Mein Leben Runs.

5 minutes ago, Dark said:

Then obviously that’s not a playthrough, that’s multiple. If you’re taking into account restarts then it’s way more than 10-15. Not really making any sense at this point.

How is this not making sense to you? It's not like every restart you are going to make it to the very end. And I mean for one day you will need to dedicate 10-15 hours to try and do this  especially if you continually fail

Edited by rolltideroll157
  • Like 1

On 2017-11-05 at 1:02 PM, grimydawg said:

Folks (particularly trophy hunter) are just salty they can't noob their way to another Wolfenstein platinum.  This mode was in the last game.  There was just no trophy involved.  They can't use the exploit to stack the difficulties like in the previous two games.  Can't wait until I finish some games and go for this game.

Edited by NaseemJohn

5 minutes ago, grimydawg said:

@nikolistary Most games do what Shadow Warrior does.  So, it's not a big deal  The trophy isn't unrealistic.  Folks have done it.  No, it doesn't cater to the "basement dwellers." FOH with that nonsense.  The only reason why folks (mostly trophy hunters) are bitching about this game is because this game has a trophy dealing with Mein Leben this time and/or they can't exploit the trophies like they did in the previous two games.  That's all it really is.  Mein Leben was in the last game.  So, it's not a surprise it's in this game.  The trophy's not discriminatory at all.  It's not banning you because you have trophies/achievements on your PC or console.  I have a wife, kids, etc, and I'll go for this game in due time.  So, I don't want to hear the excuse about folks "having lives."  Many gamers have a life outside of gaming.  It's just an excuse for folks.  Casuals can have fun by shooting Nazis, and most people are likely going to beat the game and that's it.  You and other people are overreacting to something that's not even serious.

Pretty much said what I was too lazy to say. Preach.

All this whining reminds me of what happened with WoW. People started feeling entitled to everything in the game and complaining only XX% of the playerbase will ever achieve that. The game became ridiculous after that. Devs don't owe you anything, they have every right to put in beyond hardcore trophies in their games, trophies only 0.01% of players will ever achieve. Will I ever get that trophy? Highly doubt that not because I don't have time, but because I don't think I'm dedicated enough, but I still want to watch other people trying to get it.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, theSpirae said:

Will I ever get that trophy? Highly doubt that not because I don't have time, but because I don't think I'm dedicated enough,

This is pretty much what people are having a hard time admitting here. It’s even gone as far as people saying it’s fully luck based. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, theSpirae said:

All this whining reminds me of what happened with WoW. People started feeling entitled to everything in the game and complaining only XX% of the playerbase will ever achieve that. The game became ridiculous after that. Devs don't owe you anything, they have every right to put in beyond hardcore trophies in their games, trophies only 0.01% of players will ever achieve. Will I ever get that trophy? Highly doubt that not because I don't have time, but because I don't think I'm dedicated enough, but I still want to watch other people trying to get it.

World of Warcraft is a cesspool of hate and bigotry.

The game started getting pretty easy with Wrath of the Lich King. Then it got worse with every expansion.

I stopped playing during Cataclysm because I couldn't take the abuse and hate I saw from the community. Even doing Heroic runs with my Paladin, if someone didn't do a run perfectly, or their DPS (damage per second) was just slightly below somebody's standards, they would quit and leave.

I used to play a lot of PvP, usually a lot of Alterac Mountains where you had to take over territory and eventually kill the head guy in charge of the Alliance/Horde. Whenever we lost by a small margin people would get up and complain that someone wasn't doing their job. When we lost by a landslide people would rage quit and get all bitter.

In a match with a good 30 people or so what do you expect? Not everybody is going to be efficient 100 percent of the time, that's practically impossible with that many people.

Don't even get me started on the Deathwing raids. My god. Those were just terrible.

Developers should be given thanks and appreciation for the hard work they've put into their games. They're not trophy hunters, they can put in a few impossible trophies and that wouldn't matter to them. Their job is to program the games, make sure they work correctly, and make sure they are catered to a mass audience.

48 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Says the guy with over 10,000 trophies and over six trophies a day earned on average.

Your completion rate isn't anything to write home about, and one bronze trophy you can't earn wouldn't make a dent on your profile anyway.

I looked at your profile and it looks like you have more than plenty of time to consider whether or not you want to get the platinum in Wolfenstein II. You're just not making any goddamn sense because you're just whining at anybody who is giving a valid point as to why this trophy should stay as it is.

You're pulling stereotypes without proof. You're just assuming the hardcore trophy hunters are all basement dwellers when they might as well be real people outside helping the community and working volunteer jobs.

As for the wives and husbands and kids and bills and friends and lives and passions, I worked 60+ hour weeks at Dollar Tree, and I also have a family to look after. Especially now that my parents are in their mid 60s and are starting to ware down, so every now and then I need to go and help them with work. I'm aware the job market at least here in the States is complete bullshit, we have to work more to put food on the table as opposed to what people had to do 20 - 30 years ago. When jobs gave out more benefits.

It just sounds like your hurt because you worked hard to get the platinum in Shadow Warrior, but can't dedicate 5 - 7 hours of your time beating Mein Leben difficulty in Wolfenstein II.

Also keep in mind that somebody will probably write a whole guide to Mein Leben for this game in a month or two, and probably post a video on Youtube showing the best strategies. What seemed impossible for many is not impossible, in fact far away from that.

Yeah I do have a lot of trophies but I still don't have time to sit there for that long at one time in hopes to accomplish it and not once have I brought up my completion percentage dumbass and I bought this game already knowing I wouldn't go for the platinum because it's a great game doesn't take away from the fact this is a bullshit trophy only for the very few masochist gamers out there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Yeah I do have a lot of trophies but I still don't have time to sit there for that long at one time in hopes to accomplish it and not once have I brought up my completion percentage dumbass and I bought this game already knowing I wouldn't go for the platinum because it's a great game doesn't take away from the fact this is a bullshit trophy only for the very few masochist gamers out there.

If you haven't of complained about this trophy then we wouldn't be talking. The reason I brought up your completion percentage is because you sound like you really want the platinum for this game, but can't get it because of the difficulty Mein Leben brings upon trophy hunters.

I'm afraid you're just going to have to accept that you can't get this trophy and move on. If you got the dedication to go for it and eventually earn it, more power to you then.

But don't make a fuss on here when you're just making yourself look silly. There are plenty of impossible trophies due to insane difficulty, server closure and glitches. I have long accepted that I will never obtain every unearned trophy I have on my profile, I don't have the willpower to do that. I can easily make the decision and clean up all the unearned trophies I have, but I decided against that.

People don't understand that there are certain trophies they can't get because they lack the skills or they can't put in the time necessary to earn them. I'm not saying you're a bad gamer, I'm saying that by complaining like this you're just making yourself look bad. Do what you can. If you can't do it then just move on.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Spaz said:

If you haven't of complained about this trophy then we wouldn't be talking. The reason I brought up your completion percentage is because you sound like you really want the platinum for this game, but can't get it because of the difficulty Mein Leben brings upon trophy hunters.

I'm afraid you're just going to have to accept that you can't get this trophy and move on. If you got the dedication to go for it and eventually earn it, more power to you then.

But don't make a fuss on here when you're just making yourself look silly. There are plenty of impossible trophies due to insane difficulty, server closure and glitches. I have long accepted that I will never obtain every unearned trophy I have on my profile, I don't have the willpower to do that. I can easily make the decision and clean up all the unearned trophies I have, but I decided against that.

People don't understand that there are certain trophies they can't get because they lack the skills or they can't put in the time necessary to earn them. I'm not saying you're a bad gamer, I'm saying that by complaining like this you're just making yourself look bad. Do what you can. If you can't do it then just move on.

In no way am I making myself look silly I'm stating a fact that this mode is unfair. As an earlier post said if it was more like shadow warriors mode at least it's fair this really does require perfection on your run to obtain it and no I don't have the dedication to do this or the time. Idc that I'm not going to get this platinum my complaint is from the fact that it should have at least one save and skippable cutscenes. All the other hardcore AAA platinums out there have some sort save system that doesn't take away from the challenge that's the issue not the fact it's hard. Hell the first 2 were way to easy so I'm happy it's harder but make it fair it's not that hard to find a balance.

12 minutes ago, nikolistary said:

I guess I simply value time as the most precious resource a human can have. Games are the best time killers and time passers as a hobby, but this feels like time wasting. 

I always think it's stupid if the people who made the game can't platinum their own game. It's almost like listening to people bitch about a game they've never played or got to yet. All a programmer has to do is write some code and make everyone's lives miserable forever. Like why not just make a trophy for 30 million headshots? Because it's fucking stupid that's why. Trophies undeniably sell games, platinums sell games. Lots of gamers buy games with plats in mind. Lots of people are prone to not buying games with shitty trophy sets just on principle. Just saying. 

Also to all the elitists here, answer me this: Why were memory cards ever created? Why do saves even exist? None of y'all better not be making saves on games with this logic. Lest it be too casual or pussy of a noob gamer to want to save their progress.

Main point here is time and repetition. Time is more valuable than money. Games are repetitive enough, why make the metagame that is trophies and platinums so excruciatingly agonizing that the very idea of mein leben is not met with "Oh! This is a challenge!" but more so "fuck this immediately" lol

Could not agree more. I like to have fun while getting trophies but this seems miserable even the ones who are going for it can't be having fun dying all the time and having to start over

• Like 2

@nikolistary The metagame isn't and or trophies.  Come on :facepalm: If there was an exploit on this, the vast majority of you folks against this trophy wouldn't even complain.  You folks are complaining because there isn't any exploit (known one anyway), and you don't want to take the time to get good.  If you don't want to get the game because of a trophy or not try said game, so be it.  It's a bitch move IMO, but that's just me.  On subject , Mein Leben was in the last game, and it wasn't too bad.  Now, is it harder in this game or does it seem lie it because the game just came out and there aren't any tricks just yet?

Edited by grimydawg
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, nikolistary said:

Also to all the elitists here, answer me this: Why were memory cards ever created? Why do saves even exist? None of y'all better not be making saves on games with this logic. Lest it be too casual or pussy of a noob gamer to want to save their progress.

^ this right here thank you someone finally said it. They also should restart every game when they get a gameover screen if it has checkpoints or auto saves

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mexis said:

^ this right here thank you someone finally said it. They also should restart every game when they get a gameover screen if it has checkpoints or auto saves

Man, stay on topic. No more of this pro or anti petition bs. You have your reasons and we have ours. Just keep this what the thread was intended for please.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Spaz said:

Also keep in mind that somebody will probably write a whole guide to Mein Leben for this game in a month or two, and probably post a video on Youtube showing the best strategies. What seemed impossible for many is not impossible, in fact far away from that.

We are working on it, just some stuff I wanna expand first!

• Like 1