Persona 5: Dancing Star Night & Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night release this year on 4th December for EU/NA

So, Atlus just released their video sharing guidelines. While they are better than the ones for P5, there's still quite some head scratchers in there... like the line stating that you can share footage of the PS4 version... but not the Vita version.

Smells fishy. Are they not confident in its presentation? Is it that much different from the PS4 version?

I'm getting red flags here.

Yeah i honetsly don't get why they Block Recording and screenshots...

In the end like in Persona 5 it really doesn't matter, Who has an Elgato or something else to Record it from another System just use that and post the entire game on YT anyway without troubles...

Using the Spoilers as Excuse i dont' think it a real thing, if somebody want to he can spoil itself the story looking for Infos about the game or not. I Played Persona 4 6 years after it went out and din't know nothing about it because i never looked up on purpose. 

I think they talk about Ps4 only because you can just Record or streaming by the console itself, on Vita you need a System outside to record the footage and with that systems as said even P5 just look a Walkthrough on Yt you find plenty big big or small channels whatever.

Edited by Sora9427
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So will we finally get a release date for us at E3? Can't believe it's already out in Japan yet not even a sniff of a release date for everyone else. What the shit... and it'll probably release in 2019 for NA, 2025 for EU. 

9 minutes ago, Venocide said:

So will we finally get a release date for us at E3? Can't believe it's already out in Japan yet not even a sniff of a release date for everyone else. What the shit... and it'll probably release in 2019 for NA, 2025 for EU. 

It's possible. Despite not having a press conference, Sega will indeed be present at E3 and they've even already stated they will have two new game announcements specifically from Atlus, so it might entirely be possible that those games are P3D and P5D. Catherine Full Body has already been announced for the West, so we can rule that one out. There's a possibility that it'll be PQ2, but considering how P3D and P5D are already done and out in the wild, I'm more willing to bank on those.

Here they are, told it would have probably been End 2018/Early 2019 :3

Early 2019 is better for me, i have time to get all the other games coming out already in th last Part of the year xD 

Well we have the official announcement now which is obviously for the better :) 

Ah, why Sony posted it, so many idiots in the comments everywhere now :spank:

Edited by Sora9427

Halle-fucking-lujah.

Early 2019 should be enough time for me to finish Arena, P4D and Persona 5.

The trailer only mentions the PS4 version, but the site also mentions the Vita, so we should be safe in that regard. Only thing we have yet to know is whether the Vita version will have a physical release or if it will be digital-only, especially in light of recent events... oh, and also if it will feature dual-audio, especially in P5D.

By the way, does anyone know if there are significant differences between the PS4 and Vita versions? From what I could see, they seem exactly the same. Because I'd like to preferably have all the dancing games on the Vita, but not if it's digital-only, if there are significant graphical/performance disparities or if only the PS4 version has dual-audio.

"Early" 2019 is still a long way out, but it could have been worse I guess. I suppose that means physical copies for the Vita version are on the table assuming it releases before the 31st of March. I would like some official confirmation on that, though. I don't want to get my hopes up. :S

8 minutes ago, jrdemr said:

By the way, does anyone know if there are significant differences between the PS4 and Vita versions? From what I could see, they seem exactly the same. Because I'd like to preferably have all the dancing games on the Vita, but not if it's digital-only, if there are significant graphical/performance disparities or if only the PS4 version has dual-audio.

Well, there's a resolution bump on PS4, but that's only to be expected since it's played on a larger screen. As for framerate, I believe the background ran at 30fps for the Vita version of P4D while the notes/UI run at 60fps, so I imagine that's also the case with these two games. This is just speculation, but maybe the backgrounds on PS4 run at 60fps too. Either way, it's not like it actually affects gameplay. P4D looked and ran great on Vita so I doubt P3D and P5D are any different.

As for dual-audio, Atlus said "Both games will feature all of the songs included in their original Japanese versions, as well as a full English dub, dual audio options, and English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish subtitles". They made no distinction between the PS4 and Vita versions, so I think it's a safe bet to say we'll have dual-audio on both. Going off what devs have done in the past, I could see them including Japanese voices on the disc for the PS4 version while the Vita version has a separate download for them.

9 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

"Early" 2019 is still a long way out, but it could have been worse I guess. I suppose that means physical copies for the Vita version are on the table assuming it releases before the 31st of March. I would like some official confirmation on that, though. I don't want to get my hopes up. :S

Well, there's a resolution bump on PS4, but that's only to be expected since it's played on a larger screen. As for framerate, I believe the background ran at 30fps for the Vita version of P4D while the notes/UI run at 60fps, so I imagine that's also the case with these two games. This is just speculation, but maybe the backgrounds on PS4 run at 60fps too. Either way, it's not like it actually affects gameplay. P4D looked and ran great on Vita so I doubt P3D and P5D are any different.

As for dual-audio, Atlus said "Both games will feature all of the songs included in their original Japanese versions, as well as a full English dub, dual audio options, and English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish subtitles". They made no distinction between the PS4 and Vita versions, so I think it's a safe bet to say we'll have dual-audio on both. Going off what devs have done in the past, I could see them including Japanese voices on the disc for the PS4 version while the Vita version has a separate download for them.

Italian Subs? Ugh, gotta put my Vita/Ps4 in Eng (well Vita honestly my Ps4 is 90% of times already Eng XD) then i don't trust how Italian subs are don in the last years outside big games.

Thanks God for Dual Audio already confirmed, it's 100 times better obviously in Japanese :3 

Now if they want to give me P4 Dancing on Ps4 with Dual Audio so i can listen my wonderful Rie Kugimiya as Rise Finally i would go in front of Atlus's Offices and make them a Statue! 

Edited by Sora9427
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shiny Suicune said:

Sorry for bad news but I read that the Vita version will be Digital Only. I am trying to copy the tweet posting as proof but yeah go ahead and buy the Japanese versions!

https://mobile.twitter.com/SarahWellock84/status/1004727804104232969

Damn, that blows. They also incorrectly stated that cartridge production has ended which we know isn't the case yet. I guess not having a release date set in stone kinda makes it tough to do a physical version for Vita when Sony are ending cartridge production around the same time. I was expecting it to be digital-only, but I'm still very disappointed. I don't blame Atlus, this is all on Sony. <_<

But yeah, it looks like I'll be importing then. On the bright side, at least I won't have to wait until 2019 to play it. :)

• Like 1

THANK GOODNESS THEY ANNOUNCED THE VITA VERSION ?

Although I'll be buying both PS4 and Vita(hopefully we'll get a CE edition again) because Persona is amazing and Atlus deserves all my money, lol

I also find it weird how it's not called "moon/star night", but instead "in star/moon light".. I'm kind of happy that they're coming out with this next year cause soooo many things come out this year.. although, it did only take them three months to localize P4DAN ? and that game is much longer than these two combined.

Sorry for bad news but I read that the Vita version will be Digital Only. I am trying to copy the tweet posting as proof but yeah go ahead and buy the Japanese versions!

https://mobile.twitter.com/SarahWellock84/status/1004727804104232969

Hearing this may have just hurt me......

Edited by DuckSwimmer

36 minutes ago, jrdemr said:

Straight from the horse's mouth:

Guess it'll be the PS4 versions for me. Thanks a lot, Sony.

Same. I'll probably import the Japanese versions later on. 

NO WESTERN PHYSICAL LAUNCH ON VITA (Potentially) 

(Looks like digital download only) 

Source 

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/06/07/persona-3-dancing-in-moonlight-and-persona-5-dancing-in-starlight-hit-ps4-ps-vita-early-2019/

Jonathon Stebel said:

June 7th, 10:01 am

"Unfortunately since physical Vita cart production is ending, we’re going digital-only for P3D/P5D on Vita.

I can only really speak to the Americas / EU, so I’m not actually sure if a physical version is being produced in other regions. PS4 will for sure have both physical and digital releases in the Americas / EU, though!"

LinkedIn Profile Confirmation 

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jonathon-stebel-4ab4a926 

Scroll down to the comments Jonathon Stebel PR Manager at ATLUS USA confirms there will be possibly NO PHYSICAL RELEASE of Persona 3 & 5 in the West 

@Undead Wolf and @Dragon-Archon i think you both wanted these.

Edited by DarkSoleride
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, DarkSoleride said:

Source 

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/06/07/persona-3-dancing-in-moonlight-and-persona-5-dancing-in-starlight-hit-ps4-ps-vita-early-2019/

Jonathon Stebel said:

"Unfortunately since physical Vita cart production is ending, we’re going digital-only for P3D/P5D on Vita.

I can only really speak to the Americas / EU, so I’m not actually sure if a physical version is being produced in other regions. PS4 will for sure have both physical and digital releases in the Americas / EU, though!"

Scroll down to the comments Jonathon Stebel PR Manager at ATLUS USA confirms there will be possibly NO PHYSICAL RELEASE of Persona 3 & 5 in the West 

That sucks, thanks for letting me know. Digital it is then.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DarkSoleride said:

Source 

Jonathon Stebel said:

Yup, I was informed of this earlier in the thread. Thanks anyway, though. In light of the news, I went ahead and ordered the Japanese Vita versions instead. There's no way I'm buying them digitally and I prefer rhythm games on handheld, so it was the best option for me.