2018's Ultimate Team Plat Race™ - Final Stats/Event Completed

I'm at 6 weeblympics games finished atm. I'm hoping to get 20 done, but it'll definitely be a challenge.

Right now i'm mostly focusing on finishing Mass Effect so i finally have the trilogy platinumed. On my 2nd playthrough right now. I did already get insanity & hardcore with a handy glitch, so it's just grinding out the playthroughs for the ally trophies and doing clean up afterwards.

Getting rather close to finishing Attack on Titan (again) so that'll be worth quite some points too.

• Like 1

Here’s the latest points update.

Team A has 4916.81 points with 56 plats.

Team Sheep has 3922.17 points with 31 plats.

I spent yesterday just mucking around in This War Of Mine learning the mechanics and getting a few trophies out of the way. I went for the Diary: We Made A Stand trophy to get it out of the way to make my proper playthrough a bit easier. I don’t know how long it took me but I spent more hours than I wanted before finally getting it. My first 2 tries I couldn’t get the incident I needed, my 3rd attempt my solo character killed himself but my fourth attempt was successful though only just. I ended up going to bed at midnight even though I had to get up for work at 5am but I’m glad to have it out of the way.

Iv hit a brick wall I think, haven't earnt a trophy in nearly a week and I think it's because of monster Hunter. I don't really like the game, it's the same thing over and over again, probably should have tested it on an alt before starting on my main. And now I can't find the motivation to play anything else, ohh and the fact that the UK hasn't seen this much sun since about June last year Lol. Been sat in the pub garden all week haha 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Precision-Playyy said:

Iv hit a brick wall I think, haven't earnt a trophy in nearly a week and I think it's because of monster Hunter. I don't really like the game, it's the same thing over and over again, probably should have tested it on an alt before starting on my main. And now I can't find the motivation to play anything else, ohh and the fact that the UK hasn't seen this much sun since about June last year Lol. Been sat in the pub garden all week haha 

I mean the monsters all feel pretty different. And by the time you've already killed all the monsters a couple of times you'll be able  to make different weapons to keep it interesting. The repetitiveness doesn't set in until you start going for the crowns tbf. Sounds like you just don't like the gameplay loop.

Also, are you playing with friends? The game is a ton more fun if you do.

6 hours ago, Precision-Playyy said:

It's like Zonehunter says, it really comes down to whether you like the gameplay loop or not. Might be best to just come back to it at a later point.

I'm slowing down a bit as well, mostly because the games I'm focusing on are only enjoyable in small bursts. Beyond Two Souls was supposed to be the my main game for this month, but that's gonna have to wait until I decide to get a second controller. Now I'm hoping there's a decent game in the upcoming sale, that can replace it. If not I might start Amnesia Collection, which I kind of wanted to save for the next KYC event. We'll see.I guess.

Regarding actual progress.

Jydge - I'm missing about a dozen challenges on nightmare difficulty

Alone With You - Stared 2nd playthrough, but progress is really slow as the game becomes very dull after the first playthrough.

Spellspire - In dungeon level 2 now and I don't have the patience to even finish a dungeon a day. So this one might take longer to finish than I had planned.

HDN U Action Unleashed - Finished first chapter and got most of the misc stuff out of the way. Characters are all around level 12-13. Not really sure if the best approach is focusing on doing missions with just a few select characters, or if I should keep rotating them. Either way it's another game that's only fun in short bursts due to the missions dragging on a bit too much for my liking.

Psycho-Pass Mandatory Happiness

1L55f8af.png

Sooo boring! I didn't care about any of the characters. I read the 1st playthrough for each character, but after that I tapped out. The mini-game wasn't too bad, even though I got stuck on 6-2. It was free so I suppose it could've been worse.

Edited by Edunstar84
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Sooo boring! I didn't care about any of the characters. I read the 1st playthrough for each character, but after that I tapped out. The mini-game wasn't too bad, even though I got stuck on 6-2. It was free so I supposed it could've felt worse.

it's a shame they focused the story around two boring two-dimensional protagonists. The anime is really good and is definitely worth checking. Honestly, i'd have liked it if the game was just a retelling of the show, because it's actually been a while since i watched it :P 

Needed some space on my Vita, so I decided to wrap up the 2nd playthrough for this.

1L4d5bab.png

Claire (Vita)

Rarity at this time: 13.71

Average completion time: under 6 hours = no bonus

The Vita version turned out to be somewhat buggy and therefore worse than the PS4 version. Whenever I died the "run" button would make the character jump instead, so had to quit and restart the game to fix it.

Also made some more progress in a few other games.

Jydge - Am only missing 4 challenges on nightmare difficulty now. 3 of which are on the same level and it's literally a nightmare. It involves killing 70 enemies without taking damage while only using melee attacks and enemies keep continuously swarming you . Mind you this is a top-down shooter. Although not all of the challenges need to be done in one go, it basically is unavoidable doing so, because to complete the mission you need to kil the 70 enemies in the first place. So the objectives are basically intertwined.

Spellforce - Made it to dungeon level 3...

Alone With You - finished the 2nd playthrough and now I need a serious break from this game.

In other news... I decided to trade in a handful of games for a PS4 controller, so now I can get properly started with Beyond Two Souls :D  .

• Like 1

:platinum: #210 Attack on Titan (NA stack)

1L5c8bb0.png

I definitely wasn't planning on stacking this game as it took me quite a while to finish the first time around. But since a few friends of mine were going to play it, i decided i might as well join. The game is based on the attack on titan anime, obviously and it plays pretty satisfying. Although since it's a musou game it can get repetitive. Doing the plat with a group was certainly more fun and made the end game grind a lot faster and easier. 

• Like 3

Just a small update on my side.

Finished the first run through Beyond Two Souls. Was hoping they'd make stuff skippable in the remaster, but they didn't. Sill having to sit through 5 minutes cutscenes and another 5 minutes of credits after each ending is just annoying. Will have to do another half run and replay the ending sequence which is an absolute drag 3 more times before I get the plat.

Also progressed to level 4 in Spellspire. Enjoying that game less and less with each new dungeon run.

9 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

@voodoo_eyes - Are there any speedrun trophies in Beyond Two Souls? And how's the story? Heard it's not as good as Heavy Rain, but I've never played it.

Nothing speedrun related, although there are a few trophies that require you to perform certain actions in a specific amount of time, before the story auto-progresses. The time given for them is more than enough though.

I prefer Heavy Rain, mainly because it's more of a "thriller" story, while this one is sci-fi with some horror elements. The story itself is good, but similar to Heavy Rain it has a lot of different endings, which means replaying some chapters. 1 and a half playthroughs is mandatory, as most endings are tied to choices made in previous chapters. The romance scenes are awkward as ever in David Cage games.

It's entertaining enough for one playthrough, but then having to replay a lot of chapters where nothing can be skipped turns into a drag quite quickly.

Spent most of today wrapping this one up.

1L58bbbd.png

Beyond Two Souls (PS4)

Rarity at this time: 9.66

Average completion time: just over25 hours = x 1.25

2nd playthrough and individual chapter replays were excruciatingly boring. It's unforgivable that you can't skip shit in this game. Getting through it ends up turning into a slog and this could really have been avoided in the this remaster.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 2

Here’s the latest points update.

Team A has 5116.00 points with 58 plats.

Team Sheep has 4224.65 points with 34 plats.

Tonight I’m going to be starting up Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online which I’m looking forward to as I like the series (platted the 3 original games and have Megadimension Neptunia VIII in my backlog). Unfortunately it very likely won’t keep me occupied till next Friday when Dark Souls Remastered comes out and whatever I play in the mean time can’t be earning me trophies as Neptunia and DS puts me right at 9,998 trophies after accidentally earning a couple of trophies in Project Cars while starting on the Community Ambassador trophy.

• Like 2

Have been hooked on Action Unleashed lately and it's been more fun than I had expected. That might change though once the actual grind starts. Wrapped up Chapter 2 today and don't think I missed any quests/events so far.

I'm also going to start Headlander as a filler for whenever the Vita is charging. Even though I should probably focus on Spellspire instead, I can't bring myself to pick it up for more than one or two dungeon runs at a time.

6 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

@xZoneHunter FYI

Tera had another patch yesterday and according to the patch notes all trophies should unlock as they are supposed to, as well as popping retroactively.

https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/26494/patch-notes-may-14th-2018

Yeah my glitched trophies popped. Guess i'll start playing the game again then :D 

Just another small update.

Started Headlander a few days ago, and seems decent enough so far. A lot of back and forth going on in that game and I think I already messed up one trophy, which supposedly ain't missable, yet I can't interact with 2 of the needed characters anymore. So I'm not sure how that is going to turn out at the end.

Made some good progress on Action Unleashed. Finished the story and also just finished the gauntlet with all characters. Now the real grind begins with the Neptral Tower, which I need to clear at least 5 times. I'm expecting a lot more runs than that though, because of the whole Lily nonsense

• Like 1

L0e3522.png

#211 Mass Effect

1Lf675b9.png

3 Playthroughs later i finally have this plat, which is also the last one i needed to finish off the trilogy. Great series, this game was one of the reasons i got an x360 back in the day. While Mass Effect certainly hasn't aged well, the series, story, characters definitely deserve a place in my best gaming experience list. I can't fathom why EA hasn't remastered the trilogy yet, it's in dire need of one.

Playing Mass Effect again made me hungry for more, so i will probably go back and make another attempt at Andromeda. Need to get my copy back since i let a friend borrow it though.

Edited by xZoneHunter
  • Like 4