that on the previous two games, that don’t have this trophy tied to it? Nobody complained when it wasn’t rewarded.

Would also like to ask where you get 10-15 hours from. It’s about 5-7 hours for me now I’ve had practice. I’m not saying everyone is the same as me, but I stealth a lot of sections too. 10-15 is just way overboard, don’t make up numbers pls.

How is that making numbers up? No one and I do mean no one is going to beat it in there first attempt. So yes 10-15 hours is relatively Accurate 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

How is that making numbers up? No one and I do mean no one is going to beat it in there first attempt. So yes 10-15 hours is relatively Accurate 

Obviously not, but after your first initial playthrough to unlock it you won’t be spending 10-15 hours on a playthrough anymore. Not unless you decide to do a collectible Mein Leben run which is pointless. You have to do some serious fucking around to know the route and still take 10-15 hours. Not nearly accurate.

• Like 1

Just now, Dark said:

Obviously not, but after your first initial playthrough to unlock it you won’t be spending 10-15 hours on a playthrough anymore. Not unless you decide to do a collectible Mein Leben run which is pointless. You have to do some serious fucking around to know the route and still take 10-15 hours. Not nearly accurate.

I'm not saying 10-15 for one playthrough I'm Taking in account all the restarts you will have to do so once again it is accurate. Unless by some miracle you get it on your first run

• Like 1

Just now, rolltideroll157 said:

I'm not saying 10-15 for one playthrough I'm Taking in account all the restarts you will have to do so once again it is accurate. Unless by some miracle you get it on your first run

Then obviously that’s not a playthrough, that’s multiple. If you’re taking into account restarts then it’s way more than 10-15. Not really making any sense at this point.