So how's the game?

ArmoredSnowman

I've only heard good things about it. It sounds like something you would get if you wanted Mario Odyssey but don't have a Switch, or just want to play something similar to classic 3D platforming games and have it tick all the right boxes while also having it's own sort of charm and originality to it. Before the reviews I only really heard of it because it has best birdman JonTron voice a character in it.

Feels a lot like Super Mario Sunshine. Which is my favorite 3D Mario, so it's a good thing. I think the price for digital only is high af, but I backed it on Kickstarter so got it for $15 or whatever instead... Well technically more since I got it on steam, and then the "upgrade" was just another version of it. But meh.

great game thus far. Funny too. 

On 12/11/2017 at 6:17 AM, Muskratateer said:

Compared to yooka laylee, a hat in time is the 3d platformer rebirth we needed.  It's fun, it's made with care, and it's got really great level design.  It is a bit over priced though but I think it's worth it

I thought Chapter 4's level design was atrocious personally. Though, oddly enough, my favorite level design was the Bell area in it. That was really fun puzzle-y platforming. But yeah, not a fan of Chapter 4. Especially that it rehashes the content, wouldn't hate it so much if not for that aspect of it.

Edited by Elvick_

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/11/2017 at 9:00 AM, Elvick_ said:

I thought Chapter 4's level design was atrocious personally. Though, oddly enough, my favorite level design was the Bell area in in. That was really fun puzzle-y platforming. But yeah, not a fan of Chapter 4. Especially that it rehashes the content, wouldn't hate it so much if not for that aspect of it.

Yeah, I don't care for Chapter 4 either. I much preferred the way the other Chapters were structured instead of wandering around hoping I'm going the right direction. Mafia Town is by far the best Chapter in the game IMO  and probably the one they spent the most time on. Kind of reminds me of Yooka-Laylee in the way the opening areas of both games are great but things kind of fall off as you get further. I did like this game quite a bit more than Yooka-Laylee though.

• 2 years later...
On 10-7-2018 at 2:28 PM, Killbomb said:

Yeah, I don't care for Chapter 4 either. I much preferred the way the other Chapters were structured instead of wandering around hoping I'm going the right direction. 

Oddly enough I think this criticism suits subcorn forest more than it does alpine skyline? Alpine is pretty linear when you think about it, sure it has branching paths but it's not like you can get lost, it's pretty straightorward to see where you need to go. It was my least favourite chapter too don't get me wrong but for other reasons, it didn't really have a storyline or anything going on thus making the whole place feel a bit pointless in the end besides the fact you're just collecting more time pieces, I liked the design though and I really didn't feel like it was a bad chapter, it just lacks some of the charm and personality in comparison to the other chapters, it kinda feels like they cut some content around chapter 4 imo.

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent