The Code of the Elves!

On 12/26/2017 at 11:49 PM, ShakeNBake663 said:

Hey Toogie? I think you may have forgotten, but I replaced Undertale with Before the Storm and I finished BtS last week :)

Doh! Ill fix that when I'm by a computer next. I'm using my phone right now and editing in the giant post is a pain.

• Like 1

Hi @Toogie53 pls replace the still untouched Infamous with Claire (PS4)... 

After my first playthrough i understand this much: it's about escaping a nightmare that takes place within a hospital... along the way you can help up to 8 other persons but you can ignore them all if you like... i did help only 2 persons and got the bad ending for that... i'm half way through a 2nd playthrough and i've rescued 4 people already but will save the other 4 too so i'll get the good ending on finish

Current Status: Claire (PS4) 60% trophy progress

Edit:

4 hours later and i've got the :platinum: of Claire :)

Sad game it is... About loosing the family but not all is dark... like mentioned above i've helped some npcs with their problems and they disappear in a ray of light... that's something beautiful too look at... but i'm not really satisfied with the good ending...

Going through was troublesome as i needed 4 playthrouhgs in total because i missed 1 or 2 collectibles in 3 runs :( going through this on Vita soon will be much easier as i remember the riddles and collectibles really well by now :D

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 1

Whoa, with all the festivities, this weekend snuck up on me. 

I hope everyone had a great week! 

Friday/Saturday update:

Even though I said I wouldn't, I toughed it out and finished my #4, Katamari Damacy. My last task was to systematically go through each level and grab each missed item. I can't believe been 7 years since I started it! 

Other than that I worked on Conga Master a bit; just some luck-based trophies left between me and the platinum ?

(@Toogie53, when you have a moment could you also please switch my #2 with Spec Ops: The Line and #3 with Conga Master?) 

I hope to finish Conga Master tomorrow so I can focus on Spec Ops. I see the end of the tunnel in sight! 

• Like 1

Saaaaaaaaturday Update!

spacer.pnghttps://i.psnprofiles.com/games/22acef/L78ca45.png

Finished the third game of my list, Guardians of the Galaxy! I gotta say, I was underwhelmed. I think the soundtrack was good, and it does seem that some of the choices actually DO change your ending (wow, in a Telltale game? unreal) buuuuuut the humor felt kinda forced to me a lot of the time. And performance issues. Still.

With this, all I have left is my bonus game! I might actually be able to finish an event for the first time! Wow! :D

Have a Happy New Year, everyone, and be sure to stay safe if you're driving! :)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, masaru-san said:

(@Toogie53, when you have a moment could you also please switch my #2 with Spec Ops: The Line and #3 with Conga Master?)

Oooh! Nice progress. I got you updated!

On 12/26/2017 at 10:49 PM, ShakeNBake663 said:

Hey Toogie? I think you may have forgotten, but I replaced Undertale with Before the Storm and I finished BtS last week :)

Looks like you've finished them both at this point. I updated you though.

On 12/29/2017 at 11:52 AM, Evil_Joker88 said:

Hi @Toogie53 pls replace the still untouched Infamous with Claire (PS4)...

You got it! I dind't think about Claire before, but it fits the topic really well.

Edited by Toogie53

9 hours ago, gernboes said:

And done! Song of the deep is finished at 100%, so all 4 games for this challenge are done!

Thanks for making this challenge and helping me (and everybody else) to fight our backlogs! :)

Great job! I'm glad you got some of your backlog cleared up! I still got loads to go. I unhid my backlog recently and I have like 30ish games hanging out without plat or 100% on there. Many I wished I never started. Like Drawn to Death. Eww.

7 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

Great job! I'm glad you got some of your backlog cleared up! I still got loads to go. I unhid my backlog recently and I have like 30ish games hanging out without plat or 100% on there. Many I wished I never started. Like Drawn to Death. Eww.

I've got heaps of games hidden as I lost access to my little brothers PS3 so there is a tonne of games I cant plat or 100%. So I'm hiding them until I can actually do them, for my sanity

• Like 1

Early update because I officially finished the trophy list for...

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/8e2ab8/Led1bfe.png

...Child of Light~ This game is cute, but nothing particularly special. I mean, it looks and sounds nice, but it's not like groundbreaking or anything. It's fairly short though, so if you want an RPG without a huge time commitment then you should try this one out.

And with that, I have finished all of my games :D Thanks for hosting another great event, Toogie, I would probably never have finished Child of Light if you hadn't started this event up.

• Like 2

FINAL WEEKEND!

Many of you have finished your games, but it's not too late if you haven't. This is the final weekend. On Monday, I will be doing my last check of your profiles and I will be sending badges via private message by the end of the following weekend. Good luck to those that are still pushing for completion!

Ok. Now it's time for my typical Friday update. I haven't done much gaming for the past few days. Just been busy with real life stuff and going to bed early for the past couple of days. I've been trying out some of the things I got for Christmas. I plowed through Horizon Zero Dawn and have the platinum in that already. I also played through Uncharted Lost Legacy. I have many trophies but not platinum yet. Lastly, I have dipped my toes into Final Fantasy XV. I've only finished chapter one, but I took my time and explored a lot. So I am already level 8. That probably is not very impressive, but I feel like I am ahead of the curve level-wise. 

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 1

On 1/2/2018 at 5:46 PM, Dessane said:

I've got heaps of games hidden as I lost access to my little brothers PS3 so there is a tonne of games I cant plat or 100%. So I'm hiding them until I can actually do them, for my sanity

Yeah. I will probably hide some again. Any PS3 game on my profile was when I did a one week trial of PSnow. There are also  several games I wouldn't have started if I was trophy hunting from the beginning. 

• Like 1

Been pretty busy lately and any free time was spent gaming so I haven't had an update in a while. 

Finished Trine 2 (ps4) and Bioshock (ps4). It was awesome playing these games and even though they had difficulty related trophies they were both really easy. Trine has coop of course so it was more fun even though Bioshock is one of my favorite games.

I just have to finish up Hatoful Boyfriend and I will be all done. Shouldn't take me very long since it is just a text based game.

Incase I don't get to say it later, thanks for hosting these events Toogie, they have been a lot of fun!

On 01/01/2018 at 10:59 PM, gernboes said:

Thanks for making this challenge and helping me (and everybody else) to fight our backlogs! :)

Hear, hear! Thank you @Toogie53 for setting this event up! It gave me a real chance to revisit some games I've been wanting to return to. 

Late Saturday Update:

This week I powered through Spec Ops; first with a 'nice' playthrough on hard, then a 'naughty' one on very hard.

I really enjoyed it; Spec Ops is a great game with a well-written, unconventional story and solid shooter mechanics.

I almost can't believe I 'gave up' on the game 2 years ago before the storyline gets all Apocalypse Now and postmodern. Check it out if you can!

In any case, that means my 4th and final game for this event is complete!

I just got the plat for Life is Strange Before the Storm and loved it. I highly recommend it to anyone who was a fan of the first game, because I think I may have enjoyed it even more. With that being said, I've now successfully completed the event. Thanks @Toogie53 for running such an enjoyable event and to everyone who posted their thoughts on their games as I enjoyed reading through them. I hope you continue to do more holiday themed events like this in the near future.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

I'm actually curious: what was everyone's favorite game on their list? I personally think I had the most fun with Before the Storm and Fractured But Whole :D

I had so many great games on my list that it's hard to choose a favorite. I'd say it's probably a three way tie between Horizon Zero Dawn, Before the Storm and Amplitude.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

I'm actually curious: what was everyone's favorite game on their list? I personally think I had the most fun with Before the Storm and Fractured But Whole :D

Pyre, without a question! Until Dawn is a close second, but i locked myself out of a few trophies by mistake (well to be precise, there is false information in the trophy guide, if im not mistaken...), so i had to replay that one a little too much for my taste...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

Persona 5,no question. Game was amazing.

26 minutes ago, gernboes said:

Pyre, without a question! Until Dawn is a close second, but i locked myself out of a few trophies by mistake (well to be precise, there is false information in the trophy guide, if im not mistaken...), so i had to replay that one a little too much for my taste...

Pyre is a great game, just finished it yesterday

2 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

I had so many great games on my list that it's hard to choose a favorite. I'd say it's probably a three way tie between Horizon Zero Dawn, Before the Storm and Amplitude.

I'm glad you liked Before the Storm too, I think I may have enjoyed it more than the original LiS :o

21 minutes ago, gernboes said:

Pyre is SO fantastic, I wish more people were playing it... Cuz to me it seems like it's barely mentioned anywhere. How did your ending look btw?

5 minutes ago, Dessane said:

Persona 5,no question. Game was amazing.

If I remember right, P5 was your first Persona game, yeah? If you're gonna dive in to the rest of the series, then you are in for a fun time.

P5 is also tied with Nier Automata as my game of the year, so I'm glad you had fun with it :D

• Like 2

10 hours ago, masaru-san said:

Hear, hear! Thank you @Toogie53 for setting this event up! It gave me a real chance to revisit some games I've been wanting to return to. 

Late Saturday Update:

This week I powered through Spec Ops; first with a 'nice' playthrough on hard, then a 'naughty' one on very hard.

I really enjoyed it; Spec Ops is a great game with a well-written, unconventional story and solid shooter mechanics.

I almost can't believe I 'gave up' on the game 2 years ago before the storyline gets all Apocalypse Now and postmodern. Check it out if you can!

In any case, that means my 4th and final game for this event is complete!

:platinum: the game this week too (for another event) lol it is indeed really good

10 hours ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

it's hard to pick between the original Borderlands and Final Fantasy X but if I have to choose the one I have more fun with is Borderlands since the plat is easy and I just play the game and mos of the trophies just came along, in FFX I enjoyed the mechanics and startegies but some trophies are reaaaally annoying, good thing is once you got all the trophies there's nothing else for you in the game, you will've seen it all.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

If I remember right, P5 was your first Persona game, yeah? If you're gonna dive in to the rest of the series, then you are in for a fun time.

P5 is also tied with Nier Automata as my game of the year, so I'm glad you had fun with it :D

Yeah it was my first, trying to figure out how I'm going to play the rest. what I need is a P4G port to PS4