Any good RPG games for the DS?

Spark-N

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for some good RPG games for the DS, I have been playing Harvest Moon at the minute (loving it) and I miss the feeling of raiding peoples house for gold and items, so are there any good RPG's for this system?

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for some good RPG games for the DS, I have been playing Harvest Moon at the minute (loving it) and I miss the feeling of raiding peoples house for gold and items, so are there any good RPG's for this system?

I really enjoyed Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor, so i'd recommend that. :)

Edited by AxelEra

Thanks for the ideas, certainly gonna check out those, forgot that some Final Fantasy games are on DS so I'll be buying those, I'll check out that Shin Megami as i like that series.

Never heard of Fire Emblem so I'll give that a gander and Golden Sun aswell.

My DS list is coming along nicely, just need the money haha.

...and has anyone ever heard of this other great RPG called...idk...POKEMON!

Yeah it was good 12 years ago, but now it is a shell of its former self. Despite having 20 games in the main series it has still not evolved (pun intended) and remains basically the same thing from 20 years ago. What is funny is people get on Activision's back about releasing a COD every year, yet Nintendo has released the same game for almost 20 years and no one says boo.

Yeah it was good 12 years ago, but now it is a shell of its former self. Despite having 20 games in the main series it has still not evolved (pun intended) and remains basically the same thing from 20 years ago. What is funny is people get on Activision's back about releasing a COD every year, yet Nintendo has released the same game for almost 20 years and no one says boo.

Man....totally forgot about Pokémon. You do have a point though, the first few on the GameBoy color were the best. Yet, I played Pokèmon White and it was fun. Not legendary like the first, but still, I put in quite a few hours on it. I only played through twice though, instead of dozens of times like the originals.

Edited by Mr_MovieMan29

I was going to suggest Fire Emblem: Awakening at first but then I realized we were talking DS, not 3DS and the new Fire Emblem is for the 3DS only. That being said Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon for the DS was good as well just not as good as the GBA games. I was also going to suggest Pokemon but I got the impression the OP didn't want that type of game because of the raiding houses for gold bit. 

To the OP, do you have a DS capable of playing GBA games? If so, please buy the first two Golden Sun games as they are absolutely amazing if you like RPG's. 

Parker

Here it goes:

Final Fantasy 3

Final Fantasy 4

Chrono Trigger

Dragon Quest 4

Dragon Quest 5

Dragon Quest 6

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn.

The Dragon Quest ones to me are real gems specially 5 and 6 since it's the first time they are RELEASED outside of Japan and an emulator. Still hope that helps ya on RPGs.