Less than 100,000

snakebit10

I thought about putting this in the forum game forum but I think it is more suitable for PlayStation Network.

Post a game with less than 100,000 owners on PSNPROFILES. There are a few I am surprised that are under 100,000.

Here is one to start with. 

Lb62862.png

Sly 2. For a game that has been out for 7 years on PS3, I am surprised it hasn't eclipsed 100,000 owners. 

If this has been done before I'll close it. If it is more suitable for the forum games can it be moved?

24 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

I thought about putting this in the forum game forum but I think it is more suitable for PlayStation Network.

Post a game with less than 100,000 owners on PSNPROFILES. There are a few I am surprised that are under 100,000.

This is pretty vague. Games with less than 100.000 owners on psnp? There's probably hundreds :D and sometimes it gets difficult to count with games like Steins;Gate which has many region and console distinguished trophy lists. Or other example Xblaze Code: Embryo Vita EU is just one trophy list with 532 owners on this site :)

Do you want games that are very popular but still don't have more than 100.000 owners?

5 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

This is pretty vague. Games with less than 100.000 owners on psnp? There's probably hundreds :D and sometimes it gets difficult to count with games like Steins;Gate which has many region and console distinguished trophy lists. Or other example Xblaze Code: Embryo Vita EU is just one trophy list with 532 owners on this site :)

Do you want games that are very popular but still don't have more than 100.000 owners?

Obviously games with multiple list will be hard to count. So games with a single list. If it was popular than OK. Don't matter. I just picked a game that I had played. All don't have to be listed by one person. I picked Sly 2 because I thought it would be well over 100,000. I guess they weren't as popular as I thought they would be. Personally I prefer Sly over Jak and dare I say Ratchet & Clank.

7 minutes ago, OhDearGodRun said:

You should pick an amount of time the game has had to have been out for. I could say the new Need for Speed game, which apparently only has around 1,600 owners. 

For real though, I'll pick Yakuza 0, which has around 20,700 owners.

I said 7 years for Sly 2. Is that what you are looking for? Of course new games aren't going to have 100,000 owners.

1 minute ago, Avalynch said:

L26016f.png                L1633eb.png                L18912a.png

Lithium: Inmate 39 (264 players), Slain Back From Hell (3621 players), and Paranautical Activity (907 players).

Do you think any of those will reach 100,000 owners? Even if they were free for plus?

3 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

I said 7 years for Sly 2. Is that what you are looking for? Of course new games aren't going to have 100,000 owners.

Do you think any of those will reach 100,000 owners? Even if they were free for plus?

Not at all, but I think they're all fairly fun games. They deserve some time in the spotlight.

All the Tales games range from 20,000 to 40,000. Vesperia is 43335, Symphonia and Zestiria are around 40,000+. Berseria, Xillia 1 and 2 and Graces are around 20K.

As far as FF goes, it's just VII, IX, XII TZA, X-2 HD, A kings tale, type-0 and Lightning returns that fall under 100k. KH games do as well. On PSNP there seems to be a ton of games under 100k, a lot not reaching even 50k  

• Like 1

I'm kind of annoyed about these.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/299-call-of-duty-classic

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/175-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1154-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3

MW2 &3 were great Call of Duty's.. I'm not sure if all, but some editions of MW2 gave you COD Classic for free.

Also since you mentioned Sly 2, how about Sly 3 as well lol. https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/471-sly-3-honor-among-thieves What kind of irks me is how people played the first one and not the others.. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the collection is the only way to get these games since you can't obtain them separately? Once you load up that game you have a selection on the main menu with what you want to play.. Sly 1, 2, or 3.. It seems like people just chose the first option and basically played 1/3 of the game. It's most certainly not because the "series is dying" because Sly 4 had 100k+..

off topic: it's funny you mention sly. actually in the process of playing the series for the third time on my vita.

Edited by DuckSwimmer

26 minutes ago, DuckSwimmer said:

I'm kind of annoyed about these.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/299-call-of-duty-classic

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/175-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1154-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3

MW2 &3 were great Call of Duty's.. I'm not sure if all, but some editions of MW2 gave you COD Classic for free.

Also since you mentioned Sly 2, how about Sly 3 as well lol. https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/471-sly-3-honor-among-thieves What kind of irks me is how people played the first one and not the others.. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the collection is the only way to get these games since you can't obtain them separately? Once you load up that game you have a selection on the main menu with what you want to play.. Sly 1, 2, or 3.. It seems like people just chose the first option and basically played 1/3 of the game. It's most certainly not because the "series is dying" because Sly 4 had 100k+..

off topic: it's funny you mention sly. actually in the process of playing the series for the third time on my vita.

I agree about the Sly collection. I don't think you can by them separately even on the PS store. I may be wrong because part of me wants to say SLy 1 was a free PS plus game at one time. 

I am surprised that COD Classic is still under 100,000.

Edited by snakebit10

19 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

I agree about the Sly collection. I don't think you can by them separately even on the PS store. I may be wrong because part of me wants to say SLy 1 was a free PS plus game at one time. 

I am surprised that COD Classic is still under 100,000.

You can buy the Sly games individually on the PSN store, the Disc Collection as an extra 100% trophy list on top of the 3 games, if I'm not wrong (and that's only available in disc). 

Also like you were thinking, Sly 1 was given to PS+ ages ago (even before they brought it to Vita) and when they released the trilogy on Vita, they put is as cross-buy, effectively giving Sly 1 to everyone who had got it from PS+ (that's why I have the Sly 1 double plat), I would buy the Sly collection, since I really liked the 1st game, but I would want to get it on disc, and the only place around here that as it, is charging 25€ for an used copy, and while I liked the 1st game, I didn't loved it to that point (I did paid in the same place 25€ for Tales of Symphonia Chronicles, but even tough it was used, it was in perfect conditions, and that game is actually really rare).

As other's said, there are tons of games with under 100k "accounts", because while the number of tracked users is big, a lot of them are from alts/casuals/accounts that are never updated, making the numbers off + it really depends on the games and on the userbase here (even stuff that are major success like Persona 4 Golden and Persona 5 don't have 100k users here.. same for Tekken 7, that sold over 2 million copies between all platforms, with the PS4 being likely the major share, yet there's not even 40k users here with it).

Note that I say accounts/users, because that's actually what it is, it's not the actual number of owners.. take the simple example of Driveclub from me, there are 4 accounts here that have it that I know for a fact that it's just a single copy owned (me, my brother, his girlfriend and my alt, count as 4 owners, yet we own 1 single copy of it..).

2 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

You can buy the Sly games individually on the PSN store, the Disc Collection as an extra 100% trophy list on top of the 3 games, if I'm not wrong (and that's only available in disc). 

Also like you were thinking, Sly 1 was given to PS+ ages ago (even before they brought it to Vita) and when they released the trilogy on Vita, they put is as cross-buy, effectively giving Sly 1 to everyone who had got it from PS+ (that's why I have the Sly 1 double plat), I would buy the Sly collection, since I really liked the 1st game, but I would want to get it on disc, and the only place around here that as it, is charging 25€ for an used copy, and while I liked the 1st game, I didn't loved it to that point (I did paid in the same place 25€ for Tales of Symphonia Chronicles, but even tough it was used, it was in perfect conditions, and that game is actually really rare).

As other's said, there are tons of games with under 100k "accounts", because while the number of tracked users is big, a lot of them are from alts/casuals/accounts that are never updated, making the numbers off + it really depends on the games and on the userbase here (even stuff that are major success like Persona 4 Golden and Persona 5 don't have 100k users here.. same for Tekken 7, that sold over 2 million copies between all platforms, with the PS4 being likely the major share, yet there's not even 40k users here with it).

Note that I say accounts/users, because that's actually what it is, it's not the actual number of owners.. take the simple example of Driveclub from me, there are 4 accounts here that have it that I know for a fact that it's just a single copy owned (me, my brother, his girlfriend and my alt, count as 4 owners, yet we own 1 single copy of it..).

Okay, so I was right about Sly 1 being free at one time. Thanks for clearing that up. I didn't realize you could by the games individually on the PS store. I had it on disc at one time and did the extra 100% list f the mini games.

I take into account when owners numbers are off. I guess owners isn't the correct term. I don't own all the games I have played. Some was rented and some borrowed. I have a alt account I was using a little bit to try games on that I updated a few times on here but haven't used it in a long time. 

I just thought this thread would be a fun little way to see games people thought should be over 100,000 that isn't. I don't by no means think every game is going to be listed here and that wasn't my intent. Like I picked Sly 2 and was just hoping the next person would name a game and so forth and so on. 

So if anyone wants to participate in this thread just name one game that is under 100,000 players that you think should be. I know a few. There are also some over 100,000 that I am surprised by.

2 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

I would buy the Sly collection, since I really liked the 1st game, but I would want to get it on disc, and the only place around here that as it, is charging 25€ for an used copy

i remember reading sly 3 is download only, but maybe that was just the vita collection.

i bought the vita version and didnt get ps3 crossbuy and im still salty same with rachet (bought ps3)

I'm lazy and just going to look off my own trophy list...

Sf9b767.png was on ps+ over all platforms, didnt break 90k and plat rate is pathetic

Scfe600.png easy, fairly quick plat, ps3 version didnt break 20k

S0de3be.png ps+ multi plat list, didnt break 70k

S639997.png not even 60k

S93c2a7.png ps+ not even 40k

honestly, 50k is probably a better number and 10k for vita

3 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

100,000? I just searched the first 15 games on my list, and 13 of them had less than 100,000 owners. 

I think it would be better to drop one of those zeroes.

I'll take that and the suggestion for 50,000 above into consideration.

I picked 100,000 because I personally always liked when I see a game reach 100,000 players. I do follow it on my games, especially ones I have platinum for. So I thought it was kind of a benchmark,

Just now, snakebit10 said:

I'll take that and the suggestion for 50,000 above into consideration.

I picked 100,000 because I personally always liked when I see a game reach 100,000 players. I do follow it on my games, especially ones I have platinum for. So I thought it was kind of a benchmark,

I actually think it might be better to ask which games have 100,000 owners, and then marvel at the ones that don't. For example, I was surprised that FFVII didn't have 100,000 owners myself.

5 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

I actually think it might be better to ask which games have 100,000 owners, and then marvel at the ones that don't. For example, I was surprised that FFVII didn't have 100,000 owners myself.

Good point. I'll add to that FFVII when I get to it. It is in my back log. I know some game have been helped to get to 100,000 because of Plus. I think Killing Floor 2 was around 10,000 before plus and now is over 100,000.

Some I am surprised that Is not over the 100,000 is Sly 2 and 3, Titanfall 2, and Call of Duty Classic.