The Code of the Elves!

44 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

!) After goofing around with it for a while now, I've found that it's not checking your pitch, or even that you are singing the right words. It mostly the rhythm that you sing into the microphone matches up with the song. i.e. You're singing when you're supposed to be. I think you could plat it even if you're tone deaf.

I heard a rumour that you actually don't need to sing at all, 

13 minutes ago, CjShai said:

I think you could not sing for most of the trophies. Many of them are just simply about making it through x number of songs. Unlike Guitar Hero, if you suck, it doesn't stop you and have you fail the song. I think you wouldn't get the stars needed for the star road trophies though. I am singing in order to get 5 stars every time and get that out of the way as fast as possible. I wouldn't be surprised if you could like set up a fan to blow into the microphone, or maybe even put your microphone up to the speaker and get a star or two per song and get this plat while mostly idle. There are two trophies about getting 10 and 20 perfect timings in a row, but I got these on the very first song.

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, CjShai said:

So I did a little testing last night on Just Sing... It was very funny. Basically anything that outputs consistent noise (fan, vacuum cleaner, running water in the sink)  will be able to get you a couple of stars per song, a few times it even got five stars. It appears to be more effective on songs that are ballads with long, sustained notes. It was much less effective on songs that have fast rhythms. It boggles my mind that you can have a game based completely around singing and not program the part that can detect if someone is ACTUALLY SINGING! I could maybe forgive this if "party mode" was all that was in the game. However, this game has a battle mode where you supposedly are facing off against someone and determining who the better singer is! Tonight, I will be doing some battle mode with my box fan. I'll let you know if I manage to lose against it. 

• Like 3

Hey @Toogie53 :).

So I'm going to have to change my list as I sold my Xbox One the other day due to the fact that my mum has got me the new Minecraft Xbox One for Christmas! :D So that now means that I can't do the games I had planned. However, I have a new list for you to use so here it is:

TREAT EVERY DAY LIKE CHRISTMAS! - The Escapists and The Escapists: Santa's Workshop DLC (PS4)

header.jpg?t=1511777038 header.jpg?t=1465226813

In The Escapists, there is a snow based level in which you have to escape from and the DLC is pretty self explanatory :).

THERE'S ROOM FOR EVERYONE ON THE NICE LIST! - Prey (PS4)

header.jpg?t=1502903479

In Prey you have to make choices between good and bad and looking at the trophy list for this, there are several of those occasions. 

THE BEST WAY TO SPREAD CHRISTMAS CHEER IS SINGING LOUD FOR ALL TO HEAR!

I may have to leave this one empty, if that's okay, as I can't really buy anything new as I've spent all my money on Christmas Presents. 

BYE BUDDY HOPE YOU FIND YOUR DAD! - Final Fantasy XV

Final_Fantasy_XV_key_art;_characters_in_

So I've seen some people in the event use this one so I think I'll put this one in here as well :D. I think you have to find your dad and bride-to-be as a part of the story line, but I haven't looked into it as I want to avoid spoilers.

Sorry for changing my list again but this will definitely be the final change haha :P.

@Pikachu The music game was one of the pieces that I stipulated as required to earn the the badge. I want to be fair to the other guys so I won't give you the badge without it. However, I don't want to pressure you to buy something when you can't afford to. If you're comfortable with it (ask your mum too) you can provide me with your address via private message and I'll send you Just Sing through the post when I finish up with it and you can just keep it afterwards. I should be able to finish the platinum this weekend at the latest. If you don't want to share your address, that's totally fine. I'm sure we can work something else out. This is just the first idea that came to mind. 

Edited by Toogie53

5 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

So I did a little testing last night on Just Sing... It was very funny. Basically anything that outputs consistent noise (fan, vacuum cleaner, running water in the sink)  will be able to get you a couple of stars per song, a few times it even got five stars. It appears to be more effective on songs that are ballads with long, sustained notes. It was much less effective on songs that have fast rhythms. It boggles my mind that you can have a game based completely around singing and not program the part that can detect if someone is ACTUALLY SINGING! I could maybe forgive this if "party mode" was all that was in the game. However, this game has a battle mode where you supposedly are facing off against someone and determining who the better singer is! Tonight, I will be doing some battle mode with my box fan. I'll let you know if I manage to lose against it. 

Lol, isn't game manipulation fun. Just imagine if you left a turbo controller on with the fan to continuously loop those 500 stars.......

Edited by CjShai
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pikachu said:

Hey @Toogie53 :).

THE BEST WAY TO SPREAD CHRISTMAS CHEER IS SINGING LOUD FOR ALL TO HEAR!

I may have to leave this one empty, if that's okay, as I can't really buy anything new as I've spent all my money on Christmas Presents. 

I only glossed over the thread because I have limited time but I'm pretty sure someone was doing FFXV for this one and as there is virtually no singing (except for humming the victory theme) I don't think the requirement is too strict. 

Looking at your list on psn I see:

Borderlands the pre-sequel. If claptrap is in it then it may count as he is usually singing and imitating dubstep to the point where you want to throw him off of a cliff. I don't know about that game in particular though so you may have to ask someone that has played it.

Shadow of Mordor may have singing (doubt it...) since it is based on Tolkien's books. Even the Orcs liked to throw-down every now and then.

Destiny calls a lot of things related to the Warlock class singing (sunsinger) as well as several enemies from the Hive group (deathsinger for instance). The final dlc also made you play a song on a set of bells in a social space that is on a snowy mountain.

Dead Rising 2 had a section where you have to assist in a musical number with a psychopath. It was really funny and would totally fit even if the whole game doesn't focus on that.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, RVMcypress_grave said:

I only glossed over the thread because I have limited time but I'm pretty sure someone was doing FFXV for this one and as there is virtually no singing (except for humming the victory theme) I don't think the requirement is too strict. 

Yeah, true. I'm not very strict at all. The more musical the better but to each his own. I saw someone chose FFXV. I figured ithey knew something I didn't. Like maybe the group is the boy band they were rumored to be. Also, Shadow of Mordor has a lovely song by Gollum about how awful the main character is. I laughed at it.

Also, I took a look at their profile too. Assassin's Creed Black Flag has you run around collecting 30ish different sea shanties. For those that don't know, shanties are songs. That seems pretty musical to me. 

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 1

@Pikachu I'm not going to spoil anything regarding FFXV (as I'm about half way through the story) but you're only looking for your bride to be (that I understood from the beginning of the game). Have to finish the story to actually find out. :P I put the game for #3 because it has amazing music and tracks from all the other FF games. I'll just say enjoy! :) 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

@Pikachu The music game was one of the pieces that I stipulated as required to earn the the badge. I want to be fair to the other guys so I won't give you the badge without it. However, I don't want to pressure you to buy something when you can't afford to. If you're comfortable with it (ask your mum too) you can provide me with your address via private message and I'll send you Just Sing through the post when I finish up with it and you can just keep it afterwards. I should be able to finish the platinum this weekend at the latest. If you don't want to share your address, that's totally fine. I'm sure we can work something else out. This is just the first idea that came to mind. 

Oh right okay, sorry about that. Thank you for the offer of sending me your game, that's so nice of you! :) Looking at the suggestions that @RVMcypress_grave and @xMissFantasy made (thank you by the way :D), I think I'm going to use Final Fantasy XV for my sing challenge one then due to the soundtrack, plus I really fancy playing it anyway :). I'll just leave the bonus challenge as I don't really have anything that could fit that one now I can't play on the Xbox. Sorry to keep chopping and changing my games around and thanks for your help. :) 

So my list is now:

1: The Escapists and The Escapists: Santa's Workshop

2. Prey

3. Final Fantasy XV

• Like 1

14 hours ago, xMissFantasy said:

@Pikachu I'm not going to spoil anything regarding FFXV (as I'm about half way through the story) but you're only looking for your bride to be (that I understood from the beginning of the game). Have to finish the story to actually find out. :P I put the game for #3 because it has amazing music and tracks from all the other FF games. I'll just say enjoy! :) 

Keep going, when you get to the middle the music/boss fight combo is fantastic. The direction of the story shifts in the second half. Oh I wish I was playing it again for this first time, so much fun ?

• Like 2

FFXV was amazing, can't wait for more multiplayer content.

My gf made us some awesome ps4 headers from our ingame pics and a couple of cg. I already posted them elsewhere but here they are if anyone wants to see them (in poor quality. lol):

Spoiler

oaHdgjS.png

Btmbx5b.png

In actual news I managed to 100% my music game, Chronicles of Teddy: Harmony of Exidus so I will be moving on to another one of my Code of the Elves games after I finish Until Dawn for one of my Advent platinums.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, CjShai said:

Keep going, when you get to the middle the music/boss fight combo is fantastic. The direction of the story shifts in the second half. Oh I wish I was playing it again for this first time, so much fun 1f600.png

Oh I plan to keep going lol I wish I had the season pass though so I can play the co-op dlc with my boyfriend but, I'm sure one of us will pick it up eventually for that reason.:P  He is the one that bought me the game after I played it a bit at his place. I only ever played 7 (and I hate/suck at turn based games except for South Park ?). Was immediately hooked on 15 though.? More my type of game these days.

• Like 2

Omg....

I thought I was clever with the Ape name and the bananas and the throwing of the poop...

But @Toogie53 takes this to a whole another level...

He role plays as the Elf from that movie with the fat guy from SNL and spreads holiday cheer. NEW META UNLOCKED.

You are officially the third coolest person I know on these forums!

Only gods can witness such beauty...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TurdFlingingApe said:

Omg....

I thought I was clever with the Ape name and the bananas and the throwing of the poop...

But @Toogie53 takes this to a whole another level...

He role plays as the Elf from that movie with the fat guy from SNL and spreads holiday cheer. NEW META UNLOCKED.

You are officially the third coolest person I know on these forums!

Only gods can witness such beauty...

LMAO.

Time for my first Update

SAcD00Y.jpg

Completed my first playthrough yesterday, and really liked it, although im not entirely happy with my ending :)

I should be able to get the platinum before the weekend.

Lb53d0b.png

Replayed the first few levels to get a hang of the controls again, ,no new trophies earned so far.