Net Neutrality repealed!!

stu_0089

There are plenty of lawsuits that will come forward plus Congress is planning a bill to bring it back. Also, some states have announced that they will not support the repeal and put laws into place - Washington State was the first to do so. I think.  But this is definitely not over. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scarishbal said:

There are plenty of lawsuits that will come forward plus Congress is planning a bill to bring it back. Also, some states have announced that they will not support the repeal and put laws into place - Washington State was the first to do so. I think.  But this is definitely not over. 

Whoa, really? Congress is planning to bring NN back? Does that mean there are lots of D and R Senators in Congress that support NN?

11 minutes ago, MMX20 said:

Whoa, really? Congress is planning to bring NN back? Does that mean there are lots of D and R Senators in Congress that support NN?

There is a list of 84 congress people that supported the repeal (and how much they got for it) but I think more support NN. (My mind wanders to job security and those seeking re-election). 

But a guy from New York is arguing that the repeal didn’t follow APA procedures and so the vote should not count. But things are still unclear. 

16 minutes ago, MMX20 said:

Reading up about it a bit yesterday, I did read that there were a few of your congress people that were defiantly against such a thing.  Even though I be non-American, I still hope that all of it does happen, as in, the thing gets repealed you know, congress does their thing, it gets taken to court, all that stuff.  In other words, a good old fuck you to the FCC.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Reading up about it a bit yesterday, I did read that there were a few of your congress people that were defiantly against such a thing.  Even though I be non-American, I still hope that all of it does happen, as in, the thing gets repealed you know, congress does their thing, it gets taken to court, all that stuff.  In other words, a good old fuck you to the FCC.

Yeah. But I just recently learned that New York and a lot of US states are joining forces to sue the FCC to save Net Neutrality, so that's good news to say the least, so it'll take awhile for the repeal to take effect, but chances are that the repeal may not happen and NN may win the lawsuit against the FCC.

Just now, MMX20 said:

Yeah. But I just recently learned that New York and a lot of US states are joining forces to sue the FCC to save Net Neutrality, so that's good news to say the least, so it'll take awhile for the repeal to take effect, but chances are that the repeal may not happen and NN may win the lawsuit against the FCC.

Hopefully that is the case for you guys in the end.  I suppose it's what happens when you put a child in charge of the country who knows nothing about being a President.  But ah well, again, hopefully it goes well for you Americans in the end.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

God it feels good to be Canadian =)

I'm super hoping this doesn't start happening in other countries.  That was a concern I see coming up leading up to this day and I see their point in a way.

I'm gonna be ****ing pissed off if my PSN speed gets throttled unless I pay my ISP more money.

19 minutes ago, Froopy said:

I'm super hoping this doesn't start happening in other countries.  That was a concern I see coming up leading up to this day and I see their point in a way.

I'm gonna be ****ing pissed off if my PSN speed gets throttled unless I pay my ISP more money.

They're claiming now that nothing is going to change, they just wanted the level of control they had before Obama put those laws in place and the only way to get that was to repeal it. That even though they can do those things now doesn't automatically mean they're going too. Who knows, we'll see I guess.

I'm not worried anyways. The Canadian government would never let that crap fly here. Good luck to you guys lol.

Damn it!  Not good at all.

Something bad is already going on in Portugal.  Their smartphone carrier Meo charges extra for some bundles of sites. Story here.  Could ISPs try similar BS in the USA?  I'm glad that this is going to court. I would hope the courts smack the repeal down before it gets a chance to cause trouble.  Also, some tech companies are bothered (Facebook, Google, Reddit, & Netflix, etc.).

Ajit Pai is a low down dirty bastard.  We have Trump to thank for him moving up to head of the FCC.  Trump shouldn't have been able to run for President in the first place. Previous political experience like time served as a state governor, mayor, senator, representative, or judge should be a prerequisite.  Shame it isn't like that.

Edited by gameoverDude189
Added some tech companies who don't like the repeal.
  • Like 1

I just heard from one of my friends on PSN Message Chatroom that they have made a revised NN bill, so the internet is saved. I think one of my friends mentioned it yesterday. So in the end, Pai lost the battle and NN have won with the lawsuits against the FCC. Not sure why it hasn't been made into news yet.

So yeah, this is a big victory for Net Neutrality supporters.

• Like 1