Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Confirmed

After the recent leaks for the next Assassin's Creed game, Ubisoft have gone ahead and just confirmed Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.

Assassins-Creed-IV-Black-Flag_2013_02-28

More rumours suggest that the main character is called Edward Kenway, the father oh Haytham from AC3. No official information has been released but Ubisoft have said that some will be revealed on Monday. A trailer may be?

Source

Either way I'm excited for this :yay: Plus the PS3 gets 60 minutes extra gameplay.

Edited by Chambers35
  • Like 1

Possibly DLC for AC3? I loved the ship parts in AC3, except for the having to blow up x amount of ships with their powder kegs for 100% sync.

This ^ seems more fitting to be honest.

I think it sounds a little cheesy for the next full title to be about Pirates especially when

The main character would be the father of a Templar. The title of the games aren't Templar's Creed, haha

. What the hell do I know though... it might be the best one yet, haha.

• Like 3

I agree....Chambers, it was one of the best parts. I look forward to more of the same, just this time on the PS4.

Really? I thought it was one of the best parts :awesome:

Wow....DT, I totally have to disagree on this one. I have experienced no glitches and had no issues. MP has never been the reason people come to either. It's always been the story, which I think was AC3's strong suit. It's too bad you did not enjoy the game.

I hope not, Assassin's Creed 3 is pretty unbearable... worst of the series (that I've played) if you ask me. The game breaking glitches, respawning guards in single player, and the multiplayer is mediocre. Those are just some of the reason I don't like AC3.

The naval mechanic was probably the best part about AC3, which was overall one of the most disappointing titles I've played in a long time. I've ranted on here about it before, so no need to reiterate.

Being a pirate could be sweet. I wish the game would do more of the dungeon-type areas. Things like the Lairs of Romulus from ACB are my favorite parts of the series. Then again, as a Prince of Persia fan, those things would appeal to me the most. Going treasure hunting on islands as a pirate (similar to the Blackbeard stuff in AC3) would be pretty neat.

I also find it curious that Ubisoft would include both a new roman numeral and a subtitle to the game. This makes me think it could be another Vita title like AC3: Liberation was.

The naval mechanic was probably the best part about AC3, which was overall one of the most disappointing titles I've played in a long time. I've ranted on here about it before, so no need to reiterate.

Being a pirate could be sweet. I wish the game would do more of the dungeon-type areas. Things like the Lairs of Romulus from ACB are my favorite parts of the series. Then again, as a Prince of Persia fan, those things would appeal to me the most. Going treasure hunting on islands as a pirate (similar to the Blackbeard stuff in AC3) would be pretty neat.

I also find it curious that Ubisoft would include both a new roman numeral and a subtitle to the game. This makes me think it could be another Vita title like AC3: Liberation was.

Agreed on all fronts. Although I also quite liked the hunting and the homestead building too, despite the odd glitch and hiccup there, the idea at least was sound :) I would like to see a return to tomb/building exploration too, aside from Ezio as a character that is one of the things I miss the most about the previous games.

I hope not, Assassin's Creed 3 is pretty unbearable... worst of the series (that I've played) if you ask me. The game breaking glitches, respawning guards in single player, and the multiplayer is mediocre. Those are just some of the reason I don't like AC3.

It wasn't -that- bad was it? The multiplayer was awesome with a group of likeminded people, especially Wolfpack. I usually steer clear of multiplayer stuff, but this was one of the few that I put time into before playing the main game. The glitches were pretty horrendous though, I agree. I remember game raging about some of the completion points not popping or appearing incorrectly.

I'd like to see a trip to Japan or China in the next installments. If you watched the epilogue to Ezio's storyline 'Assassin's Creed: Embers' you get introduced to an assassin from the far east. I was convinced that the third game was going to be set there with a female assassin as the lead.

Didn`t like the AC3 as much as AC2 so I think that I`m not going to buy it. Even if it turns out that this is the best part of the AC Universe. You can say what you want but the truth is that AC3 had many problems and the story wasn`t so interesting.

Surely, if the next game learns from the mistakes made in AC3 to make a far better game then it is a little premature to say you won't buy it? Could just be me though. No game is perfect. Most franchise games generally have something great that is built upon in future games or something broken/bad which is refined or fixed in them.

Sounds awesome,usually i don't buy games in day 1, but in this case i might open an exception like i did for AC3 , i really don't know where you guys saw "gamebreaking glitches" in AC3, i have only found 1 glitch playing AC3 doing that sub-mission of encyclopedia of the common man where the woodworker didnt count properly , anyway the 100% sync trophy unlocked normally.

Man, they are really milking the hell out of the franchise. I've enjoyed every AC game so far and business-wise it all makes sense, but do we really need an AC game every couple months? I for one am getting slightly tired of it. I'll probably hold off on Black Flag, even though the naval combat mechanic was my favorite thing about III...

• 6 months later...